• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rain 2 - Columbus, Ohio. 2/23/2013

JamesBJames

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, melee only paid out top 2. I got $64 and Big R got $26.

Shoutouts?
P:M
Overswarm - BOWSER. Thanks a lot for teaching me stuff about P:M.
Juu - Kinda let you down a little in some of the teams matches, but it was fun teaming with you. We had some insanely close sets.

MELEE
Big R - Nice job bringing it back against Fizzle. Your falco keeps Doping me.
Corkus - Goddamn. You had some awesome results. Taking sets from Paradigm and Achilles and also taking a game off Fizzle -- I wish some of those were recorded.
Achilles - Your fox game 1 was insane. Maybe I shouldn't go FD against you.
Paradigm - Also nice job taking a game from Fizzle; sucks that you didn't do as well as you wanted.
Garzal - Jesus **** your TV weighs a ton goddamn my back.
Zeldafan - Thanks for showing up. Always good to see new people on the scene. Your link has some surprises in it.
Couch Potato - See Zeldafan

FIZZLE
Fizzle - gj multitasking between 6 events; I have no idea how you did that.

OTHER
Abu - lol midterms, I still don't believe you actually stopped by in the afternoon; that's just an urban legend.
Drephen - I wish you could've stayed for P:M doubles, and it sucks that you couldn't find a partner. Juu wouldn't let me dissolve our team, lol. Maybe next time.
SoulPech - You told me you were good at Jenga and then you go and get 2nd. =(

SoulPech

Smash Master
Keep in mind Carls, that I came very prepared this time. So you probably wouldn't have seen Yoshi all set if I felt it wasn't working. I also wasn't going to Fox ditto you either. lmao

Despite my glorious victory, I had a really fun time at this tourney. Lots of laughs and gdlk Donatos pizza.

SHOUTOUTS TO SOULPECH, MARS AND HIS PARTNER FOR THE COMEDIC DUBS BEFORE GF's
"You got a friend in me"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHFy3YWpRx8

Mars got lucky @ Jenga >.>

Master WGS

Smash Lord

Master WGS

Smash Lord
I don't remember any dedicated DKs. Someone might have been him at some point, but I really don't remember. BuckOhFive was around playing friendlies before he had to leave as DK, so it might have been that.

Roooster and I tried to say as many people's names during matches as we could. If it's too much of a hassle, just post recordings - we'll figure out who's who eventually.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
"How DARE a Yoshi win without first beating me to get there? Blasphemy!", says the Yoshi Slaying Peach of legend.

Jk, well done MX. You've been putting in so much lab work lately and it's finally starting to pay off. Proud of you bro.

MX778

Smash Journeyman
BRAWL SINGLES
($26.00 to the circuit, forgot to take this out of the payments.)
1: MX -1A ($115.00) :yoshi2: :yoshi2: :yoshi2: :yoshi2: :yoshi2: :yoshi2: :yoshi2: :yoshi2: :fox: :metaknight: :falco:
2: Fizzle-1B ($73.00) :dedede: :wario: :kirby2: :metaknight: :popo:
3: MrEric-4A ($36.00) :rob: :popo:
4: Kel-2A ($21.00) :marth:
5: SoulPech-4B ($11.00) :wario: :jigglypuff:
5: Carls-3A ($11.00) :fox: :peach:
7: Suyon-3B :pit: :marth:
7: Lou-2B :gw:
9: Amida-1C :snake:
9: KassandraNova-3C :metaknight: :peach:
9: TheKiest-1D :dedede: :kirby2:
9: Falcon's Fist-3D :wolf:
13: Baro-2D :popo:
13: QD-4D :lucario:
13: Drillbit Sammy-2C :luigi2:
13: Mars16-4C :mario2:
Pools Cutoff
17: BeanBurrito :dk2:
17: Steep :mario2: :olimar:
17: Ketos :snake:
17: Past :wolf:
21: ZeldaFan
21: CouchPotato :peach:
21: Day :kirby2:
21: Walker :pit: :lucario:
25: Waddler
25: ZLF

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
if I hadn't lost to Pech (so much salt) and Sopo
#getbodieeeeeed
#chisports
#bodybag
#stayfree
#bogo
#holdthat

(J/k, <3 you carls).

Shoutouts:
Brawl -
QD: You carried me lol. Sorry, I felt like I underperformed a lot to be honest and you caught up with the slack. We'll have to practice some doubles on Wednesday so the synergy could get better.
Brawl Doubles opponents: Fun games.

P:M Doubles -
Tako and Lumi: Fun games.
Pech and Carls: Holy crap close games. I'm so glad we clutched it out against you guys, haha. Carls, that Wario is getting up there. Keep working on it! Pech, that Puff was dangerous. Now all you have to do is practice this game. :x
OS and Fizzle: 15 games over 3 sets. Holy **** was I absolutely tired from playing you guys. Very good games, very fun games. Hopefully Hanky doesn't ditch me at the next one so we can run that back. Congrats on the win and shoutouts to TL bombs... for both sides.

P:M Singles -
MX: **** Bowser, lol. Honestly, you should have probably stayed Bowser. I was honestly wondering how I was going to navigate that again, haha. But you switched to Ivysaur. Thanks. <3
R000ster: You're good at this game, even though you think you're bad. Stop saying you're bad. Good games.
Achilles: I thought you would go Falcon or something and I was kinda scared. Thankfully I had drilled a bit of Marth vs ROB on Wednesday (sure as hell not going to be playing Watch against that) and I clutched it out. Great games, most fun tournament match I've had in P:M thus far.
Master WGS: You controlled the pace of the match throughout, good job. Had me frustrated trying to get in and then I would get grabbed and ugh. We have to play some more so I can re-familiarize myself with the MU. Even with ROB (which I'm sure you'll see next time).
HankyPanky: We should do this again. I'm up to team any time you don't drop me for someone better. Also congrats on winning your first local.
Fizzle: Congrats on 2nd place and strong showings in every game.

