• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Game And Watch

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Space better.
Don't roll, upB.
Don't use Chef to edgeguard, you have much better options.
Get better at killing, there were many instances where you could have landed a lethal smash on him but didn't.
Learn to Bucket Brake.
Nice KO at the end.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Upload that **** in high quality, my eyes are bleeding.

Also, what happened to poor dedede? Was that wifi??!

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
the dee dee dee died to record the match,probably wifi
that marth seemed alright,alot of times i saw him just swaying back and forth and he got hit anyway o_o

as for the match
needs better spacing less bacon on the edge as said....go for fairs,nairs,or even edgeguard with dtilt,it seems to work against marth

as for the approaches,this is my opinion,but i say never approach marth with fair or nair in front when he's on the ground,his attacks are longer and he will get you instead

bucket breaking helps
http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=CA&hl=en&v=UuXBIYnMuTE

that explains how to do it

overall good G&W:)

Gishnak

Smash Ace
The Marth made alot of mistakes. Many, many times he could've punished your approaches. He wasn't, so I guess what you kept doing was alright. More grabbing Marth when you are right next to him. Edgeguarding with fair against Marth... Use it earlier! The weak fair gimps him!

More full hop bair also. Sh bair was working against this Marth. But it won't against better Marths. Full hop bair is one of your best approaches against Marth.

unit182

Smash Apprentice
This WAS on lagfi, but I have a blue connection with the other player, so it's basically like offline

unit182

Smash Apprentice
basically does not mean that it is exactly like offline, it's just the closest simulation to offline you can get with lagfi. I prolly should've elaborated on that statement

cutter

Smash Champion
Regardless, the match was still played on wifi. You cannot get a lag free game on there like you can offline no matter how good the connection is.

Toast

Smash Rookie
Be a bit more aggressive. I couldn't tell if you were being careful because it's Marth, but you never seemed to follow through with anything. I saw you running away after hitting more than chasing.

Less fair, more bair. At 1:45 - what was that? A properly space bair would have fixed that. And at 1:50-ish. Three missed fairs in a row? Really?
At 3:45 - you TURNED AROUND to set up a (failed) fair. SH Bair would have been great.

Learn your grab range. You missed (I think) twice, both times when he wasn't shielding and was in dtilt range.

AzNfinesse

Smash Journeyman
a little too defensive for my taste. nothing wrong with it though...just know when to go from defensive play to offensive play. and a couple of things that I noticed:

- you missed out on some great opportunities to capitalize on some of marth's openings. shield grab a bit more when you're on the defensive.

- you did dthrow to dtilt a lot. which is fine, but you have way more options, like a jab chain grab or a tech chase upsmash. and you don't necessarily have to throw marth down. a lot of people expect a dthrow from GnW so you can use that to your advantage.

- your second kill at 3:24 could've been easily bucked braked. when you get knocked out like that, try to get used to using nair more then follow up with a bucket.

- you also have the same problem i did with my fairs (which the habit is broken btw. thx fellow GnW players). use it when you're confident that it'll hit. using a full jump may not have lag, but the delay from using it leaves you wide open to faster characters that play smart. this marth was pretty slow IMO.

- you really need to work on your spacing with bair, especially against characters like marth that can punish you for poor spacing.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
Regardless, the match was still played on wifi. You cannot get a lag free game on there like you can offline no matter how good the connection is.
whats the difference?
a person's game doesn't drop that much when you're on wifi
the only excuse is when the lag is so unbearable ,you cant even move

otherwise,this guys game looked okay

it should be taken as any ordinary match
regardless if its wifi

Top Bottom