• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
[quote="Pega-pony Princess, post: 16652362, member: 223605
Ray Want: 0% Who?

[/quote]
Just because you don't know who he is means he gets a zero? :(

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
Issac: 40%

Want: 60%

Ray: 25%

Want: 80%
Augh, these series look so much fun and I still haven't gotten around to playing any of them!

Karafuru

Smash Apprentice
Isaac:
-Chance: 40%
-Want: 80%

Ray: 15%

Both are characters that I really want as I recall playing their games when I was younger and they were really enjoyable.

Shalashaska

Banned via Warnings
Isaac
Chance: 65%
Seems somewhat likely in my opinion, though the Direct may have been a better time to reveal him than later.

Want: 75%
I don't personally care too much for him or his series, as I've never touched a Golden Sun game, but he seems like he would be unique and fun to play as, plus I would be happy for his fans.

Ray
Chance: 0%
Even if Metal Gear did get another character in Smash, it would definitely not be this.

Want: 20%
If we got a Metal Gear, I'd much rather have Rex, but the water cannon is pretty cool.

Chance: 15%
He was an AT, but he isn't that significant anymore.

Want: 25%
He'd probably be fun to use, and I did play the Custom Robo game for the DS, which was fun. However, there are many other characters that I would rather have in the game.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Where did you find that out?
Not exactly the most unbiased source, but the Isaac thread revealed GS was doing far better than expected over there. Not sure on exact figures, but they stated it was the #2 game on VC a few days back. You might be able to find the stats and hopefully a reliable source there though.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Isaac:
Chance: 80%
Golden Sun re-release, the fact he was once an AT like Lil Mac and the fact he wasnt shown as one yet give him some good chances. Plus, Ninty brought back more obscure characters for Smash in the past, and the AT in Brawl means Sakurai at least knows who the character is and may be aware of his popularity, just like he was aware of Lil Mac's.

Want: 100%
Plis be in. Honestly, I would take any GS rep, but Isaac is the most iconic and deserves a spot.

Ray:
Chance: 50%
Im not sure, Im not familiar with the series or theyr overall relevance so its hard to judge, so Im leaving it up to the wind.

Want: 70%
Again, Im not all that familiar with the character unfortunately, but he looks cool, and the more diverse looking cast you have the better.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Not exactly the most unbiased source, but the Isaac thread revealed GS was doing far better than expected over there. Not sure on exact figures, but they stated it was the #2 game on VC a few days back. You might be able to find the stats and hopefully a reliable source there though.
There's no screenshot as proper proof, but the claim appears to be that GS reached #2 on the overall best-selling chart of the Wii U eShop in Japan. Too late for it to really matter Smash-wise since the roster should have been finalized last year if not earlier, but great news for anyone hoping to see a new Golden Sun, especially if it continues to perform well for an extended period.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Isaac

Chance 50/50%

Well he survived the assist massacre but I'm not fully commenced but I some assist trophy can upgrade to playable

Want 50/50

Never heard of him but would be since

Ray

Chance 5%

I have absolutely no idea how he can get in especially because of megaman

Want 80%
A third robot character would be awesome (R.O.B and megaman are the other ones and I'm 90% sure R.O.B is fine due to the term everyone is being the same way they were for the ice climbers and mr game and watch in brawl)

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Isaac

Chance 30%

Well he survived the assist trophy massacre but everyone is forgetting something I think pac-man is the biggest barrier for him since they are both third party and since pac-man got hinted to death from the 256 pictures and charizard/greninja trailer
Isaac's not a third-party character.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Isaac:
Likeliness: 65%

Having played the original Golden Sun (and sucking), I would love to see some more representation.

Ray:
Likeliness: 45%
Want: 95%

Custom Robo on the Gamecube was amazing, I still play it on a regular basis, and Ray is my favorite Robo to use other than Mecha Gaus. So Ray would certainly be a buy for me, even if no one else I want gets in.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Well, it's a good thing I got Fatal Frame out the way a few months ago now that a new game has been announced for Wii U!

Still E3 is coming fast and we've still got a bunch of things to vote on...

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Yay! I still have time

Isaac
Chance - 20%
I have stated this before and I say it again: Isaac is overrated on Smashboards. It's one of those cases where I seriously see no solid evidence for us to believe Golden Sun inclusion is imminent, but people still treat it like it's imminent. Yes, the sales are good, it's a popular series, and it does relatively well critically, BUT that's why I'm giving Isaac a solid 20%, a fifth of a chance. That's actually really high. Going above that I feel is a bit of an overestimation, more than anything because of the increasing competition for remaining spots.

