• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RAGE - Results and shoutout thread!! THANK YOU BASED CARROLL!!

Kel

Smash Master
Brawl Shoutouts

5: Kel ($24.00) :marth: - Dat :marth:. You are an extremely intelligent player, but I think you put yourself into too many bad positions. Your frame traps and reads are really good and a few more of them and I would've been in 5th lol.
Thanks, Zinoto. I really appreciate your attitude and I look forward to improving in this match up. I don't really get to play any Diddys with Marth, so I knew I was going to lose to you. I started to understand the matchup more in the 3rd game vs AZ, and I look forward to playing you again in the future. I'm kind of sad I had already set my mind on going all Marth, because I've heard you're really good vs MK, but you probably would have just beat it as well. I'll get Judo to play Diddy a bunch and maybe play AZ at a tournament or something and see if I can get the MU down. Then I'll stupid putting myself in stupid positions and we can have some really good sets in the future. I'm glad the tradition of Michigan top players being super cool and nice has continued with you as well. Congratulations on your placing and beating Shugo; it's something I have yet to do! GGs, man.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
Thanks, Zinoto. I shall take your advice into heart, and use that to eventually beat you and AZ.

Diddy's still one of the biggest MUs I have to work on for Fox. I'll take all the help I can towards that.

M@v

Subarashii!
Btw, some of the mixups he's referring to is out of a downair for example.

When you hit a guy with down air, think of it as a game of rock paper scissors, but instead of rock paper scissors, its shield, spotdodge, or in some cases, super fast move. Predict which he's going to do and go from there :)

Of course at high percents just take the guaranteed downsmash or if they trip, upsmash.

Mentioned that one because its the easiest to explain in a forum post, haha.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I'll post full shoutouts once I get to an actual computer lol. So much fun was had at this, I'm proud of the way I've been playing lately. :)

Also I did not use :marth: at all in pools/bracket, it was all :peach: :metaknight:

:phone:

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Thanks, Zinoto. I really appreciate your attitude and I look forward to improving in this match up. I don't really get to play any Diddys with Marth, so I knew I was going to lose to you. I started to understand the matchup more in the 3rd game vs AZ, and I look forward to playing you again in the future. I'm kind of sad I had already set my mind on going all Marth, because I've heard you're really good vs MK, but you probably would have just beat it as well. I'll get Judo to play Diddy a bunch and maybe play AZ at a tournament or something and see if I can get the MU down. Then I'll stupid putting myself in stupid positions and we can have some really good sets in the future. I'm glad the tradition of Michigan top players being super cool and nice has continued with you as well. Congratulations on your placing and beating Shugo; it's something I have yet to do! GGs, man.
Yeah, MI is learning to veer away from :salt: lol. You were adapting to me really well and if you had beat me on Lylat I'm pretty sure you would've won the next game as well. I barely clutched out Game 1 lol. Can't wait until our next set, being in the air against you felt like I was playing Mr. R all over again lol.

Thanks, Zinoto. I shall take your advice into heart, and use that to eventually beat you and AZ.

Diddy's still one of the biggest MUs I have to work on for Fox. I'll take all the help I can towards that.
I don't doubt it man, you know how to avoid taking large strings of damage. After you figure out ways to get good kills in, you'll be taking names a lot larger than me ;). Keep it up at these Ranbats too. I've been following those and you are doing really well.

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
No one actually won dodgebal, at least the first game that was played. It basically fell apart. Also, idc about the drama, it was still fun!!!

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
No one actually won dodgebal, at least the first game that was played. It basically fell apart. Also, idc about the drama, it was still fun!!!
This, basically. Dodgeball probably woulda gone better (like last year at Viva omggggg) if we had the timing for the tournament a little better. But, learning from if I host another event sometime.

