• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Monster Hunter

Since my previous MH rating was not too long ago and was comprehensive, I will just quote myself for both chance and want.

Hunting monsters? Gotta eat a gourmet dish in preparation!

Chance: 50%

Monster Hunter has a long history going back to the first game on PS2 in 2004. It was a humble game that had plenty of issues, but it laid the foundation for the series. Since then, MH has gotten tons of sequels and spinoffs, including multiple games on the Wii, 3DS, Wii U and Switch. MH has been big in Japan for a while now and when MH World came out, MH really grew in popularity in the West, with World being Capcom's best selling game overall.

The Monster Hunters themselves have a wide range of weapons to make for a creative and unique moveset:
  • Giant hammers
  • Lances
  • Gunlances
  • Dual Blades
  • Longswords that reward the player for dealing consistent damage with stronger attacks that form combos.
  • Insect Glaives which are combo-heavy weapons that can buff the player, as well as give their jumps extra height.
  • The Charge Blade switches between a sword/shield combo and an axe to do a variety of unique attack chains.
  • The Switch Axe swaps between axe and sword modes, both of which change how you play at a moment's notice, not to mention it has a phial system that gives the weapon additional abilities.
  • Hunting Horn is a heavy support weapon that gives other hunters buffs.
  • Bows and Bowguns that have different bullet types and deals damage differently depending on the distance between you and your opponent.
And now, we have two Monster Hunter games coming to the Switch next year. The games were a primary focus in the most recent partner showcase and MH even got its own direct. That says a lot about how popular the series has become, I mean how many times do you hear about Nintendo giving a third party series its own presentation? Nintendo and Capcom clearly care about the series and they are really pushing it right now. If you ask me, I'm getting the same vibe I had with Dragon Quest 11. Some people bring up the base game content, but I don't see that as an issue. There is still plenty of content that can come with the hunter and a hunter is playable in Marvel vs Capcom Infinite.

My only two issues with Monster Hunter is competition and the possibility of a spirit event or the Mii costumes returning. When it comes to Capcom, Phoenix, Dante and Monster Hunter are the big three. I could see any of them taking the spot and while MH currently has the spotlight, that does not guarantee that it will get a rep before Ace Attorney or Devil May Cry. Second, I do get a feeling that much like with Heihachi and Travis and Paper Mario and so many others, Monster Hunter may end up getting deconfirmed on the spot with a spirit event or if the Mii costumes return. Which is a real possibility since all the Smash 4 Mii costumes have been returning slowly but surely.

Overall, I would say that Monster Hunter is more likely than not at making it to playable status. Despite my concerns, I'm still very confident in Monster Hunter. It has grown a lot over the years and has a strong history with Nintendo. I do believe it has what it takes to be part of the much coveted roster.

Want: 80%

I would love Monster Hunter to join the brawl. I got into the series with Generations on 3DS. That game was a big part of my high school life alongside Smash. My best friend was the person who taught me how to play and we would spend most of our lunch breaks playing this game. To this day, we are still playing Generations Ultimate online and we are hyped for Rise (He's also excited for Stories 2 but I actually have not given the first game a try yet).

Monster Hunter's potential content is crazy. There are plenty of awesome hunter designs they can use as alts, they can use weapons made from different monsters in the moveset, there is a whole slew of charming environments to choose from for the stage, and there are dozens upon dozens of fantastic music tracks to pick from. Looking at the wide range of weapons, Monster Hunter would certainly be a very fun character and fits with the trend of characters with unique gimmicks. If Monster Hunter got a challenger pack of content, that would be hype.
The only change and reason why I lowered the score from a 60% to a 50% is because of Imran Kahn's comments. I don't have a source but it was discussed across Smashboards not too long ago where he said that he thinks MH isn't happening because supposedly negotiations fell through and that apparently the moveset was partially incorporated into Byleth's, which is hilarious because people were using Byleth as evidence against MH. While I think that argument was very flawed, it may have actually been true in a certain fashion.

While I'm aware that Kahn is a legitimate journalist, I am still skeptical on his claims so it doesn't hurt MH's score too much. I also don't think the return of Chocobo and Geno's Mii costumes hurts him either as it's possible that the MH costumes could come back with a hunter. So overall, I'm still very confident in the hunter bros.

The miracle never happen

Chance: 60%

The usual score for my lawyer boi. He still has all of his positives with his close Nintendo history, major amount of fan requests, and being recognizable in both the East and West. But now according to the Capcom leak there are supposed to be some Ace Attorney games coming next year in time for the series' 20th anniversary. I won't raise my score just for that because......well look at what happened with Paper Mario and Travis. But it's still worth keeping in mind. I'm just feeling really good about his chances. The switch to consoles definitely opens him up to a bigger audience, he would certainly pique Sakurai's interest with him liking wacky characters, and like always I have to bring up UMvC3. He is an enduring character that has captured a vocal, dedicated fanbase and has remained one of Capcom's top dogs in speculation.

Want: 100%

My most wanted alongside Crash. The Ace Attorney games are right behind Smash Ultimate in my top favorite games list, so you can imagine how hyped I would be for Phoenix. I am in love with the series due to it's charming characters, complex cases, and having some of the best music I have ever heard in gaming. Phoenix is goofy, but also badass and I really want to see his final smash where he tears apart the witness' (enemies') testimonies, dealing damage. His moveset could just be him doing regular lawyer things like in UMvC3 and Smash Bros Crusade and I would ********* love it. I can confidently say that Phoenix would be a dream come true and I would probably lose my **** to the point where the people in my house will think I'm dying or something.

Public Enemy

Chance: 60%

I know some of you will think this is high. But I really do think we will get a Capcom character and alongside MH and Phoenix at the top, we have Dante. While there is not much pointing toward him right now, he is still a strong contender. He has mainstream appeal and it is a bit suspicious that after the DMC director(?) said that Dante needed to be on a Nintendo system in order to be in Smash, he got ports to the Switch months later. While we are still waiting to see if that actually did anything of course, it is something that is still in the back of my mind. Other than those points, Dante still has his merits. DMC set the standard for future Hack n Slash games and while he got games throughout the years, DMC 5 brought him back into the spotlight. Some people will point out that his very vocal support has died down a bit, though I think his recent blast of popularity wasn't much of a factor anyway considering that his support wasn't that big until toward the end of 2019. But that is something to keep in mind for any additional DLC. But for now, Dante is sitting in a comfortable spot. While he doesn't have anything to promote at the moment, there is nothing going against him either aside from the stiff competition within Capcom.

Heck yeah, Dante would be sick. Admittedly I only got halfway through the first game and that is my only experience with the series. But I don't need a lot of personal experience with a character to back them. DMC has awesome music, Dante has enough tools in his disposal to make multiple viable movesets, and I am a sucker for dark stages. Dante would be a great choice, and after seeing Sephiroth's trailer, I am curious on how they would make Dante look badass in his own reveal trailer. He is just a badass choice all around.

Predictions:
Bandana Dee - 20%
Dixie Kong - 26%

Noms:
Among Us character x10
Excitebiker x20

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Dante

Chance: 5%
Hot take: I think Dante is probably the most overrated character when it comes to chances.

Devil May Cry is definitely a big and influential series worthy of being in Smash, that I won’t deny. However, most of the things it has going for it in regards to Smash have only occurred recently. We know that in February of 2019, DMC Director Hideaki Itsuno stated that if fans wanted Dante in Smash then they should campaign for the games on Nintendo systems first. Of course you could argue that he was just playing dumb but the way I see it, Dante for Smash was not planned around that time. I think this is a major blow to his chances if timing is to be taken into consideration; we know that Steve was in talks since around 2015 and Sephiroth may have been in discussion since 2018 so Dante may have been too late. The first DMC game did get a Switch port in June of that year but I think it may have been too late to be considered as a character. I still believe the FP2 lineup had already been decided on about a month or two prior to September 2019 when more DLC was announced, meaning Dante may have just missed any sort of last minute cut-off.

Capcom competition is also another big concern. There’s Monster Hunter and Phoenix Wright, two other popular series with a much greater presence on Nintendo systems. Then of course there is Chun-Li who is super iconic in her own right.

Now for the next Smash game or a third Fighters Pass? Yeah I think Dante will be really likely. But right now I think this is a character whose hype train just started a bit too late. If during a Mii Costume showcase I see Smash Bros x Dante pop up, I won’t be surprised in the slightest. In fact that is what I’m actually expecting to happen.

Want: Abstain
I have not played DMC so I won’t give Dante an actual want score. However, he’s definitely on the lower end of my Capcom wants with Phoenix Wright and Chun-Li existing.

-----

Phoenix Wright

Chance: 25%
A series with a long (and almost entirely exclusive) Nintendo history. Phoenix is very recognizable on his own as just about everyone has heard the iconic "OBJECTION!" phrase from the games and knows about the series. We also know that Capcom has absolutely not forgotten about the series as the Capcom leaks show that we're getting a ton of Ace Attorney content in the very near future for it's 20th anniversary. These range from various ports of previous games as well as Ace Attorney 7 which we should get sometime in 2021. Unlike the other notable Capcom contenders, Phoenix doesn't really have anything major going against him apart from general competition.

Whenever we would rate Phoenix in the past, I usually just abstained on him and said he'd be an alright inclusion in Smash despite not playing his games. That all changed when I got into the series last November through the Ace Attorney Trilogy. I immediately fell in love with the series and characters so I am totally onboard with Phoenix happening. He's quickly jumped up to my most wanted Capcom character and one of my top 10 most wanted in general. Like with other 3rd party characters out there like Banjo and Professor Layton, Phoenix has such a great association with Nintendo that you'd probably forget he's created by Capcom: he'd fit into Smash that well. Also I doubt it would happen but I would love for Edgeworth to be an echo.

-----

Monster Hunter

Chance: 35%
Yeah I'm not completely sold out on Monster Hunter just yet. The series has quickly become one of Capcom's biggest series as Monster Hunter: World is their best-selling game in history. Similarly to Phoenix, this is another series that has had a good relation with Nintendo in the past as several mainline MH games were originally Nintendo exclusive. We also know Nintendo is very keen on promoting the two new MH games, as they had their own unique mini Direct recently. The large focus MH got during the last Direct reminded me of what happened with Dragon Quest XI in the February 2019 Direct.

That said though... there are signs of concern when it comes to their chances. Rathalos being a boss/AT in the base game may indicate that they wanted Monster Hunter to happen but in the end just settled on a boss. There are also the SSB4 Mii Costumes which are still MIA and could easily be released alongside a completely different character. Monster Hunter is in one of the strangest positions when it comes to getting a character with already existing content so it's really hard to guess what will happen.

I will say that if Monster Hunter isn't a character then we are 100% getting the Mii Costumes back. I just see no reason for them to not port them over especially with the two new games coming out. Either way, we haven't seen the last of Monster Hunter in Smash yet.

Like with Dante, I have yet to get into MH so I will abstain. I will say that I am interested in the two new games coming out, specifically Monster Hunter Stories 2. I feel like in the end, I'd enjoy Monster Hunter more than Dante but definitely not Phoenix.

-----

Dixie Kong chance prediction: 17.03%
Bandana Dee chance prediction: 24.03%

Nominations:
Curly as Quote's alt/echo x10

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Wacky wahoo pizza man

Chance: 95% You may be thinking "Gwen what the **** you're usually so conservative when rating, what makes Dante the exception here?" And that, dear readers, is gonna need some backstory. Now, for those who don't know l, Devil May Cry's a 20 year old franchise that helped shape hack and slashes as we've come to know and love them alongside Ninja Gaiden's modern trilogy and God of War, the first game was an absolute hit which warranted a ****ty ass sequel which did well enough to make an absolute masterpiece, becoming one of, if not the best action games out there. The franchise has done pretty well despite the still pretty good rushjob known as 4 and horrendous reboot, though. But now we start to get somewhere interesting. In mid 2018, a fake leak popped up with Dante, which was purposely made to make people think it was from someone who correctly leaked pretty much every major detail for DMCV. This made loads of people actually consider the possibility of Dante to which his popularity in Smash circles ****ing skyrocketed, so much so that Itsuno, series director since 2, acknowledged Dante's immense Smash demand by saying "If you want Dante in Smash, ask for DMC on Switch!" This meant nothing imo. Then, a few months later, the original game would get confirmed to appear on the Switch. This didn't seem to mean anything, but this deal was made a while ago with Nintendo as porting takes time and Capcom seemed to be greedy by pushing seperate releases instead of the trilogy. Skip to a year later and DMC3 comes out for the Switch. THIS is the big reason I'm certain Dante's in as this version of DMC3 is a definitive edition that had not yet existed at all with being able to carry all weapons at once and being able to switch styles, which had become standard for Dante in 4 and 5. I cannot see any other reason for a Switch version to be the absolute best version of the game to play, so much so that the Switch version of DMC3 is easily the best game in the series. People like putting tinfoil hats for all sorts of things so I'm going to put one on for Dante here.

