• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances (of Returning) - Day 6 - Mewtwo

Stryks

Smash Hero
Dude shes the love interest of Fox, cmon she has a big role, and so what if she had a big role in one game, sheik had a not so great role in OoT, ta da there she is in melee, just because a character has one apeparance, and has had only one big role in one game dont mean anything, she can still be in the game, the fact that almos EVERYONE wants krystal in, being one of the most voted characters, appearing in sakurais poll... her chances are WAY good...

as for andross: No body = low chance in brawl...

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Yay Stafy! And as much as I don't like Krystal, I can't deny her chances, 85%. Nominate Bomberman x5.

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
Her chances are pretty good. But with the starfox series there is a pattern. 1 for each game. (Fox in SSB64 then Falco in SSBM). So I again think that only one character will come from the Starfox series and it would be Wolf. So I give Krystal a 70% chance, cause still her chances are high.

Nominations - Gex(x5)

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Personally, I think Krystal would be the only unique character to come from StarFox, and you can't deny her popularity. 85%

Five more for Balloon Fighter

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Krystal or Wolf for me, but I prefer Wolf because we don't have a Star Fox villian yet. However, she could do some interesting things with her staff. 75%.

Samurai Goroh 5x

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
90%. Easily, she will appear. The only reason there's that last 10% is because anything can happen.

But c'mon. Star Fox has jumped immensely in recognition and popularity; it's basically a key franchise now. Krystal has that appeal as well of being not only a female character but a unique one at that. Of course, she's another princess, but we can pretend she isn't for Smash :p

Tera253

Smash Ace
95%.
femininity is exactly what smash bros is missing.

nonfloaty female characters is what smash bros is MISSING. notice (on Smash Wiki) how the 4 floatiest characters are:
Peach
Jigglypuff
Zelda
Samus

(that pretty much leaves our only hope for Nana, but Tera thinks she's up there too.)

Krystal should be a hardcore fast-faller if she makes it. one reason Tera thinks she didn't in Melee was because she didn't exist backl then.
(Melee-2001; SFA: 2002)
~Tera253~

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
95%.
femininity is exactly what smash bros is missing.

nonfloaty female characters is what smash bros is MISSING. notice (on Smash Wiki) how the 4 floatiest characters are:
Peach
Jigglypuff
Zelda
Samus

~Tera253~
Super Smash Sisters Brawl!!

Oh and I nominate Vaati......again x4

JesterBox

Smash Ace
I say like 50%, she isnt that important, a staff + magic charecter could be cool, If they add more starfox, my geuss is the return of Falco plus either Wolf or Krystal. Wolf Takes the othe 50% I suppose.

P.S. I'd really like to see Starfox return to its roots as a Wii title, Blazing fast shooter with intuitive Wii-mote = awsome

---Retro is the new, new---

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah a Wii StarFox would be SO awesome! You guys played WarioWare Smooth Moves? Well if you completed 9 Volt's chapter you should know where I'm getting at.

I don't think they gave us 3 classic StarFox levels with unique controlls if they wheren't planning on using them later. However I'm not sure how the famous Barrel Roll would be implated, I think the controlls of WarioWare Smooth Moves' StarFox micro game are pretty daymn good.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
80% chance for Krystal's inclusion. it's likely, but anything could still happen.

Nominate Tom Nook X5

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
It's very likely that starfox will get another rep, and Krystal is a prime candidate for the next slot. She's the only starfox character that already offers possibilities for a moveset (as the rest will largely be made from scratch), and has become one of the key players in the series. There isn't really any reason not to add her IMO, and she has the best chances out of all the starfox characters to get in.

90%

Nominate: Takamaru (x5)

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I'd say about 72 % for Krystal. She's likely enough, being a major character in Star Fox of late, and she does fill in the lack of females in Brawl.

Nominations:

5x Deoxys

Pomfrod

Smash Apprentice
In response to Ferro's possible moveset--I meant Fox's B and B>, but my point still stands. Essentially, Krystal's staff powers as they appear in Adventures do not offer anything Smash has not seen before. I do admit, however, that the line between "innovative" and "unplayable" is a very fine one. Sakurai will have to make a decision based on what has worked before and how far he thinks he can stretch it.

The characters who seem to have self-writing movesets, like Krystal and Diddy, only appear that way to us Smash players because we see connections between Diddy in DK64 and moves from SSB and SSBM. If the developers think in such formulaic fashion, they will stifle the series. Not that Diddy shouldn't have the Peanut Popguns, but if the devs simply "insert projectile move here" for his B attack, then they have cheated us and themselves out of potential for some creativity. One must explore options rather than sit unquestioningly by.

Example--What if Krystal's B> caused her to hold the staff in front of her while it emits ice/fog, and as long as you hold the B button, Krystal can walk/run/jump as normal. If it left a trail of damaging ice-fog, it would be a great way to edgeguard or keep opponents away. Obviously, it would have to run out or ice-fog fairly quickly, and the run-out time and time for the trail to fade away would have to be balanced according to her other stats.