Want - 70%
That said, I do begin to see Golden Sun as a franchise worthy of inclusion. More than anything, I think Isaac in the roster makes sense and it'd be an interesting character. But if he doesn't make it I won't be losing sleep.

Ray
Chance - 10%
Even more of a stretch. Custom Robo has a very niche popularity from what I understand, and there are many series with better statistics that merit inclusion more than Custom Robo, imo. More successful franchises like Pilotwings are stuck in Item/Stage condition as far as we know, and while you could argue that's because there's no huge main character for this series, even if Custom Robo has Ray, that franchise is still not as huge as it needs to be to merit a character, imo.

Want - 0%
I played that one Gamecube game that made it to the states and ... disliked it considerably. I don't know why, there was something about it that just felt to me like a low budget robot game you'd find for $30 on the PSone. And this is the huge Nintendo fangirl who likes almost every Nintendo franchise who's talking here. I really understand if other people like the series, or characters, etc., but for me it was just a huge letdown. I was eager to see more Nintendo titles localized after the joy of Fire Emblem, and I expected to enjoy Custom Robo more. Oh well.
Also, while I think the character has some merits, I feel there's plenty of other characters who just have more star power and deserve a spot in the game more. I like Ray as an assist trophy, and like Saki, I feel that's where he should remain.

Predictions
I genuinely have no clue ... also, are we getting anything for the predictions we're making? You know, since we haven't been nominating?

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Isaac:

Chance: 25%. While Golden Sun has been historically a fan-favorite for Nintendo fans, it's also rather small overall. I think he's only a little bit better than Saki, and we all know how that ended. Though he wasn't featured in the AT segment of the Nintendo Direct which is interesting, though I would rather base my predictions on what I do know rather than what I don't.

Want: 45%. He seems like he would be an interesting character, in fact he's almost guaranteed to be interesting. But I'm not partial to Golden Sun or Isaac, so if he doesn't get in, I won't be heartbroken.

Ray:

Chance: 15%. Again, while the character is pretty cool, Custom Robo is a very "underground" character, and I don't think he has enough power to be promoted to playable.
Want: 10%. I don't really care either way, I would rather Chibi-Robo be our "tiny robot" character.

Ghirahim prediction: 25%.
Tingle prediction: 24%.

Groose

Smash Champion
Ah, Isaac and Ray. I lumped these two together for a reason extending beyond "missing ATs." I mentally group their franchises together into part of a set of that includes series that haven't received representation yet and haven't done too much recently, but have a solid chance of making the upgrade. In other words, they're not the "newbies" like Xenoblade or Rolling Western, and they aren't "oldies" like Ninja Castle or Mole Mania.

1) Golden Sun
2) Chibi Robo
3) Starfy
4) Sin and Punishment
5) Advance Wars
6) Custom Robo

At the beginning, I actually considered the likelihood that they get a playable character in the order that I listed them above. Let me break down what I think of the franchises to you now:
Golden Sun: 45%
Golden Sun stands out for two real reasons. First of all, it fits into a game like Smash more obviously than something like Advance Wars or Chibi Robo; second of all, it has had a very large following for a very long time. People have been demanding a Golden Sun character since the Brawl days, and, while support has tapered off a little, and it was never really high in Japan, I still think it would be hard to ignore it completely. The series has started a little bit of a hibernation recently, which may be a bit detrimental, but I think its popularity will still at least put a newcomer into consideration.

If we get a character for the series, it's almost definitely Isaac. He's not the most recent protagonist, but he's the most popular and the most requested and the most important. I'll give Isaac a 40% chance, but note that Matthew has about a 5% chance in my eyes.

I'll be frank as to want; I've oddly never played a Golden Sun title and know little about Isaac as a character. That does mean that I can't really want him 100%, but I still would like to see him in the game; he deserves it, and his fans deserve it. Also, I think he could have a pretty interesting set of attacks, and it would be cool to hear the Golden Sun music. I'll give him an 75% want.

Now, I'll respond to @Brawler610 briefly. I do see Isaac and Shulk in a competition of sorts. Imagine you're Sakurai. You want to please as many people as possible with your new roster; you want to spread out your additions as best as possible. What you don't want to do is cater to the same fanbase with multiple additions when you can only add a handful of newcomers; in this case, you probably wouldn't want to grab two JRPG characters; despite how they play, you're still catering to what should be the same niche of fans with characters who share a passing physical resemblance. While I could see Sakurai deciding to roll the dice and go for it (and I could also see him ignoring both all together), I just doubt he'd do that, especially if the roster is as limited in terms of newcomers as he makes it out to be.

Chibi Robo: 35%
I still think this little series has a pretty good shot; it's been lingering around for a while now, and the bizarre potential for an interesting moveset is definitely there. At the very least, I'd expect this franchise to get a stage; if it does get a character, it will obviously be the titular robot. I know that a cult of Chibi Robo fans sprouted up on Gamefaqs a few months ago and that he's one of the biggest characters there, but that's too late to count for anything.

Starfy: 25% 0%
With the titular Starfy out of the running, this series no longer has any chance to see a character; I did think Starfy had a very solid chance until Rosalina's reveal, however. I guess Starfy is destined to remain the Goldeen of ATs.
Sin and Punishment: 25% 1%
I thought Sin and Punishment stood a strong chance of getting a character despite its relative obscurity and relatively few installments; however, with Saki on the bench I just don't see it happening. There is a very, very small chance we could get Isa instead, but really--Sakurai talked about how popular Saki was in the Brawl era, not Isa. I doubt Sakurai would go for anyone but the man who is now an AT.
Advance Wars: 20%
Although this is technically the largest series of the ones I have listed here, the lack of a true staple character is what causes it to sulk behind some of the others I have mentioned. I suppose Andy is the frontrunner, but I don't think he's the end-all option here.
Custom Robo: 15%
Ah, here we are. Custom Robo is smaller than every series here (bar maybe Sin and Punishment), and I do think it has the worst odds of the bunch of getting a character (or rather, did have the worst odds before Starfy and Saki were demolished). Even so, I feel it is noteworthy enough to serve as a true dark-horse candidate. We know that Sakurai is aware of the series, so that does give it an anchoring point. I also think that Ray is enough of a standout character to warrant consideration; a version of Ray is really the only choice here. Ray gets a 15%.

I personally would take a Custom Robo character over any of the others that I mentioned here. I think that the robos from this game look cool, even if they are generic. I also have a personal attachment to the franchise; it brings back fond memories of rushing to my local Blockbuster and scanning all of the possible Gamecube rentals. Some of the games I tried were simply awful, but I actually really loved Custom Robo; I played that game religiously for awhile. Now Blockbuster is out of business; while I did get their DKC Crystal Coconut VHS in their closing sale way back when, I unfortunately didn't grab Custom Robo. 100% want, hands down.

DAY OVER

Let's see if Isaac passed Shulk by again...

#ShulkIsaacWars

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
Isaac
43.07% chance (was 33.97%)
70.21% want (was 68.46%)

The last time we rated Shulk, he managed to surpass Isaac in want for the first time. Unfortunately for Shulk, Isaac wasn't willing to just roll over and accept defeat at the hands of his "rival." Isaac's want score jumped up nearly 2%... to bring him into a dead tie with Shulk. That's right, ladies and gentleman; Shulk and Isaac are tied on the want charts. Of course, the good news doesn't end there for Isaac fans; his absence in the AT bloodbath and the virtual console release of Golden Sun have made the community grant him a 10% chance increase.

Ray
15.61% chance (was 12.85%)
48.46% want (was 45.05%)

It was quite clear who yesterday's star was, and it wasn't Ray; although he did increase by about 3% in both chance and want, he remains a complete filler character on both charts. He's not likely enough that people expect him, but no one can rule him out entirely; he's not wanted enough to break 50%, but he's not hated enough to fall far below. I think this is the last time we'll be rating him, then.

...today... erm... yeah. Well... hrm... how to phrase this.... uh... look, just rate Tingle and Ghirahim in chance and want today. I think you all know who they are... they're so flamboyant that they're hard to miss. Tingle hasn't been seen and is a survivor of the AT bloodbath; Ghirahim has a stage and perhaps the trophy quiz going for him. To make things up to you, we'll be rating some... less abnormal Zelda characters tomorrow in the second part of our Zelda doubleheader; please predict how Tetra, Impa, and Toon Zelda will fare. Nominations are on hold, yada yada yada, I swear on me pirate code of honor... bla bla bla...

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
-Tingle:
Chances: 25%
Want: 10%

-Ghirahim:
Chances: 20%

-Tetra Prediction: 18%

-Impa Prediction: 2%

-Toon Zelda Prediction: 8%

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Ghirahim

Chances - 15% - I don't see him particularly standing much of a chance. In my opinion, Ganondorf is a shoe-in, so that's five Zelda characters from the get go. If we get a new character, it will most likely be limited to one newcomer from the Zelda franchise and he has a LOT of competition to fight with. And with what I believe in (that will be explained in the next day), it most likely won't be him.

Want - 10% - Not really a fan of one-note Zelda characters getting in and I personally found him a bit lame. There is potential for an interesting moveset however, so he's got that going for him.

Tingle

Chances - 30% - He's a notable absentee from the assist trophy massacre, he has a popular series and totally feels like a token Sakurai 'wtf' character considering how unpopular he is in North America and just by looking at his uncanny personality. With that said, nothing concrete has helped or disconfirmed him. For all we know, Great Bay might be returning (with the Direct making it clear that Melee stages will be back) and he could well be reprising his role on that stage. But like I said, there is no evidence that impacts his possible playability status and it's all speculation, but he's more towards the lower end of the spectrum because I just don't see him being playable.

Want - 30% - The sheer anger people will feel if he's on the roster will be worth it. I don't mind Tingle, but he's not the Zelda character that I want in next, hence the low-ish score here.

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Tingle
Chance: 15% - I just don't see it happening.
Want: 5% - He's creepy. He's like a little elf pedophile. To me, he's the equivalent of a middle-aged man running around in spandex shouting fairy words, as though he missed out on his childhood, which is sad both in a good and bad way.

Ghirahim
Chance: 40% - If we got a new Zelda newcomer, I think it would be him. He's someone different and wouldn't potentially be a clone of someone else like, say, Toon Zelda.
Want: 80% - Ghirahim, even though he's more of a boss minion than an actual threat, is far more interesting to me, character-wise, than Zant or Demise ever were. Zant was dark and then went looney-toon crazy, whereas Demise was just the embodiment of evil and that was it. At least Ghirahim had a personality, even if it came across creepy and weird. He was confident and toyed with the player, and yet still had the nerve to ask you to back down. I dunno, I think he was a fun villain.

Tetra prediction: 15% - She's pretty much the same as Toon Zelda, right? But no transformations means she wouldn't be paired with Toon Zelda, so she might be better on her own.
Impa prediction: 10% - Don't usually hear much in regards to her being nominated. I could be wrong.
Toon Zelda prediction: 20% - I'd rather have Tetra than Toon Zelda, to be honest, but I know with the unfinished characters from Brawl, people are going to think she's more likely. Which might be true.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Tingle:
Chance: 55%
More likely than not, but not by much. I feel like we'll get Tingle, or no Zelda character at all.
Want: 90%
Important, recurring, original. I like him, he is one of my top wanted characters.

Ghirahim:
Chance: 30%
I doubt it, but it is possible.
I like the character, but you can't justify putting him in over Tingle or Vaati.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Shulk and Isaac are tied in want? Interesting...
Tingle and Ghirahim have been added to the Directory.
If you have rated either of these characters, check to see what you've said on their days!

Now... I know that a lot of people may disagree when I say this, but I feel as though that Sheik's separate reveal hurt many potential Zelda characters. Zelda and Sheik were considered one slot; now that Sheik takes one slot on her own, this means that we are currently at 4 slots. That 5th slot is guaranteed to go to Ganondorf; it would be preposterous if Ganondorf was cut and got replaced by another character. As such, the Zelda characters have to fight to become the 6th character. I find this to be unlikely unless Mario gets another slot.
As such, these characters will have their chances be decreased.

Tingle
Chance:
5%

There are a ton of options for Zelda. He may be popular in other areas, but Nintendo has caught wind of his hatebase in America.
Tingle survived the bloodbath... but he may have been lucky. I think that he might get saved for later. I think that Tingle is going to be out-competed by Ghirahim, Tetra, and Toon Zelda.
Want: 0%
NO!

Ghirahim
Chance:
10%

I originally gave him a 27%, but that's a bit too high for my eyes. Then I was thinking about giving him around a 15%-20%. As I was doing so... Sheik got confirmed and may have hurt his chances.
Ghirahim shines bright in being a popular, but recent, villain. He may end up being a one-off in the Zelda series. Regardless, he has some popularity in Japan. His popularity isn't as strong as other characters like Shulk, Palutena, King K. Rool, Chrom, and Bandana Dee, but it's at least notable.
I can see Ghirahim get added in the next Smash if he continues to make appearances. I can see Nintendo bring Ghirahim back for his sheer popularity, but I say that Ghirahim's chances are as good as done if he doesn't return.
I say that 10% is pretty respectable.
Oh, and no trophy quiz theory. That won't be accounted for. It doesn't prove anything; to me, it's overthinking.
Want: 90%
I only want Tetra more than Ghirahim as a Zelda character.
I've greatly warmed up to a playable Ghirahim. He could have a fun and hilarious moveset! Definitely something that would bring some awesome diversity on the roster!

Tetra Prediction: 8.73%
I sense a slight decrease. Thank god she can't be burdened with Toon Zelda.
Impa Prediction: 5.01%
She's done.
Toon Zelda Prediction: 12.32%
Probably the most likely Zelda character at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Both of these characters seems plausible for Smash, but my gut says they're crazy longshots. There's also Sheik being made a separate character, practically guaranteeing that Zelda will already have five reps in SSB4 with Ganondorf. What to do, what to do...

Tingle - 5%
One of the more conspicuous survivors of the AT massacre, Tingle is certainly one of the more notable Zelda characters not playable in Smash, but really, should he be playable in Smash? I mean, he's straight up disliked by a large section of the fanbase, he doesn't have that much moveset potential to speak of (though Rupeeland helps at least somewhat), and he'd be yet another awkward non-fighter newcomer when we already have Villager and WFT in the mix, with the likes of Miis, Pac-Man, and even Rhythm Heaven's Chorus Men rumored to be on the way. I can imagine Sakurai picking him, but I think it's far more likely that, if he wants another Zelda character at all, he picks either a more well-liked character and/or one that brings more to the table moveset-wise.
Want - 0% - Frankly, he'd be a pretty insulting pick from a franchise with plenty of awesome fighters in its history.

Ghirahim - 10%
He's got two big things in his favor: he's a popular villain, which really makes him stand out among newcomer possibilities, and he's from a rather recent Zelda game, and if the likes of Rosalina and Greninja are anything to go by, recency really is a useful characteristic to have. The big thing that keeps me from rating Ghirahim any higher is that he's just one in a long history of one-off Zelda villains, and as of yet, the only Zelda villain we've gotten in Smash is the frequently recurring, all-important Ganondorf. Maybe it's just that Smash hasn't had the space to accommodate more Zelda villains, but I'm not convinced Ghirahim is so special a character that he'll be the first one-off to make it in. I guess it ultimately comes down to what kind of Zelda newcomer Sakurai wants, if any, and if he's just a fan of Ghirahim in general. It's possible, but I don't think it's at all likely.
Want - 35% - Simply not a fan of this particular Zelda villain, and it doesn't help that I want Tetra far more, but I could see him being a very cool character.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Tingle's chances: 5% - I think he's the most likely Zelda newcomer right now, but I highly doubt the series will go over five, and Ganondorf's practically a guarantee.
Want: 20% - I don't hate him, but I don't have much interest in him.

Ghirahim's chances: 3% - Again, I don't think we'll get a Zelda newcomer, and I just don't see a one-shot that isn't just Zelda getting in.
Want: 30% - Meh.

Toon Zelda prediction: 6.19%
Tetra prediction: 7.19%
Impa prediction: 4.84%

Last edited:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Chances of a Zelda newcomer: 45%
Toon Zelda: 25%
Tetra: 5%
Ghirahim: 9%
Tingle: 5%
Impa: 1%

Tingle: 5%

Ghirahim: 9%

Tetra: 27.12%
Impa: 3.06%
Toon Zelda: 34%

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
The popularity chart has been updated.

Ghirahim
Chance: 11% - I think getting more than five Zelds reps may be a bit of a stretch honestly. He only really only has his fan base going for him.
Want: 59% - He's not quite as fabulous as Birdo, but I'd still enjoy his inclusion.

Tingle
Chance: 7% - He hasn't made a single appearance in a Zelda title in nearly a decade, and his spin-off series wasn't exactly a hit. Like Ghirahim the only thing this man-child has going for him is his small cult-following.
Want: 0% - He not welcome here.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Ghirahim:

Chance: 65%

WHAT?! 65?! ARE YOU CRAZY?!
HE'S NOT EVEN IMPORTANT TO THE SERIES! HE'S JUST THE FLAVOR OF THE MONTH! HIS POPULARITY IS TOO NEW! THEY'RE ARE WAY MORE ICONIC CHOICES!

Ahem. Let me explain.
Turn your heads to Mario and Pokemon, please.