Want: 100% I adore Dante. What made him so appealing was the surface level of his character, a wacky, devil may care demon hunter with tons of over the top action and witty oneliners, but the more I looked into Dante when playing his games and by taking the timeline into account, I realized Dante is surprisingly human, the wacky wahoo pizza man is an act as in reality, he's a sad, lonely man who's insecure about himself, longs for a family and has a surprisingly realistic depiction of depression. One of my favourite things in media is to have realistic characters in over the top settings so Dante was hitting every note he could to make me love him. Truly, a fantastic character. But that's just him as a person, what would Dante bring to the table for Smash? For starters, his moves. When Dante was added in MvC3 by popular demand, Dante's gimmick was having the most special moves, having like 40, which is nuts. Throughout the years, Dante's had all sorts of absurd weaponry, from his trusted sword Rebellion and dual pistols Ebony and Ivory, a pair of punchy and kicky gauntlets for melee moves, nunchucks that can also turn into a bo staff depending on which game it's from, a laser cannon, a briefcase that can turn into 666 different guns, shotguns, an electric guitar that turns into a scythe, a motorcycle that turns into giant saw blades, and more. ****, if you want to limit Dante to just his default loadout, he has a ton of moves no swordsman in Smash is able to use so that shouldn't be too hard to make fun and unique. Finally, the music. DMC's music is typically very fitting of it's gothic settings and there's nothing in Smash that hits the same tone, so Dante will feel completely distinctive in every single way. What a guy.

The gayest lawyer known in the land

Chance: 1% Our good buddy Nick's likely going to get a loooot of high ratings due to stuff leaked in that Capcom datamine. I'm not going to mention what exactly leaked to prevent spoilers for those who don't want to know, but it's gonna be a big deal for many ratings as 2021's shaping to be a big year for Ace Attorney. Ignoring all that though, Nick's got quite a bit going for him. Is he from a popular franchise? Considering how fast copies of AA flew off shelves, I'd say so. Is he iconic? Considering everyone knows about the whole OBJECTION thing, probably. Can he fight? Obviously he's a lawyer and not a fighter, but he's playable in Project X Zone 2 and more importantly, Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3. Side note, this is the second day in a row we do 2 characters who appeared in that game, that's funny. Back on topic though, UMvC3's depiction of Nick was highly praised for the creativity behind it and at how accurate it was to the games despite the most violent thing Nick doing being barging through a locked door. After all, in AA, you needed to find evidence, slowly wittle through the testimony until you found an opening and went ham. Now, does Pheonix have fan demand? I'd say so, he's been requested since the Brawl days from what I've seen, but there's been something pretty unfortunate for Nick lately. Despite his seniority, other Capcom characters seem to be significantly more popular when it comes to Smash requests, not just big ones either, as I feel I've seen more Amaterasu requests than Nick requests for quite a while. Obviously I could simply have been looking in the wrong places, but I feel he's kind of like say, Krystal, his popularity dropping that much over the years feels like he won't get back in the top 3 most requested Capcom characters. I also feel oddly pessimistic about Nick but I can't explain why, call it a gut feeling on top of all this.

Want: 100% And you know what that ****ing sucks, I LOVE Nick, because of work, I end up having to stay stuck in a van for like 2 hours a day so I've replayed the first game and plan on doing the others after having bought a second copy of the trilogy, the games are very witty and something truly special, even if I prefer Zero Escape when it comes to visual novels. I mentioned UMvC3 earlier and for good reason, I love watching high level play, but high level Nick play? That's an absolute delight and I hope we'd get somewhat close to replicating that kind of hype in Smash. I also think a courtroom stage would be simply marvelous, it's probably the stage I'd want to see most in Smash. I'd also want to see how Spirits get handled because they already have so much crazy stuff in there, but imagine ehat kind of bull**** can be given for the likes of Larry, Gumshoe, Blackquill, some witnesses and many, many more! I cannot think of a single negative when imagining Nick in Smash whatsoever and goddamn am I excited for Capcom's plans this year.

It's like Dark Souls

Chance: 30% Monster Hunter is currently one of the most hotly speculated fighters for the pass, and for good reason, the franchise has gotten extrenely popular since it ended up on Nintendo instead of the PSP, so much so that by the time World came by, it became the best selling Capcom game EVER. That's insanely huge, but does the Hunter have more than that? Absolutely, Rise is coming out in March and it's clear that the game's expected to be a huge hit, especially with the knowledge it'll be a multiplat game, though that got leaked through the Capcom leaks. A popular theory known as the amiibo Theory has successfully predicted when a newcomer would be dropped, and surprise surprise, the next character's in March, what just so happens to be when Rise comes out. I think this is the perfect opportunity as Rise is a timed exclusive so I feel Nintendo would want to push Rise in the period it's a Nintendo exclusive, so they've got until like October. There's another crucial thing among speculation that I feel doesn't apply to the Hunter, that being Mii Costumes. For those who've forgotten, there's currently 3 missing Mii Costumes, those being Lloyd Irving and 2 armour sets from Monster Hunter. We've rated them a while ago and I said that I'm fully confident they're all coming back and I personally believe that they would signify Lloyd and Geno would still be costumes. Some of you might be thinking it's hypocritical that I don't think the hunter's out despite this, but hear me out. Monster Hunter has 2 costumes of 2 different armour sets, but there's two key details that make Hunter a possible exception. The first one is that hunters aren't characters but rather builds unlike every other Smash 4 Mii costume, meaning you can go "Hey isn't the Rathalos armour awesome?" and still release the character despite costumes often being consolation prizes. The second one is that Rise is going for a blatantly different aesthetic, that being a more Eastern one, meaning that while the Rathalos armour's probably returning, the standard armour set that got mii'd is radically different to the standard armour set you'll get in Rise.

Want: 100% I'm gonna start this off by saying something that probably sounds pretty weird, but I cannot get into the series at all, gameplay just isn't for me due to the overly weighty feel, but MonHun has a really cool aesthetic and more importantly, looks really fun when translated in Smash. The most iconic weapon in the series is the greatsword, a weapon so huge it makes the Buster Sword blush, so I'm already imagining a huuuuuge chonky sword that lets you just smack **** around hard. Outside of that, the hunter still has an incredibly varied set of weaponry, bows, lances, dual swords and many, many more! However, another big part of Monster Hunter is capturing monsters alive, so alongside the greatsword, I see lots of potential for the hunter to have a lot of traps alongside a greatsword, and as Snake's really fun to play, this is a really cool idea as it's basically Snake with a giant **** off sword. Fantastic. Are there Capcom characters I'm more familiar with? Yeah, there are. Are there Capcom characters I'd prefer? Absolutely, but as Capcom fan, I'd just be excited to see another one of their fantastic IPs get in the game, and hey, out of all the DLC so far, Sephiroth's the closest I've gotten to something I wanted personally, so most of the characters being excellent is a good sign for the hunter.

Velvet Crowe x15
Zagreus x15

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
The time has come and so have I
Chance: 20%
I'd say Dante mostly has to rely on the suspicious timing of that Itsuno interview and the debut of DMC on the Switch. For sure, there would be no need to request fans to ask for the games on that system when the deals for them were already made to begin with. And with the Switch getting a special definitive edition of DMC3 it leads to wonder what Itsuno's endgame here is. Now it definitely doesn't have to amount to anything major but I think it's worth keeping an eye on. Besides all that, Dante would be another massive inclusion with the series being pretty mainstream recently and has a whole lot to work with when it comes to a moveset. Still, it could be argued that the latter half of the pass might have more modest characters after we got Steve and Sephiroth back to back and I wouldn't call Dante the most likely Capcom rep.

I feel like I'm the only one on this site who hasn't played AA 😭
Chance: 8%
I feel like some people are a bit too confident in this one. Sure it has strong ties to Nintendo in the sense that all games appear on Nintendo systems, which certainly helps but can't be considered such a huge deal after Joker. From what I know, Professor Layton is all Nintendo releases as well yet isn't nearly as talked about. I hear Wright's been a major fan request for years even during the Smash Ballot days. He's definitely a huge request now but I really don't remember him being on the level of K.Rool, Ridley, Banjo or other characters back in the day. I'm also not sure if Phoenix can translate well to a fighter. Fans like to point a UMvC3 by instinct when that's mentioned but I always had the gut feeling it wouldn't be that simple. Regarding Ace Attorney in the big Capcom leak I'd take a wait and see approach. The timing might not line up for what we know. As of right now, I think a costume is more fitting.

Humans are the true monsters
Chance: 33%
I rate the Hunter this highly since the Monster Hunter franchise is with no doubt the Capcom series Nintendo gives the most attention to. Oh and it's also really popular, moreso than Ace Attorney and DMC combined. There's a bunch of tinfoil hat stuff arguments that can be made for the Hunter as well such as the Mii costumes having not yet returned, the Monsters getting confirmed Amiibo yet none for the Hunters and the next character likely releasing close to MH Rise. On the other side you hear that the Hunter was scrapped and parts were recycled for Byleth, that the MH devs don't care for the Hunters in crossovers and that the Rathalos Boss/Assist is already enough representation. I don't particularly believe that first part but the other things still make me a bit hesitant on the Hunter. Despite that, I still think it's the most likely option for a Capcom rep.

Abstaining on want for all of them since I haven't played games from any of these series.

BWD: 22.65%
Dixie Kong: 16.94%
Henry Stickmin x Max

NobleClamtasm

Smash Journeyman
As a disclaimer, I'm a fan of all three franchises, with my favorite being Ace Attorney. I've only gotten into DMC recently with DMC3: SE and DMCV.

Dante: chance 70%
I'll keep this one brief. I'd say Dante is Capcom's most likely rep, considering the success of DMCV I feel his chances are stronger than ever before. He's the pioneer of the 3D stylish action, a genre that many modern games have taken influence from, and is just an extremely iconic character in general.

Phoenix Wright: chance 10%
Capcom, being the corporation it is, has other properties that they would rather promote. Yes, obscure characters do in fact have a place in Smash. I know this well since I'm a freaking Reimu supporter. However, we're talking about Capcom here. Currently, the future of AA is looking bleak, and the Capcom as of late has been focusing on larger, bigger budget series as of late like DMC, RE and MH. I feel that Nick's competition is just too high to have a decent shot.
Want: 50%

Monster Hunter: chance 5%
I think MH is the lowest by far, and for different reasons Not downplay their franchise or anything, I've been a fan since MHFU. However, the existence of Rathalos being an "Other series" boss is the main strike against them. I personally subscribe to the narrative that there was potential negotiations with Capcom for the base roster, but things fell through, a deal couldn't be made, and Rathalos was the end result. It's really not hard to imagine why, I remember MH devs disliking the Monster Hunter's inclusion in MVCI, citing that they want the monsters to be the face of the franchise rather than the hunters. Adding to that, Byleth being in 2nd season DLC as a "Weaponsmaster" archetype takes the niche off Monster Hunter, so that's another strike in their favor. I just don't see it happening in Ultimate, but things may change in future Smash installments.
Want: 70%

Last edited:

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
Dante

Chance: 45%

His games got ported not too long ago. Some would argue that that was too recent to consider for Smash. But guess which character got in despite that? Joker! He had Q2 which was only released in Japan prior to his inclusion. And it wasn't too far apart. It could be argued that Dante's inclusion and his port were negotiated along the way. It's hard to say, but not impossible. Among Capcom candidates, here he is the second most likely if we go by sales. He has almost everything going for him: legacy, moveset, popularity, etc. Of course, roadblock is competition within Capcom. I'm sure firearm argument died with Joker although some people stubbornly still bring that tired argument. At least, he has more solid ground than Cloud and Joker. Capcom has good reason to promote DMC as well.

