• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rambo - http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Rambo (**VIDEOS ONLINE**)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Rambo

and so closes another Chapter in Major Smash Tournaments. Enjoy the reports and rant.

EDIT - apparently everyone cannot see the fully completed version yet - if you can see the last chapter titled "the most expensive post-smash tournament ever," then you've got the completed version.

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
Holy crap I had no idea Jei Jei's car was broken into, I wonder if I could have shared a simmilar fate if we didn't get kicked out ?.

At any case I would be happy to make a donation when I next get to come out. Would Crown be at all responsible ?, do they have camers in the parking lot ?.

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
Hey Cao could you do me a favor? Stop calling me TakFR in the results and stuff it's just Tak, I screwed up the first time signed up which is why i have TakFR. :ohwell:

unreon

Smash Ace
Oh crap at Jei's lost goods. Crown should have cameras up around the place, shouldn't they?

Did he leave his stuff in the open as opposed to the trunk of the car?

Sorry to hear it Jei, really hope you get these guys :/

_X_

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I would just like to take some time to adress an issue at Ramon.

How the events accured:

Now to make a short story >_> as long as it should be, I 'accidentally' (falcon) punched IceK in the face at Rambo. We were innocently playing and he the threw a punch to my mid section to which I parred and countered, making more contact than originally planned.

I can attribute this accident to my Muay Thai training and general Mad skills.

I would like to publicly apologize to him and any one else (ie. Tak, Mr. P') who had to witness this.

Sorry, my bad.

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
Lol it was a high-light of Rambo, but if it helps I did head-butt Jei in the face (with the back of my head) so I would also Like to publicly apologize for that but I feel worse now that Jei had his loot plundered :(

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
haha i completely forgot about that!

dw adam it was an honour being headbutted by u
and i was right there when X full-charged smashed iceK in the face it was awesome, hilarious and tragic

unreon

Smash Ace
Oh cool, you do Muay Thai? I did something similar with Kulla where I took him down and BJJ'd with him.

Apologies from me also.

X, next time I'm down in Melbourne we should get together and MMA :D

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Future Melbourne Tournaments will be classified MA15+ for medium level violence (martial arts, flying shoes, and kiwi ball squeezing fury)

Queensland Tournaments will be rated R18+ for excessive adult themes

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
Hey guys, I would just like to take some time to adress an issue at Ramon.

How the events accured:

Now to make a short story >_> as long as it should be, I 'accidentally' (falcon) punched IceK in the face at Rambo. We were innocently playing and he the threw a punch to my mid section to which I parred and countered, making more contact than originally planned.

I would like to publicly apologize to him and any one else (ie. Tak, Mr. P') who had to witness this.

Sorry, my bad.
Why are you apologizing? :confused: It was hilarious :laugh:

Bjay

Smash Lord
lol Dave!

lol Jei!

lol jason, it was quite random and on the spot :p though the expression on your face made it look real O=]

Jaz

Smash Ace
there was also a tussle between Sim and Diep if i remember correctly
and Xeno will be at Sydney tournies so ours will probably be of a similar rating

if we ever get round to hosting one >.<

Tim_Dalton

Smash Cadet
i know its been a while, and that i said i dont write on smashboards/do shoutouts, but i was cuted by rambo.

Hello all, sleeping in my car at Crown is stupid, random people walking by and stating that I am sleeping in my car is stupid next time a big tournament is on, I'm booking a room somwhere near 24 hour carparking in the city.

Aside from that I enjoyed myself even with people falling on me from top bunks. Shaz said it best when he mentioned Cao dosn't get enough recognition for his sacrifices, so a huge kudos to you mate and don't let Daltsy tell you what to do lol.
errr. i hope you were joking. me and cao have figured out by now that our humour is sometimes lost in canadian/australian translation (apparently there is such a thing) so if i said something stupid or ever tried to tell cao to do something, i was most likely kidding. its all good though, and i appreciate all the effort to run the tournament by cao, sam, strider, and whoever else was behind the scenes. here goes in random order...

sam - that was funny when you got matched up with bringer first round. thatll teach ya whose boss....... heard you did pretty well though. cool ness we had a fun friendly. your welcome for the pasta by the way :)

emily - good match good match. sorry i wasnt up to par with you and it wasnt as epic as it couldve been. im going to get unreon to youtube those videos so i can write comments and embarrass you. accent? i wish i had a cute accent like everyone at rambo did.....

