• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances (of Returning) - Day 6 - Mewtwo

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
I dislike Toad. He is a move for Peach. That means she has to get a new move first. Then we should think about a moveset. I have no idea what a mushroom can do. I give him 50%.

Samurai Goroh 5x

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
BAH, I give Toad a 30%.
I don't feel the game would really need him to pull a crowd.

Wow, this thread is much more interesting than it first appeared to be. Yum.

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
Toad, hmmmm... he is one of my favorite characters I use him as my main in Mario Kart and Mario Party. If the smash team can make him not suck then and still stay in tune with his personality. Then I would like him and besides I think Toadworth should take Toads place he is more of the protective of peach.

Toad: 68% chance

I nominate: Bowser Jr. (x5)

Sensai

Smash Master
Toad gets a 50% chance from me.

Why? 'Cause he's been in most everything else that has Mario in it. Mario's the biggest thing Nintendo's got, so they're more likely to throw in a bunch of Mario characters...including Toad. It'll only be a matter of time before he gets thrown in a Smash game...

Croco

Smash Lord
If they pull off the larger toad from SMB2.. then I would think it would work.
But the other toads/guards? not really.

Toad gets a a 70% chance.

Nomination- Laughing Dog x5

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I don't think they'll milk the Mario series for it's lame, generic characters until everything else is in and they want a(nother) joke or filler character. Ten percent.

Three for Takamaru and two for Crono.

digifreak642

Smash Journeyman
Gah, where are all the Toad fans?

90%. Peach's B-move could be changed to Toadsworth or her umbrella. Toad is a staple of the Mario series. Toad can def. fight; he was the strongest in SMB2. There are many moves that could be used in his moveset, including throwing stars, 'Suprise' from SMB3, and something from Wario's Woods. Toad may not seem like a fighter at first, but deep within him is a hidden fighter...

Nominate Balloon Fighter x5.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Gah, where are all the Toad fans?

90%. Peach's B-move could be changed to Toadsworth or her umbrella. Toad is a staple of the Mario series. Toad can def. fight; he was the strongest in SMB2. There are many moves that could be used in his moveset, including throwing stars, 'Suprise' from SMB3, and something from Wario's Woods. Toad may not seem like a fighter at first, but deep within him is a hidden fighter...

Nominate Balloon Fighter x5.
Toad fans? Try here:

http://www.toadscastle.net

Also, I say Toad's got an 80% chance of being in, since he was voted as likely as Wario in the Nintendo Power polls.

Nominations:
Stafy x5

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
I know I'm gonna catch some flak for this, but I put Toad at having a 99% chance at appearing. He's the last of the major Mario characters to make an appearance (anybody who says Bowser Jr. or Waluigi is just deluding themselves), and he's definatley one of the most popular. On top of that, there's still that cryptic message Sakurai left on the Toukoken that leads me to beleive that Toad is in fact in the game already.

I nominate Ouendan x3 and Tingle x2.

Stryks

Smash Hero
^^^
Agree Toad if f'king popular, and deserves the shot way more than other mario characters *looks at waluigi*, so I give him 90%...

nominates Mach rider X5

Iggy K

Smash Ace
While he's one of my favourites, and he is the most important and popular Mario character that hasn't been added yet, there is a small chance they might not add more Mario characters, 80%.

Nominate Stafy x3, Bomberman x2.

Classic-Black

Smash Journeyman
While I'm not big on the 'shroom, he is fairly recognizable from the mario franchise. 60%

nominations
Pheonix Wright (4)
Dr. Stiles (1)
**those are two different people, it looks like you merged them together in the first post**

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
I'll admit the 'Shroom has lost some popularity, but he is one of the most recognisable from the series, and being a supporting character in many of the games could make a decent moveset ( hey, they did it for Falcon!! ). 70%

Balloon Fighter x5 (Hey digifreak stole my idea!)

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Well... Toad is certainly the ONLY additional Mario character that really deserves a spot in SSBB, I mean being the only remaining series veteran not yet featured in a Smash Bros. game. He faces quite a bit of competition though (not really serious, but completion nonetheless), so I'd say his chances fall somewhere around 75%.

I nominate Mike Jones 5x.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
i dont think toad has a good chance at all, he has always been that sort of helper/guide character...the only games that he has been actually playable in are those games that have many completely random characters also playable (ex. koopa troopas, boos, even petey pirahna!)...so unless they start including characters like that (which would disappoint me greatly because of all the other much better possibilities out there...), he has a very small chance. 15% (i feel im being generous...)

nominees...happy mask salesman x5 (note im only picking him because all the chars i think that have a real chance of making it in have already been done...)

Icy_Eagle

Smash Journeyman
I'll be nice and give him 50% because although he doesn´t look like a fighter, they can always come up with something from the games he´s in. But still, I can't see him in brawl, probably because of his "mario, please save peach" role and often being just generic character.

nominate Lip x3 & Bomberman x2

Nadji

Smash Cadet
30% an outside chance i'd say. Can't really see him with a good moveset though.

