• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Raising up a Falcon for only one purpose

Kirbykrew

Smash Journeyman
A few weeks ago I decided to raise up a Capt. Falcon to fight Meta Knights, and only Meta Knights. Of course, this isn't for serious stuff and will really only be used in friendly matches, with people I know, or over wifi......

But still, I want to do it, since the claimed Worst character beating the claimed best Character has always been hilarious to me (Like my Pichu beating up Foxes in Melee).

Any Tips?

Asides "Don't"

Tenki

Smash Hero
i herd sumthings like a air-release > running u-smash might work.

wangston

Smash Lord
His whorenado stops everything you do cept the falcon kick at certain points. The only thing I can say is keep your spacing. The grab release, dash attack on techs and any laggy move so you knock him up. Space in the air with Uair it will not let you down, also if they air dodge the uair hit them with a bair. Once again keep you spacing and use Utilt and dtilt they both have some serious range. Also Jab is a great grab set up. For if you notice he is coming to gimp you off the stage you should use your second jump early and catch him buy surprise with the side b.

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
look here buster,you cant beat him so go away

jk jk
this from what tested so far, if he appoaches you with dash attack or grab usse utilt before he comes in grab distance. i think utilt is one of falcon's most useful move when playing mk.oh yeah flubbed knee beats tornado. i also say use falcon kcik

Roager

Smash Ace
Uair and Falcon Kick are the only things you really have that are any use. And maybe a Raptor Boost spike.

But, uh, yeah, Falcon is a BAD MK counterpick. I don't know why you would ever want to do this, except for the bragging rights "YEAH! I beat MK with Falcon! HA!" you know, like that.

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
Uair and Falcon Kick are the only things you really have that are any use. And maybe a Raptor Boost spike.

But, uh, yeah, Falcon is a BAD MK counterpick. I don't know why you would ever want to do this, except for the bragging rights "YEAH! I beat MK with Falcon! HA!" you know, like that.
yes!!! bragging rights
"my bottem tier beat your ultra top tier,you ultra n00b.skill>spam"

Kirbykrew

Smash Journeyman

Yeah, bragging rights is all I'm doing this for. I won't do this in serious matches, I have other characters for that.

Mit

Smash Ace
Do you really get bragging rights if you're playing someone bad enough at Meta Knight to lose to Captain Falcon?

Because you'll never win against a good Meta Knight.

Majora_younglink

Smash Apprentice
Do you really get bragging rights if you're playing someone bad enough at Meta Knight to lose to Captain Falcon?

Because you'll never win against a good Meta Knight.
Define never. Cause although its an uphill battle on a 89 degree hill, its still possible to win.

Also its not about them being bad, but you being better.

Mr.Fakeman

Smash Journeyman
I should examine MK's lag frames, I always struggle to get out of his close range attacks and technical wall of pains. But so far my solution is shield grabbing.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
A few weeks ago I decided to raise up a Capt. Falcon to fight Meta Knights, and only Meta Knights. Of course, this isn't for serious stuff and will really only be used in friendly matches, with people I know, or over wifi......

But still, I want to do it, since the claimed Worst character beating the claimed best Character has always been hilarious to me (Like my Pichu beating up Foxes in Melee).

Any Tips?
Well, you may already have been planning this, but DO NOT play Captain Falcon against ANYONE who's not Meta Knight. Even against a dummy CPU in training mode.

It'll help integrate your procedural knowledge of Captain Falcon with Meta Knight's. You want to specialize, you got it.

Oh yeah, and uhh. . . you need to use it in a partially serious scenario, or there's nothing to brag about. Tourneys and money matches.

Kirbykrew

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, and uhh. . . you need to use it in a partially serious scenario, or there's nothing to brag about. Tourneys and money matches.
Well, I'd love to attend more serious scenerios, but..

A: There are barely any tournies in my area
B: I went to a tourney, and it was completely unorganized (I love Smash, but waiting 9 hours for the first round of the singles tournament...>.>)

So a well organized one in a local area would be great, but I haven't found any.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Having skill is the biggest factor in a matchup like this. I rarely touch Falcon but can regularly my friend's MK (not his main either but he does have some knowledge on playing him) just because I have better spacing and am arguably better at the game.

Top Bottom