• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Isaac Chance: 50%. Honestly, Nintendo used to LOVE the Golden Sun Series.... It boggled my mind that he wasn't in Brawl. He has a lot going for him, though... Several songs in Brawl, a different moveset than other sword users (could honestly be based mostly on sword attacks OR mostly on magic, and he'd still feel right), the Little Mac precedent (let's be honest, he shouldn't have ever been an AT), and his new Virtual Console release... I really think this comes down to if Nintendo has any future plans for the series. (btw can you imagine Ragnarok as his Final Smash? o.O)

Isaac Want: 100%. Easily my most wanted unrevealed character

Ray Chance: 10%... yeah I really don't see this one happening.

Ray want: 80%. I love the Custom Robo franchise, and robots are cool so yeah.

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Isaac's chances: 40% - An increase but not a big one. While a lot of other notable former Assist Trophies are confirmed to reprise their role, he was always easily the most likely of the bunch anyway. I'm currently 50/50 on a second Assist Trophy getting the upgrade to playable, and Isaac gets most of that.
Want: 100% - If one more series could get a playable character, I'd want it to be Golden Sun.

Ray chance: 6% - Bit less than before. Probably now the second most likely former Assist Trophy but I don't think it's likely that he'd get in over Isaac if there even was a promotion.
Want: 50% - I'm still indifferent.

Ghirahim prediction: 12.19%
Tingle prediction: 14.17% - I have no idea how Zelda characters will go at this point.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Isaac
chance: 20% want 0%

Not being massacred in the direct gives him immunity for now, he wasn't the only survivor and it's possible that they could have him as an unlockable assist again. He's a decent character but I'm not particularly interested in him.

Ray
chance: 10% want 0%
Same thing I said for Isaac.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Isaac

Chance - 45% - Not changing my previous vote. I got a feeling we haven't seen all of the assist trophies just yet, so I'm still holding out for if he is revealed. He's got decent, but not exactly likely, chances.

Want - 78% - Hey, earth magic hasn't been done yet at all. That could be fun.

Ray Series

Chance - 25% - If it's not affected Isaac, Ray isn't either. Really, he's in an okay position considering he's basically dropped off the radar, but that's just it: he's off the radar.

Want - 82% - Who doesn't want to play as a mecha of some sort? Having a mecha playable in Smash is a dream of mine.

Predictions

Tingle - 14.5% - Eh. Just a score between the previous two.

Ghirahim - 8.75% - Something tells me he'll drop.

D

Deleted member

I'm not really that invested in Isaac vs. Shulk. I like both and would be happy to see either. One thing that would influence me is that if Isaac got in, it might indicate that they're more likely to make another Golden Sun. I think Golden Sun could be a series they expand upon (and give it a console release to help push the Wii U's RPG library), but they probably won't end up doing that.

But I do see them competing against each other somewhat, as they're both blond, sword-wielding, RPG protagonists from unrepresented series... But only somewhat, since they have different move set potential as Psynergy and Shulk's Battle/Monado Arts are fairly different. They also represent a higher-selling but declining series vs. a lower-selling but up-and-coming series. Anyway... I don't think it's bizarre for people to think there's some tension in the choice of Isaac vs. Shulk vs. both.

A random thought occurs as well... We are six newcomers in without seeing a sword-wielding newcomer.
I can see them put Isaac in for that reason or Isaac could get in on his own merits. I see the latter as a bigger possibility than the former.

It just bugs me because these are two completely different characters from different kinds of RPGs. I understand the tension, but the fighting is pointless. I don't understand why people are fighting over a thing like this. Xenoblade and Golden Sun are amazing games that deserve representation; I just can't comprehend why there is fighting over which one should be represented first. Shulk and Isaac may come from RPGs, but their situations and potential are completely different.

Oh wow. I didn't notice that until you mentioned it. We're bound to get 2 or 3 sword newcomers in my eyes.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
ISAAC

Chance: 85% - I'm more confident in him than before. He's still got obstacles though.

