• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances (of Returning) - Day 6 - Mewtwo

Stryks

Smash Hero
Lol I laugh at the guys that wanted happy mask salesman hahaha...

Stafy, I dont kow much about him, so I can give him a gigh or low rate, so I give him 50% chance...

nominates: Mach Rider X5

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Stafy is a very populair Japan only character, and could just as Fire Emblem be introduced to the West via SSB. And didn't Sakurai said he would add some new Japan-only characters?

I give him a 65% change of appearing.

Nominations:
Diddy / Dixie x5

Croco

Smash Lord
Stafy..
I don't care if he makes it in Brawl or not..
BUT..
It will probably happen.
He is very very popular in Japan.
Also Wario has even appeared in one of his games.
95% chance

Laughing Dog x5

Iggy K

Smash Ace
I give Stafy a 75% chance, he's extremley popular in Japan, and he has appeared in game released outside Japan (Mario and Luigi, Super Princess Peach), and he has unique moves from his own games, and him being in Brawl could finally get the series to be released outside Japan, and I think the only character that has as much games as him that hasen't been added yet is Diddy.

Nominate Bomberman x5.

parrothead

Smash Lord
Stafy is extremely popular, nearly as popular as Pikachu or Kirby. I guess he has more pros and cons, in my opinion.

85%

Nominate DeMille (Tomato Adventure) x3 and Alice (Balloon Kid) x2. Is this how you nominate?

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
As popular as he is, Sakurai has already stated that he's not gonna flood the game with Japan-only characters, and there are quite a few more that are more likely to make it in than Stafy.

40% chance.

Nominate Tom Nook x 5

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
STAFY!!! My second most-wanted character for Brawl!

I'd say 85%, because he's gaining popularity in Japan.

Nominations:
Captain Syrup x4
Krystal x1

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
The star gets an 80% chance he looks cool and would be interesting to play.

I nominate: Bowser Jr. (x5)

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
While it is true that Sakurai-san did say that he didn't want to include a significant number of Japanese-exclusive characters in SSBB, that does not rule them out by any means - and considering the significant amount of popularity that Stafy has generated in Japan, it is not outlandish at all to conclude that they may indeed pull of another "Fire Emblem" in order to expand the franchise's market. And if you have seen any of the Legend of Stafy gameply footage, you would see that the character would be easily transferred into the Super Smash Bros. build.

I say he has an 80% shot.

I nominate Richard (with or without Sablé) 5x.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
85%. If he ain't in I'm gonna cry......... or maybe just pick my next wanted character.

Nominating Balloon Fighter x5

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I give Diddy Kong a 99.5% chance of being in Brawl...he awsome and is a cool, unique character. I also give K Rool a 85%, and Dixie Kong a 30% chance. I'd also edit Bowser Jr. (/Shadow Mario) a 40% chance....overall there only 1 dk character (not good)...i also nominate Link and Midna, Megaman Zero, and Ganon (Tp version, or OOT version)! o ya

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
I give Diddy Kong a 99.5% chance of being in Brawl...he awsome and is a cool, unique character. I also give K Rool a 85%, and Dixie Kong a 30% chance. I'd also edit Bowser Jr. (/Shadow Mario) a 40% chance....overall there only 1 dk character (not good)...i also nominate Link and Midna, Megaman Zero, and Ganon (Tp version, or OOT version)! o ya
Dude... The votes for Diddy Kong were closed a while ago... Same with K. Rool and Bowser Jr., and I don't think Dixie was even up for voting yet, let alone nominated (as a solo character, anyway)...

Stryks

Smash Hero
not to mention u can only vote for one character per day (depending on the character that won the nomination that same day)

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
How hard is it to read the freakin' instructions?!?!?!

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Ninety-five percent chance Stafy is in the game in some form. As a character, fifty percent. If The Studio is who I think it is, ninety-nine point nine percent...so just use fifty percent for me.

I'm just gonna forget what Mister Sakurai said about Japanese characters 'cause I couldn't live with excluding all those awesome characters on those grounds alone. :/

Three for Takamaru and two for Crono.

Tbacksha

Smash Apprentice
65% Stafy dose have a problem, but on those grounds alone I doubt he would be excluded.

Nominate: Baby Bowser

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
20% chance. The creator himself said he would not put in Japanese characters that the other world does not know about. Well a portion of the other world anyway.

Nominations - Gex(x5)

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I think a few people are taking this 'no japan-only' characters the wrong way. While Sakurai does want to refrain from adding japan-only characters, he'll probably add one if they are very popular in Japan and believes they'll become hits around the world like FE did. So don't rule them out completely.

Stafy is supposedly huge in Japan if what I've heard is right, so he seems quite possible in brawl. He seems quite likely, and looks like he'd be an interesting character.

He gets 75%

Nominate: Krystal (x3) Ouendan/EBA (x2)

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I'll give Stafy a 63 %. He's original and interesting.

Nominations:

3x Captain Syrup
2x Zant

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
I don't think Stafy's chances are that good, considering that most people don't even know who the character is.

What I think Stafy's chances of getting in are: 10%

I nominate:
Andross (5)

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
So what he well known in japan and most people here barely knew Pit (me as one of them). Then after seeing him they now saying he looks cool and wants him as thir main. So what if he adds one character from japan he did it for Fire emblem. He is very uniique and can't be cloned because he is a star and in this form he can provide a unique moveset. So what if you don't know one character doesn't mean they shouldn't be in at all.

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
I think being largely unknown in the States severely hurts his chances, and there are many higher-priority characters to get in. Also, stars are themes in so many other games, that I think it might get old. I know he's a starfish, but he really looks like a star-shaped kirby. And Kirby has a lot of stars in his games. And from wat I've been able to gather, he acts a lot like Kirby. I know it's a kind of weird argument, but I think we're going to want variety in visual styles and character types.

Being included in Brawl could be used to give him a comeback, but I think a comeback's more likely to stem from a handheld. I'd give him a 15%. However, he would be a prime candidate for a potential smash four if that handheld comeback happens, and he'd be a fun item if he made you spin in place wherever you happened to be and it had 5-7 charges. Be a living bumper!

I nominate Miix5

Top Bottom