Sweet™

Smash Famous @PennStateSweet #SweetNation
Premium
Melee Shoutous

1: Mew2king - Nice job, etc. Should've asked you to play friendlies but figured you wouldn't.
2: VaNz - Nice job. Still the best in Ohio. You're funny as hell. Glad we're friends now.
3: Juggleguy - Played you and Naka first round in dubs. Hated it.
4: Nakamaru - Almost took a game off you in pools. Kind of. Nice job in tournament.
5: SilentSwag - JOHNATHON DOUGLAS CARROLL. Yooooo. Get that dark chocolate. Almost got you laid. Glad we became better friends, man.
5: Taki - Still the funniest guy in Pittsburgh. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMWWsY1pIbE
7: Green Ranger - I played one game with your Puff. I probably got lucky. Looking forward to playing more with you at /Hope 5 if you go.
7: Carroll - Based. Thanks for the shirt. Love you. You're cute. House me for /Hope 5. Jr. Baconator was on the house.
9: Skyson - Yooooo. Zelda ditto mm.
9: Ralis - How did YOU make it that far?
9: Dempt - My Zelda, your Falco, mm. Non of that Marth bull**** unless it's my Sheik. :D
9: Zinoto - I don't know who you are, or where you came from, but go back. Your Doc was too good. Didn't expect you to do work like you did.
13: slarti - Hated having you play you first round. **** the fact I killed myself by hanging on the ledge too long. No johns. I'll learn that Peach matchup, just you wait.
13: Z-Axis - Hated having to play you SECOND round. u2good.
13: S1 - Hey, I'm doing your sister.
13: Gunpunch - Yo. Our friendlies were super fun. It was nice meeting you. Nice job beating me in doubles, too. :l
17: J-Bro - Pichu tech chasing Pikachu is something that should never happen. Learn the damn matchup. looool. On the real, it was nice hanging out with you, Johny, Kray, and [insert name]. Idk how we don't know who it was. Anyway. Nice getting to know you.
17: Sweet - You could've done better. Just keep trying.
17: DEES - I didn't see the Falcon Punch, but **** you Ralis. gg getting out of pools.
17: Joe Paturnip - <3
Major Threat Zach Dill - Nice getting to meet you man. Laughs were had.
DokZ - Yoooo. You'll get there.
Vanir - mm me.
That black girl at Wendy's - **** Johny. Like, actually **** him. And thanks for the mints.
Abu - You're a huge ******.
Boner Killer - Stop killing boners.
TIO - What were you thinking...?
Technical Chase - Forgot to find you later and buy that disc. Maybe another time. Also you're the best Dodgeball Captain in the world.
Lokii - Nice tournament. Thanks for hosting.

Anyone else I forgot, sorry. Love you though.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
THE BEST DODGEBALL CAPTAIN YOU'VE EVER MET...SHOUTOUTS

1: Ally ($288.00) - So sexy. Great job 6-0ing M2K!

2: M2K ($132.00) - Your reactions against Sparta Kick when he was keeping up with you were hilarious.

3: Zinoto ($84.00) - I'm really impressed with your growth Julian. I am actually pretty jealous. I wish I had that same level of confidence and optimism you do. You're developing into a fantastic player in such a short time. MI is very proud of you.

4: Shugo ($48.00) - I ****ing hate your :metaknight: !! Lmao GGs. And thanks for noticing I've been working out :woman:

5: Lain ($24.00) - Slowly returning to greatness. I see you baby. You got lucky during doubles though. ;)

5: Kel ($24.00) - You and I need to come to sort of peace treaty here because contrary to what you may think, I don't actually gain pleasure in messing with you. We just wanted to support our fellow MI Smasher because we care. But if this is going to be some sort of recurring theme then get ready. I don't want it to come to that though. Balls in your coirt big boy. Anyway, GGs in doubles and nice job getting 5th with all :marth:.

7: SpartaKick - Not bad. So :salt:y about Loser's Semis in doubles but oh well. You're the best partner ever <3. We definitely proved we've still got it. Glad to see your passion returning here! I've gotta do the same.

7: AlphaZealot - Sorry we didn't MM. I was pretty down after Singles.

9: KB - Good job beating me. You played pretty well this time around. And thus I need to get step it. So get ready homie because I'll be back and better than ever next time around!

9: Carls - Good games. I know I apologized to you at the venue but I will say it again. Very sorry for not being gentlemanly like after the set. It's not characteristic of me at all. I'm still pretty down on myself...but if we play again you're going down. :yeahboi: Nice placement btw.

9: Blue - Looking a little rusty there. :denzel:

9: Gio - Not bad sister. :yeahboi:

13: Mister Eric - I didn't get my revenge. :salt:

13: Thugz Sandbagging expert.

13: Ralph_Cecil - I wanted to play you :(

13: Suyon - The best :metaknight: there ever was.

17: Rabbi - Good games! You need to work on knowing when to Grounded Shuttle Loop better. It's why you got Waft KOed all three stocks in Game 2 lol. We'll work on the MU though back home! Such a cool guy.

17: Tako - Your MK is the biggest troll I have ever seen. Love it. <3

17: Berserker - Those :ike: dittos were the ****! Too bad you ***** me like every game lmao.

17: W.T.P. - Dodgeball warrior.

17: M@V - Bracket *****.

17: Kee - Great job at your first out of state event Jordan. You were really impressive. You're gonna be a rising star in MI as well. Also thanks so much for driving and being cool. I'm really glad I'm getting to know you better. We have much in common. Anyway looking forward to hanging out more back home.

17: Fishy - I wanted to see this alleged awesome PA :rob:.

25: BulletSquall - My boy Jake! Good job making it into bracket. You're moving on up as well! Now...work on the :samus2: MU lmao. Also thanks for hanging out this weekend and making the car ride so funny. Your impressions are the ****!

25: Redbeef baron - Jank doubles team is jank lmao.

25: Tech_Chase - You ****ing suck.

25: JTSM - Hey sexy :yeahboi:

25: Lumi - Fun friendlies after the tournament. It was a good way to reduce my sodium levels. <3 I wanted to play you in tournament though!

25: KSev - Good job making it to bracket son!

25: Stewie - Same as Ksev! Lmao at our set though.

--pools cut off--
33: Hot_Arms - I still can't believe you made it to this.

33: Fosho - And we still never got to play.

33: Clowsui - You already know baby. :denzel:

33: SoulPech - Sorry we didnt get to play.

33: JCav - You can do better than this. We'll be working hard back home James! we gotta work on your consistency and getting you more comfortable going in and changing the tempo of the match. You play really gay but you're not taking advantage of all of Wolf's tools by just playing extremely defensive all the time. You are so much better than this. You're my next area of focus. Get ready. :denzel:

41: FFOri_Bro - You are better than this.

41: Kiest - Nice to see you again. That sexy voice....

41: Jiffy - Sorry we couldnt MM. I wanted to but our driver was on Zombie Status and needed to go.

41: Lokii - Thanks for a fun tournament!

49: Hari - Sadface we couldnt play :(

49: Avion - GGs in pools!

49: Sammy - Nice to meet you finally!

49: S.O.S. - Smh. I'm gonna have to work with you as well. You can do better.

49: Carroll (forfeit) - Nick...you are the grimiest man alive and you know why lmaoooo. :yeahboi:

49: W.C.N. - It was fun hanging out during the weekend.

57: Auspher - You suck for quitting pools.

57: Juu - Affirmative action baby!!

Lastly:

SPECIAL SHOUTOUTS TO MY DODGEBALL TEAM! 4 VS 10 BRINGING IT BACK BABY!! MOST OF YOU WERE MELEE PLAYERS SO I DIDN'T KNOW WHO WAS WHO. BUT THANKS SO MUCH FOR BEING AWESOME. I WOULD TAKE THE EXACT SAME CREW AGAIN IN A HEARTBEAT

Lastly:

Boner Killer:

We can do this **** again and settle it like men.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
yooo I don't care what anybody says, dodgeball was boss.
despite the boners that were killed.
I don't know if dodgeball would have been as funny without boner killer.
but w/e.
Carroll is forever my ***** in dodgeball ;)

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
13: slarti - if you're the peach i played, sorry for the rage. i need work on the matchup, bad
That was me... I almost switched to marth to see if I could beat you with him too, but I didn't want to risk it, lol. A bit of advice, Ganons that I usually have trouble with don't really run in at all. They sit back and wait for me to approach more, dodging/catching turnips. Well-spaced fairs are scary for peach. Always punishing missed downsmashes is important. If I'm really close in downsmash range and you think I'm going to downsmash based on my habits over the course of the match, it's good to jump. If I miss you, you get a free hit, which hurts a lot because ganon. Jab is also very slightly faster than downsmash if you think you can pull it off when I'm up close. Overall, it's more important to not let me get that close in the first place though, as peach, right up on top of you is where I want to be.

