• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Raichu SHOULD be in SSBB!

LareNoel

Smash Cadet
no cloning required
heres a super basic/****ty moveset
well bs anyway
id make his standard b thunderbolt and make that a charge shot that doesnt bounce along the floor
>b could be mega punch, a lot like JP's pound but stronger and not floaty goodness
V B could stay as thunder cause thunder pwns
and seeing as i need to rip off my actual pokemon moveset id make his ^B Iron tail and model it after kirbys up b with more of an arc and no projectile at the end

KRLA

Smash Rookie
I dont think so. Raichu its exactly like a fat Pikachu, and I dont want more clones! (Megapunch??
Iron Tail?? Dont make me laugh)

KRLA

Smash Rookie
I see the series, I play the games, I know that!! But, as a character in Brawl, there`s no point ( and less, with that attacks; its like put a Pikachu in smash with Surf, and I know that he can lear that)

phatJacob07

Smash Cadet
I don't see where the fascination with Raichu comes from; he's not even remotely in the games.

McFox makes an excellent point: why add another electric type (an electric mouse, at that) when there are more worthy elements/Pokémon to be added? A steel or fighting type would be a marvelous addition to the cast – however, since space is apparently tight in SSBB, I'd just prefer no new Pokémon at all if they can add some greater characters from other franchises.

By the way... Raichu's one of the ugliest Pokémon designs out there, IMO.

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
Replace Pichu with Blaziken is the best idea, but remember it's not our choice who's in SSBB, it's the developers but I don't think they are reading this since they might not know about this website.

fluffy

Smash Champion
pichu sucked cuz of pikachu.

so pikachu would suck cuz of raichu.

awesum.

War Raichu

Smash Apprentice
I believe that if Raichu is in the game, he should be an alternate costume for Pikachu. Same with Pichu. Maybe a few voice tweaks and weight tweaks, but other than that, the same.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Raichu=pikachu clone it could be faster, stronger, more intellegent it doesnt matter its still a clone, look at ganon hes slower and stronger but still a clone, and i dont want another freaking mouse give me deoxys!!

Sapphire_flame

Smash Rookie
If they used Raichu, they'd have to change his stats so he's stronger and slower. Why, you ask? Isn't he supposed to be stronger than Pikachu? Well, if that's the case, Mewtwo should be much, much stronger and faster. Instead, he's just stronger but hard to use and slow.

Al Calnos

Smash Journeyman
Why does everyone think that just because Raichu is Pikachu's evolved form he'd be JUST LIKE Pika only slower. He'd be a new character so they could do whatever they wanted with him. Of course we can expect him to be similar to Pika, but not exactly alike with tweaked speed/strength. Heres a movelist I came up for him

A - Kick
Forward A - Tail whip
Down A - Tail sweep
Up A - Overhead Tail whip
Running A - either Tackel or a tail attack like he does in the cartoon (Lt. Surge's Raichu)

Midair
A - Vertical Spin (like Pika's, only attacks with its tail, kinda like a buzz saw)
Back A - Horizontal Spin (see above)
Forward A - Thunderpunch
Down A - Tailshock (points tail down and shocks someone)
Up A - Flip kick

Smashes
Forward A - Tailbolt
Down A - Discharge (sticks tail in ground and "discharges" electricity into the ground aroundhim)
Up A - Tailstap (staps up with his tail)

Specials
B - Zap Cannon (charges up a ball of lightning, ala Mewtwo or Samus. Anyone hit in the [relatively small] explosion cant be knocked out, just paralized in place for a bit.)
Forward B - Thunderwave (sends a wave of electricity through the air a short distance, might paralize enemy for a second)
Down B - Light Screen (can block any "special" move, not neccesarly B moves. Example, can block Mario's fireball but not Link's arrow. Screen can also break like a normal shield)
Up B - Super Agility (can go a further distance than Pika's quick attack, but doesnt have a double)

Throws
A - Zap
Forward - Bolt Toss (flings enemy forward and tosses a bolt of lightning at them)
Down - Tail beat down (Tribute to the cartoon, slams enemey down and beats the crap out of them with his tail)
Back - Kangaroo Bolt Toss (gets behind them, kangaroo kicks them, and shoots a bolt at them)
Up - Semistic(sp?) Toss (twirls them around and tosses them upward, and just for kicks shoots a bolt at them)

Taunt - that "bounce off the tail" thing he does in the Stadium games

Supermove - Thunderbolt (shoots lightning everywhere)

DragoKnight

Smash Cadet
I like that moveset, very believable. In that sense, perhaps Raichu could be a Luigi-like character. Sure, there are many similarities between him and Mario in moveset, but there are enough differences for Luigi not to be considered a 'clone'.
Seriously, if Raichu had a nifty moveset and controlled the way I would picture it, I would use it.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
For those wanting Raichu, can someone give me a good reason why he should? (Not counting "Because pikachu/pichu is in/being taken out)

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
Terrible idea. Not only is it another pokemon, it looks almost exactly like Pikachu. Comon! If you insist we have numorous pokemon, lets avoid the exact clones. Even in the pokemon world, there are hundreds of better condidates than this.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
I read the first page of this thread and I got a little sick. To whoever started this, your only counter argument to anything anyone says to you is "RAICHUS A BAD@$$!!!!!!!!!!!!" No, he's not. He'd just be another clone that annoys people. I agree with what Mic_Fox said in the Plusle/Minun thread; there are so many other good Pokemon out there, why are we just focusing on the crappy electric mouse types?