Now lets take a good look at those series' newcomers...

Interesting...
It appears the other 2 of Nintendo's main series have received characters that are unimportant in the grand scheme of things...
They're also very new, and represent the most recent major installments of the series...
They've become extremely popular, but only recently.
And they both beat:
upload_2014-4-22_21-9-1.jpeg

Toad and Meowth.
The next most iconic choices from the series. Looks like that doesn't matter as much as some of you think, eh?

So for the main 3,
in one corner we have the new "hot" characters in their time of fame, but aren't all that important:

And in the other, we have boring generic little characters that look unexciting for a fighting game, but are important and iconic:

SNORE. :p

Sakurai wanted to give Galaxy/3d World a character, even though we all called it unnecessary.
Sakurai wanted to give Pokemon X/Y a character, even though we all called it unnecessary.
So what else have we been calling unnecessary? Oh yeah, that's right. A Skyward Sword character.

We have our WWHD character, we have our OOT3D character, we have Twilight Princess designs.
It's time for a Skyward Sword character.

And he is incredibly popular. He's done the best out of any Zelda character on any Smash poll I've ever seen. And I see him pop up on Miiverse about... well I'd say he seems to be about #7-10 most requested on there.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ZnX9Z7Xf8glYI8m8fkCFI622q2InLTi-fLCDnhTsKhs/viewanalytics
A youtube poll that shows his popularity.
There's a new major, loved Zelda character in each prominent title.
-Sheik (OoT)
-Skull Kid (MM)
-Tetra (WW)
-Midna (TP)
-Ghirahim (SS)
These are the 5 that after the main 3, appear to the most popular among Zelda fans.
These are the characters that actually got developed, and were interesting. That's why they have fans.
You can even go check the SmashBoards poll to see that Ghirahim is the leader, followed by Tetra/Midna/Ganon, followed by Vaati, followed by Impa/TIngle.

In 1 game he's made a larger impact on the series than Tingle has in multiple appearances.

Ah, but then there are those who doubt a Zelda newcomer altogether.
Well, we've just rated Mewtwo as very likely, we're going to do the same for Jigglypuff.
Remember Brawl's data?
And the SSE late additions?
Toon Link was a last minute clone. They had 5 Mario characters and 5 Pokemon character, yet 3 Zelda characters, and this is most likely why we got last-minute clone Toon Link and data for Toon Zelda/Toon Sheik, Sakurai does want the main 3 equal.
All I have to say is...
A Mario newcomer was, for the most part, doubted. Many saw it as 50/50, but a lot just thought it was unlikely.
A Pokemon newcomer was considered pretty much a definite no because of Brawl + Mewtwo.
People would say there's no one as important as the main 4 Mario characters.
And there's no Pokemon nearly as prominent as Brawl+Mewtwo.

Look at what happened.
Also, the Zelda items don't hurt a Zelda Newcomers chances at all.
Why? Pokeballs.
Yep. So stop saying that.

I don't think the Fi trophy theory means much, but it exists too.

I used to only somewhat want him before Midna was an assist, but now he has my full attention. Gimme.

Zelda's biggest mistake Tingle:

Chance: 5%

Honestly, he's not even as important as people make him out to be.
I know I just called him important and iconic, but let's review his appearances.

Majora's Mask (2000) : He sold you maps throughout the game. A bunch of maps. His dad was a Guide at the Swamp Tourist Center. And that's it.
Oracles of Ages (2001) : He floats in place the whole game in an hidden area. When you finally manage to get to him, he gives you 1 chart. And if you ever go back to him, which you probably didn't, he can expand your Seed Satchel. Seriously, that's it. It's basically just a cameo.
Wind Waker (2003) : You have to walk aimlessly around an island just to rescue him from a random jail cell, then he gives you the Tingle Tuner and a map, and later in the game gives Link a chart. This is his biggest appearance, yet he doesn't even crack the top 5 most important characters in the game. Link, Aryll, Tetra, KORL, Ganondorf. I could argue another 5 characters are even more important than Tingle in Wind Waker. The thing about Tingle is, he's never even close to being a main or vital character, has not been developed as a character, and does not have a canon moveset that can be translated to Smash Bros from Zelda games, but I'll keep going.
Four Swords Adventures: If you leave too many Force Gems around, he takes them. That's it.
Minish Cap (2004) : Pretty much every random NPC from the series so far showed up in this game. And you could fuse Kinstones with every one of these characters. So Tingle is one of those. Yep, pretty much just a cameo.

Appearances since Brawl-time.

Phantom Hourglass (2007) : He isn't actually in this game, there is a poster of him though.
Spirit Tracks (2009) : He isn't actually in this game, there is a statue of him though.
Skyward Sword (2011) : He isn't actually in this game, there is a doll of him in a hidden room though.

Huh. Looks like he hasn't appeared since 2004. Cool.
Yea, Nintendo sort of went Tingle-crazy for 5 years. But stopped. And he has been reduced to a recurring cameo.
Oh... the remake?
Yea, Wind Waker was re-made. That's why we have Toon Link.
Do you seriously think that a remake that didn't even do that well is enough to justify both a clone and an unpopular newcomer?
It's not.
Wind Waker got it's character. It's not like there is a separate toon side-series. It's part of the Zelda series.
Oh, the Tingle series. Forgot about that. How about we take a look at that.
So here's a look at Tingle's poorly-selling Japan-only series :p
Released in 2006. Cool. This is the only one that wasn't Japan-only. The first one. I wonder why? :p
Balloons just like Balloon Fight, eh? Not so unique when Villager already stole those. This released in 2007.
"Too Much Tingle Pack is a Tingle DSiWare app that was released exclusively in Japan on June 24, 2009. It includes several applications like a calculator, a little dancing Tingle image, a fortune teller, a timer, and a coin-flipping minigame. The game can be downloaded for 500 Nintendo Points. It is currently only available in Japan, as DSiWare is region-locked."
Wow. It's not even a game.
"Ripened Tingle's Balloon Trip of Love was released in Japan in August 2009, and has yet to see a European or American release. Similar to Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland, the game starts with an ordinary, 35-year-old man. While he watches a sales program on television, the man learns of a book that is deemed to make its readers popular amongst the ladies. He orders the book, but he gets sucked into the world of a picture book when he opens it and transforms into Tingle. He learns that the only way to get out of the book is to dance with the princess of this world, which is the main goal of the game. The game is a parody of the The Wizard of Oz, where Tingle meets three friends, Kakashi, the scarecrow, Buriki, the tin-woman, and Lion, the lion. Together, they follow the yellow-brick road, and advance from page to page. Unlike the previous installation of this series, this is a point-and-click game. This game was also developed by Vanpool using Nintendo's permission."
I swear. Whoever made this was high.

In his series, he collects women. And I heard it was called something like "too sexual" for a western release. I have no idea what this means, or it's considered this way, but I'm too scared to try any of these out. Or at least the one we actually got.

And not being shown as an assist means nothing. They didn't show every assist. That's why I didn't bump up my score for Isaac or Ray.
They didn't show that many.

Buuut... It's interesting that both Skull Kid and Midna are Zelda assists, but not Tingle...

MY TINGLE THEORY:
questions:
Why does Skull Kid not use the Moon? I thought he'd be a Snorlax clone, not a Palkia clone.
Why are there 2 Zelda assists that aren't Tingle? Where's Tingle?
Now that Jungle Japes is returning from Melee, what other Melee stages will return?
Now that Skull Kid is an assist, what other Majora's Mask content might we be getting?

All can be answerd with one thing.
Great Bay is returning from Melee.
That's why Skull Kid can't use the moon, it appears in the background of that stage.
That's why Tingle's not an assist, he appears on that stage.

Makes perfect sense to me. Majora's Mask was seriously under-represented in Melee and Brawl, and has just received a random popularity spike upwards do to the nasty Zelda cycle.

Like most Zelda fans, I hate Tingle. He's my least favorite videogame character.

Predictions:
Tetra: 7%
3 Zeldas and 2 Links?
No.
However, she is the #2 most likely of the series still.
Toon Zelda: 3%
Same as above but worse cuz clone unable to transform into the actually important and loved version of the character.
Impa: 2%
Cuz Sheik.
She never stood a chance though.
She's recurring, like Tingle. But doesn't actually do anything, like Tingle.
She has no fanbase, however I do want her 80% if she were unique with gimmicky time-based magic.