Want: 90%

I played most of his games. I think the games show tons of moveset potential. I'm sure Sakurai learned his lesson from Bayonetta, so Dante will come out balanced. His cool and funny attitude will go along with rest of cast. With so many weapons and tools in his arsenal, he won't be labeled as another simple swordman. His sword looks fairly unique compared to other swords in the game. He's one of those characters that have so many movesets to pull from that it's hard to settle to go with which one.

Phoenix Wright

Chance: 25%

He has been loyal to Nintedo throughout his career. Therefore, he's gotten support of royal Nintendo fans as well. While Phoenix Wright fared pretty well, he still pales in comparison other two contenders in term of sales. While Banjo and Terry (I mean latest KOF sales was not so great iirc) proved that sales is not end of all things, it's still big factor. Phoenix lacks fan demand of Banjo although he has fairly impressive support. Rumor of AA7 may give edge to him, but I wouldn't hold my breath too much. Capcom simply has too many franchises to promote. Most of them have solid reasons to promote and include in Smash.

Yeah. I used to have slightly lower score, but I decided to change my mind. I enjoyed the original trilogy although I was already spoiled by watching walkthrough. His personality is something that Smash can use. Funny, quirky yet charismatic. I love how he is just and passionate. Phoenix should fall in line with likes of Wiifit Trainer or Villager: Non-fighting characters tuned for fighting. MVC3 already proved that he can work like a charm. We can use some non-traditional wacky fighter, and Phoenix can surely fit that bill. Hopefully, with Smash inclusion, the series will get more fame and popularity it deserves.

Monster Hunter

Monster Hunter is Capcom's biggest franchise atm. The World really took gaming community by surprise. Nintendo is promoting Rise, so that's another plus. However, even after addition of Hunter to MVI, it looks like Monster Hunter developers weren't so proud of that decision. Even if Nintendo and Capcom's higherups insist, would they actually force their way in second time? I'm not sure whether Sakurai would go on disrespecting other developer's opinion that much. MH developers constantly mentioned that it's Monsters themselves that respresent the series, not Hunter. There is still missing MH outfit from Smash 4. If those do return, I really doubt they would accompany with playable Hunter. That sounds kinda redundant. It's hard to guage with MH contents that are already in Smash.

Want: 25%

I played Monster Hunter World. It was fun experience, but I didn't stick to it long enough to give Hunter high score. I'm sure he can bring fun moveset, but with rumor of Byleth taking over elements from Hunter, my desire decreased even more. I greatly prefer other two candidates, and I don't think my opinion will change at all.

Nom: Characters that don't have their games on Nintendo platform x 20
3rd party company gets more than one fighter in the same pass x 10

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
right then lets have a go

a man who can tell the difference between a ladder and a step ladder just by looking

chances: 50% i think the series is popular enough for it to be possible. there's no real pattern with the dlc choices so id say the only thing that stands in his way are the other capcom characters. the idea that capcom is ignoring is contradicted by the number of times they port the original trilogy and as a result the series seem to be attracting new fans all the time. my gut says nintendo could very well suggest him among other capcom characters. and could sakurai make a moveset for him? impossible to say, i think his imagination might be a touch selective and we cant just say hed look at UMVC3 cause the other three capcom characters dont really take much from those games so thats a bit up in the air. but all the main arguments i can think against him seem to be disproven by other characters.

want: 100% i love these games and hes an amazing character. i dont think thered be a down side for me, great music, great stage, wacky moveset. defiantly one of the best 3rd party picks and id say the best capcom pick. i just love him thats all there is to it.

yet another man with no name

chances: 50% well maybe not sure. given monster hunter's popularity i can certainly believe they would include him. (them?) my main thing though is as we have MH stuff in the base game then why not put a character in the base game. well if i had to guess it would be either getting a licence for rathalos is just easier or capcom seems to love dlc and insisted on him being held back. of course for that second one the question is then why wasnt he in the first pass. and of course even if it was a case of the just decided no to have a character doesnt mean that cant hace changed their mind since then. really im not sure anything stands in their way.

want: 0% i dont play monster hunter so it not for me.

im gonna abstain on the last guy. and nom qbby x10

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
My stances on Phoenix Wright and Dante haven't changed from the last time that I rated them.

Dante (a.k.a. Wacky Wahoo Pizza Man)

- on one hand, he has a ton of material to work with when it comes to a fighting game, arguably more than any Capcom character from a series that isn't already in Smash. On the other hand, there's a lot of competition just within Capcom, and while the interview with Itsuno (which was followed up by the announcement of DMC1 on the Switch about two months later, which seems like way too quick of a turnaround to be a coincidence) seems promising, I'm not sure if it came too late for him to be considered. I know that a game or series having a presence on a Nintendo console is more of a formality than anything - Joker first appeared on a Nintendo console about a week before his Smash announcement - and I have no idea when the Fighters Pass 2 line-up was finalized, but his inclusion definitely doesn't seem like a sure thing.

Want: 100% - I played through the Devil May Cry HD Collection a few years ago to see where the Bayonetta series came from. All it took was the first three games for me to basically come up with three movesets for the guy, and now that I've beaten DMC1-5, he's easily in my top three most wanted. Even if they stuck with the absolute basics (Ebony and Ivory, one of his swords), there would be so much that they could do with him in terms of his moves, and he would be a ton of fun to play as based on how he controls in the Devil May Cry games and Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

Phoenix Wright (a.k.a. not the bird lady from Marvel)

Chance: 40%
- while he's had longer-lasting support for Smash than Dante, there's still a lot of competition within Capcom. As we saw in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, he can work in a fighting game, but when it comes to combat-ready Capcom characters, he's not exactly the first one that comes to mind. Mind you, that hasn't stopped the developers before, with characters like Wii Fit Trainer and Villager, but it seems to me like Phoenix's popularity has waned a bit as other Capcom characters have become more plausible.

Want: 30% - I've played Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (though I'm terrible at the game - I've needed to stick closely to a spoiler-free walkthrough because I'm never sure when to present certain pieces of evidence, and I wound up presenting crucial evidence that seemed relevant to what was being discussed, only to be penalized for not presenting it at the right time that the game wants me to), and I've played as Phoenix in UMvC3, but nothing about him has screamed "Smash fighter" to me. His UMvC3 moveset is awkward and doesn't seem to fit well with the game's fast-paced action, and while I'm sure that the Smash team could come up with something, it seems like missed potential when characters like Dante or Amaterasu (or even Monster Hunter - not a fan of the games, but there seems to be a lot of options for that character) are available.
If anything, comments from Kamiya seem to improve Dante's chances, though not be a large amount. (he could have been misquoted or misinterpreted)

(I'm assuming I'm allowed to directly quote my ratings from last time if nothing's changed; otherwise, let me know and I'll type up something new)

As for Monster Hunter...

Chance: 60% - ever since Monster Hunter World proved to be a success, Capcom's really been trying to push the franchise - Monster Hunter Rise got a full Direct dedicated to it (during a time where a Direct of any kind is unusually rare), and there's another presentation for that game happening soon (though it's a Capcom presentation rather than a Nintendo Direct). The series is also big enough to get a movie (though that alone isn't proof of a character's chances - Tomb Raider got three movies, while Resident Evil got about seven of them, and neither one has a playable character in Smash), so I could see Capcom trying to promote Monster Hunter as Smash DLC to make it seem like it's their "third pillar" along with Street Fighter and Mega Man.

Want: 10% - my only experience with the series is Monster Hunter Tri on the Wii, but it doesn't give me a good impression of the character. No matter which weapon I go with, even the smallest/lightest one, the Hunter's attacks are slow, clunky, awkward, and difficult to actually hit with. By my understanding, there are traps that can be used, but I don't think I've unlocked the ability to use them yet. It seems like, for every third party character since Ryu, they've tried to make the characters as accurate to their source material as possible (motion inputs for Ryu/Ken/Terry, an entire crafting/mining system for Steve), and if they did that for Monster Hunter, I don't think they'd be fun to play as.

Luty

Smash Cadet
Dante from Devil May Cry

Chance - 10%
Dante is from a video game franchise with five total games and the older ones ported over to the Switch last year. So, at least his games are on Nintendo now. The guy has got to have one of the most fun movesets out there considering his style changing, melee weapons and firearms. He is far from being just a sword character considering his very present Gun Fu and alternate weapons. It is hard to make him not look appealing gameplay-wise. However, there is an issue with the fact he comes from very gory games. Metal Gear Solid's probably got nothing on this blood-soaked demon slayer. Lots of impaling, dismemberment, and some partial nudity to round it out. Now, Bayonetta is in the game, I know. That is very likely due to her being at the head of an open poll by Nintendo. She is lucky she got in due to being THE most wanted character in Smash at the time. Nintendo might go the same route for Dante since his games are in a similar vein to hers, but only two characters are from M rated games as we see them today. I doubt they want to put another M rated rep in the roster. Another issue I see is that a Shin Megami Tensei rep would probably be more likely than Dante. SMT has had exclusive games on Nintendo for a while, and I think I would see someone from them placed on the roster before Dante.

Want - 99%
Dante is, perhaps, my second most desired character in the game. I do not think anyone other than my favorite could be rated at 100%. I played all of the games, and my brother has played the SMT games he is featured in. His styles would be a fun mechanic to play with as a gimmick. Even without them, the guy has an unbelievably high moveset potential from near or far. This guy has charisma and such personality. It is no wonder this guy became the meme "Featuring Dante from Devil May Cry!"

Phoenix Wright from Ace Attorney

Chance - 4%
Phoenix has his popularity in the Ace Attorney games for Nintendo, and it is strange that he and his franchise lacks representation in the game at all. Why wouldn't there even be any spirits of this well-to-do franchise? Either they are waiting to release them, or Sakurai does not care for the it. It's just very strange with all of the games he has in Nintendo. He has moveset potential considering his Marvel vs Capcom appearance, but I do not believe he would be any more than a Mii Brawler as far as being anything more than a Spirit. He does not really have the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate move potential.

Want - 5%
I do not see Phoenix Wright as a fighter on the roster, though they were able to make Isabelle a fighter. He would be a fun character to see if he used some of those skills from MvC, but I do not see those moves being workable in Ultimate, let alone garner the right kind of enjoyment from them.

Monster Hunter from Monster Hunter

Chance - 1%
Monster Hunter is an avatar character from the Monster Hunter franchise. The games have had a lot of success on Nintendo consoles and even has Rathalos featured as a boss in the game. The character has the potential to swap multiple weapons on the fly, despite it not being a mechanic in the game. The character would be pretty bland and hard to represent the franchise as the Sword and Shield basic character. I do not think an iteration of Monster Hunter in Ultimate would do the franchise justice. Plus, I think Capcom would have a better idea of a more iconic character for the game. The problem I see is that Monster Hunter, as a franchise, is already represented through Rathalos. Rathalos is a boss character and an assist trophy featured in the game, and I think Capcom wants a character to represent them better than a few grunts? I never think there is a 0% chance because anything is possible.

Want - 1%
Monster Hunter is just kinda "there" for me. I have played Monster Hunter World, but my character is just someone I play as. Dante and Phoenix at least have personality. I do not see Monster Hunter's gameplay being all that riveting, either. The game is more clunky and slow, full of charged attacks. I am not really into slow characters. The Monster Hunter game is fun, but I do not think the character would be fun as a Smash fighter.

I know the scores on abysmal on two of the characters, but that has no bearing on whether I think one Capcom character should get in over another. If they are able to make these characters fun, new and exciting, then cool. I am not salty about who gets into Smash. I am kinda used to it anyway since most of my favorite video game characters tend to remain back on their old consoles. Heheh.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Phoenix Wright

I could see his chances going either way. He's had a strong presence on Nintendo consoles (I know some people will roll their eyes, and I acknowledge that this point isn't everything, but I still think it at least has some impact) to the point of being an icon of the DS, Nintendo's best selling system period. His appearances in Project X Zone and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 have more than displayed he is perfectly suited to fighting games as well. I just find it shocking that the Capcom IP that has been most strongly associated with Nintendo IPs, even more than Mega Man (there was never a "Mega Man 8" game in the series where an original game was released on every other console but Nintendo at initial release), can't even get any representation in Smash.

Ace Attorney is one of my favorite game series from Capcom. I love the characters, the humor, the settings, and the story. For that reason, Phoenix Wright is one of my top most wanted Capcom reps, and I'd love his wacky moveset similar to Duck Hunt, Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, etc. I think he'd fit right in with the rest of the cast.

