• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ranbat monthlies SC 8/14/2010

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
Yoshido, we should go back and forth on melee tournies so we can make this a usual thing....as in, you host then I do and then you do again llol

Wash, Rinse, Repeat

@RC, I thought you and Ramz were cool?

coolklm121

Smash Cadet
I'm bringing a complete setup, and i think the tv i'm bringin can record vhs tapes, not sure if thats in any way useful to anyone...? what kind of recording device would be useful if not that then?

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
@ coolk, thats fine enough, I haven't converted vids from vhs to comp in a while but thats fine too. It was just thats its always hard to find a way to go from analog to pc. But regardless of that, the setup is great.

@Omega, yooo hey man, Yeah you should defelintly start putting up tourneis too. These ranbat's useally happen once a month. When you come, you can talk with me and mainly david to see when would be best to schedule yours since I leave come august 10th i think. But yeah all in all, this looks like the start of an actually scene. Consecutive tournaments, oh snap.

coolklm121

Smash Cadet
i'm so excited about this tournament, it's been a while since i've smashed with good people. Even if their aren't anymore tournaments in the near future, i'm pretty much always down to smash. Hours and hours and hours of truth, justice, and righteousness.

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
lol yeah, hopefully we might be able to have monthlies, maybe even bi weeklies. Oh and i need to post how yall can arrive and start register early like 10:30 if ya want. I'll be there early

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
results? we'll have brackets? lol

result

1. TRC

that's all you need to know
biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch

/cockyness

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Didn't I already say Ramz doesn't like me anymore :/

There won't be a teams bracket/round robin, no way, no WAY can SC get enough for that. I already put out that offer for money matches of me and John vs whoever.

Dill if you want we can do a MM against Snap/Crio.

like I said there ain't about to be a teams bracket. if we have singles, it will probably be round robin.

ps : I want to team up with the Florida guy against people

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
Ohhh its gonna be epic tommrow. I wonder if yay will show. Prolly not, he'll prolly go to that nc tourney. Im still quite hyped to see everyone. I wonder if there will be any upsets

coolklm121

Smash Cadet
I haven't even met you guys yet and i can't wait to see you! It seemed like smash was dead, at least with many people, smash always meant something more to me. Smash has done more for me than any religion has.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
same here dude. Melee in particular has been such a big part of my life, I can't even imagine how it would of happened without it.

Yoshido, will there be one full setup at the venue already? I really don't want to have to bring mine if I don't have to.

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
Cool, and I are bringing setups, And i believe daniel is too. If you don't want to you don't have too. it'd just be a nice addition to the setups, plus i'll be leaving at 1 to 1:15 for work

An smash is a very big part of my life as well. Relgion has helped me in many avenues of life, and I believe it worked through smash as a medium as well. I've met many great and have had countless hours of fun. I met my fiance through smash, true story. And I pretty much apply it to everything else i do.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
"I can't wait to see this secret weapon!"
-Falco from Star Fox 64, Area X (I think)

anyway
I am really excited to see everyone tomorrow! Give my Peach a good practice run okay? (unless your Snap then I switch chars apparently)

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
Nah, I honestly hope we can keep this up for a LOOOOOOOOOGGGGNNN Time man

I've waited too long for a Melee Scene to be somewhere I can get to easliy

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
results

1. TRC
2. Criosphinx
3. Yoshido
4. Snap
5. Dill

don't know the rest by order, but Kevin (coolklm121), Yoshido's brother, and... Benji was it? entered. I think there was another but can't recall.

tourney was awesome. Props to Kevin for being the coolest new kid on the block, gives me more hope for this community just by his presence. Glad to have ye on board, sir.

Now you have all experienced the new TRC, the one on PROZAC. Yeah, the one who goes random in finals like a douchebag and asks people who he should play in winner's finals. That seems real ****-ish of me so I apologize if I offended anyone, just tryin' to have a little fun and keep it entertaining for those who are simply watching, is all.

@Yoshido good stuff man, gotta play again soon. Shoulda brought out dat Yoshi though ;)

@ Yoshido's bro - NOBODY GETS MISFIRES WITH LUIGI LIKE THAT. NOBODY. DATS SOME BULLLL-SH

@JoshuaBLOODLUSK you're awesome : )

@ Brandon nice finals set man, not gonna lie you ****ed my Pikachu up ridiculously.
I believe the log was something like

Samus vs Marth
Kirby vs Marth?
Bowser vs Falco
Yoshi vs Falco
Roy vs Ganon
-
Pikachu vs Falco
Link vs Falco
Young Link vs Ganon
Fox vs Falco
Fox vs Marth

either way it was really fun. I was going to offer we split the pot (lol I said pot) and do random the whole time for both of us but I wasn't sure if you'd be insulted or anything. If I offended you at all I didn't mean to. I had a lot of fun and I hope to see you in the finals again : )
You also asked how I liked your Falco and I never gave a proper response. In short : I do. I want to see more of it, though. Most of the time I was thinking about how to, you know, kill it... but ask my Pikachu about that 3stock lol

@ Snap "It's... hard. ........ really." ****ING LOVE THIS MAN. GOD. ****. ALWAYS MAKES ME. SO HAPPY. ****. absolutely GOT to see more of you.

@ Dill sorry we didn't all get to eat together. I was too caught up in Melee. Next time, though, for sure. Also, I really enjoyed teaming with you! I damage... you knee. Works out IMO. See you around broseidopherous
@ Spencer PLAY MOAR

@ John, enter next time. and practice. and stop playing Street Fighter rofl.

@ Benji (sp?) hope you find this thread and hope you start learning the deep ways of Melee. Any of us would definitely be willing to help teach you, too <3

Big ups to the Street Fighter / Guilty Gear guys for letting us play at their lil' zone. I made sure to thank the dude on behalf of our community. Want to make sure we leave a nice impression so we can come back (which seems likely!)

GET HYPED FOR THE NEXT ONE... ERIC TWIST WHERE YOU AT!?

oh and one more thing.
thanks a lot for nobody making any red marth jokes. you really made my day a lot better by doing that. <3

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
i should have gotten second at this. i will beat brandon.

or at least third. just an unfourtunate bracket :/

dwam. time to get better.

**** i love this game.

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
Hey sorry for being so late on shoutouts everyone, been working like 2 to 11 everyday. but anyway.

TRC -arghhh im coming for you next time lol. And we'll definetly play more this summer.

Snap- your freaking awwsome man. It was nice being able to play ya.

My bro- Freaking awwsome kevin. Im quite proud.

Cool- It was nice meeting ya man, your an awwsome addition to the state

Spank, nuts- I wish we could have gotten to play more. We should definetly set up some friendlies
sometime.

Crio- good stuff man. We had some close matches. I definetly underestimated your skills. It was very fun facing you. Im sure we'll get to play again. lol we always do anway.

Kid- WHat the heck, i miss u man.

Scka- Hopefully we'll meet this winter.

And yeah, thanks everyone for coming out and showing love. I hope yall also enjoyed some of the other fighters there as well. We'll definetly try and keep this goin. And if any of yall are ever in columbia, feel free to hit me up.

Top Bottom