• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.U.N Crew is over, was good friends. Lock this thread please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
To answer my questions before.

Falco's best pokes are f-tilt, jab and his laser. F-tilt has good range, hits on frame 6 and although it has nasty frame disadvantage of -17 or-16 the shield push back makes it pretty safe. Jab is just fast at frame 3 I believe and it leads to mix-ups on block. jab to grab. jab jab roll, grab, SH back then single laser or double laser. Or hold jab for blade spin.

Laser is pure sex. Stage control, limits your opponents options, damage, and spammable.

Yummy.

Falco's silent laser...ya know the laser that makes no noise when you SH it and shoot it right before you land? Yeah, it gives + 3 frame advantage.

Let's talk about that for a bit. Frame advantage is pretty simple actually. Frames are just a measurement of time. There are 60 frames in one second. 1 frame = 1/60th of a second. If a move gives frame advantage then that means that the attacker is left with extra time to choose an action while his opponent is still in block stun. Basically it means you can act sooner then your opponent while your opponent is literally stuck for a bit. Frame disadvantage is the opposite. The defender is able to act before his opponent.

This is why it's so easy to punish on block in this game and Melee as well. Blocking generally leaves you the defender at frame advantage and the attacker at disadvantage. Of course there are other things to take into account.

If a move leaves you at disadvantage you need to think about how long it would take for them to punish you or act. Dropping a shield takes 7 frames. Jumping from a shield takes 4 to 6 frames depending on the character. Sometimes more or less. Rolling is around 25 frames give or take per character. You also need to take shield push back into account. If they want to hit you then they have to run up to you if they got pushed back far. This will take several frames as well. Which is why an attack like Falco's f-tilt is good in block. Although it leaves Falco at a HORRENDOUS disadvantage the shield push back combined with the fact that it takes 7 frames to drop a shield means his opponent will have a hard time punishing him.

99.9% of the attacks in this game leave the attacker at frame disadvantage. This is why Falco's silent laser is such a big deal. With this Falco can actually do true block strings. a Block strong is fighting game lingo for a series of attacks that can't be interrupted when the first hit is blocked. Why? Because the attacker has frame advantage throughout the whole thing. If the defender tries to attack then they will just get hit.

Also when the attacker has frame advantage and they have options to cover their opponents options, this is known as a frame trap. So when Falco does that silent laser. For exactly 3 frames his opponent will be frozen while Falco can start to do something.

Now of course 3 frames is not enough time to think about anything. So you need to already have a plan. Luckily lasers are so good that w/e you were planning on doing if the laser hit will more then likely work if it was block. So you can jab combo or tilt or grab. They are all good follow-ups.

Understand?

And of course, when you add in the time it would take for them to unshield and hit you or jump from shield to attack, your advantage is even larger. Of course moves that come straight from shield will be faster. So be more wary of shield grabs and attacks straight from the shield. But if you spaced yourself well then you will be ok.

Everyone got that?

Eazy23

Smash Lord
no it wont count as much because again, you loss to yehs. Proving that you are not as amazing as you think you are...figures.

Im shuttin down Brawl egos one by one. Anyone want to get embarrassed?

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer

Falco's best pokes are f-tilt, jab and his laser. F-tilt has good range, hits on frame 6 and although it has nasty frame disadvantage of -17 or-16 the shield push back makes it pretty safe. Jab is just fast at frame 3 I believe and it leads to mix-ups on block. jab to grab. jab jab roll, grab, SH back then single laser or double laser. Or hold jab for blade spin.

Laser is pure sex. Stage control, limits your opponents options, damage, and spammable.

Yummy.

Falco's silent laser...ya know the laser that makes no noise when you SH it and shoot it right before you land? Yeah, it gives + 3 frame advantage.

Let's talk about that for a bit. Frame advantage is pretty simple actually. Frames are just a measurement of time. There are 60 frames in one second. 1 frame = 1/60th of a second. If a move gives frame advantage then that means that the attacker is left with extra time to choose an action while his opponent is still in block stun. Basically it means you can act sooner then your opponent while your opponent is literally stuck for a bit. Frame disadvantage is the opposite. The defender is able to act before his opponent.

This is why it's so easy to punish on block in this game and Melee as well. Blocking generally leaves you the defender at frame advantage and the attacker at disadvantage. Of course there are other things to take into account.

