• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate the song posted above thread! (seriously listen!)

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Whoa, I thought I would be rating this below 3/10 in the intro. Rap? Not too much in the terms of melody / cool instruments? Annoying backing vocal stuff? Get out of there. But it really picks up at 1:15. Dunno, still not too much going on, but it feels really powerful with the change in instrumentalisation, which is totally enough for me to actually start enjoying the song.

Haha, just was curious enough to look up the artist (I think he's rather famous actually, right? Well, I don't tend to know those :D) and I learned that the high pitched voice samples are actually a trademark of his. I don't think they sound too well, or go with the song nicely, but that's probably just something one has to get used to like everything else.
So well, decent enough rap after the intro. Giving this a 6.5/10.

Also: This is obviously just a slightly more wordy way to get to the part that I actually wanted to do, which is of course posting a song:
Thergothon - The Unknown Kadath In The Cold Waste http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOICPaHgwAg

If your audience can tell whether your drummer fell asleep halfway through the song, you're doing it wrong!

theeboredone

Smash Legend
You can easily hear the bass in every song I ever made. I don't think it's wrong, I like the sound of it with the melodies.

I don't like the high pitched voice, its very unnecessary and I don't think it helps the song. I like the short snare roll in the drum beat but I don't like the snare, the volume is too low and this snare sample doesnt match the kick imo. I like the instrument at 2:44. I don't think I heard anything like it before. I felt like the song was lacking high notes. A few high notes on the piano would have been nice to hear through out the song.
4/5
I found this song from someone's skype status
Sleeping with Sirens - Free Now
Xyzz, you reviewed the wrong song.

Not a real fan of his voice. It sort of turns me off to the meaning of the song, even though it has a real good and easy to understand meaning behind it. I also think the instrumentals are pretty generic for the most part. Nothing special going on. I preferred more of his low key, "talking" voice as opposed to when he goes all high pitch on you. It's an okay song. A better singing voice + a not so generic background music would have improved this significantly.

No thank you
I'll pass
It aiiite
I'll stream it
Awesome Possum

Green Day - 21 Guns

Curmudgeon

Smash Ace
Sorry I'm not a fan of the genre, I prefer songs that use real instruments. The vocals are the best part of the song, but I can barely enjoy them because they're covered with many layers of sounds. The song isn't really enjoyable for me. I'll give it a 4/10.

System of a Down - Thetawaves

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'm personally not a big fan of Green Day, especially 21 guns. The genre isn't really my taste either. With that said, it's an alright song. It's just not my taste. 2/5

Alright, here's mine: Ellie Goulding - High For This (The Weekend Cover) (Omeguh Bootleg)
My favorite kind of reviews. When all you gotta say is "it's not my thing".

Sorry I'm not a fan of the genre, I prefer songs that use real instruments. The vocals are the best part of the song, but I can barely enjoy them because they're covered with many layers of sounds. The song isn't really enjoyable for me. I'll give it a 4/10.

System of a Down - Thetawaves
Gotta love Serj's voice. One of my all time favorite singers. I think this is a pretty good song. Short and sweet to the point. Doesn't drag things out unlike other songs. The main rhythm they use is not something I'm a fan of when it's extended into a 3-4 minute song anyways. I like the lyrics. You really can't go wrong with SOAD. I'm not going to say I've listened to all their songs, but it's interesting that they have the habit of just ending the song abruptly.

No thank you
I'll pass
It aiiite
I'll stream it
Awesome Possum

Weezer - Say It Ain't So

Deathconsciousness

Banned via Administration
My favorite kind of reviews. When all you gotta say is "it's not my thing".

Gotta love Serj's voice. One of my all time favorite singers. I think this is a pretty good song. Short and sweet to the point. Doesn't drag things out unlike other songs. The main rhythm they use is not something I'm a fan of when it's extended into a 3-4 minute song anyways. I like the lyrics. You really can't go wrong with SOAD. I'm not going to say I've listened to all their songs, but it's interesting that they have the habit of just ending the song abruptly.