Want: 100% - My most wanted character (with a realistic chance) after Megaman. Ninten-do it, Sakurai!

RAY

Chance: 50% - I was so busy worried about Isaac, I didn't notice that Ray survived the massacre to. For him, I say it can go either way.

Want: 85% - I'm content with Megaman being the only Robo Newcomer but I won't say no to Ray.

Tingle Prediction: 20% - We'll see.

Ghirahim Prediction: 24% - We'll see.

Last edited:

themoonsloth

Smash Rookie
Isaac:
Chance: 30%
. A lot of people really want him in, heck he's one of the most requested people. And he did survive the AT segment, so thats a positive. However, his games aren't super well known and while he would be an interesting fighter, I think Sakurai will opt for the other RPG protagonist, Shulk, as he is from a much more recent game and currently has one coming down the pipeline. That being said, things could change and they could announce a new Golden Sun at E3...

Want: 75%. He would be a very unique fighter, and I love Golden Sun so seeing him would make me really happy.

Ray:
Chance: 5%
. It pains me to say it but I just don't see this happening. There hasnt been a Robo game for years and Ray isnt very recognizable outside of the niche group who loved the game. I can't really see them announcing a new game at E3 either. Plus I just dont see him fitting in well.

Want: 60%. I think a mech fighter with missles and bombs and lasers and stuff would be sick. He would probably fight like a more ranged and agile Samus. That being said, why dont we just stick with Samus.

Predictions:
Tingle: 5%. No way this is happening, and I can't say I want it either.
Ghirahim: 65%. A Skyward Sword villian with interesting moves and a skeevy tongue? I'm intrigued. I can see them bringing in 6 Zelda reps, and Ghriahim would be a pretty sick addition.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Isaac

Chance: 50%
Virtual console and surviving the the Direct massacre. But they don't help that much. Plus Sakurai's two out of the three post.

Want: 60%
Is a cool choice.

Ray
Chance: 10%
I doubt his inclusion. Not popular or recent

Want: 30%
Prefer other new series characters.

Predictions
Tingle: 10%
Ghirahim: 15%

Last edited:

Smady

Smash Master
Isaac

15% Chance: Keep in mind that his assist trophy was hidden in Brawl and could just as easily be the same in Smash 4. That makes his and Ray's survival of the massacre not all that helpful. Add to that how Dark Dawn was the least successful Golden Sun game and we have seen no signs of another sequel, doesn't look good for Isaac.

Largely Isaac just has going for him what he did in Brawl, only dramatically lowered because of his decreased 'relevance.' I hate when that term gets thrown around, but here it's pretty accurate: Isaac was not even the main character in Dark Dawn and his requests have gone through the floor. His popularity in Europe and the fact he is super unique are really needed for him to get a roster spot.

75% Want: I've played the first and last (tentatively speaking) Golden Sun games. Isaac's move pool is incredibly good for a moveset, his ratio of good moveset potential to popularity is one the highest of all the newcomers. Absolutely nothing resembling it in Brawl and he's a built fighter. My only problem is that as a character, Isaac is fairly dull. Unless we're talking Dark Dawn, where he takes up his role as the rugged, manly leader.

Ray

5% Chance: See: Isaac for my thoughts on hidden assist trophies not in the direct bloodbath. Ray is even worse off than Isaac, however, as his series is more dead and less popular in the first place. The only saving grace for Ray is that his uniqueness is very high, perhaps greater than Isaac's and he'd easily stand out for his moveset.

65% Want: I love the idea of a fighting robot character in Smash Bros, but I have no attachment to the Custom Robo games. Seriously, I can only imagine, a robuster more agile Samus that packs all these little missiles and other gadgets into a glass cannon set. Too bad it's not going to happen this side of eternity.

Tingle: 18%
He's widely-hated, heck I used to hate him too, although he wasn't a hidden assist trophy in Brawl. Think about that.
Ghirahim: 18%
No idea who will get higher of these two, so hedging my bets.