Dante

DMC finally got ported a couple years ago. I find it funny how in terms of Nintendo association, he's the anti Phoenix Wright, in that his games have stayed away from Nintendo consoles until only the past couple of years with ports of his original trilogy, while Phoenix has stayed exclusive to Nintendo consoles (and PC/mobile) until only the past couple of years with ports of his original trilogy. One fundamental difference though is that when Phoenix's original trilogy finally got ported to other home consoles, they were actually in the trilogy format and packaged together, while DMC was specifically split up only on the Switch, making getting his original trilogy twice as expensive as getting Wright's, which I found really stingy. I don't see that as making or breaking his chances, though, I could see this going either way. He does have to contend with series that either have stronger Nintendo association, or better sales (although his biggest competition RE was taken out a while ago).

Want: 15%

Sorry, I think Dante is cool and all, but there are literally half a dozen other Capcom characters I'm far more attached to that I would greatly prefer to see in Smash. Maybe after they all get in I'll be more open to him in a future Smash game. T'is the curse of being a Capcom character, too much competition.

Monster Hunter

Monster Hunter has the advantage of being the top selling Capcom series left now that Resident Evil got spirited. Sephiroth also showed us that he's willing to go back to 3rd Party series with small amounts of representation with Sephiroth. I could totally see this character being picked.

Want: 75%

I've had good memories with this series and I wouldn't mind having the hunter in Smash at all. I think his/her moveset would be fun enough as well.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I've seen people use spoiler tags in regards to the Capcom leak. I don't really get why because it's not like you're spoiling the games' narratives, but hey, out of respect I'll tag them too. Just know that all inline spoilers are about that.

Dante

Chance: 15%
In retrospect it feels like Dante was one of the most overrated characters in speculation this go around. Much has been made about the conspicuous timing of Itsuno's comments and the later release of his Switch ports. And to be clear, the timing absolutely works out imo, just because Steve was in talks for a long time doesn't mean the entire Pass was decided long ago. It's just that those ports don't feel indicative of anything really. The port of 3, which was interesting because it's an enhanced port unique to the Switch, wasn't featured on any Directs and in fact was infamously revealed on the same day as Byleth. Simply put, I don't think Nintendo has much of an interest in DMC as they do Capcom's other IPs. Unlike Monster Hunter, Ace Attorney, and even Resident Evil, the Switch isn't getting further entries in DMC aside from a (weirdly unreleased and unannounced) port of 4. DMCV won't run on Switch and DMC6 isn't happening until 2025 at the earliest because of Itsuno's involvement in Dragon's Dogma 2. And Nintendo is bankrolling Bayonetta, and the leaked Ninja Gaiden Collection is bound for the Switch as well, so it's not like they need DMC.

Dante also seems like the kind of character who has a ton going for him, but he's a jack of all trades, master of none. His franchise isn't as big as Monster Hunter, he isn't as iconic or as demanded as Phoenix, and in terms of Nintendo appearances both of them kick his ass. What he's left with is the impressive legacy of pretty much codifying the character action genre, though to be fair Ace Attorney is the definitive visual novel so that's pretty close.

I'd be surprised if Dante got in but it'd be a pleasant surprise. Even if it's not my favorite character action game, there's no matching the style and coolness of Devil May Cry. Dante himself is a great character, a deceptively complex protagonist who's equal parts badass, goofy and tragic. And you know he'd bring a kickass moveset and rocking tunes. Plus the faster Dante gets in Smash, the faster we can eventually get Nero (the actual best, don't @ me) and Vergil.

Phoenix

Chance: 45%
I think it's between this guy and Chun-Li if Capcom gets a character. I kinda mentioned all his accolades in Dante's post and you already knew them anyway but here they are again briefly: he's iconic, pretty much the face of the visual novel, an honorary Nintendo character, and has historically been the most wanted Capcom character post-Mega Man. I've previously been somewhat iffy on him because Capcom's been on a huge comeback and it looks like they might leave their little visual novel series behind, so Phoenix would have to depend solely on ballot support. Two things happened. The first one is that we're halfway through the Pass and we still haven't gotten any ballot characters, and since the bigger characters always come first it follows that if we get one they'll be from a smaller franchise. The second is that Ace Attorney is going to have a big 2021, with the leak confirming that the Great Ace Attorney duology is getting rereleased on Switch (and PS4), localized, and getting a physical release in NA for the Switch. That alone is a huge vote of confidence in the series, but then they've also got plans to release Ace Attorney 7 in the same year. So, uh, yeah, Capcom isn't forgetting Ace Attorney. With all that, I think the stars are aligning for Nick.

I love me some Ace Attorney; in fact it's probably my favorite franchise in all of gaming. To say Phoenix in Smash would be a dream is an understatement.

Monster Hunter

I'll get this out of the way: I don't buy Imran's claims that Monster Hunter fell through and their moveset inspired Byleth's. It doesn't make sense for him to know that for many reasons, and for it to be real for many others.

With that said, I don't think Monster Hunter is getting the spot, but unlike Dante there's no reasoning behind it. Call it a hunch, or maybe wishful thinking. It all lines up too well. Monster Hunter Rise is coming out with March, which is when everyone, including myself, thinks the next newcomer will be announced. Monster Hunter had the rare honor of getting a Direct all to itself, with two Nintendo exclusive games (for a couple months, that is). And it's a freaking juggernaut of a franchise, being a cultural phenomenon in Japan, World being Capcom's biggest game ever, hell a movie just came out! I guess the reason why I think it's not gonna happen is that it's too expected and Smash tends to surprise us; which is a bull**** argument to make, don't get me wrong. The bright side is that I've come around to thinking that its base game content doesn't matter, so at least it's got that going for it in my mind!

Want: 75%
I never got into Monster Hunter. I tried it but it's not my thing. I still respect what it does and appreciate it for its great game design regardless of my enjoyment of it. I know many fans of the series who would get a lot out of seeing the Hunter in Smash. And frankly the series deserves it at this point. But, well, so would many others in the Capcom stable, and I have a stronger connection to, like, all of them.

Noms: Marina x15 47 x15
Bandana Dee prediction: 41.77%
Dixie Kong prediction: 29.21%

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
Dante
I could see it-- Devil May Cry is one of Capcom's biggest franchises, that's for sure, and recently it has been making its way onto Nintendo. I recall an interview regarding Dante in Smash saying "if you want it, get DMC on Nintendo first" and lo and behold, here it is. In terms of demographics, it'd be a good choice for Nintendo too as it catches a demographic not explored too much in the game already, unless that is, you count Bayonetta. Besides, Dante himself is pretty well known, especially with the newest game that did outstandingly well. Although a lot of this stuff is more "recent"; it's unclear whether or not this would've had more merit into the FP2 selection, and although I think he would make sense, there's still not only the chance that another Capcom character is picked (thus making him really unlikely) but even that Capcom misses the boat entirely, technically this goes for all 3.

As we've seen with Resident Evil, being hugely succesful isn't a guarantee. It's unclear why exactly RE was skipped over, perhaps lack of priorities, but it just goes to show it's not the only thing. That being said it also doesn't mean everything big would get skipped over of course because that's just silly. It's a matter of what Nintendo feels they need at the moment.

Haven't tried a game of the series. Can't really say, but I wouldn't mind him.

Phoenix Wrighto
Chance: 30%
A little higher than usual, but I'm feeling oddly confident in Phoenix if we are to get a Capcom character. Even if the series might not do as well financially as say, RE, MH, or DMC, it certainly is known and beloved by the general public. I wouldn't say ANYONE knows about it, but perhaps most people who dabble quite a bit into games would've at least heard of Ace Attorney and your typical "Objection!". It does say something that Phoenix made his way into UMvC3, a full on fighting game crossover already. Of course Dante did this as well at nearly the same time with the base game, it's quite funny to think about.

Add onto this the strong Nintendo connection that I'm sure they're aware of, as they've often promoted the games themselves whenever they've released. Phoenix could be a good choice for them in the same vein that Mega Man was back in Smash 4. Back then you would've expected SF to come in first if they were to go for the best "financial" choices from Capcom, especially with the state of the MM series then, but it was MM that came in first, even if Ryu followed shortly after. Of course, this is something that happened a while ago so again, priorities might not be there, or they might fancy another character. Same with Dante, it could be the case that Capcom's characters are skipped entirely. That all being said, I think Phoenix's got a good shot overall.

AA is great; I've played up to Dual Destinies so far, this including the few Investigations games and I've loved it. Not just Phoenix but a lot of the cast is great and really charming. The game's story at some points got me really into it as well. Despite him not being a fighter proper, I think Phoenix would be a great choice for the game. Ideally I'd hope he comes with Maya for some attacks, sort of how he does in MvC3, but in case he's on his own that's cool too. Speaking of that game, the moveset they did was great; it wasn't like he was actually trying to attack besides your "Objection!" and "Take that!" and what not, but more accidents like moving with paper or rummaging through evidence. I suppose he'd be close to Isabelle in this regard, but I could see Phoenix being more serious about his moves.

Nonetheless I just think he'd be fun, of course, having a Courtroom stage would also be great, and a great opportunity to have character cameos with how many there are in the series. I could see at least the other lawyers and prosecutors being there. I'd like to see Edgeworth the most as he quickly became one of my favorite characters thanks to the Investigations games.

Monster Hunter
Chance: 20%
Monster Hunter is quickly becoming Capcom's biggest series, or at least, certainly one of them. MHW did really well and it keeps going with the new Rise game, which also is gonna be featured on Switch. It's even getting a presentation in a couple days. Not only this but it's also been with Nintendo for a long while, much like Phoenix, which sure isn't a guarantee but it does help.

As of now, the series is fairly present in Smash, which I'm sure people are aware of and Nintendo might feel that that's enough for the series, not to mention the couple Mii Costume sets of it are still yet to return. I don't think both these things are completely negating the chances of it though, because MH is just that big, and that content was added all the way back in base game. Perhaps the priorities simply weren't there.

Of course much like I said with Dante, something like what happened with Resident Evil could happen here, especially since they already got content, but I think a character could happen regardless, especially since Nintendo has been promoting the series a lot lately with the Rise game.

Want: 65%
While my MH experience has mainly been with 3U I had my fair share of fun with what I did play. The Hunter has lots of weapons, all sorts of swords, axes, lances, bows, even hammers and gunlances, and more, they could get very creative with the moveset. Overall I think it'd be a really fun character. Of course it's not one of my first choices, but it'd be neat.

Nominations:
Estelle Bright x30 if I got it all

Predictions:
Dixie Kong: 18%
Bandana Dee: 24%

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
It looks like during my self-imposed exile during the Day that Shall Not Be Named I forgot to post the noms for Hayabusa and Adol's day. So you get a twofer today! To compensate (and because I'm busy tomorrow) I'll do calcs today.

[Rerate] Monokuma x275
Qbby x260
Concept: Characters that don't have games on Nintendo platforms x245
Beat (Jet Set Radio) x235
[Rerate] Neku x219
Worms x215
Concept: Among Us character x205

200 - 151

Crazy Dave x200
[Rerate] Concept: League of Legends rep x192
Marina Liteyears x185
Concept: A 4X strategy rep x180
[Rerate] Velvet Crowe x170

150 - 101

John Marston x150
Henry Stickmin x140
Mii Costume: Monika x135
Peppino (Pizza Tower) x132
Mii Costume: Madeline x125
Boss: Ender Dragon x118
Concept: Far Cry rep x117
D.Va x115
Mii Costume: 2B x110
Mii Costume: Alex Kidd x108
Stage: Bowser's Castle x106
Tetra x105

100 - 51

Riptor x95
Boss: Rayquaza x95
Concept: A 3rd party company gets more than one fighter in the same pass x90
Fulgore x84
Giygas x81
Concept: Darksiders rep x80
Sackboy x80
Concept: Miles Edgeworth as Phoenix Wright's Alt/Echo x80
Concept: Curly as Quote's alt/Echo x80
Concept: A Challenger Pack with 2 Fighters x75
Zagreus x75
Mike Haggar x75
Concept: More ATs as one new item x75
Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x75
Concept: Rocket League rep x75
Echo (Bowser) x70
Junpei (Zero Escape) x63

Excitebiker x60
Echo (Olimar) x56
Concept: SNES-era Final Fantasy rep x55
Gooigi x55
Vi (Bug Fables) x55
Echo: Zeraora (Lucario) x55
[Rerate] Jin Kazama x55
Magolor x55
Jin Sakai x55
Ghirahim x55

50 - 25

Agent 47 x50
Concept: Team Fortress 2 rep x50
Concept: A BioShock protagonist x48
Senator Armstrong x45
[Rerate] Concept: New Zelda character x40
Estelle Bright x40
Ryza (Atelier) x25
Mii Costume: Zagreus x25
Concept: Large and Normal Final Destination made into separate stages x25
[Rerate] Concept: Any new Xenoblade character x25
Kaede Akamatsu x25
Billy & Jimmy Lee x25

Under 25

Regigigas x20
Stage: Tetris x20
[Rerate] Metal Sonic x20
Filia (Skullgirls) x19
Yarn Yoshi x15
[Rerate] Shovel Knight x15
[Rerate] Agumon x15
Tetris x10
Slash Kamei (Snowboard Kids) x10
[Rerate] Yuri Lowell x10
Jesse (Control) x10
Trevor Philips x10
Concept: Rocket League content x5
[Rerate] Thrall x5
[Rerate] Lara Croft x5
Stage: Tetris 99 x5
Concept: Raizing shmup rep x5
Donbe and Hikari x5
Soma Cruz x5
Concept: KOS-MOS with T-elos alt x5
[Rerate] Master Hand x5
[Rerate] Arthur x5
Rallen (Spectrobes) x5
Infernape x5
Firebrand x1

Crazy Dave was found dead in Electrical, and Among Us character is looking kinda sus. Among Us character keeps seventh place.