If a move leaves you at disadvantage you need to think about how long it would take for them to punish you or act. Dropping a shield takes 7 frames. Jumping from a shield takes 4 to 6 frames depending on the character. Sometimes more or less. Rolling is around 25 frames give or take per character. You also need to take shield push back into account. If they want to hit you then they have to run up to you if they got pushed back far. This will take several frames as well. Which is why an attack like Falco's f-tilt is good in block. Although it leaves Falco at a HORRENDOUS disadvantage the shield push back combined with the fact that it takes 7 frames to drop a shield means his opponent will have a hard time punishing him.

99.9% of the attacks in this game leave the attacker at frame disadvantage. This is why Falco's silent laser is such a big deal. With this Falco can actually do true block strings. a Block strong is fighting game lingo for a series of attacks that can't be interrupted when the first hit is blocked. Why? Because the attacker has frame advantage throughout the whole thing. If the defender tries to attack then they will just get hit.

Also when the attacker has frame advantage and they have options to cover their opponents options, this is known as a frame trap. So when Falco does that silent laser. For exactly 3 frames his opponent will be frozen while Falco can start to do something.

Now of course 3 frames is not enough time to think about anything. So you need to already have a plan. Luckily lasers are so good that w/e you were planning on doing if the laser hit will more then likely work if it was block. So you can jab combo or tilt or grab. They are all good follow-ups.

Understand?

And of course, when you add in the time it would take for them to unshield and hit you or jump from shield to attack, your advantage is even larger. Of course moves that come straight from shield will be faster. So be more wary of shield grabs and attacks straight from the shield. But if you spaced yourself well then you will be ok.

Everyone got that?
Wow I think I learned how to play falco :laugh:

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
no it wont count as much because again, you loss to yehs. Proving that you are not as amazing as you think you are...figures.

Im shuttin down Brawl egos one by one. Anyone want to get embarrassed?
**** that I'm downright amazing as long as I'm not gimped, hogged, rolled on, rushed down, camped, spammed or chaingrabbed.

A
ma
zing

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
The main thing actually was that I kept ****ing up grabbing you out of drill. You play more patient than rookie does and your fox is definitely legit (getting power shielded 5 times out of my second fastest move is a good enough indication of that) but later on I started actually getting it right, was just too little too late lol

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
ZSS is fun =D.

She does funny stuff if your opponent air dodges when you expect it :laugh:.

up-tilt, jump wait... upair, up -b, dsmash, dsmash ,bair

LOL brawl shenanigans :laugh:
I'm sorry sir, but you are going to have to post louder! I can't hear you over all the anime in your post!

jk <3 ya zss is fun

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
i really did want to try ur MK vs my sonic. i forsee it being painful but very informative lol. no need to worry about running the clock...i play the most aggressive sonic i can think of lol =P

Keitaro

Banned via Administration

Yummy.

Understand?

Everyone got that?
Good **** man.

Thing is, alot of this I learned naturally from playing. For example the TDI and SDIing I just learned about yesterday I've been doing since the first month of playing Brawl.

Keitaro is too good and learns alot of stuff naturally, whether they are supposed to work or not, and makes them work :laugh:

I really loved the info though, learned some stuff and high tech advanced wordsctechniques ;)

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
i really did want to try ur MK vs my sonic. i forsee it being painful but very informative lol. no need to worry about running the clock...i play the most aggressive sonic i can think of lol =P
I wanna try other Sonic matchups also. Meta vs Sonic sounds gay in my head even if you don't run away.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
How Do People Do The Whole Write A Word And Cross It Out Thing Ahhh Its Crazy!

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
that falco post by EL is verryr informative u should drop posts like that every once in a while. do u like to play fighting games a lot? do thigns from liek street fighter carry over to smash or only the terms , and basics like attack>grab>block

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Add reply, type crap, click on the S with a line through it, on the right side of the symbols above the text box. I.E. Spam is straight gay.

or you could just do [ S ] no spaces tho [ /S ]

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
that falco post by EL is verryr informative u should drop posts like that every once in a while. do u like to play fighting games a lot? do thigns from liek street fighter carry over to smash or only the terms , and basics like attack>grab>block
So like....have you NEVER been to the Marth boards?

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
But...he has spoken to me and seen me before.

He knows exactly who I am.

lol.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
lol any specific threads? i stopped going on the marth boards 2 months after brawls release. i should check back tho i hear u like to make your eliteness known

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom