• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances (of Returning) - Day 6 - Mewtwo

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Within forty-six days, the games sold three million units, becoming the fastest DS game to do so, and by the end of the year, the number increased to five million units in just under three months.
WHOA!! It must be pretty awesome, or a less the fact that it's the latest "original-style" Pokemon game.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
WHOA!! It must be pretty awesome, or a less the fact that it's the latest "original-style" Pokemon game.
Original Style? Half the pokmon look like ripoffs of the rest, the rest are evos of old ones, they are reusing GSC Daylight effects etc
The only new feature is partial 3D landscapes....

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
Original Style? Half the pokmon look like ripoffs of the rest, the rest are evos of old ones, they are reusing GSC Daylight effects etc
That's the only feature?

Your forgetting online play where you can trade and battle other trainer's also talk to the other people using the ds mic. heres proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFlljmWdkJQ&mode=related&search=
You can download your other pokemon from the other gameboy advance games And a better more interactive Pokemon contests. Also you will be able to download your pokemon to the Wii. So don't just say that the 3D lanscape is the only new feature

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I mean, there are soooooooo many Pokemon spin-off (Pokemon Stadium, Colloseum, Pinball, Dash, etc.), and these game, Pokemon Diamond and Peal, are the latest to have the original style of Pokemon, a trainer collecting Pokemon and training to be a Pokemon Master.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Your forgetting online play where you can trade and battle other trainer's also talk to the other people using the ds mic. heres proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFlljmWdkJQ&mode=related&search=
You can download your other pokemon from the other gameboy advance games And a better more interactive Pokemon contests. Also you will be able to download your pokemon to the Wii. So don't just say that the 3D lanscape is the only new feature
Oh yeah, how did I forget!? Still, Lucario and all 4th gens have the lowest chance of appearing playable.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
80% I think he has the highest chance out of all the pokemon (up their with meowth)

Nominations...
X3 Skull kid
X2 Happy Mask Salesman

Ferro I don't think I will use those extra points.

Tbacksha

Smash Apprentice
58%.
Pokemon has enough representation, it will have more and I’m not against that, but probably only one maybe two more character slots. Many other good Pokemon are competing for that slot, so all things considered I wouldn’t say his chances are high.

Nominate: Pong Paddle

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
Lucario seems likely of getting in, especially after the Pokemon movie with him. After all, having a movie for the character helps their chances a lot. For instance, it helped Mewtwo get into Super Smash Bros. Melee.

What I think Lucario's chances of getting in are: 85%

I nominate:
Andross (5)

kaid

Smash Master
90%. His only competition comes, not from Blaze or Deoxys, but Gardevor, Erlade, and that 4th gen bunny pokemon, who are the most popular Japaneese pokemon.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Funny, Kaid, I expected half a page about Lucario from you. Gardevoir is popular outside Japan too if you didn't know....

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Good point, although it's going to take a lot of effort to put so many 3rd and 4th gens Pokeball Pkmn in Brawl, especially now that there are so many legendaries.

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
Luciero is a good bet IF and only if they're bringing in more pokemon.

Therefore, he shall recieve an even 50%

Nominates (once again)
Midna X3 (do her already!)
Krystal X2

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
Lucario would be cool for Brawl IMO and I think they will bring in another pokemon for sure. Ill give him a 75% chance for Brawl.

Nominations - Gex(x5)

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Lucario is, I think, the most likely Pokemon to make it into Brawl. Of course there are going to be new Pokemon; let's not kid ourselves, it's one of Nintendo's biggest franchises. Lucario is probably the most recognizable Pokemon of the 4th generation, he fits in perfectly, he has his own movie, which DOES matter, and he seems like he's going to be an icon of the 4th gen for years to come (see kaid's Lucario thread for more about that). He's very likely, IMO.

Lucario's Chances: 82 %

Nominations:

3x Midna
2x Happy Mask Salesman (Has Gamefaqs done this guy?)

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
I have played several Pokemon games but I don't know Lucario, however I do know that he is one of the most popular pokemon for brawl, and I think theres a very high chance that at least 1 extra pokemon will be in brawl, so

Lucario 85%

Nominations: Baby Mario x5

Assunder

Smash Rookie
I give Lucarioa 45% chance of being in Brawl.

Nominations

Toad x3
Peppy Hare x1
Slippy Toad x1

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Pokemon is yet another franchise I am utterly unfamiliar with, but I do know that this guy is getting really huge in popularity. Just take a look at the Lucario thread to see what I mean. This guy's got more merch with his face on it than 50 Cent. Most definately if we're getting any pokemon, he'll be one of them. I give Lucario a 90% chance.

Nominating Toad times five.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I think the 4th gen pokemon will appear in brawl one way or another, though whether that's as a character addition is debatable. However, Lucario has a lot of popularity even outside japan where the D&P games haven't been released yet. He'd easily be a unique character and there's a good chance of pokemon getting another rep (or pichu getting replaced), so Lucrio is a very likely addition, possibly the most likely pokemon addition.

He gets 85%

Nominate: Krystal (x3) and Midna (x2)

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
I give Lucario a 95% chance, I see it as the most likely newcomer character to be in it that hasn't been confirmed that I know of.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
95%. He will get in I think. Look at his looks, he really looks like a brawler! Being a fighting and steel type, he has a lot of possibilities for a moveset. He also is the most populair 4th generation Pokémon right now. And because the 4th generation has just started... I think he really will be in Brawl.

EDIT: Nominate Samurai Goroh 5x

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Lucario and Deoxys are really the ONLY Pokemon I can really see being added to SSBB (sorry Blaziken fans...). However, Lacario has a significant advantage over Deoxys being the powerhouse Pokemon of the upcoming release of Pokemon Diamond/Pearl and may be included for promotional purposes. Plus the fact that he is a Fighting / Steel type, he seems to me the most ideal fit for SSBB in the Pokemon universe, being a Fighting type Pokemon and having significant popularity (unlike other Fighting types like Hitmonlee) to boot. For those reasons, I'm inclined to give Lucario an 80% chance of appearing in SSBB.

I nominate Mike Jones 5x.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Hmmm... Midna...

Well, on the one hand, Midna seems to have already amassed legions of fans; she's one of the two main characters of the most successful Wii game to date; and she'd bring an interesting new angle to Smash. On the other, she's had only one game and it'd be strange if she had any more; and Zelda has lots of candidates fighting for those precious slots. Overall, though, Midna has a perfectly good chance, IMO.

Midna's Chances: 53 %

Nominations:

4x Happy Mask Salesman (we're THIS close to having a vote on such a random character. Why not?)
1x Stafy

Top Bottom