Kel

Smash Master
I'm not really sure what you're talking about TC. I don't care if you tell Gio things between games (btw you told him the exact OPPOSITE of what MK should do VS Marth and I explained what he should look for after the game). I think outside of the top players and WTP that MI's demeanor is pretty lame though. There's no need to cheer and go that hard for a match against two people from your own region; much less a pools match. You guys were seriously cheering every time Gio forward rolled and got away with it. I found it amusing and just wanted to **** talk you guys back for making such a big deal out of it. I have absolutely nothing against anyone currently in Michigan and I expect it will stay that way, but you cannot put so much negativity forward and not expect anything back. As I mentioned before, Gio and I are cool and discussed the match up after you guys left. No need for drama or you unleashing this wrath you are foreboding.

GunPunch

Smash Apprentice
lol, dohs dodgeball posts!

if anyone has melee samus matched recorded, it's probly me btw.

shoutouts:
Mew2king - damn. too good! destroyed me in teams. thanks for beating my friend in melee pools with style: link arrow to ness Up-B...awesome.
VaNz - some fun friendlies, although i got owned. well done.
Juggleguy - watched u in teams...nice!
SilentSwag -so. many. dairs. GG's in pools.
Green Ranger - wait, what, what's happening to me?!...oh, its over...good **** man! ur DK is nasty goood
Carroll - dat ZZS was nasty
Ralis - GG's in pools. sometimes it seems close...then u remember that ur falco. fun games
S1 - i'm getting there! fun, close matches mostly. ur fox is still pretty slick
Sweet - GG's in doubles. fun friendlies too. i've practiced the shiek MU. love seeing u destroy spacies tho. (i've got a friendly recorded with you and vanz where u destroy him on the first stock. i'll have to upload it).
DEES - lol, we got matched up a lot this tourny. GG's! it's always fun playing you. close matches too, u almost had me in the bracket!
Lain - derpiest doubles matches ever! GG's
Drillbit Sammy - GG's in bracket man.
Joe Paturnip - man, those downsmashes take a **** ton of techskill! idk how u do it. lol, nice team, good job. had a lot of fun matches. remember that dair combo? lol.
vanir - mad respect for playing pichu like a boss. GG's in pools.

good matches, cool ppl, great tourny!

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Melee Shoutouts

1: Mew2king - GGs in bracket. Finally got the M2k experience lol.
2: VaNz - Next time we'll play in your court ;). I'd love to play your sexy peach in some friendlies.
3: Juggleguy - Homemade MI wreckage right here lol. Good stuff Rob, melee tourneys with you are always fun.
4: Nakamaru - GGs in pools. Your really quick.
5: SilentSwag - I still remember that beating you gave me at Sweet VI. I've gotten a bit better, watch out next time we play ;).
7: Green Ranger - The best fking DK. OMG I sat there and watched you play like all your pool matches. You are like the fanciest DK I've ever seen.
7: Carroll - GGs man. I saw those usmashes that just wouldn't come out lol. Until next time :).
9: Dempt - GGs in pools man. Close matches.
9: Zinoto - Scrubbed your way into the top 10 somehow lol.
13: slarti - I believe I played you in bracket lol. GGs, you gotta utilize the air more. Dsmash gets a little predictable after a while.
13: Gunpunch - Wish I could've played you, but I think you had already left.
17: Battlecow is a ***** - LMFAO, good stuff Gio.
17: Sweet - GGs in pools.
17: Lain - Lol I don't even know if you played all your matches lol. You're definitely like 10x better than me at this game lol.
17: Drillbit Sammy - Nice meeting you and good stuff making it into brax.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
yooooo gunpunch the peach main :D