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Want: 0%
Yet those Shulk vs. Isaac fights make me not want Isaac. Seeing those happen makes me not want to support Isaac in Smash.
Why do those fights exist? Is it because they are blond-haired swordsmen from RPGs? Get real. They aren't competing and these fights are sad and pointless.
Regardless, they exist and it frustrates the living hell out of me. As such, I am just absolutely ticked. I would be happy for the Isaac fans that he would get in, but some damage was done. I understand the supporters frustration if Shulk got in, but I find that these fights are a bit extreme.
Eventually, I will play Golden Sun on my Wii U because I heard nothing but good things about it, but those flame wars are a bit discouraging.
Apologies that that's your takeaway from us Isaac supporters. Just know it is equally frustrating to see others pushing off Isaac vs. Shulk as an imaginary scenario (or, in your words, "sad and pointless") when it looks all too likely from our side. Remember, in Brawl fellow niche JRPG series Mother got two playable characters including a newcomer while Golden Sun only got an AT, despite the latter series enjoying quite a bit more success sales-wise. With another JRPG series being added to the mix with Xenoblade, not to mention Fire Emblem's multiple swordsmen, it's awfully easy to see how Sakurai might leave one (or both!) series in the dust despite the ideal scenario being each getting in on their own merits. In any case, I hope you won't let some Smash debate keep you from trying the Golden Sun games, nor any other Nintendo series. I know I'm an Isaac supporter because I love the series, and knowing how passionate Shulk supporters are, I'm definitely looking forward to spending some quality time with Xenoblade Chronicles when I get the chance.

Isaac - 50%
I've rather intentionally overrated him in the past, but trying to push the average score up truly is a pointless endeavor, so I'm reducing my score to a more honest rating. It's rather difficult to say for sure how strong Isaac's chances are given he was passed over for Brawl despite having arguably better qualifications then, but he still feels like a strong candidate. He has appeared in three games now, his series has enjoyed notable sales success and saw a revival post-Brawl with Dark Dawn, he's quite popular and enjoyed lots of support for Smash, and he's got some of the greatest moveset potential of any contender for SSB4. Add in that Sakurai is seemingly targeting unrepped series with four added so far and his exclusion from the AT massacre and it's looking quite good for Isaac. His biggest fault remains competition: Mother, Fire Emblem, and Xenoblade all compete at least partially with Golden Sun for roster space, and he's failed to make the cut before because of this. There's also the edge case that Matthew could sneak in over him, but considering Dark Dawn wasn't as successful as the originals and has yet to have a sequel announced, it doesn't seem like a significant threat. He feels like he has a strong chance for inclusion, but he isn't exactly a shoe-in either, so for the moment I'm leaving him at a coin-flip.
Want - 100% - My most wanted character for SSB4 by far.

Ray - 5%
Surviving the massacre certainly can't hurt Ray's chances, but Custom Robo is very much a dead franchise with the last release coming pre-Brawl, and despite being a very cool possibility Ray doesn't seem to get much fan support at all. Brawl was his ideal time to get into Smash, and the years since have not been kind to his chances. It's possible Sakurai is privy to an as yet unannounced Custom Robo revival or that he simply picks him due to sheer uniqueness, but it's all too easy to see him just being passed over again given he gets so little attention from the fans.
Want - 90% - So much potential to be an awesome Smash character, and he doesn't really compete with anyone I want.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Isaac
Want: 85%

Isaac survived the troublesome Tuesday Direct, which means that he is still certainly viable. However, Isaac is in a strange position. While his game is now on the VC, his popularity has gone down significantly since Brawl, most likely due to his absence from the Nintendo scene. GS's last game was in 2010, so I mean, that is still definitely within the realm of post-Brawl and pre-SSB4. While i have heard it was lackluster compared to the rest, I doubt that really matters. Every game series has had its fair share of lackluster installments, and yes, even Nintendo. (Ever heard of the CD-i? :laugh: ) Also, while I don't think the inclusion of Shulk, a more recent a popular potential addition, affects his status a bunch, it certainly does due to roster size. New series are getting some love this time, but the real question is, does Golden Sun stack up with series like Wii Fit and Animal Crossing? Time will tell.