No thank you
I'll pass
It aiiite
I'll stream it
Awesome Possum

Weezer - Say It Ain't So
Decent feel-good music from Weezer. I love Pinkerton, but it's quite a shame these guys never did anything that could even compare to that album afterwards... I dig the lyrics; it's pretty obvious what they're about, heh. Don't really know what else to say, great to rock out to and yeah i can dig it

3/5

Giles Corey - Blackest Bile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6etHhtQCugI
;~;

Curmudgeon

Smash Ace

Oh man, I remember years back I used to listen a lot to "Pork and Beans" haha :bee: Well, "Say It Ain't So"... first of all, the song feels like it's longer than it should be. Also, the chorus is great but I feel the intensity is lost with the long quiet verses. Though I should admit it's way better than Weezer's recent stuff. I'll give it a 6/10.

Another SOAD song! This has a weird pop-like vibe :awesome:

System of a Down - Old School Hollywood

EDIT: Ninja'd :ohwell:

"Blackest Bile" sounds very strange, reminds of the Submerged Castle's song in Pikmin 2. The whole atmosphere of the song is scary but intriguing. It gives you the same feeling as The Beatles' "Revolution 9" of eeriness. Sounds like a song from the 60's, and that's a good thing. The singer also gives this vibe of melancholy, I don't know, I kinda liked it. 8/10, would listen again.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
One reason I like SOAD is only they would make these sort of songs. Not many artists that think of random topics to make. To be honest, I'm not a fan when the back up vocals becomes the "lead" singer (Lonely Day). However, he's not really singing, and it's more or less in bursts. I also like the robotic voice that goes well with the instruments. A sort of "dangerous" vibe to it. Can't go wrong with Serj's voice as usual. Lyrics are alright. I get what the song is about, but I wish they had one more verse or a longer one.

No thank you
I'll pass
It aiiite
I'll stream it
Awesome Possum

The Weepies - Gotta Have You

Deathconsciousness

One reason I like SOAD is only they would make these sort of songs. Not many artists that think of random topics to make. To be honest, I'm not a fan when the back up vocals becomes the "lead" singer (Lonely Day). However, he's not really singing, and it's more or less in bursts. I also like the robotic voice that goes well with the instruments. A sort of "dangerous" vibe to it. Can't go wrong with Serj's voice as usual. Lyrics are alright. I get what the song is about, but I wish they had one more verse or a longer one.

No thank you
I'll pass
It aiiite
I'll stream it
Awesome Possum

The Weepies - Gotta Have You
Sounds like the kind song they'd play in a Spotify commercial or something tbh Idk it's pretty nice I guess, the vocals kinda suck, I dig the instrumentation. Its got a twee vibe to it, which is cool.

3/5

Red House Painters - 24
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwTA2ekGZCE

Nice song, it's a bit slow and dark but I like it. The vocals are great, the bass is awesome, the guitar and drums are cool too. I liked a lot this song, I'll probably listen more of this band later. 9/10

Now one of my all time favorites

Nirvana - Lounge Act

I dig it. It's ominous and creeps up on you near the end. I can't help but feel that it's missing something though. 7/10

Now time to flip the switch with something more upbeat with a lil funk

Wale ft. Cee Lo Green - Gullible

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jWx5I2KOws

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
When the kick came in, I started to enjoy the song. I love the instruments, the drum beat and the rhythm of the verses. The verses are very catchy and made me feel happy, but I did not like the chorus. The chorus is boring and slows down the fast paced song.
3.5/5
Waterflame - Skewed Paths
Definitely an interesting vibe from this song's beginning, has a Luigi's Mansion meets Nine Inch Nails vibe to it. The only real problem is that I'm looking for a hook, and one never really does come. The song would definitely benefit from some form of lead, but it just dives into more ambient rhythm instead, like its just throwing itself out there a a canvas for somebody else to lay something down on. The higher atmospheric notes in the middle only prove my point, being there only for background purposes. There's no forefront, no push to the song. Then, at six minutes, the rhythm drops into a more dubstep-stylised flow. The synth doing the higher notes in the back aren't loud enough in the mix for me to consider them an actual lead, but with how it is they are just more ambience.

4/10.

My song: Evan Brewer - Microscopic Scale

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
i think you should write enough that it is apparent that you actually listened to the entire thing. some people just can't write about music because they don't know how to articulate anything that is going on or explain their feelings beyond "i liked it/i didn't like it" but it's nice to read something that shows that the person who reviewed your song gives even a tiny **** about it as opposed to just coming in to post whatever song they want to post.

but, as this thread and this entire subforum has like zero moderation that kind of thing is hard to enforce, so who cares i guess.

