• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.U.N Crew is over, was good friends. Lock this thread please

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUM163

Smash Lord
yea i use to do training grounds. it was great stuff. it was for people who wanted to seriously train. i'm gonna bring it back soon enough. also crew wars date will be coming soon.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Bring your $2.00 for tonight people!!

@ Yes's place on Busch campus. Any questions, call the great Keitaro @ 908-380-3506

HELL YEAH BABY!!!!

Wolydarg

Smash Journeyman
Ohh man, Woly got wrecked today...

Good stuff from zB as always. Totally outnumbered MOB this week.

Bsc totally has gordo hacks.

Wolydarg

Smash Journeyman
1 - Spam
2 - Keitaro
3 - Yes!
4 - Pierce

And don't remember the rest. I think there were 11 people. And only 3 tv's =(

Everyone needs to go buy a TV on black friday. Small CRTs shouldn't be that expensive. Or you can be baller and get an LCD like ZB (how come that one doesn't lag?)

edit::friggin hell, 2 people posted in the time it took me to write this.

Keitaro

Results!!

1: Teh Spamerer ($10.00)
2: Keitaro ($6.00)
3: Yes ($4.00)
4: Pierce
5: Malcom
5: Bschung
7: Eazy
7: Umbra
9: R J
9: Ryko
9: Woly

Bracket: http://i38.tinypic.com/2iag22e.gif

One note, Malcolm's Sonic is BEAST!!!!! Now I see all the hype that Bum had over it :bee:

Edit, another note: I see no reason for these to not count towards rankings.

Keitaro

I understand that and had a hard time seeding because I didn't want the ZB crew to fight each other first round causing Yes and Pierce to not get a bye. I told them they were 2nd seed "with Spam and I 1st" but it was hard to seed them.

Results turned out fine anyway so hush :p

Keitaro

Yes I do :p

First serious set I had with Spam in a long time. I lost every match. Made me realize I have a loooong way to go :(

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Silence peons. I am Captain Star Falco, Saviour of the Universe. I am a TRUE hero, the likes of which has never seen before. Heinous villains like Sheik and Marth crumple beneath my feet. My blaster makes a sound, which is the very essence of heroism, but to the likes of you peons it goes "pew". I rescue my worthless wingmate Fox in Star Fox Adventures because he sucks. My tail is really a sword that goes "swish" when I swing it. I wear some nice boots that spin like poetry in motion when I spike villains into oblivion. I rush in to the battle with no hesitation, fighting for honor and JUSTICE! My combos are beautiful and can go on for infinite periods of time. My heroism has made me hated by villains such as Inui. You have a choice before you, will you side with the disciples of the devil, or will you side with me? Always remember, you can't stop a TRUE hero!

My archive of awesomeness
My theme song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB9pZSxQaQk&feature=related
Falco ****: http://youtube.com/watch?v=LU4cb5dL6HM
Shades of Falco: http://youtube.com/watch?v=7vHxXE6VmJE
Laser beams: http://youtube.com/watch?v=IUa53ZPMS50
Infinite lasers: http://youtube.com/watch?v=3UTpaKhElhk
My disciple giving instructions on how to get girls: http://youtube.com/watch?v=93kbgcUF1bE
Star Falco: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRnkELm91ag

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Someone quote me so Spam sees this since I'm on his prestigious ignore list:

You're gay kashif. That is all. :D

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Get at my double posts...something...

To Malcolm and ZB: good to see you guys as always. you're all amazing to hang out with and are welcome here anytime.

Pride: nice seeing/talking to you for a total of 1.5 minutes lmao :)

Doyoung: I didn't get to see your hax :( stop being so good/nonexistent :p

1: Teh Spamerer ($10.00) - you're still gay. teach me to not suck plzkthx
2: Keitaro ($6.00) - FALCON!!! it'll happen dude...sk92 and you shall fall...
3: Yes ($4.00) - oh baby you're so secksy
4: Pierce - good matches man. I'm still scared of fighting you <3
5: Malcom - AMAZING friendlies bro. waaaaay too fun. sorry i had to take your squirtle off the roster lmao! come by here anytime my dude anytime.
5: Bschung - d3 is sooo fat :) needs more gordos though. you were off your gordo game last night :laugh:
7: Eazy - ...I don't suck vs d3 v.v
7: Umbra - we didn't play at all wtf...pit on delfino looks sooo gay btw xD
9: R J - luigi! luigi! luigi! lmao btw platform stages with snake are bad :-/
9: Ryko - you turned my snake into an emo person :( 0-deathing myself twice isn't fun xD nice matches though
9: Woly - wolyyyyyy best ganon alive :) bowser is too cute xD

Eazy23

Smash Lord
A situation like this where the tourny atmosphere is present, I have no problem with being counted on the rankings. Everyone was obviously trying their hardest so there is actually no dispute.