unreon - so hopefully as you just read, your going to put up those youtube videos so i can write comments and embarrass emily. did we even get one of us? all i remember is that you got the one with me and bryce/sloth, which had some interesting dialogue during the match... hope you had fun in melbourne and that it was worth it. good luck with your school work too, mr. 99 :D (screw unreon, mr.99 will catch like wildfire) you want girls? comon it should be pretty easy for you - just bring your australian accent to canada. (insert kwok sex joke here - too easy. tell her hi from daltsy next time you see her though, will ya? itll be like, a good ice breaker before you eventually and inevitably unreown her :) )

bryce/sloth -

slothy: DaLtZy! (caps/non caps alternating means that high pitched voice by the way)
daltsy: Dude im not coming down there....
slothy: DaLtZy!!!!
daltsy: DUDE... im not coming down
slothy: Show me some canada daltsy...

only one match mattered and it wasnt ours?!?! god ****... i can see where your coming from though. i think i mightve been the reason you didnt make top 4 in melee singles, when if we were playing serious you wouldve owned me. good timesss, and too bad i never did get to play some DDR with you. im only a 8/9 stepper though, so i probably wouldve just embarrassed myself. cute hearts on your controller etc etc, you dont take nothin from NOBODY (L) nice too meet you and good luck with moving

Bjay - way to get my smashboards private message like... 5 months late:p but yeah really, 'tim'... what is that all about? its all good about the stories thing, you were ballin enough without them. too bad you couldnt make jaz's meet in sydney back in the day, but it was awesome that you made rambo and it was nice meeting you

dedu/stuey- although we didnt get to play any smash, it was still really cool to meet you. flying across the room from top bunk while cao and i were in casual conversation was too funny, though you started giving comboturtle/tom wrong ideas. hopefully the adventure you went on during your dissapearance from our lives was awesome - i added you to facebook so im looking forward to hearing some stories :D

comboturtle/tom - too bad we didnt meetup when i was in wollongong for a few weeks, cause your just too ballin. whatever kind of elbow/knee/face drop you did from top bunk to cao's laptop on the ground was too funny, especially with the timing with the staff at the door asking if anyones intoxicated. sorry about the whole getting-your-belongings-jacked-up thing, i hope everything worked out and you had fun in rambo

mr. phantasmo/adam - yoooo sorry to hear about the beanie thing. i feel like everything i did you had to pay for. stupid...sexy...drunk...daltsy... nice meeting you for sure though, and too bad that whole bunking up thing didnt work out when you didn have a place to stay:psycho:

shazzypoo - didnt really get to see too much of you, but thanks for humouring me by making it seem like i was actually close to beating you in singles - thank god i put my name as jons:bee:. i remember saying something pretty stupid after the match, and somehow it came out awesome and you said 'i like this guy. this guys awesome' which gave me warm fuzzies. the highlight of rambo (im dramatic but this might not be exaggerated) is you doing the goron noise (L)(L) nice to meet you fo sho

hybrid/george - (to jaz and unreon with you standing right there) 'dude i cant believe our team beat you in doubles, my partner like, totally sucked' haha oh george, hopefully you figured out i was just joking. we both already know you'd stick it to me in smash anyday 1on1. like i said before, i was glad i asked cao for the baddest *** partner and got just that, instead of some lamer. we ripped up doubles for sure, except for those jerks cao/shaz :) congratulations on how well you did at the tourney, especially brawl. it was cool that you came out that night and we had some fun friendlies the day after. the adelaide/vancouver combo will forever be in my heart(L)

bringer/ryan - i sat down at the table at the hostel, and introduced myself to you and slothypoo. when you said bringer i was like 'oh REALLY? your BRINGER!?' haha how dorky, but i just knew you played yoshi and its too ballin and i got excited. anyways, i have no idea how i did so well on those friendlies, had you gotten used to canada you woulve started to **** me pretty bad for sure. which is exactly what wouldve happened had we played that next morning. dont worry about the not waking up early next morning thing, i stayed up until some stupid time like 7am and slept until dinnertime if it makes you feel better. 'taking care of me that night' haha. i just knew that you'd be balliner with some drinks in ya, then i realized it was like 2am and we had just played smash since dawn the day before. :psycho: 'so if you come up to canada, youd get like, free room and board, if that means anything. itd be sweet, then we could chill' 'yes... yes it does' im still takin you up on that yooooo, as unlikely as it seems with that secret job of yours:D

cao - where to start. i talk to you on msn and facebook so ill just keep it smash related. thanks for getting me to come to rambizzle and giving me a little taste of the nightlife. i was really impressed by the way you ran the tourney, and hopefully didnt piss you off too bad when i missed some of my singles/doubles brawl matches. i appreciate your easy goingness when it came to making plans in melbourne. i was all over the place and missed some of our plans like the AFL game, and while others would be pissed about how i couldnt keep organized, i appreciate your 'well if your not getting a hold of me you must be having fun somewhere so its all good' attitude. congratulations on the smash placings, your a beast. ill write something cooler on your facebook now that im back home and settled down. im stealing yours and others rambo pictures by the way, putting them all together and living vicariously through them whether i was in the picture or not (L)

to all the other people i didnt shoutout to dont feel bad because ive already given you one on your respective cities smash thread (hopefully). nice meeting you all and it was fun meeting the australian smash scene (L)(L) <3

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
I'm over my beanie now, I gots me a rocking YELLOW ! one, its really yellow.
As for me telling Cao not to let you tell him what to do I was joking, thats a problem with typing its hard to tell if your being sarcastic or joking.