@Evan Brewer "Microscopic Scale"

unbelievably funky beginning. it's like Herbie Hancock on adderall. it kind of loses me with the proggy phaser riff around 40 seconds, i dont really like phasers. then it gets good again with the piano.

good song title because though its instrumental it feels very micro-organic, like the sound of slime being born.

the electric piano jig **** definitely throws me off. idk how i feel about that part.

hmm it seems like this song likes to switch from a really amazing part, to a weird part that kinda sucks, and then to another awesome part, and then another weird ****ty part. interesting song structure and i love anything that goes through as much changes as this does, but it doesn't really come together for me at any point. the different sections feel very different from eachother.

2/5

deafheaven "sunbather" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylTY9WbMGDc

Deathconsciousness

i think you should write enough that it is apparent that you actually listened to the entire thing. some people just can't write about music because they don't know how to articulate anything that is going on or explain their feelings beyond "i liked it/i didn't like it" but it's nice to read something that shows that the person who reviewed your song gives even a tiny **** about it as opposed to just coming in to post whatever song they want to post.

but, as this thread and this entire subforum has like zero moderation that kind of thing is hard to enforce, so who cares i guess.

@Evan Brewer "Microscopic Scale"

unbelievably funky beginning. it's like Herbie Hancock on adderall. it kind of loses me with the proggy phaser riff around 40 seconds, i dont really like phasers. then it gets good again with the piano.

good song title because though its instrumental it feels very micro-organic, like the sound of slime being born.

the electric piano jig **** definitely throws me off. idk how i feel about that part.

hmm it seems like this song likes to switch from a really amazing part, to a weird part that kinda sucks, and then to another awesome part, and then another weird ****ty part. interesting song structure and i love anything that goes through as much changes as this does, but it doesn't really come together for me at any point. the different sections feel very different from eachother.

2/5

deafheaven "sunbather" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylTY9WbMGDc

Black metal music has came a long way to arrive at this current juncture. What a marvelous moment. Let us rejoice.

First off, Sunbather is one of my AOTYs, it's just so good. I know a lot of people don't seem to agree, but I LOVE this whole blackgaze (shoegaze/black metal) trend going around, with bands like Planning for Burial, Airs (check out their most recent album, "Adore" btw, it's quite good), and Have a Nice Life (although HANL's sound is a bit darker compared to their contemporaries). It's just the sound I was always looking for in music, just beautiful. Anyways, Deafheaven. A LOT of people seem to be hyping this band because of their new album, and I can see why. The beautiful shoegazy soundscapes, the great songwriting and lyrics (although they are kinda fruity), and the originality. No band has created a song (and album) like this, so maybe that's why I even consider this album a landmark in the current blackgaze "movement." I don't know why people don't like Deafheaven's vocals, maybe it's because they're not that into music with screaming vocals, but I love them. They really add to the song's "gigantic" atmosphere, as pretentious as that may sound. Not sure what else to say... If you haven't listened to this album, folks, PLEASE give it a listen, I hope you see how great it is. :)

4.5/5

(Again, if you want an album like Sunbather, please check out "Adore," by Airs.)

Have a Nice Life - The Big Gloom
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBxQR1lcbSo

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
another band that previously scratched that emotional black-metal post-rock itch for me is Lantlos, and actually almost anything Neige is involved with is very obviously a huge influence on Deafheaven (one of the guitarists was even wearing an Alcest shirt at the show i went to a few weeks ago. btw if you have a chance to see deafheaven especially on this tour don't miss it even if you're not crazy about the album. it was nearly lifechanging for me). I'm excited to listen to that Airs album!

@Have a Nice Life- Big Gloom

this is nice and, well, pleasantly gloomy. the singing didn't really grab me at first, but it slowly builds and introduces harmonies and soon takes on this ethereal shimmer that sounds more than human. with this kind of music, i prefer vocals that are extremely washed out and indecipherable, and some of these ones are oddly a little TOO clear for me. i think it's just because it's mixed more loudly than i usually like for this shoegaze-y style. i like how lo-fi the quality of everything is though.

i enjoyed it a bit! the singing really never hits home for me. beyond the reverb effects and overdubs, i just don't really like the voice and it seems like it takes over too much of the song making most everything else seem much smaller. if it was a girl singing i would probably be in love.

3.5/5

Xiu Xiu "i do what i want when i want"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhsIcUf36c4

Deathconsciousness

another band that previously scratched that emotional black-metal post-rock itch for me is Lantlos, and actually almost anything Neige is involved with is very obviously a huge influence on Deafheaven (one of the guitarists was even wearing an Alcest shirt at the show i went to a few weeks ago. btw if you have a chance to see deafheaven especially on this tour don't miss it even if you're not crazy about the album. it was nearly lifechanging for me). I'm excited to listen to that Airs album!

@Have a Nice Life- Big Gloom

this is nice and, well, pleasantly gloomy. the singing didn't really grab me at first, but it slowly builds and introduces harmonies and soon takes on this ethereal shimmer that sounds more than human. with this kind of music, i prefer vocals that are extremely washed out and indecipherable, and some of these ones are oddly a little TOO clear for me. i think it's just because it's mixed more loudly than i usually like for this shoegaze-y style. i like how lo-fi the quality of everything is though.

i enjoyed it a bit! the singing really never hits home for me. beyond the reverb effects and overdubs, i just don't really like the voice and it seems like it takes over too much of the song making most everything else seem much smaller. if it was a girl singing i would probably be in love.

3.5/5

Xiu Xiu "i do what i want when i want"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhsIcUf36c4
word

3/5

The Tammys - Egyptian Shumba
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er8PN385PEA

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
yea yea i **** with it 10/10 tybg

2/5

Kanye West - Never Let Me Down
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgtZHXEmvFQ
I love the female vocals, it's so catchy. I like the drum beat too. It's soft and in the background, not right in front of your face. I think the song is too long. If it's going to be 5 minutes long, it should have much more variation to keep the listener's attention. I would have liked to hear a few more instruments through out the song, like a piano. If there was already a piano, it was too low to hear. I did not like the hi hat pattern. I prefer to hear a catchy rhythm with hi hats.
4/5
Famous Last Words - My Chemical Romance

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
I love the female vocals, it's so catchy. I like the drum beat too. It's soft and in the background, not right in front of your face. I think the song is too long. If it's going to be 5 minutes long, it should have much more variation to keep the listener's attention. I would have liked to hear a few more instruments through out the song, like a piano. If there was already a piano, it was too low to hear. I did not like the hi hat pattern. I prefer to hear a catchy rhythm with hi hats.
4/5
Famous Last Words - My Chemical Romance
The Black Parade was the album that caused my falling out with this band, it all just became a rather cliche mess of average rock at that point. Saying that, this particular song had some fun guitar parts, though everything else just seems to lag behind. A failed attempt at a rock anthem.

5/10

My song: I The Mighty - Failures

The Ben

Smash Journeyman
It's perfectly alright. It's middle of the road rock with some really try-hard-to-be-deep lyricism, though written well enough to be mostly catchy somehow. I do like some of the riffing and the guitar tone a bit, but the song is structured in a slightly disjointed way and it doesn't really do any service to the song. The vocals were alright, nothing special but fitting the music well enough to be enjoyable. It's likeable but not something I'd go out of my way for. 6/10

KMFDM - Tohuvabohu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4XT256HnXE

JC Shine Studios

Smash Apprentice
It's perfectly alright. It's middle of the road rock with some really try-hard-to-be-deep lyricism, though written well enough to be mostly catchy somehow. I do like some of the riffing and the guitar tone a bit, but the song is structured in a slightly disjointed way and it doesn't really do any service to the song. The vocals were alright, nothing special but fitting the music well enough to be enjoyable. It's likeable but not something I'd go out of my way for. 6/10

KMFDM - Tohuvabohu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4XT256HnXE
Interesting pick, pretty fast tempo and quick riffs, and I liked the synths a lot towards the midpoint of the track. Although altogether I feel like the production falls a little flat? I guess? As well, the lyrics are topically in a pretty good direction but they lack substance. Overall not bad but I think it could be a lot better

(5/10) [Negative-Neutral]

Here's my track! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37jiv0580HA

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
Interesting pick, pretty fast tempo and quick riffs, and I liked the synths a lot towards the midpoint of the track. Although altogether I feel like the production falls a little flat? I guess? As well, the lyrics are topically in a pretty good direction but they lack substance. Overall not bad but I think it could be a lot better

(5/10) [Negative-Neutral]

Here's my track! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37jiv0580HA
Interesting beginning, the static sort of threw me off a bit, but in a good way, it added depth to the simple riff. I'm not too sure how I feel about the transition, it could've been executed a bit smoother. At the same time, the next riff is definitely interesting, although a bit off-putting compared to the first part of the song. It's almost like its trying too hard to be technical, yet carry the emotion of calm throughout. The drumming actually takes away from the experience here. Maybe if the guitar had a bit more to it, it wouldn't seem so forced on the percussion end. All that being said, I don't think this song benefited from the song length, it would've been much easier to convey/flow with a shorter time span.

5/10

My song: Novallo - Angle Of Perception

Deathconsciousness

Interesting beginning, the static sort of threw me off a bit, but in a good way, it added depth to the simple riff. I'm not too sure how I feel about the transition, it could've been executed a bit smoother. At the same time, the next riff is definitely interesting, although a bit off-putting compared to the first part of the song. It's almost like its trying too hard to be technical, yet carry the emotion of calm throughout. The drumming actually takes away from the experience here. Maybe if the guitar had a bit more to it, it wouldn't seem so forced on the percussion end. All that being said, I don't think this song benefited from the song length, it would've been much easier to convey/flow with a shorter time span.

5/10

My song: Novallo - Angle Of Perception
Yeah, I'm not a big fan of djent (math metal) music. The singing sounds like Rise Against ffs, the song doesn't seem to go anywhere, the whole thing just makes me feel claustrophobic, if that makes sense. Like I said, although I do enjoy music with screaming vocals, (Cap'n Jazz, Orchid, I Wrote Haikus About Cannibalism in Your Yearbook, etc.) it's done pretty horribly here. Idk, the lyrics are interesting, I'll give you that. :S

1.5/5

SpaceGhostPurrp - My Enemie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbsR_Js-ik4

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
i hate to be semantic, but djent isn't really synonymous with "math metal"/mathcore. i'm only bringing it up because mathcore is probably my favorite subgenre of rock/metal and djent is a horrible trendy usage of Meshuggah-rip off riffs and rhythms with literally copy/pasted digitized guitar tones. its the brostep of metal/hardcore. that Novallo definitely falls under vanilla djent music as far as guitar and drums go, but it's neat that it spices it up a little bit with the vocals and weird synth sounds.

but er that's not the song i'm sposed to review!

@SpaceGhostPurrp:

very nice flow and i just enjoy the very laidback relaxed delivery, which reminds me of a slightly more spacey Blu. tho the lyrics are completely forgettable mediocrity for the most part it really doesnt matter. just great smoking music hahaha. good spacey beat that makes me want to meditate or fall asleep.in a good way

4/5

Irepress- Cyette Phur http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gDmt71GE0o

JC Shine Studios

Smash Apprentice
fairly lame and gets boring halfway. heard much better post-rock in my life. don't know what else to say w/e lul .____.

2/5

Lil Ugly Mane - Radiation (Lung Pollution)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJrll5fwhqY
GOD DAMN ***** I WAS JUST LISTENING TO THIS

Production quality is very nice with neat samplings thrown throughout the track
The flow and diction for lil ugly mane as well as supa sortahuman on both verses is phenomenal, and the transition from the first to the 2nd is done very well
The lyricism is incredibly real, topical thug material. And it's done in the best kind of way.

Overall its a good fun filthy as **** track and you're either going to love it or hate it depending on wether or not you can get into the whole dirty gansta rap style of hip-hop.

8/10 [Positive]

My track http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3z3-Mjwl8E

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
fairly lame and gets boring halfway. heard much better post-rock in my life. don't know what else to say w/e lul .____.

2/5

Lil Ugly Mane - Radiation (Lung Pollution)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJrll5fwhqY
postrock, hmm, what

anyways, @ William Bonney "Monsters"

i really like this. fantastic vocals, and really catchy musically. the lead guitar tone is gorgeous, and i overall love the lack of heavy distortion on everything. the lyrics are great too. i like it!

4/5

Chromatics "Gemini" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dApyRfha1Pg

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
postrock, hmm, what

anyways, @ William Bonney "Monsters"

i really like this. fantastic vocals, and really catchy musically. the lead guitar tone is gorgeous, and i overall love the lack of heavy distortion on everything. the lyrics are great too. i like it!

4/5

Chromatics "Gemini" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dApyRfha1Pg
Definitely an interesting intro, the eerie yet hopeful keys with the spoken word are quite nice, it's a soothing vibe with an eerie foreshadowing that's done spectacularly well with such simple instruments. The only thing I feel it needs is maybe another instrument to come in, maybe something like some distant soft percussion or a soft piano, just for a progression to complete the idea they are presenting. Aside from that gripe, quite the simple, yet emotionally abstract piece!

7.5/10

My song: Orchid - New Jersey vs. Valhalla

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion

That crunchy tone! Very enticing. Less heavy than a headbang and more than an air guitar so I'm torn between which I feel like doing most.
Just about all the lyrics are incomprehensible to me, but that's just as well. I don't need much more than the scream to really feel the brunt of intensity the song goes for.
Is it wrong that the last few seconds made this song as a whole feel structured... like sex? There's all that intensity throughout, different tempos as you go, then there are those last impassioned moments right as it ends and you kinda just wish it lasted longer.

:urg::ohwell::)[:bee:]:awesome:

The 1975 - "Chocolate"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfBKqaVk2Co

Deathconsciousness

That crunchy tone! Very enticing. Less heavy than a headbang and more than an air guitar so I'm torn between which I feel like doing most.
Just about all the lyrics are incomprehensible to me, but that's just as well. I don't need much more than the scream to really feel the brunt of intensity the song goes for.
Is it wrong that the last few seconds made this song as a whole feel structured... like sex? There's all that intensity throughout, different tempos as you go, then there are those last impassioned moments right as it ends and you kinda just wish it lasted longer.

:urg::ohwell::)[:bee:]:awesome:

The 1975 - "Chocolate"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfBKqaVk2Co
feels all over the place, vox suck ass. song p much sucks ass. idk pretty annoying and lame i guess. and stuff. word.

1/5

The Microphones - The Moon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbpSkTPr1g0
absolutely ****ing revolutionary

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
feels all over the place, vox suck ***. song p much sucks ***. idk pretty annoying and lame i guess. and stuff. word.

1/5

The Microphones - The Moon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbpSkTPr1g0
absolutely ****ing revolutionary
really liked the beginning. then it turned all joy division-ey. its still not bad i guess. horns are nice. vocals are somewhere between plain wallpaper and incredibly weiney-esque. overall kinda makes me want to study my navel!

3/5

oneohtrix point never "betrayed in the octagon" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqAfMgwYouM

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
really liked the beginning. then it turned all joy division-ey. its still not bad i guess. horns are nice. vocals are somewhere between plain wallpaper and incredibly weiney-esque. overall kinda makes me want to study my navel!

3/5

oneohtrix point never "betrayed in the octagon" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqAfMgwYouM
I'd be lying if I said I didn't think the opening synth tones didn't remind me of Horse The Band, it definitely has that "Desperate Living" vibe to it. I also really appreciate the lack of percussion in the song, because its short enough to hold your attention with its simple yet interesting progressions anyway. That being said, I'm left longing for something more at the end, maybe because the song feels almost like an interlude, made to accompany a larger, more defined track.

7/10

My song: Follow The White Rabbit - Few Stories Of A Deserted Forest

Deathconsciousness

I'd be lying if I said I didn't think the opening synth tones didn't remind me of Horse The Band, it definitely has that "Desperate Living" vibe to it. I also really appreciate the lack of percussion in the song, because its short enough to hold your attention with its simple yet interesting progressions anyway. That being said, I'm left longing for something more at the end, maybe because the song feels almost like an interlude, made to accompany a larger, more defined track.

7/10

My song: Follow The White Rabbit - Few Stories Of A Deserted Forest
Nice soundscapes and time signatures, very well produced too. kinda reminds me of Mogwai actually. Strangely enough, the vocals are actually really nice and fitting on this song, despite the fact that I don't really **** with mathcore that much. They remind of Roy Khan from Kamelot, not sure why though, great singing voice indeed. I'm definitely going to check out more stuff by this band, see if I can one day appreciate this genre :3

3.5/5

Airs - Scott Pilgrim vs. You
http://www.last.fm/music/Airs/_/Scott+Pilgrim+vs.+You

Top Bottom