• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances (of Returning) - Day 6 - Mewtwo

Justin

Smash Apprentice
57% chance for K. Rool. There would be nothing wrong with having Diddy and K. Rool in SSBB, but I'm not sure. I wish the creators would just give us a rough guess on how many characters they are going to have in the final version.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
I'm only giving Rool a 10% chance. I know everybody thinks that it would be 'so kewl! ^_^" but realisticly, you have to realize that there is very, very little room for Rool to make an appearance. If the DK franchise gets any more characters, it'll probably be Diddy or at most a team of Diddy and Dixie. Rool just doesn't have very good chances.

And before you start, no DK does not need a villain. Don't even say it.

I nominate:

Balloon Fighter x 2
Tingle x 2
Ouendan X1

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
I'm only giving Rool a 10% chance. I know everybody thinks that it would be 'so kewl! ^_^" but realisticly, you have to realize that there is very, very little room for Rool to make an appearance. If the DK franchise gets any more characters, it'll probably be Diddy or at most a team of Diddy and Dixie. Rool just doesn't have very good chances.
So you're saying they're probably going to only add one character to the Donkey Kong franchise? Look at how many character the Mario franchise has in Melee, as well as the Zelda franchise. Just think, there are going to be even more characters from each of those franchises in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I highly doubt they will not include more than one Donkey Kong character. Donkey Kong is a huge license, and deserves better. Even if it's only two characters, that's fine, but I'm guessing if they add two characters to the Donkey Kong franchise, it's going to be Diddy Kong and King K. Rool. Why? They all took part in the same game together; Donkey Kong Country. I'm pretty sure that was the first game Diddy Kong was in, as well as King K. Rool's. I'm betting if they add Diddy Kong, they will also include King K. Rool. Just think, if they if did that, you would be able to team up with Diddy Kong, as Donkey Kong, and fight King K. Rool, just like in Donkey Kong Country :D. I think having the main villains from every major franchise in the game will also help the new story mode that the developers were talking about.

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
I give him a 30% chance. he really doesn't pop up in any new games anymore put so did pit and got in. King Rool is not to popular now in my opinion.

I nominate: Lucario and Sonic(x4)

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Hooray for King K. Rool!

My name aside, I'd say the King has fairly decent chances. He's DK's only true villain, and he's fairly recognizable. He'd probably be the natural choice, after Diddy, for a new addition from DK. On the other hand, few people seem to feel strongly about him, and his support is rather underwhelming. Still, I think he has a fair chance.

King K. Rool's Chances: 52 %

Nominations:

4x Midna
1x Lucario

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
90% is very optimistic dude...

K.Rool, however I really would like to see him, I think his changes are rather slim. Sure he'd be an awesome DK representitive, but even I as a hardcore DKC fan think only Diddy would be enough. K.Rool though, is the second character that should be added if DK would have need of another rep, which is rather unlikely.

He got mentoined on Sakurai's Poll, so it's not that Sakurai totally forgot about him. However, since Nintendo themselfs just refuse to use the character I don't think we'll see him in Brawl...

I still give him a 20% though.

Nominations:
Skull Kid x5

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
*Glares at Diddy.*

*Decides to put a warning up before he figures the stats from now on.*

Front pages (re)updated.

Day 8 starts now.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Capt. Olimar. I'm going to give 55%. Nintendo Power said he has a decent chance and he's pretty unique and cultily loved so maybe it's not that out there of an idea.

I'll nominate the same as always. Three for Takamaru and two for Isaac, if only to hear Mr. Harrington say, "This game's winner is...ROBIN." Amongst other things.

whitekirby

Smash Cadet
Finally it's Olimar's turn, he is my #1 choice for Brawl. He could be very unique with ultimate pikmin based move set. Can you imagine it Snake runs in with a gun then gets trampled by a herd of pikmin. He's got two games out so he's pretty important and I think is more well known than Zamus and she got in. But even he's #1 I'll have to give him a 60% chance.
I nominate uhhh Dragonite x5

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I give him a 65% chance.