Noms: Bomberman x 5

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
I dont see Toad getting in at all. His movesets is going to be a pain in the butt. What is his b smash going to be, giving the other opponent advice???? His just the the character I would wish to see in Brawl and I hope the creators think so as well. So I give him a 28%

Nominations - Gex(x5)

Wrath`

Smash Master
^^^
Agree Toad if f'king popular, and deserves the shot way more than other mario characters *looks at waluigi*, so I give him 90%...

nominates Mach rider X5
*looks at gun wich is pointed at strkys*

Toad has no legs,And ever character has legs

Waluigi is your man

Komayto

Smash Apprentice
Toad has no legs,And ever character has legs
Yeah, no. Toad obviously has legs.

If those aren't legs then I guess Kirby doesn't have legs either.

Er, anyway, it looks like pretty much everything I wanted to say has been stated before so I'll rather not repeat it.
66%
Deserving, but never really all that major. Nintendo also hasn't done much with him lately.
Yeah, I'll try to be more in-depth next time.

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
Toad 70%. In ssbm, Peach's turnips and floating were based on Super Mario Bros 2. In this game Toad was also a playable character. In other games he was not that popular, unfortunately, he's just a citizen of the Mushroom Kingdom.

Nominations: Black Knight x2, Bowser Jr. x1, Rayman x2

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Awesome! Toad. Anybody who actively doesn't want Toad has no soul.

I give him 90% odds, since he's really the only new Mario character I can realistically see getting in.

Nominations:
Little Mac x 5

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I'm givin Toad only a 20 percent of a chance to make it onto the Brawl roster. He should just stick to being one of Peach's counters.

digifreak642

Smash Journeyman
i dont think toad has a good chance at all, he has always been that sort of helper/guide character...the only games that he has been actually playable in are those games that have many completely random characters also playable (ex. koopa troopas, boos, even petey pirahna!)...so unless they start including characters like that (which would disappoint me greatly because of all the other much better possibilities out there...), he has a very small chance. 15% (i feel im being generous...)

nominees...happy mask salesman x5 (note im only picking him because all the chars i think that have a real chance of making it in have already been done...)

Toad was playable in SMB2, and the only other playable characters were Peach, Luigi, and of course Mario. Those don't seem like 'completely random characters.' He also starred in Wario's Woods. Plus, in the N64 Mario Partys, he was the host, a unique part of the game.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Toad's a tricky one. IMO, they have pretty much the most key characters of the Mario franchise already, and while Toad is quite major, I'm not sure if he's essential to rep the Mario franchise. His popularity also seems to have dropped since melee and hasn't been used as much by Nintendo recently. I can see him in the game and working great, so that's not a problem, and is really the next logical choice or a Mario character. He just doesn't strike me as being that likely, and may jst remain as Peach's counter.

I'll give him 60%, as really, he's the next in line for a Mario rep.

Nominate: Krystal (x5)

splat

Smash Lord
Despite the fact that I pretty like Toad, I think his chances are pretty slim. He hardly has arms, so the general attacks would be hard to come up with. Also, eventhough he is one of the big Mario characters, he didn't have a big role lately. The only games he played in are the Mario sports games, and he acted as some kind of cameo in Sunshine. I would like to see him in the game, but I think he'd just be unable, because of his figure. To add, he doesn't have anything to wield (like Bowser jr., who has his staff).
Overall, I'd give him a measly 40% :(

Nominate: Pianta (x5)

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
I know I'm gonna catch some flak for this, but I put Toad at having a 99% chance at appearing. He's the last of the major Mario characters to make an appearance (anybody who says Bowser Jr. or Waluigi is just deluding themselves), and he's definatley one of the most popular. On top of that, there's still that cryptic message Sakurai left on the Toukoken that leads me to beleive that Toad is in fact in the game already.

I nominate Ouendan x3 and Tingle x2.
I agree with the Waluigi comment but comon Bowser Jr. with the paint brush would a very unique fighting style. And a two on two battle combination (Mario and Luigi vs Bowser and Bowser Jr.) Bowser Jr. can fit in well in Brawl.

Sorry for saying this.

Bowser Jr. is way more deseving than Tingle. (I know this comment will not change your mind on tingle niether will yours on Bowser Jr.)

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Toad is my favorite! :) No one knows how wonderful I would feel to play as Toad in Smash - finally.

I would give Toad an 80%. Very likely, as he's really the only "main" Mario character left. I'm holding back on 20% just because there's always that chance that Nintendo will find a way to crush my dreams.

Elite Beat Agents x 2
Phoenix Wright x 2
Mike Jones (StarTropics) x 1

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
What would he do, throw masks? Come on, we have better people out there. Skull Kid, Midna, Vaati and even Ralph! 15%.

Samurai Goroh 5x

Top Bottom