I should visit Canada because it has Bakers Delight, I should ask for a transfer or somthing and have work pay for everything.... I'm sure they will give me free money.

Bjay

Smash Lord
LIES! That was the private message which I noticed on Sam's account when I was over at his and I was like "ooh, Unread 1" and I let him know xD

aww, pleasure's all mine tim ^_^ yes, Tim :) It's what I call you =D

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Awww, wub Daltsy, I'll come to Canada at the end of year, and we can both hit up Whistler and become cabin boys (inside Sydney joke)

Atticus

Smash Journeyman
So I forgot to do shoutouts for this. Just a few quick ones.

- Congratulations to our lovely EMO crew member Dekar for beasting in both games. Enjoy your spotlight until Justin joins up and inevitably becomes the best player in the country.
- X for being too pro at Guilty Gear. Hopefully we can rematch in the CW bracket this Saturday. Also, lol epic upthrow
- Caotique, for as always being the hero both of local and national Smash and just generally being too good.
- All the orsm out-of-staters who represented in Melbourne. I enjoyed both seeing familiar faces from Comrades 1/2 and meeting new ones. Hope to see you all again soon!
- Thanks to everyone who helped me with my TV, especially Chris who helped me carry it quite a distance, and the guys we were hanging out for ages with in the hostel waiting for people.
- Redact: gtfo

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Taken from: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=4589400#post4589400

Here are some videos of Brawl and Melee taken about a month ago for a tournament in Australia called Rambo. Enjoy ~ comments are appreciated

Rambo Videos (April 26):

SSBB Singles Championship Finals:
Kulla (Snake) vs. Erick (ROB) 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtztY8moFio
Kulla (Snake) vs. Erick (Falco) 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVtobTJg9_w
Kulla (Metaknight) vs. Erick (Falco) 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLGiytLKQKE
Kulla (Metaknight) vs. Erick (Falco) 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z9dXB5D6w0

Redact vs. Dekar (Coming soon)
Dekar vs. Kulla (Coming soon)
Erick + Nay vs. Bjay + Dedu (Coming soon)
Tak + Hybrid vs. Kulla + Berimbau (Coming soon)

SSBM Singles Winners Finals:
CAOTIC (Peach) vs. Jaz (C.Falcon) 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9O6aZBRsoho
CAOTIC (Peach) vs. Jaz (C.Falcon) 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99aaFEJ74h4
CAOTIC (Peach) vs. Jaz (C.Falcon) 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSlTCEZAWxo

SSBM Singles Championship Finals:
CAOTIC (Peach) vs. Dekar (Jigglypuff) 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXIfpyjLlQ8
CAOTIC (Peach) vs. Dekar (Marth) 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8xcYyudD6M
CAOTIC (Peach) vs. Dekar (Jigglypuff) 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLD05nwqYK8
CAOTIC (Peach) vs. Dekar (Jigglypuff) 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBYUuasmNE8
CAOTIC (Peach) vs. Dekar (Marth) 5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RMX8M4LCik
CAOTIC (Peach) vs. Dekar (Jigglypuff) 6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydNZCQU466s

Dekar vs. Shaz (Coming soon)

Dekar289

Smash Hero
AWESOME!

*goes straight to cao vs jaz 2*

dekar vs cao
there's a match missing between matches 3 and 4, on jungle japes, ends in rest <3
exc misses that one match ><

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
the only sexy peach jiggs vids were ones with rest in them <3

lol @ the jaz vids, unreon's voice in the background sounds like he wants to make love to jaz

Dekar289

Smash Hero
haha

aah.... cao vs jaz wuz my fav set, without a doubt, from start to finish

cao gets better and betterer throughout the set (aka moar downsmash) xD

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
I made so many mistakes in most of my matches...I really dont know how I won...

Oh wait...yeah...Metaknight, thats why.

Bjay

Smash Lord
ooh vids! nice!

lol at the jaz vs cao ones :p

---

I see my name is in one of the random matches. I didn't team up with Stuey though, I don't think I got to play with or against Stuey that day either!

Top Bottom