• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rage-quitting

Deoxyribonucleic_acid

Smash Cadet
Have you done it before? I have plenty of times. Especially when I'm losing horribly and know that there is no hope in coming back.

maian

Smash Apprentice
Well, my friends and I don't play as competitively as people here. We just play first to ten wins, with random characters and stages. Our rules are kind of "law," so it's really rare when someone rage quits. But there IS the occasional time where you're kicking *** (or getting your *** kicked), and after three or four KOs, the screen will suddenly pause and LRXY in seconds. It kind of adds to the fun, in my opinion. Then again, I don't think either of us has SERIOUSLY rage quit. Most of the time when the loser voluntarily prematurely ends the match it's more of a "FFFFFUUUU- I can't win" instead of "RAGH RAGE H8 H8 H8 UR CHEAP ****** I SUK ARRRGH"

...If you know what I mean.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Rage-quitting is positively lame and there is no excuse for it.

Learn how to accept loss and learn from it, be a good sport, and learn how to control yourself from getting so mad. Else, you have no place in a competitive environment.

Not only does a positive attitude show respect for your opponent, it will also help you immensely in improving your own game.

If you continue to rage-quit, you will undoubtedly inhibit your own growth while simultaneously pushing others of the community away from you, which will prevent your growth even further. No one has fun playing against someone who gets unnecessarily angry at you for beating them. It's a lose/lose scenario.

You might as well just outright tell someone that they should have zero respect for you, because it's the same as rage-quitting. No one respects that behavior. It's pathetic and immature.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Only in friendlies, and when I'm losing my last stock (I just got sent off the top blast zone on my last stock, and am turning into a star)... It makes me feel better not seeing the "2nd place: Kirby/ZSS" screen.

Not an egotistical thing, by the way... More like, better this than slamming my controller against the wall, which apparently, in PR it's the latest fad.

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
if by rage quitting u mean beating your opponent severely over the head with your controller, then yes.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Casually, yes.

Competitively, no.

I got 2 stocked by a ridiculously spammy MK. I garuntee the c-stick was his ***** cause all he did was dair, dsmash, and up-b. I got around it Falco, but I went with Lucario and never won a freakin' match.

I didn't quit though, I just finished the matches and left the room to look up the Lucario vs. Meta Knight match-up (I was doing almost EVERYTHING wrong). 40:60 disadvantage with the slightest bit of lag kills me.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Rage-quitting is still gay even in friendlies... talk about a mood killer. You're trying to have a good time and someone gets pissed at you and throws a fit and maybe even his controller? Freaking lame.

Deoxyribonucleic_acid

Smash Cadet
Rage-quitting is positively lame and there is no excuse for it.

Learn how to accept loss and learn from it, be a good sport, and learn how to control yourself from getting so mad. Else, you have no place in a competitive environment.

Not only does a positive attitude show respect for your opponent, it will also help you immensely in improving your own game.

If you continue to rage-quit, you will undoubtedly inhibit your own growth while simultaneously pushing others of the community away from you, which will prevent your growth even further. No one has fun playing against someone who gets unnecessarily angry at you for beating them. It's a lose/lose scenario.

You might as well just outright tell someone that they should have zero respect for you, because it's the same as rage-quitting. No one respects that behavior. It's pathetic and immature.
But what if you KNOW that there's no chance in hell in coming back?

Sometimes you just dont see the point in playing, especially if you're not enjoying the match

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789
I only rage quit on wifi when someone is being a *****.
Unless you're talking about mario kart.
Every single ****** race.

Jobes

Smash Apprentice
Rage quitting is never a good idea. It makes you look like a bloody fool. Also, i think theres always hope to come back and win. You just gotta keep cool.

DennisTheKing

Smash Cadet
For me, i always try to have a good time and im a good sport MOSTLY...but occasionally i get those jerks who think that spamming means they are the best brawlers out there...i don't rage quit but after i win or lose i just say gg and if my opponent then talks trash...then i leave...cause i hate people who talk like that and spammers and also, NO, using 1 move(Snake's using nades only, for example) is not part of any strategy idc what anyone says...using nades only proves u lack the ability to use different moves.

but other than that...im a pretty chilled brawler lol :)

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Lol nope, because I'm usually winning.

Seriously though, I came close one time, I was Bowser and my mate was Ganon, I walked into Warlock punch, not once, not twice but FOUR times! So pissed...

Realmz

Smash Apprentice
I used to play this one MK main on Wifi alot. I almost always beat him, and even made some pretty crazy comebacks a few times. He ended up changing his taunts to things like "you're not manly" and "lets go you *****" because he didn't know how to PS projectiles to save his life. He started quitting practically every match before losing and rehosted with Franklin Badges on xD

I've never actually rage-quit.

But I think some person thinks that I do because my mother got angry at me playing the Wii for an hour during the night, thus she held down the On/Off button until that screen went black.

:mad:

I have made some people on With Anyone rage-quit though. Once they begin to try acting like a friend and then attempting to attack you, you know that they're irritated.

Apollo$

Smash Ace
I rage- quited twice but I was such a noobie back then, My friends rage quit on me though or just get really mad.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I don't rage quit.

The only time I did get angry with a match was when I was Squirtle against Mario. Withdraw towards him, got caped, spun off the edge and lost a stock. Next stock, go to attack Mario, get knocked off the edge, Mario meteor smashes me.

I was like o_o for a few seconds, before repeatedly running off the edge to lose my last few stocks.

The only time I do the pause screen quit is when I pick random stage and get a terrible custom stage, when I leave items on by mistake, or when my random character is terrible.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Chances are, I WILL drop out and immediately remove someone if they have an insulting taunt. I'm fed up of playing "WTF PWNND!11" guys online.

Silk

Smash Apprentice
Rage quitting is never a good idea. It makes you look like a bloody fool. Also, i think theres always hope to come back and win. You just gotta keep cool.
lol I'm tempted to say you rhymed two of those sentences on purpose.

If you "rage quit" on a last stock star-KO, then you're just saving time, any other time is kind of lame-ish, just finish the match.

highfive

Smash Lord
Every time the word "rage quit" comes up I imagine that one fat kid playing Dance Dance Revolution.

Hobs

Smash Journeyman
I used to play this one MK main on Wifi alot. I almost always beat him, and even made some pretty crazy comebacks a few times. He ended up changing his taunts to things like "you're not manly" and "lets go you *****" because he didn't know how to PS projectiles to save his life. He started quitting practically every match before losing and rehosted with Franklin Badges on xD
That's really sad.

Jobes

Smash Apprentice
lol I'm tempted to say you rhymed two of those sentences on purpose.

If you "rage quit" on a last stock star-KO, then you're just saving time, any other time is kind of lame-ish, just finish the match.
lol! That wasn't on purpose but good eye ;)

Top Bottom