also, just remembered...
CARROLL!!! WHY YOU PUT ME AND RALIS IN THE SAME POOL?!?!?!?
WE PLAY EVERY DAMN DAY.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I'm not really sure what you're talking about TC. I don't care if you tell Gio things between games (btw you told him the exact OPPOSITE of what MK should do VS Marth and I explained what he should look for after the game). I think outside of the top players and WTP that MI's demeanor is pretty lame though. There's no need to cheer and go that hard for a match against two people from your own region; much less a pools match. You guys were seriously cheering every time Gio forward rolled and got away with it. I found it amusing and just wanted to **** talk you guys back for making such a big deal out of it. I have absolutely nothing against anyone currently in Michigan and I expect it will stay that way, but you cannot put so much negativity forward and not expect anything back. As I mentioned before, Gio and I are cool and discussed the match up after you guys left. No need for drama or you unleashing this wrath you are foreboding.
I gave him what I believed to be the best advice based off how he was getting punished. But anyway....you were the one who started the whole ordeal. Like that was pretty rude of you to just eavesdrop when we're trying to give our friend some advice. It was the intent behind it. And I mean I interpreted your overzealousness in trying to listen in on us as a **** move so I decided to cheer against you. I originally thought you were just kidding. But you seemed adamant and then I perceived to you being a **** intentionally. If I misinterpreted I'm sorry. Your demeanor is very confusing to me. But... then you went around throwing idle threats "You better not cheer against me later or you'll regret it later. Ask Lain" When you say things like that in person, it contradicts what you're saying now. And this line:

you cannot put so much negativity forward and not expect anything back.
You should heed your own words.

Anyway, I'm not really interested in making this a giant issue. But it needed to be addressed because frankly you were wrong as well. And I was wrong too. I'm glad things with Gio and you are cool. But seriously, you should think about how your actions can be perceived.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Brawl Singles (Top 32)

1: Ally ($288.00) :snake: :fox:
2: M2K ($132.00) :metaknight:
3: Zinoto ($84.00) :diddy:
4: Shugo ($48.00) :falco:
5: Lain ($24.00) :metaknight: :popo: :dedede:
5: Kel ($24.00) :marth:
7: SpartaKick :snake:
7: AlphaZealot :diddy: :dk2:
9: KB :peach: :marth:
9: Carls :fox:
9: Blue :wario:
9: Gio :metaknight:
13: Mister Eric :rob:
13: Thugz :metaknight: :pikachu2:
13: Ralph_Cecil :snake:
13: Suyon :pit:
17: Rabbi :metaknight:
17: Tako :rob: :dedede:
17: Berserker :ike:
17: MX :yoshi2: :fox:
17: W.T.P. :falco:
17: M@V :fox: :metaknight:
17: Kee :olimar:
17: Fishy :rob:
25: SpaceThing
25: BulletSquall :snake:
25: Redbeef baron
25: Tech_Chase :dedede:
25: JTSM :snake:
25: Lumi :wolf: :metaknight:
25: KSev :snake:
25: Stewie :popo: :metaknight:
--pools cut off--
33: Hot_Arms :olimar:
33: Fosho :pit:
33: Blimp
33: Clowsui :marth:
33: VaNz :peach:
33: SoulPech :jigglypuff:
33: JCav :wolf:
33: King
41: TheRealFatty :dedede: :falco:
41: FFOri_Bro :olimar:
41: Kiest :dedede:
41: Tim
41: TheGreen*******
41: Jiffy :wario:
41: Lokii
41: Links :toonlink:
49: Beanburrito :dk2:
49: Mothers Against Drunk Driving :dk2:
49: Hari :pit:
49: Avion
49: Sammy :luigi2:
49: S.O.S. :diddy:
49: Carroll (forfeit) :zerosuitsamus:
49: W.C.N. :random:
57: Mr. H
57: denzi :falco:
57: Auspher :wolf:
57: Juu :mario2: :pit: :fox:

