• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances (of Returning) - Day 6 - Mewtwo

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I'm giving Captain Olimar at 33% chance of being in Brawl. Sorry, I'm not a Pikmin fan at all. Besides, I think Captain Falcon would object to it seeing how the Smash world isn't big enough for 2 Captain's lol!

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Captain Olimar... I'd say he has about a 50% shot. While Pikmin is a great GameCube era franchise, feel that Sakurai-san is going to place more emphasis on the NES, SNES, and N64 era franchises, along with more representation from the handhelds.

I nominate Mach Rider 3x and Tin Star 2x.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Megaman is one of the most likely candidates for a 3rd party addition, but it does depend on Capcom to get him in. They are on good terms with Nintendo though, and I'd think they'd have enough sense to get talking to Sakurai early for a chance to get him in. He's also a highly versatile character (anyone who says he'll be a Samus clone is, quite frankly, crazy), so I' sure Sakurai would enjoy making a moveset for him. No 3rd party character is definite, but Megaman has a very good chance.

I give him 75%.

Nominate: Isaac (x2), Lucario (x2) and Krystal (x1)

RVD_fan

Smash Ace
Megaman is definatley a favorite for a third party spot. Sakurai likes retro characters and Megaman has been a round for a very very long time. He also has several new games out, so his popularity is stll high. The only thing against him is that, like Ferre de Loup said, with so few 3rd prty spots, someone else could easily steal his place.

69%

Nominations: Waluigix5

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Megaman's more than likely to come in with Sonic and Snake as the third party characters, but, juts the fact that he isn't Nintendo limits his chances by quite a bit. I can't in all good conscience give a third party character (besides Sonic, who's juuust about guaranteed)more than, oh, say....

Megaman's Chances: 71 %

Nominations:

3x Waluigi (now that he's already this close to winning, I may as well give him a boost. It'll be interesting to see how an unpopular and unlikely character is rated)
2x Midna

RVD_fan

Smash Ace
Megaman's more than likely to come in with Sonic and Snake as the third party characters, but, juts the fact that he isn't Nintendo limits his chances by quite a bit. I can't in all good conscience give a third party character (besides Sonic, who's juuust about guaranteed)more than, oh, say....

Megaman's Chances: 71 %

Nominations:

3x Waluigi (now that he's already this close to winning, I may as well give him a boost. It'll be interesting to see how an unpopular and unlikely character is rated)
2x Midna
I'll be arguing with that when its Waluigi's turn

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
80%? o_O;

Okay, my turn:

I think Megaman's changes really aren't that high. He's had mayor redesigns over the years, but I wouldn't say it was for the best. Whatever other reasons, I think Sakurai wouldn't pick Megaman out of all the 3rd party characters which he can choose from... Or maybe he perhaps doesn't want any more of them?? I personally think only one 3rd party character should be seriously considered and that's Sonic.

I give him a 5% of appearing.

Nominations:
Isaac x5

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
99% for megaman (hopefuly the original) I am sure we will see megaman in brawl he is part
of nintendos past and present...

Nominations
X4 Happy Mask Salesman
X1 Skull kid

Croco

Smash Lord
Mega man?
90% chance.
Why? Well..
Most of the Mega Man games have appeared on Nintendo systems and handhelds..
From the classic Mega Man on the NES to Mega Man Star Force on the DS.
He's been on pretty much nearly all Nintendo systems and handhelds.
As a character in Brawl his move set would be awesome and can work.
So I don't have much doubt why Mega Man couldn't make in as a 3rd party character.

I nominate- Dr. Wright x3 and Laughing Dog x2

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I give Mega Man 85%. He's just that big of name and considered one of the givens when thinking of NES and SNES.

I give three to Takamaru and two to Isaac.

Dotcom

Smash Lord
If Megaman does get in it shall be a good move for both companies. Nintendo and Capcom fans will flock to get the game. Also if there is any bad blood between Nintendo and Capcom, this will probably smooth it all over. Hopefully if he is included he will have his origional form the one he had when his first game was on the NES.
85.6%

X5 Hector.

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
Megaman? I don't get why people think Megaman has such a great chance of making it in...He would fit pretty well, but he just doesn't seem like a character they would even care about adding. Plus, he would be sort of similar to Samus in my opinion.

What I think Megaman's chances are of making it in: 20%

I nominate:
Andross (5)

Njs523

Smash Cadet
88% I'd say; Megaman is very likely to be in the game considering all the games for the super nintendo, GBA (like 4000 battle network games), DS, etc.

I definitely think it would be cool if Zero were included as well but that is doubtful. I think a cool way to incorporate him would be to give megaman a Down+B to teleport out and have Zero teleport in (you could tagteam with them in some games, if I remember correctly). That way it could be a zelda-ish move and the ranged attacks of megaman would complement the sword attacks of zero nicely.
Sorry if that's a little off topic, but they would both have easily viable movesets.

Might as well do this: Nominate Zero (x5)

Sensai

Smash Master
Now, are we talking Megaman, or X? There's a huge difference...

But, for the sake of the thread, I'll avoid that conversation. I think it's far more likely we see a pixilated (or somehow retro) version of Megaman than X. That being said, I'm not really sure how likely any of it is at all, due to the fact that Capcom isn't a huge proponent of Nintendo, Megaman has fallen out of taste, and Capcom has many more symbols now then they did back then.

I give him about a 30% chance in Brawl, but I think I'm being too generous.

And alright Croco. Here it is. Dog, from Duck Hunt, all 5 of those votes.

And BTW, I just noticed your banner challenge Lupe. I'm terrible at photoshop though, so I can't do much...

Stryks

Smash Hero
Xianfeng cmon his chances are way higher than that, I give megaman (classic) a well deserved 85% chance...

nominates:
Mach rider X5

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Mega Man gets a 88%, the only third party I can see getting in front of him is Sonic. Nominate Toad x5.

Top Bottom