Sucks that I had to fight 2 of the 3 people I didnt feel completely confident against.

Peirce-good matches, Im glad you showed me the gimmicks that are alive in marth dittos.
Malcolm- good matches to u to bro. Mad gay how marth decides to just get up off the ledge and get punched:(
Yehs- ur not good vs d3. If you cant take my criticisms without becoming defensive and reacting the way you do, i will never offer them to you again. You make plenty of dumb mistakes, and instead on working and getting better you just try to play gay. You beat inui and atomsk and think you are some meta killing god now or something, but spam showed you how far you really are from being amazing. I wish my crew mates would tell me where I was lacking and what I should do differently. But w/e have fun living your life of "thinking your amazing" and arguing with your crew mate for simply saying you werent good in a matchup.
Woly- nice talking on the bus. dont choke so hard next time!
Spam- you are just to good bro. Thanks for the mk practice.
keitaro- good shiz yesterday, keep it up.
Everyone else, thanks for coming and great seeing you.

Wolydarg

Smash Journeyman
Woly- nice talking on the bus. dont choke so hard next time!
Then hit me up on aim ('wolydarg says') or msn (wolydarg@gmail.com) whenever you guys play outside of the RU Smashfests. I can walk to your place in like, 3 minutes. And I'm on Busch for all my classes, so wherever's always good.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Yehs- ur not good vs d3. If you cant take my criticisms without becoming defensive and reacting the way you do, i will never offer them to you again. You make plenty of dumb mistakes, and instead on working and getting better you just try to play gay. You beat inui and atomsk and think you are some meta killing god now or something, but spam showed you how far you really are from being amazing. I wish my crew mates would tell me where I was lacking and what I should do differently. But w/e have fun living your life of "thinking your amazing" and arguing with your crew mate for simply saying you werent good in a matchup.
Playing gay obviously works seeing as how I've gotten top 3 in the last 3 events I've been to. I joke about being a Metaknight killer why so serious? Ask bschung how I did vs his d3. You know full well I wasn't trying vs your's and I sd'd twice at zero vs Ryko. I random'd him and went fox because I'm pretty sure Ryko didn't have fox practice as d3 and if d3 doesn't know what to do fox ***** the **** out of him and because I was mad about sd'ing and gave snake a time out :laugh:.

I don't know what advice I can give you about getting better. You play with us alot and supposedly **** us all the time so I don't see how we can help. Whatever though I don't want this to be a big deal. I'll watch you play some matches and see how I can help tomorrow.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
He's good vs Dedede and he's good against MK. Kashif is just on another level than all of you, so of course he'll **** you all.

Yes! has improved far more than anyone at Rutgers recently. I think he's better than Keitaro but just loses due to Falco. I don't see where this is coming from considering how much better he's gotten and how much better he is than you.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I think yes! loses due to doing jab jab to grab instead of u-tilt when his opponents are at 160% or higher.

Maybe it's just me.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I think yes! loses due to doing jab jab to grab instead of u-tilt when his opponents are at 160% or higher.

Maybe it's just me.
Tech skill johns!

This is somehow your fault haley...i didnt know zero tech skill was contagious. but nah i'm working on it el. btw where were u last nite?

bschung

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2981-6884-5065
Great time as always, thanks for hosting. I didn't get to play some of you though =\ Next time. Also yesterday was a little busy but Yes! we gotta play chess sometime

About whether these things 'count' towards the rankings: after i saw that the last one wasn't going to count, i figured they just weren't going to. Now i see there's talk of making this one be worth something.

Well... was the tourney atmosphere not present previously? It honestly seemed pretty much exactly the same each time i've come (i've come to three of these). And, I personally never drove 50+ miles (one way) only to get sandbagged in the first place - in friendlies, sure, but in a double elim bracket? I figured people were going to take it competitively - I mean, it was advertised on your thread, was called a tourney, the results and bracket images were always posted each time... why wouldn't anyone try to win, in a set, whether it was no-money or $2 (a pretty small difference IMO)? If someone did sandbag a set, wouldn't it also be their own individual choice. Making their personal performance less-than-valid, but not necessarily the whole tournament's?

If i'm somehow wrong on something please say so. With the information i have, which very well may be incomplete, it just slightly sounds unfair to pick which ones 'count' like that. I like you guys a lot and i obviously have a good time each time, so please don't take what I'm saying the wrong way. I just want to try to understand how things work. So since you all have more experience than i, and two of you are NJ panelists, ... what exactly is it?

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
ST = Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo although I don't actually have that game. I have Hyper Street Fighter 2 Anniversary Edition.

A2 = Street Fighter Alpha 2

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Tournament bracket/pool/whatever + involvement of money + normal rules = valid for rankings discussion.

Blue Battle Circuit #3, which had no money, won't count even as much as this event because this one had money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom