• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ranbat monthlies SC 8/14/2010

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
First day of my summer class today. They did the whole "introduce yourself" bull**** so I talked about Melee for a bit, lol, like I usually do.
This one dude after class says he knows 2 people up in Lexington/Columbia area who are "so good that nobody likes playing with them"
to which I replied "they'll probably feel that way about me"

so I'm trying to get their contact info so I can let them know about this ranbat and we can all take turns ****** and humiliating them
assuming of course they suck

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
@ RC ~ You are a fcking genius...

I say bring it, and if they like driving hell they can come to my tourneys too...

Also, I'm in uber practice mode preparing my Marth and Shiek for SUPER High Level play

and my Falcon and Fox for ****s and giggles

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
Yooo that sounds great. An I believe my friend Gerald is coming too. This is great. An i can't wait for blazeblue to come out at the end of the month. We'll have tourneies in that too.

Darkfire150

Smash Cadet
I'm taking a complete shot in the dark here, but is there ANY chance that brawl would be there next month? If not, how can I help to make it happen?

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Honestly Dark, most of the good Brawl players of SC live upstate, so you're better off not even bothering with Columbia. Pretty sure Thunder went to Clemson now and he was like the main Columbia guy as far as I knew.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
I'm taking a complete shot in the dark here, but is there ANY chance that brawl would be there next month? If not, how can I help to make it happen?
ill play brawl with you, i used to be number three in the SC lol.

but i dont really know anyone else that would come to this.

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
hey dark, I don't know if we'd be able to hold brawl at ranbat. I think were not having ranbat for a while. I know omega in rock hill supports it. But i don't know how much support its been getting lately.

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
lmao. I completely agree. I hopes that never happens again. At scha's toruney this past winter. we had more out of state then instate .

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
lmao. I completely agree. I hopes that never happens again. At scha's toruney this past winter. we had more out of state then instate .

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
Okay, so July 9th - 11th

G4TV.com will live stream this years EVO Championships...for the record since I can't come to this...

I'll be watching some SSFIV action all weekend lol

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
Actually, I would be here...but no money or ride equals no attendance

but, I'm rooting for any Makoto player to place high -- I'm also watching MvC 3 exhibitions and some TvC finals

Did Street Fighter Junkies destroy your house too!?!?

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
Lol naw. Its just that my friends are pissed that they get only 3rd in torunies. They hate how tier based the game is.

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
They should check out some Battlefield Arcadia vids...the character selction in those events are pretty diverse...it shows kinda how SSFIV got balanced in ways

It depends on where you are, but Melee is the same way...if you dont play top and high tier you lose (usually)

Also, BlazBlue: Continum Shift -- that **** is gonna be FIRE

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
just a follow up to earlier, the two guys who "can't be beaten" from Lexington are out of town this week so they won't be making it to this

one of them thinks he's unbeatable at Smash 64
Dill, I found you a challenger : )

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
you know you play melee right?
lol I know. Its just that in melee even though that bad matches and crap. U can have a lil bit of options. It is true though melee is tier based. its just not as bad as ssf4. But definetly not as balanced as guilty or blaze. Ohh man i can't wait for that to come out on the 27th. Best believe i will be on line after day two.

Lol i did like that vid austin. But yeah I can't wait for the tourney. An yeah summer classes do suck when their hard. But it is quick an rushed. I hope we have a good turn out like last time. An the place opens a 10 for friendlies. Then after the tourney at 11:20 we should have alot of time left to do other stuff. Sniff sniff too bad snap will be at his nc tourney. Sighh.....

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I wouldn't blame anyone for not coming to this in liewuwua (can't spell) of a boss NC tourney. Hell, I would, if I was in that position.

But I'm actually apparently gonna sleep with someone later that night in Columbia so I have DOUBLE AGENDA.

I'll be there at 10, Terence.

Though I must disagree with you about the balance issues you raised. IMO SSF4 is actually pretty legit in it's balance. Only characters that seem truly shafted are Gen and Hakan. Everyone else at least has some kind of chance. Thankfully Sagat don't get free wins as much and Ryu is toned a bit. Although Rufus, Abel, and Balrog are pretty high, I still think the game will fare well.

I disagree that GG and BB are more balanced. Both are pretty well balanced, yes, but there is still Eddie in Guilty Gear, last I checked, and he pretty much made me decide to not play the game (if wobbling' Ice Climbers were legal, I'd quit Melee for the same reason) and as for Blaz, well, that game is nicely balanced for the most part. Just so many people ***** about Nu and Arakune.

People ***** in all competitive games but SSF4 is reasonably balanced overall, in fact it's probably my vote for most balanced fighter I've ever played. Melee.... yeah. Melee is... Yeah.

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
Though I must disagree with you about the balance issues you raised. IMO SSF4 is actually pretty legit in it's balance. Only characters that seem truly shafted are Gen and Hakan. Everyone else at least has some kind of chance. Thankfully Sagat don't get free wins as much and Ryu is toned a bit. Although Rufus, Abel, and Balrog are pretty high, I still think the game will fare well.

I disagree that GG and BB are more balanced. Both are pretty well balanced, yes, but there is still Eddie in Guilty Gear, last I checked, and he pretty much made me decide to not play the game (if wobbling' Ice Climbers were legal, I'd quit Melee for the same reason) and as for Blaz, well, that game is nicely balanced for the most part. Just so many people ***** about Nu and Arakune.

People ***** in all competitive games but SSF4 is reasonably balanced overall, in fact it's probably my vote for most balanced fighter I've ever played. Melee.... yeah. Melee is... Yeah.
what nooo man. K with GG at high lvs all characters have a pretty decent chance of wining. In those games they really try and make it match up dependent. for instance you bring up eddie. Even though he is one of the top characters in the game. He doesn't win tournies. Eddie works off of his block string that leads to unblockable. Unlike ice climbers you have ways to get out of this. If u have burst you can blow him and the shadow away. If you just blocking just follow eddie dont worry to much about the shadow, right before eddie does the unblockable you can 1 frame jump out of it. An after which he is left soooo open because he's not allowed to summon the shadow again. Also if your fast, you can hit the shadow. This automatically kills it. I guess that game an blaze appeal to me because no matter what character i fall in love with. I get rewarded for my efforts. I think you should give another try. Shoot will have enough time to play all games tommrow.

an yeah I don't blame snap at all. Hes given more than enough support. Especially since he's going way out his way to come down here. Lol I'd be lying if I said i never thought about going to that tournament lol.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I still stand by my point of SSF4 being more balanced than GG and BB though. Don't know about the new BB cause there still aren't quite enough characters for me yet. I do think they're fairly balanced, but not quite at SSF4 level. I hear a lot of people say Tekken 6 is kinda balanced but IDK, I only hear about Steve allll day and I don't play it. (I prefer'd T5 and TTag)

and Omega... you forgot Ice Climbers and Sheik.

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
Say that to High and Top tier that wins the majority of big man tournaments lol

Thank you for the correction...but isn't Ice Climbers ONLY in that list when Wobbling ISNT banned! lol

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
Noooo another one down sigh lol. You will be missed to dill. Hmm lets c, I know Coolk, My lil bro, Trc and me are coming I hope a couple more show too. But if not o wells. OH an just a reminder full setups are allways welcome.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Thank you for the correction...but isn't Ice Climbers ONLY in that list when Wobbling ISNT banned! lol
No.
Chu Dat used IC's to great success from about 2002-2007 or 8 before Wobbling was even discovered. Ice Climbers have enough ridiculous chaingrabs that Wobbling isn't even necessary, it's just wayyy easier

and Dill not coming breaks my heart into pieces
but as long as I have someone to play with, like really, any human, I'll be happy.

Top Bottom