He could very easily be one of the most unique fighters of the entire roster. He is also one of the few characters left that that just says 'Nintendo' all over him. Also, Sakurai enjoys the odd ball, creative characters and Olimar has to be one of the best out there.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I'd say he has a pretty good chance of getting brawl, considering how successful Pikmin was. He'd definitely have a very interesting moveset, though he strikes me as a somewhat handicap character to an extent. But he oozes origionality and I'm sure Sakurai would love to make a moveset for him. The only reason he may not be included is if other franchises beat him out, or if Sakurai decides that Pikmin doesn't need a character rep and just uses the Pikmin as items.

So Olimar gets a 70%

Nominate: Lucario (x3) and Isaac (x2)

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
Uh...Captain Olimar...? Yeah...I really don't think he has much of a chance at all. In my opinion, Pikman wasn't that big of a game, and neither were the characters. I don't think he would fit in the game that well either.

What I think Captain Olimar's chances are of making it in: 5%

I know it's very low, but I extremely doubt he will appear in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

I nominate:
Andross (5)

Croco

Smash Lord
65%.. It could happen.. but on the other hand.. There are more worthy characters which should have that spot in brawl before him.

I nominate-
"Dog" from Duck Hunt - x5

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
Olmar gets 49% chance

Nominations: Sonic(x4) and Lucario

Also I think there should be somthing like this in the General brawl disscusion about some new items that should be in.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Omilar huh?30%what fighting style would he have? Plus he's not a major contender like diidy and wolf are.
Waluigi (5)

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
At first Captain Olimar was one of my most wanted characters, but then someone brought up his shortness, so... He's not anymore. Anyway, I give him a 60% chance of being in.

Nominations:
Sonic the Hedgehog x4
Stafy x1

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
I like Olimar's Odds. It's high enough that he's a viable possibility, yet low enough so that i'm in suspense.

I give him...

72%

Nominations:
Little Mac x 5

Sensai

Smash Master
Might I remind everyone that this is about the chance you think of them getting in, not how much you like them...

Nientendodude, Brawlmatt, you realize that Kirby is supposed to be tini tini tiny, too, right? And Ridley and Bowser are supposed to be OMGARGANTUAN. Samus is in a freaking space suit shooting plasma, Fox can fly farther then Falco, Ganon DOESN'T have a sword, C. Falcon isn't driving around, 'rest' does massive damage, etc. Logic doesn't really play that much part in character creation, past a certain point, of course.

Olimar is among my top picks for Brawl, being an avid fan of the series (it's so **** cool), and just wanting to see Sakurai be presented with the challenge. Seriously...I doubt anyone can come up with a good moveset for Olimar. He's just too hard.

70% chance, which is actually high for me. I have faith he'll be in, as it was the only franchise born on the Gamecube ('cause Animal Crossing was a Japanese 64 game [I was told...]).

Iggy, Digi, I'm with you guys. Toad, all five of those times! Although, Croco, we should definitely do Dog tomorrow. Fo' really real.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I give Olimar a 75% chance, being one of miyamotos favorite characters may influence sakurai in adding him...

Nominates:
Mach rider: x2
Ouendan: x2
Black knight

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
I think the game was a big hit, and Smash has no Pikmin representative in it yet. Personally I believe Olimar (popularity, not size of course) is too big for a trophy now. Sakurai has also considered Pikmin to be an inventive game. - 75%

. . . Nominating Stafy x5

Tbacksha

Smash Apprentice
Olimar 65%
Pikmin dose needs big representation, as an item at least, but not so sure about fighter. Any <pun> shortcomings</pun> can be fixes easily, but unlike the pong paddle I don't see a fighting spirit.

Pong Paddle: x2
Waluigi x3

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Oli-Oli-Olimar...

I'd stick him at around 50% I know he's popular, and that he'd make a good character. I just don't view him as having very high chances. But that's just me.

Nominate: Tingle x 5

Top Bottom