Melee singles (35 Entrants Top 24 Bracket)

1: Mew2king :sheikmelee: :marthmelee:
2: VaNz :foxmelee:
3: Juggleguy :falconmelee:
4: Nakamaru :falconmelee:
5: SilentSwag :sheikmelee:
5: Taki :foxmelee:
7: Carroll :foxmelee: :marthmelee:
7: Green Ranger :dkmelee:
9: Skyson :sheikmelee:
9: Ralis :falcomelee:
9: Dempt :marthmelee:
9: Zinoto :drmario:
13: Slarti :peachmelee:
13: Z-Axis :falcomelee:
13: S1 :foxmelee:
13: Gunpunch :peachmelee:
17: J-Bro :ganonmelee:
17: Battlecow is a ***** (Gio) :yeahboi: :sheikmelee: :marthmelee:
17: Sweet :sheikmelee:
17: Freeze
17: DEES :falconmelee:
17: Lain (DQ'd) :marthmelee: :falcomelee:
17: Drillbit Sammy :luigimelee:
17: Joe Paturnip :peachmelee:
---Pools cut off---
25: MAJOR THREAT ZACH DILL
25: HouseWife
25: Jiffy
25: Dubs
25: Blue Rouge
25: Robm
31: Stndrgndr
31: Dinko
31: Dokz
31: Vanir
31: M.A.D.D.

Hope this helped a bit ^_^

S1 The God

Feeding the streets since 1885
Melee singles (35 Entrants Top 24 Bracket)

1: Mew2king :sheikmelee: :marthmelee:
2: VaNz :foxmelee:
3: Juggleguy :falconmelee:
4: Nakamaru :falconmelee:
5: SilentSwag :sheikmelee:
5: Taki :foxmelee:
7: Carroll :foxmelee: :marthmelee:
7: Green Ranger :dkmelee:
9: Skyson :sheikmelee:
9: Ralis :falcomelee:
9: Dempt :marthmelee:
9: Zinoto :drmario:
13: Slarti :peachmelee:
13: Z-Axis :falcomelee:
13: S1 :foxmelee:
13: Gunpunch :peachmelee:
17: J-Bro :ganonmelee:
17: Battlecow is a ***** (Gio) :yeahboi:
17: Sweet :sheikmelee:
17: Freeze :marthmelee:
17: DEES :falconmelee:
17: Lain (DQ'd) :marthmelee: :falcomelee:
17: Drillbit Sammy :luigimelee:
17: Joe Paturnip :peachmelee:
---Pools cut off---
25: MAJOR THREAT ZACH DILL :marthmelee:
25: HouseWife
25: Jiffy :foxmelee: :ganonmelee:
25: Dubs :sheikmelee:
25: Blue Rouge
25: Robm
31: Stndrgndr
31: Dinko :peachmelee:
31: Dokz :drmario:
31: Vanir :foxmelee:
31: M.A.D.D. :marthmelee:

added more, people who didn't make it out of pools are PEOPLE TOO

fZk

Smash Lord
Too bad I couldn't go to this it sounded like a great time. Good job to Zinoto, Lain and SK, had I been there I would have cheered you all to top 3.

THE BEST DODGEBALL CAPTAIN YOU'VE EVER MET...SHOUTOUTS

17: Kee - Great job at your first out of state event Jordan. You were really impressive. You're gonna be a rising star in MI as well. Also thanks so much for driving and being cool. I'm really glad I'm getting to know you better. We have much in common. Anyway looking forward to hanging out more back home.

I see you :woman:

Suck it other MI people.
Kevin you always make me laugh.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Brawl Shoutouts

9: Carls :fox: - GGs. You gotta work on your mixups though, camping alone doesn't net kills. Once :diddy: gets to 100% lasers don't matter lol. An usmash at 100% or 300% is gonna kill me, so you have to make your opponent mess up. .
just give up with fox vs diddy

impossible mu is impossible

unless diddy trips into usmashes

**** tripping

S1 The God

Feeding the streets since 1885
jesus christ, you brawl people

**** talk happens in smash, no need to type paragraphs at people

Top Bottom