• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances (of Returning) - Day 6 - Mewtwo

Wrath`

Smash Master
]Minda,popular ann cool,but her true form or first met here form can make all the diffrence in move cappabilitys and such.60%

Blaze(5)

Classic-Black

Smash Journeyman
Midna's pretty popular from TP, and TP is one of th4e best outings yet. Plus they can either use her non-imp form, or couple up the Imp form with Wolf Link. It should be interesting I'd say a solid 75%

Nominations go to Pheonix Wright (3) and Dr. Stiles (2)

Falling Whistness

Smash Apprentice
I think Midna will almost certainly be in the game. I give her a 98%

I nominate Little Mac (x3)
Simon Belmont (x2)

Stryks

Smash Hero
Midna has become way popular since TP came out, she had a huge role in the game, bigger than zeldas and ganondorfs, besides shes way cooler than an annoying fairy, i give her a wopping 85% chance...

Nominates mach rider X5...

Sensai

Smash Master
Bye Ferro!

I'm not sure about Midna's chances, honestly. Some might say that she needs Wolf Link to ride on, but that's not necessarily true, as Falcon doesn't have a car, Fox an Arwing, etc, and on top of that, Midna has SPOILER
that ability to become a big fookin' beast later on in the game. Maybe she could also transform into her Twili self, a la Zelda/Sheik?
/SPOILER

On the other end of the spectrum, however, I just don't see them adding in another Zelda character, especially if they're going to split up Zelda/Sheik.

I also really like Impa, from OoT..../sigh. So many Zelda characters that will go unnoticed.

40%. I nominate, for King K. Rool, Happy Mask Salesman. Just 'cause I'm feeling Zeldaish today.

[Edit:]

People! Some people here have not beaten the game. Spoiler tags, friends. In the 4 posts above me, I've read about the end like...2 times.

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
MIdna played a important role in the game and has lots a power to her name. She doesn't fight to much just helping wolf link fight and all. Brawl could help her develop a better fanbase and a chance for her to get some cool moves to show off. Midna gets a 88% chance of appearing in brawl.

I nominate- Bowser Jr. (x5) (he has to get up there).

NOMINATE BOWSER JR.

Croco

Smash Lord
Midna?
95% chance.
Especially if she is solo.
but..
She has to be in her final non-cursed form at the end of Twilight Princess
I could see her in Brawl.. her moves and attacks could be created and work well with smash brothers gameplay. :grin:

I nominate Gex x5

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Midna's pretty awesome and popular. I loved her character and everything about. For contextual, sentimental reason I almost don't want her to be in SSBB...but she could very well be. I give her fifty percent.

I'll give the usual three votes for Takamaru and two votes for Crono.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Hmm... Midna...
Pros:
Popular character
Good personality
Represents latest Zelda game
Cons:
Only been in one game
Others characters may be more deserving (Vaati)

So I say... 60%.

Nominate Toad x5.
Agreed. Vaati is way more deserving than Midna.

Vaati > Midna

Lets see....I'll give Midna a 35 percent chance of appearing on Brawl. He might make it to Brawl, but definately not as a playable character. Maybe he'll sell hot dogs or something on the Pokemon Stadium stage or something.

I nominate Vaati!

Stryks

Smash Hero
Just because midna has only one appearance doesnt mean her chances are low, sheik made it in melee didnt she? same with ganondorf (GANON appeared in the old zelda games, not ganonDORF), so Using the "has only one appearance" exucse for a con wont work XD...

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Just because midna has only one appearance doesnt mean her chances are low, sheik made it in melee didnt she? same with ganondorf (GANON appeared in the old zelda games, not ganonDORF), so Using the "has only one appearance" exucse for a con wont work XD...
True, but c'mon Stryks. She doesn't look like combatant material. Midna just looks like a support character for Link. Nothin more.

Stryks

Smash Hero
@Shade:

Does kirby really look like a fighter? how about GaW? just because the character doesnt look like a fighter doesnt mean he/she/it cant be in brawl...

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
I'll give Midna a 75% chance. She's one of the most popular characters in Zelda history, and she could be very unique as a character (at this point I don't even care if it's wolfback or not). There's only one person standing in her way of being a sure thing: Tingle.

Nominating Toad x 5.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
@Shade:

Does kirby really look like a fighter? how about GaW? just because the character doesnt look like a fighter doesnt mean he/she/it cant be in brawl...
This is also true. This can't be helped. The only reason Kirby made it in at all is because of his cuteness and his ridiculous popularity. Not to mention that Sakurai made Kirby.