Tetra sails past 100 noms.

Excitebiker rides past 50 noms.

Billy & Jimmy Lee fight their way to 25 noms.

Challenger approaching! It's Trevor Philips, with 10 noms.

BowserKing BowserKing You only got 5 noms, but gave 10 (5 to Echo: Olimar and 5 to Giygas). How do you wanna fix that?

[Rerate] Monokuma x280
Qbby x270
Concept: Characters that don't have games on Nintendo platforms x255
Beat (Jet Set Radio) x240
Worms x235
[Rerate] Neku x229
Concept: Among Us character x215

250 - 201

Marina Liteyears x210
Crazy Dave x205

200 - 151

[Rerate] Concept: League of Legends rep x197
Concept: A 4X strategy rep x190
[Rerate] Velvet Crowe x175
John Marston x160
Henry Stickmin x155

150 - 101

Mii Costume: Madeline x140
Peppino (Pizza Tower) x137
Mii Costume: Monika x135
Concept: Far Cry rep x127
Boss: Ender Dragon x118
D.Va x115
Tetra x115
Mii Costume: 2B x110
Concept: A 3rd party company gets more than one fighter in the same pass x110
Mii Costume: Alex Kidd x108
Stage: Bowser's Castle x106

100 - 51

Riptor x100
Boss: Rayquaza x100
Concept: Curly as Quote's alt/Echo x90
Fulgore x89
Giygas x86
Mike Haggar x85
Concept: Darksiders rep x80
Sackboy x80
Concept: Miles Edgeworth as Phoenix Wright's Alt/Echo x80
Zagreus x80
Concept: A Challenger Pack with 2 Fighters x75

Concept: More ATs as one new item x75
Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x75
Concept: Rocket League rep x75
Echo (Bowser) x70
Excitebiker x70
Concept: Team Fortress 2 rep x70
Junpei (Zero Escape) x63
Agent 47 x60
Concept: A BioShock protagonist x58
Echo (Olimar) x56
Concept: SNES-era Final Fantasy rep x55
Gooigi x55
Vi (Bug Fables) x55
Echo: Zeraora (Lucario) x55
[Rerate] Jin Kazama x55
Magolor x55
Jin Sakai x55
Ghirahim x55

50 - 25

Senator Armstrong x50
Kaede Akamatsu x45
[Rerate] Concept: New Zelda character x40
Estelle Bright x40
Billy & Jimmy Lee x30
Ryza (Atelier) x25
Mii Costume: Zagreus x25
Concept: Large and Normal Final Destination made into separate stages x25
[Rerate] Concept: Any new Xenoblade character x25

Under 25

Regigigas x20
Stage: Tetris x20
[Rerate] Metal Sonic x20
[Rerate] Agumon x20
Filia (Skullgirls) x19
Yarn Yoshi x15
[Rerate] Shovel Knight x15
Tetris x10
Slash Kamei (Snowboard Kids) x10
[Rerate] Yuri Lowell x10
Jesse (Control) x10
Trevor Philips x10
Concept: Rocket League content x5
[Rerate] Thrall x5
[Rerate] Lara Croft x5
Stage: Tetris 99 x5
Concept: Raizing shmup rep x5
Donbe and Hikari x5
Soma Cruz x5
Concept: KOS-MOS with T-elos alt x5
[Rerate] Master Hand x5
[Rerate] Arthur x5
Rallen (Spectrobes) x5
Infernape x5
[Rerate] Zhao Yun x5
Firebrand x1

Worms squeak past Neku and conquer fifth place.

Crazy Dave and Marina Liteyears shake past 200 noms.

John Marston and Henry Stickmin ride past 150 noms.

Concept: A 3rd party company gets more than one fighter in the same pass crosses 100 noms.

Agent 47 and concepts Team Fortress 2 rep and A BioShock protagonist shoot their way past 50 noms.

Joining the list today is a rerate of Zhao Yun, with 5 noms.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
CAPCOM PRESENTS: DAY 560

Alright so, just as a preface because I feel like it, Capcom is a company that I am pretty damn sure will get a character this time around. Their repertoire of fun, iconic characters trumps just about everyone and those Monster Hunter costumes are still weirdly missing after a consistent trickle of Capcom costumes as filler throughout FP1. The focus has seemingly shifted toward Namco - MH costumes could drop any moment, but idk I feel like they're being specifically held off for something. Call it a hunch I guess, we'll see what happens.

But even ignoring this observation... how could you pass up on a new Capcom character? I'm f**king biased I'll be real, Capcom has perhaps my favorite cast of characters in gaming behind Nintendo themselves. But the opportunity is there, Capcom has been nothing but cooperative, a bunch of these characters are really fun, popular and big in their own right... I'd be pretty surprised if nobody from Capcom popped up sometime before DLC is over. But hey, either way, let's get to rating them.

PHOENIX WRIGHT

CHANCE - 10%
I spoke on this in another thread not very long ago, but Phoenix is... well, I like him a lot, but his significance is massively overstated by Smash fans / Nintendo fans. It makes sense, this is likely because of the series' rich history as a Nintendo exclusive, but as we stray more and more from "Nintendo connection" being a real strong point in a character's favor I think Phoenix starts to lose his platform.

Here's some of what I said the other day which sums up my feelings pretty well as not to repeat myself.

Phoenix is a character who I would be very happy to see, but his competition is extremely steep. Ace Attorney is a speck on Monster Hunter's radar and Chun-Li is a bigger character than him by just about every quantifiable metric. DMC has cemented itself as one of Capcom's heavy hitters over the last decade as well, while Ace Attorney has been sitting in dormancy for a good chunk of it. So it often comes as a bit jarring to me when Phoenix is listed right among these guys as one of the leaders, but I get why people think that.

Ace Attorney is a notable series and one that would justify its place in Smash very easily, but there's definitely some deep bias within the community toward AA as, like someone said before, an "honorary Nintendo series". This has come to matter less and less over time, as Smash has extended its focus toward all branches of the gaming sphere, but one could argue that Monster Hunter has quite the legacy on Nintendo too. Even Resident Evil, RE Remake was a Nintendo exclusive for years and that was the initial plan with RE4. Ace Attorney was exclusive for a long time, but that deep Nintendo connection isn't really unique to AA either as many Capcom series have rubbed shoulders with Nintendo in significant ways.

Keeping in mind as well that we only have three Capcom characters, one of which was implemented as an echo fighter. So really we have Mega Man and Ryu, with Ken as a bonus. Two Capcom series among a stockpile of iconic and legendary series and characters. I used to think the next spot was anyone's game, but more and more I've come to teeter between Monster Hunter and Chun-Li, the heaviest hitters from a new series and character department respectively. It could be Dante, it could be Phoenix, but those two are quite a bit lower down the totem and Phoenix trails behind Dante a good bit too. I'm not counting him out at all but I'm absolutely not anticipating him either.

As a side note I also have concerns that Nintendo may not see Phoenix as a proper candidate, and by Nintendo I mean traditional corporate Nintendo giving the extremely creative Sakurai orders to develop x or y character. When looking at the Capcom pool, I'd be very impressed if the Nintendo execs went with the lawyer dude over characters who have much more defined fighting experience and history, and more profitable series to boot. This is much more unfounded and I don't want it to sound like I'm questioning his moveset potential, I just don't exactly see Nintendo as being creative with their off the wall picks in the same way that Sakurai is, making Phoenix feel more like a decision that would be made for the base game by Sakurai himself.
The bottom line is... Ace Attorney is a significant enough series to be in Smash in a vacuum, it just has to compete with series and characters that are higher up on Capcom's totem pole. I do want to acknowledge Phoenix's major benefit though - he actually had a ballot presence, I recall seeing him place high among third parties on various fan polls at the time. It's not the be all end all but it definitely doesn't hurt. I do see him as a possible "dark horse" (well, kinda, the community doesn't treat him that way but I do) but it's a real gamble to put stock in Phoenix over these other characters who are just exponentially bigger than he is.

WANT - 75%
Yeah, Phoenix would be really fun. I'm just getting started with the series myself so I could see this going up, but all you need to know is that I'm a sucker for unconventional oddball characters. My most wanted characters are from a rhythm game and a puzzle game... a cartoony lawyer from a visual novel is right up my alley for "abstract sh*t that I want to see Sakurai go off with".

DANTE from the DEVIL MAY CRY series

CHANCE - 20%
While my rating is not as extreme as Sari's I will echo their statement that Dante's chances are some of the most overblown in the community. A lot of confidence in Dante seems to have come from misconstrued statements and hyping up unrelated events, which led to a massive wave of disappointment when Byleth was revealed. The whole ordeal was a bit of a wakeup call for me, as I had probably considered Dante to be Capcom's frontrunner at the time, that Dante didn't really have quite as much in his favor as a lot of people seemed to believe. He's one of those characters where like, since he's brought up a bunch everyone kinda retroactively accepted him as a "frontrunner". IMO, he's not. Well, not exactly at least.

I started this off kinda harsh but it's not as if Dante doesn't have his merits. Devil May Cry has been growing rapidly and Capcom seems to be treating it as one of their headliner series, especially after the great success of DMCV. Perhaps not always in the context of Smash, but Dante has always been quite a popular character on his own merits too. DMC is also credited for revolutionizing character action games so there's plenty of history for Dante to carry into Smash too. There's a lot here that makes Dante a character worth heavily considering - especially Capcom's current emphasis on the series making him a character who is particularly likely to have come up in conversation a handful of times.

Dante's major obstacle is one that he shares with everyone else I'm talking about - he just has very steep competition. Devil May Cry is not as big of a series as Monster Hunter (maybe in the west, but NOT in Japan) and Dante is not quite at the same level of notoriety as Chun-Li if they wanted to focus on adding one of Capcom's biggest characters. He doesn't NEED to be at the very top of these categories to make it in, for what it's worth, but it just makes it easier to see him getting snubbed in favor of either of them if the situation was to arise or if he was pit up against them directly. Chun-Li and Monster Hunter are just kind of at this insurmountable level if Nintendo wanted to prioritize either of those categories (series or character) specifically.

Dante does have significant merit in both of these categories - he is a big character from a big series, just not the biggest character or from the biggest series. He is a more notable character than Monster Hunter (who isn't a character) and brings a new series into Smash unlike Chun-Li. So it's not as if there isn't reason to opt for Dante over these characters, since he provides a nice balance of fresh new content and a familiar face, but I think they provide very strong competition for him. Which IMO makes Dante the current third wheel, but that's mostly just me.

Not "unlikely" but not a "frontrunner" either. His chances are solid. 25% seems a bit low with this in mind but keep in mind that there are a loooot of good choices from Capcom and 25% still puts him among the leading candidates in my eyes - I'm trying to rate them sorta relative to one another.

WANT - 55%
Y'know, despite how much I raved about Capcom prior to this, how all of their characters are so great... I couldn't really help but be disappointed if they went with Dante. Don't get me wrong, I do think he'd be fun, but with how many times I've heard his name over and over and over again... it sounds petty, but I'd love to see another one of Capcom's characters get their chance instead of the most prominent, most obvious one. Nothing against Dante really, there are just other characters who I want to see a lot more and find myself more attached to. I'd still be decently happy to see him.