He would be a pretty nice addition. I played the first GS very briefly, and I liked the concept (Im really just a fan of JRPGs in general, Bravely Default is what I'm doing now.) And i really enjoyed the game. Its something i may have to revisit to fully grasp its concepts, but I would be happy if Isaac was included. His combination of magic and swordplay would be pretty unique.

Ray
Want: 65%
Interesting choice. Again, like with Isaac, his status as an AT is unknown, so he is still viable. He has mostly been prominent in Japan, but his games were released worldwide later in the installments. However, the series is not that big, and its climax was during pre-Brawl. I believe his AT status will remain as is.

I dont know a whole lot about him, but his AT in Brawl seemed pretty cool, so i am not opposed to it. Another robot character would be interesting.

Predictions
Tingle: 23% Kooloo-Limpah!
Ghirahim: 12.22% Sick! SICK WITH ANGER!

Last edited:

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
One interesting thing to note regarding Isaac that I don't think anyone else noticed is that, with the apparent deconfirmation of Ivysaur, Isaac will not be in competition for both Earth Based attacks (DK and Villager are only ones that come to mind) and Plant Based attacks (Rock's Leaf Shield and Villager's Timber are the ones that qualify), thus giving him a niche of uniqueness.

You forgot Villager's Timber (tree) move.
Edit: Fixed

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
Isaac
He stand a chance no doubt, the whole virtual console love, I don't see that like a point for him, VC don't hype people like it used to
I have played every GS game can see why he would be unique, yet I don't have a bond with this character

Ray
Chance: 12%
Don't see him happening
Want: 10%
I don't care about him

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Isaac

15% Chance: Keep in mind that his assist trophy was hidden in Brawl and could just as easily be the same in Smash 4. That makes his and Ray's survival of the massacre not all that helpful. Add to that how Dark Dawn was the least successful Golden Sun game and we have seen no signs of another sequel, doesn't look good for Isaac.

Largely Isaac just has going for him what he did in Brawl, only dramatically lowered because of his decreased 'relevance.' I hate when that term gets thrown around, but here it's pretty accurate: Isaac was not even the main character in Dark Dawn and his requests have gone through the floor. His popularity in Europe and the fact he is super unique are really needed for him to get a roster spot.

75% Want: I've played the first and last (tentatively speaking) Golden Sun games. Isaac's move pool is incredibly good for a moveset, his ratio of good moveset potential to popularity is one the highest of all the newcomers. Absolutely nothing resembling it in Brawl and he's a built fighter. My only problem is that as a character, Isaac is fairly dull. Unless we're talking Dark Dawn, where he takes up his role as the rugged, manly leader.

Ray

5% Chance: See: Isaac for my thoughts on hidden assist trophies not in the direct bloodbath. Ray is even worse off than Isaac, however, as his series is more dead and less popular in the first place. The only saving grace for Ray is that his uniqueness is very high, perhaps greater than Isaac's and he'd easily stand out for his moveset.

65% Want: I love the idea of a fighting robot character in Smash Bros, but I have no attachment to the Custom Robo games. Seriously, I can only imagine, a robuster more agile Samus that packs all these little missiles and other gadgets into a glass cannon set. Too bad it's not going to happen this side of eternity.

Tingle: 18%
He's widely-hated, heck I used to hate him too, although he wasn't a hidden assist trophy in Brawl. Think about that.
Ghirahim: 18%
No idea who will get higher of these two, so hedging my bets.
You are right, Tingle wasn't a hidden AT! But that makes me think Termina Bay from Melee might return.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
Isaac
Chance - 40%
Want - 70%

Isaac is one of the characters I feel is up in the air. He survived the AT massacre (SAKI NO!), which is saying something. He also has three games under his belt, all of which did decently. He also has a ton of moveset potential, which is partly why I gave him a high want. I beat his game and am on the final boss of Lost Age, enjoyed them both (admittedly, I'm ten tries away from saying 'screw it', reading the ending online, and moving onto Dark Dawn).