1. Palutena - 95.23% chance
LITTLE MAC - 88.11% chance
2. Pac-Man - 81.24% chance
MEWTWO - 74.24% chance
3. Shulk - 69.73% chance
4. King K. Rool - 68.75% chance
5. Chrom - 68.72% chance
6. Mii - 55.70% chance
7. Dixie Kong - 49.04% chance
8.Takamaru - 46.06% chance
9. Isaac - 43.07% chance
10. Ridley - 33.02% chance

Isaac stayed at #9

MEWTWO - 81.58% want
1. King K. Rool - 78.88% want
2. Palutena - 77.93% want
LITTLE MAC - 77.00% want
3. Ridley - 74.60% want
4. Banjo Kazooie - 72.57% want
5. Shulk - 70.21% want
5. Isaac - 70.21% want
6. Pac-Man - 60.25% want
7. Bomberman - 59.83% want
8. Robin - 59.64% want
9. Takamaru - 57.21% want
10. Lip - 57.09 want

TIE! LIP IS BACK!
Same numbers. Nothing really changed. But dat tie...

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Tingle

Chance: 4%
I honestly can't see him fighting in Smash Bros. I find it difficult to picture him being a good
fighter at all. Even though he hasn't been shown off yet, I don't believe that he will move above
his current rank as an Assist Trophy. That is if we don't get Great Bay back like some people
have been speculating.

Definitely my least wanted Zelda newcomer, if we will even get one this time around. I can't
understand why some people want him as a playable fighter in the next Smash Bros. I don't
mean to steal Xenigma's words, but I pretty much had the same exact thought beforehand
when I say that I feel as if it would be pretty insulting to the Zelda franchise if the next playable
character to represent it is Tingle. There are other perfectly good Zelda candidates to choose from.

Ghirahim

Chance: 32%
I don't believe that Ghirahim has as much of a shot as some people might think. The Skyward Sword
stage in the Wii U version of Smash 4 along with the abundance of Skyward Sword themed items
is really all that I see going for him. People have been speculating that because Rosalina and Greninja
have gotten in even though they're pretty recent characters, Ghirahim's chances have risen. I don't believe
that is the case as Rosalina isn't really all that recent to begin with, while Greninja, although a new
Pokemon, will most likely be used again as the series goes on. Now Mario Galaxy came out almost 7
years ago, and Rosalina is a character that has become a staple in the franchise along with gaining popularity.
Skyward Sword came out almost three years ago, and Ghirahim is more likely than not just a one-shot
antagonist in the Zelda franchise. I don't think he will get added only for the new Zelda for the Wii U to come
out in a couple years and literally have nothing to do with the character. Unless I'm wrong and it does happen
to feature Ghirahim in some important role, I can't see a character that can easily be forgotten as time goes
on to make it into Smash.

Want: 17%
Ghirahim could make an interesting fighter as there are a decent amount of moves that could be pulled directly
from Skyward Sword. Ultimately though, I'm just not that interested in him being the next Zelda representative
in Smash 4. There's really nothing that I can do about that as it's just my personal opinion.

Last edited:

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Tingle
Chance: 8%

Let me start out by saying that the Legend of Zelda is my favorite series from Nintendo. I have played every single one (except the CDi ones,) so I'm saying this from the bottom of my heart: Tingle is one of the worst characters from the Zelda universe, and would be an absolutely terrible addition to Smash. Its a good thing that many people share this view, so thankfully he is not very popular. There are also much better choices available. I'm not going to say much else about him.

Ghirahim
Chance: 12.5%
Want: 85%

His chances aren't very good. Judging on what happened to Midna, being a one shot character from the Zelda series where, once again, there are much better choices. I do like him as a character, I just dont see him as too likely.

Predictions
Toon Zelda prediction: 4.2%
Tetra prediction: 7.7%
Impa prediction: 6.3%%

D

Deleted member

Tingle

Chance: 0%

+ He survived the IRON FIST OF SAKURAI during the Assist Trophy montage.
-- As Fi would say it: There is a 100% chance that the Great Bay stage from Melee is going to return in the 3DS version of Super Smash Bros.

Want: 50%

I never hated Tingle (except in The Wind Waker), but I'm indifferent to him appearing in Smash as a playable character.

Ghirahim

Chance: 50%

+ Why have a Skyward Sword stage when Link and Zelda are based on their Twilight Princess incarnations?
-- I have a hunch that Sora/Namco Bandai will just add Ganondorf and call it a day.

Ghirahim would be a unique and interesting addition to Smash Bros. Plus, I always liked his flamboyant personality and animations.

Predictions

Toon Zelda: 0%
Tetra: 10% - It's another incarnation of Zelda, but she can be unique.
Impa: 0%

Excuse my habits of saying "hunch" and "call it a day."

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Tinge
Chance 0 - cant see it
Want: 0% - God no
Girahim
Chance 10%- cant see it
Want 50%- Meh