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I think that if they DO add another Pokémon, it should be one that adds a bit of variety.

But should they add Raichu, why not add him in as a character obtainable through a similar fashion as Zamus? Some "conditions" must be met during the match, and Pikachu could evolve. No completely "new" character, but both sides are essentially satisfied. Kind of?

fireycheeseball

Smash Rookie
swift assailant said:
Raichu is one of the most bad@$$ pokemon ever, it should be in brawl. Raichu is pikachu's evolved form, so if pichu, pikachu's pre-evolved form made it to melee, Raichu should be able to make it to brawl. Nintendo should make up for what they did with pichu, I mean pichu sucked... a lot. Adding Raichu to the 3rd SSB game will make up for that error.
bad@ss? its a rat that shoots electricity. bada$$ i think not

Ghos7Soldier

Smash Apprentice
Haters on pichu...Woot. =/

Anyways...As I said before...The only pokemon I want in SSBB is SANDSLASH...just because that's a bad@zz pokemon right there... ;D

Other than that...I don't care if other pokemon joined...i'll just fight them or play as them. =/

launchpadmcqak13

Smash Apprentice
I agree that I don't just want another random pokemon, but I thought that they should have put raichu instead of pichu in SSBM the first place. He should be stronger and slower. The reason why adding another pokemon is because of the fact that it has sold millions of copies and continues to thrive. Just because someone didn't play it and doesn't know what the characters are doesn't mean that they are random. Pichu is a terrible character, not too much faster, way weaker and a whole lot of suck, than pikachu. The fact that he is badass, yes I agree not a good agrument. But the fact that they are going to make a clone of pikachu... it should have been Raichu and they should rectify this mistake with the addition of a better character, is a better one.

On the position of clones in general, what would you like to see 20 characters or 30 characters. Obviously, 30. Well aside from making nintendo care more, delay the game a year to make, break and test another 10 characters, they just took the movesets that were there, tweaked them to make them stronger/slower or faster/weaker. Thus producing a clone. Now I would opt for not a clone, but rather a competely new character but seeing as nintendo cares more about selling their game/system than about the smash brothers underground community (because face it, you are going to be here whether there are clones or not) they aren't going to ruin profits to make more characters.

My hopes are that the year that they pushed it back, is that year that that i was talking about. I want 40 characters and no clones, but if i get 60 characters with clones. I'll take it.

Stryks

Smash Hero
swift assailant said:
but raichu would have different stats, so it would be like a top tier pikachu, unless nintendo gives raichu new and better moves.
The stats dnt matter, falcon is fater and ganon is slower... BUT STILL A CLONE!! and cmon we dont need another wimpy pokemon we need oen that has the power the speed everything (very disapointed about mew2) so deoxys should be in there he would own all pokemon

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Would'nt it be great if Nintendo just put every character to ever exist on one of their consoles into brawl.(drools)It would stop all this arguing.(never going to happen though.....sigh)

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
Now that is a good idea :) , but all 386 Pokemon can't be in SSBB. That will really clutter up the charater selection menu. And I don't mind having Raichu in SSBB.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Da Man said:
Now that is a good idea :) , but all 386 Pokemon can't be in SSBB. That will really clutter up the charater selection menu. And I don't mind having Raichu in SSBB.
I thaught there was 400 and something ahh well there will be after diamond and pearl come out

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
No no no, keep Pikachu cuz he's still probably the most popular Pokemon. That's the only reason he made it in to begin with, since he's not even close to being at the top of the Pokemon ladder. I think if they add any more pokemon, it should be cool powerful ones like Mewtwo, only they don't make them suck like they did to Mewtwo. But Raichu? You're just too big of a Pikachu fan. So many other more worthy characters to be put in than another **** Pikachu family member.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
You are correct

Yes sir, and also, I personaly would like to see even more Pokemon in SSBB. Deoxys would be a good replacement for Mewtwo, if they have to cut him out. Anyway, I think Raichu would be a great crowd pleaser for Pokemon fans, and the developers should definitely consider adding him.

Grizz Lee

Smash Apprentice
swift assailant said:
Why slower? Raichu is WAAAY faster than pikachu, it should have stronger and faster moves than the inferior pikachu.
If Raichu is "WAAAY" faster, and stronger, and overall better, then why would we have Pikachu in the game, why would anybody play him over Raichu? No more Pokemon ever would be fantastic.

Nayruu

Smash Rookie
why is there a need for ANY MORE POKEMON??.... i dont want SSBB to turn into a pokemon stadium any more than the first 2 ssb's

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Oh yeah. In SSB64, Pokemon was represented by two characters out of twelve! Geez, you'd think they'd try and hold back a little! And in Melee, gah! A whooping FOUR out of TWENTY SIX. It's like they want to take over or something!

*rolls eyes*

Top Bottom