MONSTER HUNTER

Chance - 45%
It doesn't feel like that long ago that I rated Monster Hunter, but we're back at it again. My rating is actually a bit lower than I thought it would be - mostly to account for MH's strong competition against the other Capcom characters, but I still believe Monster Hunter is the frontrunner if we were to get one.

Monster Hunter is... huge. Like, almost Dragon Quest levels of huge in Japan and toe to toe with Resident Evil as Capcom's biggest IP huge. Monster Hunter World has been a tremendous success worldwide, has become Capcom's best selling game of ALL TIME and propelled Monster Hunter further into the public consciousness. It just got a movie too - the less said about that movie's quality the better, but it's a testament to how marketable and profitable this series has become. It's one of Capcom's most reliable cash cows.

And it certainly helps that Nintendo seems to care a whole lot about it too. It's one of the only games I can think of that has not only got one, but several official Nintendo Directs specifically honing in on a third party series. Monster Hunter Rise and Stories 2 are (limited time) exclusives coming this year and the former will likely serve as one of Nintendo's heavy hitters in the coming quarter. The series has a history on Nintendo consoles with crossover costumes and all that jazz. Nintendo and Capcom have always got along obviously, but Monster Hunter was and still is a shining example of this for a series that both companies seem to value tremendously and acknowledge as a really big deal.

Of course, as many people love to point out, Smash has already acknowledged this in the form of Rathalos and a special focus in World of Light. To many this can be interpreted as sufficient MH representation, and satisfying enough to the parties involved. I do understand this perspective, but it feels as if more and more every single character in this pass has been disqualifying arguments against Monster Hunter directly.

Rathalos is here as a boss / AT so the game / series already has representation? Well, here's Min Min, Spring Man was already an AT anyway and Min Min was a spirit. Monster Hunter is a boring, generic avatar character and they wouldn't go for that? Here's Steve, Smash team obviously had a lot of fun implementing the personality and core mechanics of Minecraft into Steve even if he's a blank slate. Still think Monster Hunter has sufficient content and therefore Nintendo has no reason to revisit them? Final Fantasy had more than that (a low bar but I digress) and got a second character in the form of Sephiroth.

Yeah, none of these guarantee Monster Hunter, nor is Monster Hunter owed anything as a result... but people keep acting like they know what entails a character's ability to join Smash, when in reality you really can't say that. Every single argument used against Monster Hunter boils down to matter of perspective, founded in assumptions and rules that have since been disqualified or are VERY easy to work around. I've also asked, many many times, for evidence toward stuff like "oh the Monster Hunter devs don't want the hunters playable", which has only been tracked back to a 2011 interview, rendered outdated by MVCI, yet people still peddle around rumors about how they were somehow unhappy with that portrayal which there is NO evidence toward at all. I don't know why people are so hell bent to count out Monster Hunter, as to continue to spread baseless lies, but none of it really stacks up in my eyes.

If Nintendo wants to push Monster Hunter even more and add a character as DLC, they will. They might not, there are plenty of good options from Capcom and they might lean a little more toward one of those, but there's nothing stopping them if they did. Nor do I see Sakurai turning the opportunity down if it was presented to him. There's a very very strong possibility for this.

As an aside founded more in theorycraft than anything else - there is reason to believe, based on the content we have and some leftover stuff like the MH music being lumped in with the playable characters, having unused spirits etc that there were plans for further MH content that were not implemented into the base game. WIth every character it's becoming increasingly apparent that certain ideas were discussed for YEARS before their implentation (Steve, Sephiroth and the "Square Seven") or had some planning / work done alongside base game (Hero, maybe also Steve?). Who's to say Monster Hunter isn't part of this bunch, and they just implemented what they could in the meantime because they clearly aren't adding bosses / ATs with DLC? Food for thought.

Want - 50%
They're fine. I've yet to get too involved in Monster Hunter and I'll likely be more excited about the prospect when I do, but I'm also not really huge on picking a generic avatar character over several Capcom characters with far more enticing personalities and styles to bring to the table. So I'm pretty much a hard neutral on them - hard to deny that they deserve it, but there are a number of other Capcom characters who would just be a lot more exciting for me. I do think a fighter based around the concept of a "hunter" is a lot of fun though, a character who tactfully uses traps and stuff like that. Cool weapons too, blah blah blah. There's endless potential here really, my enjoyment depends on what they do with it but my initial criticism still applies either way.

NOMINATION: BILLY & JIMMY x5

PREDICTIONS:

Dixie Kong - 21.5%
Bandana Dee - 24.5%

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Commander_Alph Commander_Alph You have to choose specifically what you're nominating. There's a difference between nominating Zhao Yun, and a general Dynasty Warriors rep; people aren't going to give them the same scores. Also you only got 5 noms and gave away like 20 so I'm giving you a chance to choose now.
I nominate Zhao Yun (and that goes to Laharl as well). I'm still confused on how much my noms now

Last edited:

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Fixed schedule part 6: Capcom ocean

Generic line that applies to all three

Capcom has a very good relationship with Nintendo, and considering how they got no characters in FP1, it's very possible that they get a new character in this pass, and well, those 3 are the 3 seen as the most likely options. Let's see about that.

Dante, the legendary dark knight

Chances: 30%

I said in the day for Hayabusa and Adol that I had 3 characters at 30% chances which is as much as I'm willing to give in for a chance rating now, and 2 of them are Hayabusa and Adol. Dante, as you can see, is the third one. Why do I see him as one of the likeliest characters, then? Well, let's see. First of all, Dante is the protagonist of Devil May Cry, known mostly for being the most influencial of the character-action genre, having heavily codified it. It's also the most popular if you do not count Kingdom Hearts as part of the genre, which also helps, even if you only see it as the number 2 of it's kind, not to forget that it's very influencial, especialy when it comes to rivals as Vergil is seen as one of the greatest rivals in any video games. Dante is also Bayonneta's big brother, who as we already know, is in Smash. Dante is a pretty big character among Capcom's big catalogue of characters, though he's not one of the biggest as he's just not on the level of the likes of Chun-Li, Jill Valentine, or Leon Kennedy. His series, Devil May Cry, is also less popular than Monster Hunter, who rose extremly in popularity as a series. So Devil May Cry is an high tier series in term of popularity and with extremly popular characters in term of popularity. Realisticaly, Dante would be on the level of Joker as an addition, not the big hitter, but also noticably big, which I think is a good point for him since Steve and Sephiroth are the big hitters of the pass. Another thing, Hitsuno said that DMC should be on Switch before Dante in Smash, and then a month later the DMC1 Switch port was anounced, which isn't suspicious at all. Nope, not a tiny bit at all. And also, the ports for DMC ports started hapening early 2019 when FP2 was decided, so that's convenient for him, and even if his fan demand likely came a bit late, I still think that Dante can get in for his merits alone.

Want: 97%

Devil May Cry is one of my favorite series of all time, and Dante is a big part of this as he's just such a great main character in most of the DMC titles and Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne. Talking about SMT, it would be very funny to have the "Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series" sticker on Ultimate's box art, and you can't change my mind about it. And also, Dante vs Bayonetta, can't forget about that one. A DMC stage would be also very cool, and then you get to the music, between Devil Never Cry, Devil Trigger, Shall Never Surrender, and most recently Bury the Lights, there's more than a few great bangers in the series. And most of all, his moveset potential. Dante has the single biggest moveset potential out of any potential characters and it's not even a contest, only Sora can really rival Dante on that point, and even then he's still nowhere near him. His moveset could be so fun, even if it could make him very broken if Sakurai decideds to go all out on it. He's very much one of my most wanted and in the top 10.

Phoenix Wright, the Ace Attorney

Chances: 15%

So, Phoenix Wright. A very notable thing that he has in his favor is very obviously how his series, Ace Attorney, has been mostly on Nintendo system for most of it's life, and is often considered a classic DS series (even if it actualy debuted on GBA), sometimes seen on the level of Layton, even if not often due to the way lower sales that Ace Attorney had. While it has been a bit dormant the previous years, with the Capcom datamine leak, we learned that there was big news for the series this year including Ace Attorney 7 (yes! yes!) and also that the duology of games with Sherlock Holmes was finaly going to get localised (yes! yes!)n which is great news for the series! However, for the context of Smash, for it to matter, then Nintendo would have needed to know about it in late 2019, and while it's very possible that Capcom made them knew that, I'm also iffy on it. Two big thing that Phoenix does have over Dante is his connection to Nintendo and how the fan demand for ham to get in Smash is older, which is always a plus, especialy when you consider that Banjo was the first Microsoft character to get in, especialy since his series did not get game for far longer than AA. AA also got an anime in 2016 and ports of the original trilogy to every systems in 2014, which helped the series get more popular outside of the Nintendo/hardcore Capcom scene. Another thing that helped Phoenix Wright is also how he got in UMvC3, showing his potential as a fighter. And one last thing, he would also fit in the "not an heavy hitter but still well known" category of characters, as I said it already, I don't think we'll get another big hitters in the pass, not after getting Steve and Sephiroth in a row. However, I'm sadly iffy. I feel like he oculd perfectly get in, but at the same time I feel like he's not going to. No particular reason, just a gut feeling I have.

And said gut feeling pains me, becausePhoenix Wright is one of my most wanted, above Dante, and in my top 5.I love the Ace Attorney seiries and I think that it would be an amazing fit in Smash, with Phoenix Wright being on the wackier side of characters, like Wii Fit Trainer, and would be extremly welcomed by me. Furthermore, having the courtroom as a stage would be so cool, and then there's the music, which would be amazing. And talking again about the moveset, UMvC3 showed that he had a very good potential to have a fgreat, fun, and creative moveset that goes perfectly well with how the AA series is, and while I would love to see it getting a sort of recreation in Smash, I would also love to have Sakurai take a more personnal take on his moveset (even if both would certainly have similar moves due to howhis UMvC3 moveset use some of his most iconic tools and moments). And also, the ladder as an up b would be so funny. Or is it a stepladder? Does Sakurai know? Does Capcom even know themselves?

The hunter of monsters

Chances: 10%

So, my hot take of the day. I give low chances to Monster Hunter despite how almost everyone else gives them incredibly high rating, I even lowered it quite a lot since last time I rated them, where they got 20 from me. So, what hapened? The recent "Oh my god, Monster Hunter got 2 new games in a partner showcase AND got it's own mini-direct afterwards" train cooled down for me. New game doesn't mean that they get in Smash, and while it's very noticeable that they both premiered in a Nintendo partner showcase, Capcom also made I think Rise only be a timed exclusive despite how Nintendo wanted it to just be Switch exclusive according to the Capcom datamine. While some could see it as an hint of the Hunters coming to Smash, I see it more as Nintendo securing a part of Monster Hunter on their system due to how big the series got, especaily considering that it was right after leaving the Nintendo exclusivity it had for a good while. And like I said before, I don't think we're getting more big hitters on the level of Steve and Sephiroth in the pass, and while the Hunter isn't quite on that level, their series is now more than big enough so that they would be an incredibly big hitters for how big Monster Hunter is, far bigger than Devil May Cry or Dante for example. It does have many merits, but I think that the reason as to why most think of the Hunter as ultra likely is that they're big and are getting a new games. Also aparently, the Monster Hunter developpers still don't want the Hunters to represent the series, as it seems that the Hunter in MvCI did not do much to change their minds. Also I really think that we're going to get all the old mii costumes back, even if the Hunter could bring the armors while still being a dlc fighter considering their nature. But I dissgress.

One of the less good choice for a Capcom character and they would still be great to have. They have a very good moveset potential, and as it was shown with Byleth, they can give a character multiple weapons. Between the dual blade, switch axe, greatsword, insect glaive, bow, and many, many more choices for weapons, the Hunter could be very fun to play. They could also have a bigger emphasis on traps to replicate how important the traps are in MH, and many, many more choices. I'm not the biggest fan of the series, but I still played it a fair bit on the 3DS, and it's very fun. Also an actual stage for MH would be nice too, and so would spirits. Yeah, MH content would be good to have in Smash, though that applies to many other Capcom seiries.