Ray
Chance - 5%
Want - 30%

Don't have as much to say about him. Hasn't done anything since Brawl and his series was in better shape then.

SpiderJerusalem

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NewBabel
3DS FC
4124-5499-0990
Isaac

Virtual console and surviving the the Direct massacre. But they don't help that much. Plus Sakurai's two out of the three post.
Wasn't that confirmed fake?

Isaac
Chance: 50%, it's really up in the air and it's hard to tell. If an unrepresented series gets a character, it will likely be Isaac and Golden Sun though.
Want: 50%, I'm indifferent since I've never played GS :p

Ray
Chance: 25%, Custom Robo was kind of a cult classic, not especially popular.
Want: 50%, could be an interesting character, but I wouldn't be heartbroken if he didn't make it in

Edit: Predictions

Tingle: 17.4%
Ghirahim: 12.2%

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
Isaac

Is a cool choice.

Ray

Predictions
I highly doubt Sakurai will spoil his own game in such an unoficial and awful way. This is a business and this don't make sense

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Isaac

Is a cool choice.

Ray

Predictions

Look I can do it too!

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
I had to return to this game for this day. I'm not sure how I could miss the day that we rate my two most desired newcomers.

Isaac
Chance: 40%

I'm trying not to make too much of him not being revealed as an assist trophy, so I didn't change his chances to much from before. I still think a Golden Sun rep has a decent shot and that Isaac's still the best choice for the position. I did bump his score up a little bit however as Ive came to the conclusion that his chances are more superior to Matthew's than I previously gave him credit for.
Want 100%
Duh.

Ray
Chance 12%

I could see it, and would certainly enjoy it, but I'm still not super confident.
Want 100%
Duh.

I really wish I could write more, but I'm under a pretty tight schedule that isn't allowing me to be as active as I wish to be on this thread.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Ehhhhhh........

I'll have to disallow anymore of those fake Sakurai posts. Another of them and you will get an award infraction.

andimidna

Smash Master
Yea, if that leak was real, we would all be giving Isaac scores in the 90s!
(Sorry Geno fans, but even you guys know how unlikely he is)

But it was proven fake a while before E3 I'm pretty sure. It feels like a year since I've seen it brought up anyways...

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Isaac:
Chance- 40%
Golden Sun probably isn't as dead as people make it out to be. It has had pretty good sales overall and has had a release since Brawl. Dark Dawn does not pretend to be the end of the series, too (nor was it as bad as some make it out to be). It might be awhile, but I don't think we've seen the last of Golden Sun. A playable appearance in Smash might help bring attention back to the series.
Surviving the AT massacre is a big plus, but I'm still not convinced that Isaac will get in. There's a good chance that the reason he didn't show up is that he will be hidden again.
Want- 100%
Which would be horribly disappointing. Isaac comes from a very good and unrepresented series and has outstanding moveset potential. How about yes!

Ray:
Chance- 12%
On the other hand, Custom Robo seems quite a bit more dead. The series hasn't seen a release in a long time and it never had that great of sales. Ray's not impossible but... I don't see it.
Want- 18%
I would like to see new series represented, but I never personally got into Custom Robo. There are other characters that I want more.

Mr_Anderson

Smash Cadet
Isaac Chance: 70%
Isaac Want: 85%

Isaac was one of the most wanted newcomers in Brawl, and, like Little Mac, I feel as though he will get promoted to a fully playable character. Golden Sun was a really good RPG, and its success on the Virtual Console shows that it's still immensely popular. However, the thing holding Isaac's inclusion back is that Golden Sun is nowhere close to the cult following of another niche series, Mother, which has one of the largest cult followings in gaming. Isaac's moveset would be diverse and interesting, and he survived the AT massacre, but I'm still holding back hope. I do think he has the highest chance by far of all unconfirmed assists.