I have no idea how Game & Watch made it in. He's Melee's WTF character.

If there are alot of character spots in Brawl then I don't care if Midna makes it onto the roster. If there are barely any vacant character spots in Brawl then heck no, I don't want Midna to make it in.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Minda?!

...At first I was all "WTF?!" But then I thought about it, and said, "I suppose it could happen..."

70%

Nominations:
Stafy x5

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Hmm... Midna...
Pros:
Popular character
Good personality
Represents latest Zelda game
Cons:
Only been in one game
Others characters may be more deserving (Vaati)

So I say... 60%.

Nominate Toad x5.
Well, the Ice Climbers were only in one game, yet the made it into Melee.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
80% She is from the new Zelda game, and seems to be popular, and has personality.

Nominations
X5 Skull Kid

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
Midna is the best thing to happen to the Zelda series since OOT! Her personality and character development won her over with fans in TP, ans her massive amount of Twili powers could make her a very dangerous fighter. She's recent to boot.

Plus, can anyone say "transformation?"

85%

Nominates:
Krystal X3
Jeff (Earthbound) X2

Iggy K

Smash Ace
I can't see Midna on her own being in Brawl, if it was her with Wolf Link I would have given her a much higher chance, 20%.

Nominate Stafy x3, Bomberman x2.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Midna's only real gameplay fault would be her movement (I suppose she hovers like Mewtwo), otherwise I'd welcome her to Brawl!! 75%

Nominating Stafy x5

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
Midna would be a great addition and all Wii owners would know her very well cause pracitally everyone who owns a Wii owns TP. So I give Midna a 70& chance.

Nominations - Gex(x5)

Icy_Eagle

Smash Journeyman
I'll give her 70%. I really want her in but
whether it would be with/without wolf link or her true form
i don't know which is most likely.
And being in only one game isn't problem if it wasn't problem for sheik or ice climbers

Lip (panel de pon)x5

(can I nominate again sometime?)

Komayto

Smash Apprentice
Ah, I'm going to start rating the chances too. It looks fun.

Well, Midna is a popular character and THE central character of the latest "big" Zelda game's story.

I'd say she has a considerable chance, especially seeing that there are not all that many Zelda characters who have a chance.
Let's see, I see it like this: her competition comes mainly from Vaati and Tingle.
Tingle could have an amazing chance if it weren't for the fact that he's widely hated outside of Japan. Poor guy.
And about Vaati, I don't really know. Nintendo doesn't really seem to care about him, hence them making Vaati just a lesser Ganon with fangirl-attracting hair so he'd be the villain for a sub-series that wouldn't have much to do with the main timeline. Whoosh, long sentence.

My point is, the competition for a new Zelda character spot is not really intense enough to say she doesn't have a considerable chance.
Also I'd say that since Link, Zelda and Ganondorf will look like their TP forms (I'm assuming here, but it wouldn't make much sense otherwise), it would feel kinda empty without the story's central character in there. After all, we did get Sheik, who did nothing but play songs, throw Deku Nuts and get herself beaten up by Bongo Bongo, so...

Eh, I'll give her a 70%.

I nominate no one. I'm just here to rate the chances of whoever comes up.

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
You can see Midna almost as often as Link in TP. This wasn't the case with Zelda, Ganondorf and Sheik in the other games. So Midna is nearly as important as Link in my opinion. It doesn't matter if she fits in well, they made something up for Zelda too.

Midna 95%

Rayman x2, Black Knight x2, Meowth x1.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Well, I like Midna her personality. But I don't know how well she would do in Brawl. I mean, she is supposed
to sit on Wolf Link
and I have no clue if she
would work without him
. I give her 85% because the programmers probally can make up a massive moveset for this sexy lady.

Samurai Goroh 5x.

Pure of Heart

Smash Journeyman
Toad has probably a 50% chance, he WAS in SSBM, but wasn't a playable character. (Mushroom Kingdom, Adventure Mode, he ws in the background when you fought the Yoshis.)

Nominate Black Knight X5

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
5 %? Oh, come on!

Toad may not be assured, but he's the last character remaining of the big 8 of the Mario universe. He's also appeared in just about every Mario game to date. The only strike against him is that, "He doesn't look like a fighter." Eesh.

Toad's Chances: 68 %

Nomination:

4x Happy Mask Salesman
1x Stafy

RVD_fan

Smash Ace
It was only a matter of time. As much as I don't like Toad as a fighter (as a char I don't mind him) I can't deny his claim to a spot in brawl. I gotta go 50%, cause it could easily go either way.

I nominate Bowser jr. x 5

Top Bottom