Long post, simple point. Don't take a moveset as a given if other possibilities/inspirations exist. Dig deep.

Can nominate again if we've already voted on the current character, as long as we haven't nominated today? If so, Andross x 5

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I vote 2 for Wolf (Star Fox series), 1 for Little Mac (Punchout! fools, don't mess with that small dude, he takes out godzilla height fighters daily!), and 1 for Deoxys (pokemon series), and 1 for Wart (super mario bros. 2)! (it'll probablly be updated later in the week possibly, or later today, it IS MO(NDAY!)

Krystal would be sweet, and I up my 87% chance of her being in BRAWl after reflecting on this to a 98.67% chance (i like odd #'s as last #'s, lol)! I also am almost sure Nintendo will have her in just because they need more female characters. When you add in her power in the series , being a recent member of Star Fox, and being Fox's love intrest you get the point. I also give Wolf a 78% chance, because he was (and may still be) one, if not the main villain in the Star Fox series. I also believe Peppy Hare has a chance (37%) even though he died....as well as James McCloud. Little Mac I give a 22%chance, just because Nintendo has a ton of classic characters to return to, and he will probablly be overlooked. Deoxys, though I am unfamiliar with most of the Pokemon series, has had quite a buzz of being a possible and probable BRAWL character. I give him (or it) a 70% (was gonna go # below it, but that seems....odd), just because I am somewat uncertain!, and will be more relevant and likely to accurately predict in the future when Nintendo gives us more information and edge on wat Deoxys' current possiblity is (probablly is a yes). As for Wart, he would be sweet as heck to play as if put in properly! The problem with Melee is that Bowser, Ganondorf, DK, and somewat Link were the only heavy powerhouses (Link me fav). Worst of with the powerhouses is the computers are awful with them, other than being decent, or somewat good with Ganondorf! Wart would be neat and odd, and is a easily reconizable characters. Plus he would be a challenge to fight. Wart would also be very odd to see how he turns out...he has a good chance of being in BRAWL (45%), but I would rather be Krystal or Sonic (Sega is dying, if they don't put Sonic in it, and have him be successful, popular, and cool in BRAWL (like all the rest), then his franicise, as well as the rest of Sega will heavily prosper! (I give Sonic a 99.99999% chance of being in BRAWL (no worrys ppl, he in it, lol...easily)...

JesterBox

Smash Ace
Yeah a Wii StarFox would be SO awesome! You guys played WarioWare Smooth Moves? Well if you completed 9 Volt's chapter you should know where I'm getting at.

I don't think they gave us 3 classic StarFox levels with unique controlls if they wheren't planning on using them later. However I'm not sure how the famous Barrel Roll would be implated, I think the controlls of WarioWare Smooth Moves' StarFox micro game are pretty daymn good.
HOOWAH THERE ARE STAFOX MICRO GAMES IN SMOOTH MOVES!?
Once I get a Wii...I must at least play that game!

Croco

Smash Lord
HOOWAH THERE ARE STAFOX MICRO GAMES IN SMOOTH MOVES!?
Once I get a Wii...I must at least play that game!
Too bad it doesn't last as long..
Only 3 levels.. that's it.
Would of been cool to see a Andross version of Wario.. but nope. :urg:

Nadji

Smash Cadet
Well I'd say its either out of Krystal or Wolf O'Donnell so I'd say a very generous 50%.

EDIT: Nom: Bomberman x 5

Tbacksha

Smash Apprentice
Well she is a girl, if that is what there looking for. 69%

Nominate Baby Bowser

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
People have a live you know? That's excatly the reason why this should be done by a lifeless but still sexy moderator. ;) What about changing it to a weekly poll Ferro? We can redo all the stuff since now we're more familair to the system And Diddy got low votes because of that...

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
People have a live you know? That's excatly the reason why this should be done by a lifeless but still sexy moderator. ;) What about changing it to a weekly poll Ferro? We can redo all the stuff since now we're more familair to the system And Diddy got low votes because of that...
NO, I have waited so long for some of these characters to be at the top of nominations, I'm tired of waiting for them!!!

y3nia659

Smash Ace
Krystal: 90%

She has a tough competition with Wolf, but I don't doubt the Starfox Series deserves two new characters at the least.

5 votes for Princess Daisy

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Man there so many good characters who would be neat....Megaman, Diddy Kong, Lanky Kong, DK Jr., Shadow Mario/Bowser Jr., Baby Bowser, Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, TWW Link, Skull Kid possessed by MM, Krystal, Wolf, Ganon, Blood Falcon, Wolf Link w/t Midna, Peppy, Toad, Toadette, Birdo, Wart, Baby Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, Crusha, Chunky Kong, feirce deoty link, Dixie Kong, Ridley, Deoxys, and many, many more!
Despite all that, I vote Princess Daisy 5x!:)

Top Bottom