Stay free, me. GnW, I won't abandon you yet. I still have a lot of work to do. ROB, you're back in the studio. Be on the lookout for a new character, ladies and gents. It's lab time again.

Konrad-QD

Smash Journeyman
Juu- Its cool! It was a last minute team so I'm glad we managed to get a W and put up a fight against some good opponents. Thanks for teaming with me =D

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
great tournament as usual, kiest! probably gonna enter singles next time since bracket started much earlier than expected. can tako and i get forfeited next to our names for doubles?

for the sake of character usage in p:m, i only won matches with jigglypuff and marth.

DBSammy

Smash Ace
Sam's totally not ripped of from Ori's Shoutout title
BRAWL SINGLES
($26.00 to the circuit, forgot to take this out of the payments.)
1: MX1A ($115.00) My boy Mike, making it into the big time now.
2: Fizzle1B ($73.00) Fizzle making paper here at Rain. But goddamn why do you have to enter so many events? Fizzle
results sighting #1
3: MrEric4A ($36.00) One of the most chill dudes from KY
5: SoulPech4B ($11.00) #SPforPR
5: Carls3A ($11.00) You'll get'em next time man
7: Lou2B Freaking Oil Panics, I feel stupid as hell
9: TheKiest1D Really fun tourney man, enjoyed it a lot. This is one of my favorite events you've ran
9: Falcon's Fist3D Scumbag Chase: Handle is "Falcon's Fist", only seen using Wolf
13: Drillbit Sammy2C Should had done better, but overall content.

Melee Singles:
(Giant Round Robin, top 3 then played in a bracket)
2. BigR ($16.00) First singles event in a year and a half, and still messing dudes up
3. Fizzle ($10.00) Fizzle Sighting #2

Smash 64
5: Fizzle Fizzle sighting #3

Project M Doubles
1: OS + Fizzle ($38.50) Fizzle sighting #4

Project M Singles
1: Hanky-Panky ($60.00) You are too ****ing good. I really need to start playing with the rest of you guys.
2: Fizzle ($30.00) Fizzle sighting #5
5: Master WGS Box of Danger commentary 2gud.
9: Achilles You lucky we didn't play. Shine-> Up-B all day.
13: DrillbitSammy Lose to 1st and 4th, get 13th. Lame.
17: Suyon u mad
17: CouchPotato I was super nervous playing you on the recording setup. It really showed up in my play.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
9: Falcon's Fist3D Scumbag Chase: Handle is "Falcon's Fist", only seen using Wolf

I went Falcon in my set against Carls in pools.

Though funny you mention it, I joked to myself saying I should possibly change my handle to "Wolf'sClaw" or something like that.

DBSammy

Smash Ace
Ditto on the name change. I was thinking of getting premium and changing my name to Player 2 since all of my favorite characters usually are sidekicks.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
It's time...​
Carls493's Shoutouts
BRAWL DOUBLES​
1: Carls + SoulPech ($77.00) This teamwork is getting better.
2: Tako + Lumi ($42.00) : Good job, you two. It's too bad that you both had to dropout early.
3: Kel + Kass ($21.00) GGs. Those matches were close.
5: Lou + Steep GGs. Luigi & G&W is so insane.​
BRAWL SINGLES
1: MX1A ($115.00): Great job beating Fiz Wiz in Grand Finals. You've avenged me.​
2: Fizzle1B ($73.00): Sopo Sopo Sopo Sopo Sopo Sopo Sopo frickin' SOPO!!!
3: MrEric4A ($36.00): I never got to face you this time. Not even for a money match. :(.
5: SoulPech4B ($11.00): Meanwhile, outside of Doubles, you are now on my Revengeance Hitlist with Blue Rogue & LOE1.: I seem to mostly have that pattern with Warios for some reason...
5: Carls3A ($11.00): Despite how I was, I was honesty more focused on taking names at this tourney than the money, because I didn't know how much I'd even get. Fizzle & Pech are going down next time!
7: Suyon3B: Good job placing 7th.
7: Lou2B: GGs. You're the best G&W I've fought so far.
9: KassandraNova3C: GGs in everything. Nice to see one of my fav girls again.
9: TheKiest1D: GGs in our bracket match and thanks for hosting this tourney. It was definitely much better than the first. If only we could convince Michigan that, though...
9: Falcon's Fist3D: GGs. Good job getting out of pools.​
13: Baro2D: GGs. You should've listened to Kass about those random :popo: Up Bs. lol
13: QD4D: GGs in our friendlies. Good job making it out of the pools.
13: Drillbit Sammy2C: Nice seeing you again. Sorry about your luck in Jenga.
13: Mars164C: Glad you made it out of the pools, too.

P:M PLAYERS
Hanky Panky: Nice seeing you again. That Peach is so annoying, but so good.
R000ster: I hardly ever get to face a Snake in P:M. GGs.
Overswarm: GGs in our bracket match and money match. I definitely saw the enthusiasm you had throughout the whole tourney for P:M. Your Bowser is awesome.
Juushichi: Too bad we didn't get to play in P:M Singles, but good job at Doubles.

SoulPech

Smash Master
5: SoulPech4B ($11.00): Meanwhile, outside of Doubles, you are now on my Revengeance Hitlist with Blue Rogue & LOE1.: I seem to mostly have that pattern with Warios for some reason...​
um...oh my.

Carls is super salty that he made up a word. I guess Im gonna feel his WRAAAAAAAAAAATHHHHH

die at 80% scrub :3

Top Bottom