Ray Chance: 25%
Ray Want: 55%

Custom Robo is kind of a forgotten about series, but Ray was an assist in Brawl and was also a survivor of the AT massacre, so he does have a chance. However, I do think that chance is rather slim since the series isn't very well known. However, Ray's inclusion would be pretty interesting, as I think he's another unique character that would represent a series new to Smash Brothers. However, I think Megaman may have filled the niche of a human-robot-type character, so I don't think he'll make it in this time around. Would be interesting, though, I'm just kinda neutral about his inclusion.

D

Deleted member

Issac

+ Like everyone else already stated, he evaded the Iron Fist of Sakurai.
+ Golden Sun did receive a fairly recent installment.
-- He was an unlockable Assist Trophy in Brawl, so he might be again due to tradition.
By the way, I don't think Shulk appearing affects Issac's chances. They're two nearly incomparable characters who both happen to be blonde JRPG protagonists.

Want: 50%

I'm indifferent. Being a Shulk fan, if I believed that one affected the other's chances, then I would have given Issac 0%.

Ray

Chance: 20%

+ He hasn't been confirmed as an Assist Trophy...
-- ...at least not yet.
-- Custom Robo has suffered both low sales and a lack of a recent installment.

Want: 50%

Again, I'm indifferent.

Predictions

Ghirahim: 30%

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
So hey, guess what? Turns out Golden Sun on the VC is doing really well! Hoorah! Turns out 'Japan hates Golden Sun' was a load of BS.
Where did you find that out?

As far as I know, Nintendo doesn't release VC sales figures... Which has been annoying to me.
One interesting thing to note regarding Isaac that I don't think anyone else noticed is that, with the apparent deconfirmation of Ivysaur, Isaac will not be in competition for both Earth Based attacks (DK and Villager are only ones that come to mind) and Plant Based attacks (Rock's Leaf Shield is the only one I can think of), thus giving him a niche of uniqueness. (Is this type of post allowed here?)
You forgot Villager's Timber (tree) move.

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
Issac: The man with the golden hand
Chance: 60% Excellent move-set potential, and he was included as an assist trophy last time. The only problem is a lack of recent games.
Want: 50% I don't have any attachment to him, but I think he will be fun if included.

Ray: The other robo
Chance: 3% He doesn't have anything going for him. He makes sense as an assist trophy, and he has no recent games. The only thing unique about him is "customization" even though Sakurai has stated that all characters will have this in some form. Just because he wasn't revealed, doesn't mean he's playable.
Want: 1% I think Smash should only have 2 or 3 robot characters. With Megaman confirmed, and ROB possibly returning as a veteran, competition for the third spot is tight between Chibi-Robo, Ray, Sukapon, and Harry, with the threat of not having this spot exist at all. Chibi-Robo is my most wanted newcomer, so I would hate for Ray to be in and not him. By the way, this was a missed opportunity to pit Chibi-Robo against Custom Robo. Ah well, I'll wait til the nominations are up to discuss Chibi more.

CanadianSmasher1992

Smash Cadet
Isaac:

CHANCE - 53%

I suppose, when Sakurai was initially deciding the roster, it was late-2011/early-2012. At that point, Golden Sun: Dark Dawn had been out for over a year. Considering the fact the game did not sell as well in Japan as it could have, it does serve as a major strike against Isaac. However, Isaac was one of the strongest Assist Trophies in Brawl, the theme from Golden Sun was remixed and featured, and he has a large amount of popularity in Europe and North America. He also has very unique moveset potential, which is something Sakurai has stated would be grounds for inclusion, with his use of Earth Psynergy and Djinns. Sure, his chances aren't strong, but he has quite a bit going for him in his favour.