Nominations

Madeline Mii x30

Predictions

Dixie Kong: 18.7%

Bandana Dee: 15.6%

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Dante from Devil May Cry

Chance - 10%
Dante is from a video game franchise with five total games and the older ones ported over to the Switch last year. So, at least his games are on Nintendo now. The guy has got to have one of the most fun movesets out there considering his style changing, melee weapons and firearms. He is far from being just a sword character considering his very present Gun Fu and alternate weapons. It is hard to make him not look appealing gameplay-wise. However, there is an issue with the fact he comes from very gory games. Metal Gear Solid's probably got nothing on this blood-soaked demon slayer. Lots of impaling, dismemberment, and some partial nudity to round it out. Now, Bayonetta is in the game, I know. That is very likely due to her being at the head of an open poll by Nintendo. She is lucky she got in due to being THE most wanted character in Smash at the time. Nintendo might go the same route for Dante since his games are in a similar vein to hers, but only two characters are from M rated games as we see them today. I doubt they want to put another M rated rep in the roster. Another issue I see is that a Shin Megami Tensei rep would probably be more likely than Dante. SMT has had exclusive games on Nintendo for a while, and I think I would see someone from them placed on the roster before Dante.
Persona 5 is also an M rated game and has references to sexual assault and has strong violence in it such as people ripping their faces off when they take off their Persona masks. Dante would be fine. Also outside of one cameo appearance and the meme SMT has no connection to Devil May Cry.

Last edited:

Luty

Smash Cadet
Persona 5 is also an M rated game and has references to sexual assault and has strong violence in it such as people ripping their faces off when they take off their Persona masks. Dante would be fine. Also outside of one cameo appearance and the meme SMT has no connection to Devil May Cry.
I did not realize Persona 5 was rated M for mature, to be honest. High schoolers are trying to be so edgy nowadays. Dante, Nero and V were recently added to the mobile game Shin Megami Tensei Liberation DX2 a few months ago. Seems they still like to collaborate at least.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Impa just got deconfirmed.

Mr. MR

Smash Apprentice
Ok I'm alive and here to do Capcom Rerate Day

Monster Hunter

Chance: 90%

Out of all the Capcom franchises, Monster Hunter has the best chance IMO. I wrote a huge Monster Hunter post awhile ago so I'll link it here. It's pretty much my greatest post so check it out if you want a really good argument for the Monster Hunter. Many of my points don't change so much so I'll summarize the better points.
  • Huge (almost unbelievable) popularity in Japan
  • Overseas popularity has been growing especially looking at MHW sales numbers
  • Monster Hunter World is Capcom's top selling game of all time
  • Monster Hunter has a strong history with Nintendo
  • Nintendo recently gave Monster Hunter the only third party Nintendo Direct ever
  • There's most likely going to be crossover content with Nintendo in MH Rise
  • Rathalos is already in Smash
  • Rise's 4 year development means that it was being developed alongside Ultimate itself
  • If Nintendo negotiated for a playable Monster Hunter in Ultimate, most likely they negotiated for him alongside of Rathalos but they couldn't release the Monster Hunter before Rise came out
  • Internal music files in Ultimate suggest more Monster Hunter content
  • Monster Hunter Rise is on the way and is still at this point exclusively on the Switch
  • Monster Hutner Movie
  • No Hunter amiibos yet despite getting palamute, palico, and Magnamalo
  • Smash 4 Mii Costumes are still MIA and I still would argue the fact that getting recognition in Smash 4 is a point in his favor
I don't care much for the rumors (Imran and the MH team not liking the Hunter's representation) that float around but apart from them I don't see any substantial reason not to add the Monster Hunter. He's still my number one most likely character.

I'm very excited by the prospect of Monster Hunter in Smash. The Rise demo is almost here and I'm going through weapon trailers to decide which order I'm going to play them in. I had friends who played all the Monster Hunter games but never got into it myself until World. And that game is probably in my Top Ten now. I'm addicted to MH and I need help.

There's a lot of ways you can develop a moveset from the Monster Hunter and all of them sound good. You can go the multiple weapons (a Byleth approach). You can limit the weapon choices to three (like MvCI). You can base it off swapping weapons (sorta like Pokémon Trainer). You can have a swapping weapon approach with 'durability' like sharpness (like Robin but with swapping movesets or special sets). You can use a single complex weapon like the Charge Blade or the Insect Glaive. There's a lot of creativity when it comes to developing movesets.

Monster Hunter is also a good fit for Smash. It has a charming/goofy side to it that makes it at home with the more cartoony side of Nintendo. I'm positive that if we got the Monster Hunter he would be fun to play.

Dante

Honestly IMO he has the next best chance out of the Capcom series not represented in Smash. I haven't played a DMC game and I don't plan to in the future but I'm aware of his popularity in and outside of Japan. From what I understand he's also a heavily requested character. He's arguably an influential character in his genre and there's many who would compare his inclusion into Smash with Bayonetta. There's not many points for him outside of that but they do have a weight to them. Devil May Cry doesn't have a history with Nintendo at all but that didn't stop Cloud or Sephiroth. DMC on the Switch helps remedy this a little but he does not have the long history with Nintendo like Monster Hunter and Ace Attorney.

I haven't played his game but as I understand it he has a certain flashiness and style to him. The only think I would want from a character beside being from a game series I love is if they play well.

Phoenix Wright

Chance: 12%
I'm sorry

I'm less confident in Phoenix Wright than the other two despite Ace Attorney's long history with Nintendo and all the new Ace Attorney stuff on the way. The big reason why both Dante and Phoenix Wright are much lower than Monster Hunter is because I have a lot of confidence that the next Capcom character would be Monster Hunter. Unless something unusual happens I don't see that changing.

I usually don't make this kind of argument because it's more on what my gut says than anything but out of all the Capcom characters known for combat, to pick the one character not known for combat seems strange. Sure MvC manage to get Phoenix Wright to fight but he was hardly the first Capcom character considered for the role. There's one way that I think Phoenix would work and that would be as a visual novel genre representative probably the best that represents Nintendo in that regards. Honestly at the end of the day I think he would fit better as an Assist Trophy.

Want: 65%

I think if he did get in, it would be hilarious. The fact that I would be able to litigate Sephiroth to death would be too funny. I have played the first Ace Attorney game and I plan to finish the trilogy soon. I loved what I played and loved the charm and characters. I have no clue how awkward it would be to make a good moveset for him but a part of me wants to see what could be made.

Noms: Stage: Tetris x30
Prediction Dixie Kong: 9.23%
Prediction Bandana Dee: 13.29%

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Damn, it's been a while since we had a spirit event kill someone off

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 would you kindly proceed with the death cry?

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
C chocolatejr9 I am answering your call

Disconfirmed

Impa (Age of Calamity)
18.60% Chance - 69.52% Want

A question for everyone, since we made the distinction in the scores. Do you think AoC's Impa getting the shaft also means regular Impa is disconfirmed? Or does she still have a fighting chance since she's technically a base game Spirit?

This event also puts a big question mark on BotW Zelda, who we've also rated. She's absent from this event, and it's specifically for Age of Calamity and not Breath of the Wild 2. But on the other hand it takes out easy candidates for her Spirit Board. Questions, questions...

Anyway, now for the reason it took me so long to post one pair of scores

Hayabusa
52.25% Chance - 68.13% Want
His previous ratings were: 46.95% - 66.50% (before Joker's release), 44.00% - 57.03% (after Banjo-Kazooie and at the peak of Doomabusa), 59.48% - 64.32% (after Byleth), and 50.07% - 53.13% (after Min Min). Hayabusa's chance scores seem to follow no rhyme or reason but he's around his usual ballpark, despite people not believing his leaks anymore. He got his best want though, that's impressive for a character many called overexposed.
The winner of predictions was Louie G. Louie G. with 52.75%
Hayabusa retakes his spot as the most likely third party (sorry Crash), and second character overall after Rex.

Adol
22.65% Chance - 64.00% Want
Last time we rated him he got 28.53% chance and 83.18% want. Oof, talk about a fall from grace. I guess the novelty wore off?
The winner of predictions was Ridrool64 Ridrool64 with 20.73%
Adol surrenders his spot as the most wanted character. The crown returns to Dixie Kong, with Phoenix taking the role for third parties (will he be able to hold on?)

KOS MOS
12.46% Chance - 51.65% Want
Her previous ratings were 8.87% - 35.24% (post Byleth) and 6.17% - 39.51% (post Min Min)
The winner of predictions was Jomosensual Jomosensual with a precise 12.00%

Sakura
15.93% Chance - 51.67% Want
Last time we rated her she got 12.33% chance and 40.59% want.
The winner of predictions was Lyncario Lyncario with 15.60%

The extra noms list

3BitSaurus 3BitSaurus 5
Artix Artix 15
Awakining Awakining 5
Blankiturayman Blankiturayman 10
DanganZilla5 DanganZilla5 10
DaUsername DaUsername 102
Delzethin Delzethin 5
GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 83
Inue Houji Inue Houji 20
Jomosensual Jomosensual 5
Louie G. Louie G. 5
Lyncario Lyncario 20
Mr. MR Mr. MR 70
NintenRob NintenRob 55
Nemuresu Nemuresu 10
Ninjaed Ninjaed 20
Perkilator Perkilator 5
Ridrool64 Ridrool64 5
SKX31 SKX31 5
Troykv Troykv 15
waddledeeonredyoshi waddledeeonredyoshi 59
WeirdChillFever WeirdChillFever 10
Wunderwaft Wunderwaft 5

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
C chocolatejr9 I am answering your call

Disconfirmed

Impa (Age of Calamity)

A question for everyone, since we made the distinction in the scores. Do you think AoC's Impa getting the shaft also means regular Impa is disconfirmed? Or does she still have a fighting chance since she's technically a base game Spirit?

This event also puts a big question mark on BotW Zelda, who we've also rated. She's absent from this event, and it's specifically for Age of Calamity and not Breath of the Wild 2. But on the other hand it takes out easy candidates for her Spirit Board. Questions, questions...

Hayabusa
52.25% Chance - 68.13% Want
His previous ratings were: 46.95% - 66.50% (before Joker's release), 44.00% - 57.03% (after Banjo-Kazooie and at the peak of Doomabusa), 59.48% - 64.32% (after Byleth), and 50.07% - 53.13% (after Min Min). Hayabusa's chance scores seem to follow no rhyme or reason but he's around his usual ballpark, despite people not believing his leaks anymore. He got his best want though, that's impressive for a character many called overexposed.
The winner of predictions was Louie G. Louie G. with 52.75%
Hayabusa retakes his spot as the most likely third party (sorry Crash), and second character overall after Rex.

Adol
22.65% Chance - 64.00% Want
Last time we rated him he got 28.53% chance and 83.18% want. Oof, talk about a fall from grace. I guess the novelty wore off?
The winner of predictions was Ridrool64 Ridrool64 with 20.73%
Adol surrenders his spot as the most wanted character. The crown returns to Dixie Kong, with Phoenix taking the role for third parties (will he be able to hold on?)

KOS MOS
12.46% Chance - 51.65% Want
Her previous ratings were 8.87% - 35.24% (post Byleth) and 6.17% - 39.51% (post Min Min)
The winner of predictions was Jomosensual Jomosensual with a precise 12.00%

Sakura
15.93% Chance - 51.67% Want
Last time we rated her she got 12.33% chance and 40.59% want.
The winner of predictions was Lyncario Lyncario with 15.60%

The extra noms list

3BitSaurus 3BitSaurus 5
Artix Artix 15
Awakining Awakining 5
Blankiturayman Blankiturayman 10
DanganZilla5 DanganZilla5 10
DaUsername DaUsername 102
Delzethin Delzethin 5
GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 83
Inue Houji Inue Houji 20
Jomosensual Jomosensual 5
Louie G. Louie G. 5
Lyncario Lyncario 20
Mr. MR Mr. MR 70
NintenRob NintenRob 55
Nemuresu Nemuresu 10
Ninjaed Ninjaed 20
Perkilator Perkilator 5
Ridrool64 Ridrool64 5
SKX31 SKX31 5
Troykv Troykv 15
waddledeeonredyoshi waddledeeonredyoshi 59
WeirdChillFever WeirdChillFever 10
Wunderwaft Wunderwaft 5
Id say regular Impa is dead now too. Cant imagine they'd skip over a more recent version of her just to pick the one from like, Skyward Sword for no reason.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
CCC - Center for Capcom Containment

While others are much more confident in a Capcom rep happening, I actually don't think they're necessarily guaranteed one. In fact, between the Mega Man costumes popping out of nowhere during the last pass and still no Smash in the gigaleak, I am currently leaning towards "none". I think the Monster Hunter costumes will drop with somebody else, and that's it. I don't think it's impossible we end up getting a Capcom rep, but still.

Chance (Dante):

Dante Chance: 65%, though he's under a condition. Dante is way likelier to get in the first three slots than the last three, of which he is too hype. But my analysis will tell me that while I don't predict him outright, I see him as a prime candidate for the first spot outside of Crash. Dante has come back to roaring success and gotten a Nintendo release too late to matter in Volume 1, but just in time for Volume 2. The character is popular among both Smash fans and an audience not already into Smash Bros. Dante is definitely a frontrunner for the first spot barring any potential game changing leaks, I think.
Well, Dante didn't happen in the first three, did he? I still think there is one angle he can get in, but that angle is massively stacked, and that's as the E3 rep. 15%.

Chance (Phoenix Wright):

Phoenix Chance: 45%, also under a condition. Phoenix becomes the frontrunner for Capcom with slots 4 and 5, as opposed to 1/2/3. This is a character who is much more likely later on as, while a big deal to the Smash fandom, he's not that big and makes more sense to reveal later. Phoenix has been asked for for many years, and will likely remain a popular request. That being said, I honest to god expect an Ace Attorney Spirit Board event in the future, so I don't think he's showing up this time.
I'll go with a 30% now. Probably my highest chance score. I threw Nintendo history into the trash after Joker showed up, guy had basically none. However Capcom's relationship with Nintendo is strong, so I wouldn't say Wright is a never ever. Still mostly expecting a Spirit Board, but that may not happen after all.

Chance (Monster Hunter):
Chance: 30%. Monster Hunter's pros have already been said; it's massive, especially in Japan, it's getting a lot of attention from Nintendo other series don't (a dedicated Direct, for one) and it all and all just makes sense. But I think between Byleth sniping the most obvious catching feature of the Hunter, the looming threat of the Mii Costumes (especially since they're the only Capcom-stumes yet to return), and the general competition within Capcom the Hunter is nowhere near a lock or anything of the sort. I also think they might be too big (in the promotional sense, not the Ridley way; I'm saying this character would probably cost a lot to negotiate for, and then produce in the game, and that might be a tall order for a team that just got done with making Steve) for the later slots, though I'm willing to entertain them for 8. Past 9, though, the Hunter is toast.

That being said, in the next Smash game, keep an eye on this guy as I'd be going drastically higher. Probably gonna happen at some point, I just don't think now is the time. Base game newcomer for Ultimate's sequel/follow-up/successor, or at least DLC newcomer then? Extremely likely, high 70's at worst.
Let's make that a 10%. I am pretty sure the costume is coming back for Monster Hunter, and unless they get picked as the E3 candidate, I don't think they're coming. If Khan was the guy who knew Min Min was coming, I don't have a real reason to doubt the Byleth/Hunter rumor. Aside from that, pretty much my thoughts haven't changed here. I just don't think Ultimate is when the Monster Hunter is coming. I think they're getting saved for next time. (As a result, though, I will let them fly up to Challenger Pack 10. If they're not in by then, Monster Hunter is not coming.)

Want-e:

Dante Want: 50%. I've seen his games, and he looks really cool in them! Yet, I've heard horror stories about how broken he is in another game. Still, he and his games are cool, and I've seen enough movesets to approximate how he'd play even if I don't have hands-on experience with the character. Also, Devil Trigger in Smash would be a godsend.
Want (Wright):
Phoenix Want: 35%. On the bright side, I'm friends with quite a good few many Ace Attorney fans. I'm sure they'd be happy to see him on the big screen with some of gaming's finest. On the other... I'm not exactly convinced his moveset would be terribly interesting, even if it exists. But then again, that would mean Cornered could be in Smash, so that seems cool.
Want (Hunter):
Want: 20%. I did not like the Switch Monster Hunter demo, series just wasn't for me at the time. I'm willing to give it another shot (what's the best one?), but right now I can't say I'd really give a **** if the Hunter happened. It'd be neat, I'd be happy for the fans, maybe I'll like how they'll play but there's very few characters that those points wouldn't apply to. So, hm.
Nothing has changed, and slots are getting tighter. Still, I can't say I wasn't too terribly surprised. As a result, all of them go to 30% want. I'm not that big on Dante because we've gotten a thematically similar character so recently (and while Sephiroth was better balanced than I expected, I still expect Dante to be either absurdly broken or a shell of a fighter). With Wright, my big beef is that if you're gonna ape 80~95% of his moveset from another fighting game, you're not adding Phoenix Wright from Ace Attorney. You're adding Phoenix Wright from Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Monster Hunter I've somewhat warmed up to, actually. Might wait for Rise at this point, and something tells me it won't run the best at launch. Just a hunch. Which is why I'll be picking up the not-endo Switch versions if I do pick it up.

TF2 rep x max. Dixie Kong and Bandana Dee are perennial well-to-do characters. But between Mario time nearly being over and the return of third party hype, I doubt people will rate Dixie highly anymore. Bandana Dee, either his fans will be invigorated or browbeaten. Dixie: 14.75%. Bandana Dee: 20%, on the dot.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Disconfirmed

Impa (Age of Calamity)

I think that would apply to basically every incarnation of Impa, Nintendo isn't the type of company to jump around and find a loophole just for her alone, a supporting character, and it would feel really weird to have 3 Impas in the game even if 2 of them is a spirit cause unlike Link you can't distinct her based on artstyle (toon artstyle) (and I also know that they will refer to her AOC version as Young Impa) and I will predict that everyone isn't going to feel happy if the incarnation of her that is going to be the fighter is her old lady form.

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Wow we've had some pretty heavy hitting rates so far in 2021, I like I like. Also dangit I thought I was gonna be cool and unique saying Dante is kind of overrated in chances but now everyone is saying that. :upsidedown:

WHY YOU NO PLAY DEE EM CEE TWO BOOTY PLZZZZZ

CHANCE - 35%
To be overrated and still have a chance score as high as this is a great sign. DMC is obviously iconic and influential, as many people here have already pointed out. The reasons for Dante's inclusion are much the same as other icons like Master Chief, so I don't think I need to go into much detail here. And unlike characters like Master Chief, Dante has some presence on Nintendo consoles. The main problem is that that presence started like a year ago with some ports, so it's still quite recent. Of course there's the case of Joker and Cloud, so maybe that doesn't mean much after all. Call it a gut feeling that the devs would glance over Dante. I wouldn't be too shocked if he got in tbh, but I just don't know how much Nintendo cares about him, and I sadly doubt it's much.

WANT - 40%
Well yeah he's iconic and important as hell to a lot of modern games. I'll admit I don't know much of the series outside of the latest entry, but he has as much great moveset potential as Bayonetta, if not more. Now that some of his games are on Switch, I'd love to have an excuse to play them too heh. Dante has such an enjoyable personality too that as a character he's just very charming and I can see him being cool as hell in Smash.

Look at this badge, every time I do it makes me laugh

CHANCE - 75%
Oh yeah baby, we're gettin into the big numbers now. Other than Mega Man, Ace Attorney is the Capcom franchise that's most Nintendo. In fact you could say that AA is more purely Nintendo than the sometimes-PlayStation-dabbling MM (though all the big MM games are some of the most famous games in Nintendo history so it kinda cancels out) I tend to not factor in the idea that "only one fighter per company is allowed" into my scores here, but I do totally factor in how much Nintendo themselves likes the character. If they got Capcom on their side, which they clearly do, they'd have some biases. Not to mention AA is a pretty iconic series in its own right. Like, a lot more than most people here seem to realize? You only have to dip your toes in gaming before you hear about the spiky haired lawyer. He is essentially the face of a whole genre, especially outside of Japan. The main lowering factor is that idk how they'll make a moveset for him. Sakurai is great at coming up with moves sure, but he's admitted to giving up before, most famously with Heihachi. Phoenix seems like an even bigger task...

WANT - 90%
Freakin' love visual novels dude. Not much of a "game" admittedly but a really fun way to tell a story. And Ace Attorney is the gateway to that! It's a series I have a lot of personal connection to, and I love the characters and setting and everything, it's just a great charming franchise. Phoenix himself is a great character who has a lot of personality. This number would be 95 or even 100% if I didn't have moveset concerns. idk how they'd do it without making it look weird, but eh they've surprised me before. The stage is an even bigger concern since there's not really any great candidates there either. Still, Ace Attorney music and remixes in Smash... who would say no?

Milla Jovovich

CHANCE - 70%
Slightly lower than Phoenix due to being less Nintendo-specific. This is a hard one to rate, btw. It's hard to say what Rathalos being a boss means for MonHun's chances, since we've never seen a situation like this for a third party. The devs have stated before that they consider Rathalos the mascot, not the hunters themselves. But they put the armor as a Mii costume in Smash 4, so they're clearly okay with the hunters crossing over. I think Rathalos does not spell doom for the series, it's just a weird quirk. And idk why Nintendo would say no to MH when it's one of the biggest series ever. In Japan it's a whole cultural touchstone. In the west less so, sure, but it was known enough. And Monster Hunter World was a giant smash in the west too, I have many anecdotes of friends getting into the series from that game alone. If this chance rating was just about whether the character would get into Smash eventually, even in future games, my score would be 100%.

WANT - 50%
Hella. MH is a cool series, even if its big selling point wouldn't really be well-represented in Smash outside of the series. That being the giant monsters, of course. They could be stage hazards I guess. Still, there's nothing bad about the hunters themselves. MH has a variety of unique and interesting weapons that could be incorporated into a moveset. It's just a series that I've only purchased one game of, so it's not at the top of my list. But still I would never reject the hunters being in, especially since as I said in the last paragraph, I think they're absolutely going to be part of the cast someday eventually.

Nominations: Tetra x10, 4X strategy rep x10

Predictions: Bandana Waddle Dee 40%, Dixie Kong 10%

Just saw the news about the Age of Calamity spirit event while I was writing this. If people start calling Impa 100% deconfirmed I'm gonna start yelling

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Just saw the news about the Age of Calamity spirit event while I was writing this. If people start calling Impa 100% deconfirmed I'm gonna start yelling
Welp nvm apparently it got the official RTC deconfirmation treatment, F in the chat kids

Still think it's silly

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Why is that? I mean, getting a Spirit seems like a clear indication that she isn't getting in, at least, in Fighter Pass 2, no?
idk, maybe it's just a personal thing where in my head I don't place a lot of weight on spirits. (Not that I dislike spirits themselves, spirit battles are hype!) I remember years ago when the Lucas and Mewtwo trophies in Smash 4 were deconfirmations! Not saying y'all are dumb for coming to this conclusion, I get the reasoning. Just doesn't click with me really. But yeah I suppose if no DLC spirit ever ends up being upgraded in this game I won't be shocked or anything.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
idk, maybe it's just a personal thing where in my head I don't place a lot of weight on spirits. (Not that I dislike spirits themselves, spirit battles are hype!) I remember years ago when the Lucas and Mewtwo trophies in Smash 4 were deconfirmations! Not saying y'all are dumb for coming to this conclusion, I get the reasoning. Just doesn't click with me really. But yeah I suppose if no DLC spirit ever ends up being upgraded in this game I won't be shocked or anything.
The reasoning is less the Spirits themselves and more the timing. If they were getting a full pack of content later on, why would they have a Spirit Event beforehand? Generally speaking, if a game gets post-launch content, chances are that's it for new content.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
When Smash 4 was being developed Sakurai didn't even know that they'd be doing DLC characters.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
The reasoning is less the Spirits themselves and more the timing. If they were getting a full pack of content later on, why would they have a Spirit Event beforehand? Generally speaking, if a game gets post-launch content, chances are that's it for new content.
I do think I see where you're coming from there. It makes sense, but I guess it depends on how far in advance spirit events are planned? Or how far the DLC fighters are planned. Or if plans are flexible. I would doubt that last one because third parties are involved but stranger things have happened. My rationalization is that spirits are a small bonus and I feel like the devs would be okay with playing fast and loose with them. Still, yes if they have something like Impa or another BotW-related fighter planned for FP9, they'd probably have saved a Kohga spirit for that, true. I'm not gonna take it as a hard NO but it does muddle the chances.

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Technicaly DMC got 2 cameos in SMT if you count SMT:Dx2, but the point still stands.

Top Bottom