WANT - 99.99%

He's the one character that I really want to be in a Smash game. It would just bring me absolute joy to have him playable in Smash 4. Golden Sun is also one of the best games I've ever played (in my opinion) and I truly believe the series needs to be represented in Smash with a playable character.

Ray:

CHANCE - 15%

Let me know if I'm wrong, but the last Custom Robo game was released in 2007, which was even before Brawl was released. That definitely hinders his chances. Also, he isn't as important to Nintendo in terms of sales and he doesn't have as strong a fanbase as other Misc. characters.

WANT - 70%

I have to admit, even though I've never played a Custom Robo game, Ray would be pretty cool to play as. It definitely seems like he could have a unique moveset and who wouldn't want to play as a Gundam-style robot?

Predictions:
Tingle - 45%
Ghirahim - 20%

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Isaac
Chance: 45% - He hasn't been shown as an assist yet, but that doesn't mean he's in. I feel like he could really be a great character, but the fact that he hasn't been in too many games doesn't help his chances.
Want: 70% - Even though I haven't played a Golden Sun game, I still would love to see Isaac be playable. I've heard nothing but good things about the series and its uniqueness.

Ray
Chance: 25% - There's always a chance, I just don't see his being too high. Not a very highly requested character, nor a very prominent series.
Want: 45% - I'm not overly fond of mech-type characters, but other than my aversion to the big robots, I have no qualms with him because I really don't know the series.

Ghirahim prediction: 30% - He seems the most likely Zelda newcomer to me, as he's from one of the most recent games and he's definitely unique.
Tingle prediction: 15% - I just... I just don't see it. He's weird and wacky, sure, but I've always seen Tingle as incredibly creepy than he is likable.

Whew! I didn't miss it! I haven't been checking Smash Boards as much as I used to ever since the Leaks & Rumors thread got shut down. Sure the place was a mess and got off topic quite often, but at least it was a good generalized discussion of Smash Bros. I need to find another thread like that. xD

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Isaac: 27%
Very possible, but not at all a lock for me. I do think his chances have increased, though.

Want: 65%
I'd be happy, but I have no attachment to the series or the character.

Abstaining on Ray.

Predictions:

Ghirahim: 11%
Tingle: 24%

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Alright, the supposed "rival" of Shulk finally gets his day. Curious how they stack up just for curiosities' sake.

Isaac Chance: 65%
Sadly I do personally think he may have "missed his chance" so to speak. Golden Sun received a game between Brawl and this game starting development just like Punch Out!!, but Isaac didn't have the sort of popular appeal that Little Mac had in the first place. However, he does seem an incredibly potentially unique fighter which we know Sakurai values. It also helps him that we know for a fact AT's can be upgraded, and he at the very least wasn't confirmed to be returning as an AT during the Direct.

Isaac Want: 75%
He's got a cool design and some real moveset potential. I've never played GS, but his AT was interesting enough in itself to make me want him more than some others.

Ray Chances: 45%
Now Ray if you ask me truly has missed his opportunity to join. Custom Robo is, as far as I know, essentially dead. Even when it was more prominent it was fairly niche. But again, he wasn't shown to be a returning AT yet and he also has potential for a good move-set with unique qualities, so it's possible.

Ray Want: 75%
While I actually played several Custom Robo games, and enjoyed them, the potential of playing as Ray doesn't particularly excite me anymore than Isaac. I'm sure he'd be cool as hell if he got in, but mostly I'd be okay if he isn't in again.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Issac Chance: 45%
Here are my reasons:
  • He was an assist trophy in Brawl
  • GS has been a fairly popular video game series it seems.
  • GS is now available on the wii
Issac Want: 40%

I can see how he'd be an interesting character to play as, but considering I have yet to play a GS game I'm not that big of a supporter. Shulk seems more probable to me, although that's a little bias. Xenoblade is awesome

Ray Chance: 30%
Ray Want: 10% Who?

Predictions:

Ghirahim: 40%
Tingle: 30%

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom