• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I like Sheik. She's fun to play. Actually, I enjoy playin a lot of the low - mid tiers. I just find it a little bit hard to kill with her. Usmash sweetspot is good, but I feel like her aerials were nerfed too much from melee. Also, I love her dacus, but I gotta claw the controller since you can't use up + Z (or am I wrong?).
That is correct, you will just grab, I set R to attack and use that instead.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
^ Much easier to do it that way. You just have to move your the control stick from left/right to up. Make a quarter circle motion while doing the other stuff.

Minnesota has the weirdest newcasts. Who the heck cares if Brett Farve will be retiring or not.

That is correct, you will just grab, I set R to attack and use that instead.
Or do what I do and completely switch around the z button for attack, and R for grab. My L trigger gets ***** to death and I am nearing the end of another controller due to the L trigger going bad, but it works.

Also, every character that can hold it's own against a majority of the cast has potiential to break out of that mid-tier slum I feel. However, considering tournaments, there is a lack of skill playing those characters. The shiek that got 4th must be fairly good.

^ Much easier to do it that way. You just have to move your the control stick from left/right to up. Make a quarter circle motion while doing the other stuff.
Or again, do as I do. My dacus method is up/left or up/right (hold) -> c-stick (down) -> z (set to attack) Much easier than trying to slide the control stick to two different positions and get the timing right.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Shiek is underrated completely. We have a great Sheik in our state that got 4th at our tournament this weekend. Steamrolling through Metaknights and other skilled people. I thiunk her Metagame is still underdeveloped.

tutu sucks, noone ever knows the sheik mu
Minnesota has the weirdest newcasts. Who the heck cares if Brett Farve will be retiring or not.

Or do what I do and completely switch around the z button for attack, and R for grab. My L trigger gets ***** to death and I am nearing the end of another controller due to the L trigger going bad, but it works.

Also, every character that can hold it's own against a majority of the cast has potiential to break out of that mid-tier slum I feel. However, considering tournaments, there is a lack of skill playing those characters. The shiek that got 4th must be fairly good.

Or again, do as I do. My dacus method is up/left or up/right (hold) -> c-stick (down) -> z (set to attack) Much easier than trying to slide the control stick to two different positions and get the timing right.
we were gonna get to the superbowl without favre, and now we will for sure

We can get to the superbowl alright, the question is whether or not if we can even win it xD

We have gotten there like what... 6--4 times in the past only to lose each chance.

ZTD | TECHnology

I swear my method isnt that hard. But different strokes for different folks.

@ Nappy: There is a lack of Sheik MU but he doesnt suck. Tutu is legit and shouldve had 3rd if he hadnt kept screwing it the dash grabs vs Kenny.

BigDaddy4

Smash Journeyman
i was able to get tutu down to his last stock and avoid a 3 stock with my scrub snake once i figured out his style (too little too late.) Point is people dont know the sheik matchup. Not saying Tutu is bad im just saying sheik is a terrible character in brawl.

_Azure_

Smash Journeyman
I swear my method isnt that hard. But different strokes for different folks.

@ Nappy: There is a lack of Sheik MU but he doesnt suck. Tutu is legit and shouldve had 3rd if he hadnt kept screwing it the dash grabs vs Kenny.
Lol Tutu had that but stupid mistakes got the best of him. It's all good Tutu's got this next time :D

o. I highly doubt it, HIGHLY doubt it. When I lose to Sheik in brackets I'll quit brawl singles officially.

ZTD | TECHnology

Not saying Sheik is amazing but she is better than people giving credit. Not saying Kenny is bad either because he definitely isnt. But Tutucouldve had that set. That's the main point I want to emphasize.

etecoon

Smash Hero
havok's blog is ****, good ****!

i was able to get tutu down to his last stock and avoid a 3 stock with my scrub snake once i figured out his style (too little too late.) Point is people dont know the sheik matchup. Not saying Tutu is bad im just saying sheik is a terrible character in brawl.
being predictable is a player fault, sheik has the options to mix up and is far from being terrible. I'm not saying she's MK or diddy either, but she's way undervalued atm

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru

Fatal error: Call to undefined function handle_bbcode_drupal() in /var/www/smashboards/releases/100806125629/public_html/includes/class_bbcode.php on line 1337

Thats what I got when I tried to view the blog

lulwut

**Havok**

Smash Lord
try:

The Electric Scribble .com

I want to give back to the community <3 lol

But yea just post anything on there, I don't care if we know each other or not. Check it out!

ZTD | TECHnology

So I'm considering picking up MK to learn the MU ....but I cant get over the fact that I would feel like I'm playing dirty. Someone help me get over this lol

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
or you could not have a heart like myself and make it your sole purpose to humiliate and annihilate people.

I sacred combo little kids all day and I take great enjoyment out of it.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
So, it's official, Snake is too slow. If he just had a bit more ground speed, we'd have a grab release -> utilt and a bunch of other **** on MK.
Wouldn't matter anyway. It wouldn't really help us in the MU since MK's hardly ever get grabbed unless they do something predictable or stupid.

Just look at Yoshi's MU against MK for an example where a CG doesn't help.

If I do dominate little ones, I teach little by little.

Anyone think it's strange that the Gray Fox pre-beta vid I made is linked at various Japanese sites???

**Havok**

Smash Lord
So I'm considering picking up MK to learn the MU ....but I cant get over the fact that I would feel like I'm playing dirty. Someone help me get over this lol
It does help, it might give you a better insight on what you can punish in MK's moveset and what mistakes look like.

The only reason I think Snake can beat MK is because of the human element.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Tommy likes to take advantage of little kids :(
Yes I do.

If I do dominate little ones, I teach little by little.
Some of the older kids at my work will occasionaly ask me some things about smash and I do explain some more advanced things to them. but other than that it's just **** **** **** **** ****

I think one of the most evil things I may have done in smash was laughing extremely hard while I was ****** this REALLY scrubby G&W main with my Falcon. I was
freshly baked
, and I could just not stop laughing while I Uair'd him 6 times in a row across BF. Then the next match I gentleman'd him like 5 times in a row and I thought it was just as hilarious as the 6 Uairs, so I laughed just as hard at it. Our state has never seen that guy again.

I think one of the most evil things I may have done in smash was laughing extremely hard while I was ****** this REALLY scrubby G&W main with my Falcon. I was
freshly baked
, and I could just not stop laughing while I Uair'd him 6 times in a row across BF. Then the next match I gentleman'd him like 5 times in a row and I thought it was just as hilarious as the 6 Uairs, so I laughed just as hard at it. Our state has never seen that guy again.
I rage quit Snake for Falcon which brings me to this, everyone if I could have your attention this will take only a couple of seconds of your life.

I urge you to watch 2:10-2:25 of this video of me playing (a very high) Falcon. You'll definitely want to see this.
A blast from the past, you shall relive your 6 Uair chain, Tommy der MASTER!!

I cannot believe I remember that 6 uair chain you were talking about. Much less that I remembered it all the way from 4 months ago and found it in only like 15 seconds.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
ah yes that's it. how could anyone forget a 6 UAIR CHAIN in Brawl, with FALCON. If you watch match 2, it's the one with 5 gentlemans.

RATED

Smash Lord
ah yes that's it. how could anyone forget a 6 UAIR CHAIN in Brawl, with FALCON. If you watch match 2, it's the one with 5 gentlemans.
lol , lucky you that we don't live/play on the same place, I can really get my "little kid " outfit since I am really short and I have "little kid face" and go with the story I am a little kid :laugh:

edit: random question : there's anyone in the whole smashboards that you kinda "hate" just its internet persona?

Match two is just so funny with the jab canceling xD Not to hate on the person at the time, but I really think you should be able to beat lv 9 CPUs before trying to play pools.

There really is no one that I hate on Smashboards Rated. It is sort of hard to hate persona's. Although, that avie if Tommy's is sort of... creepy.

RATED

Smash Lord
Match two is just so funny with the jab canceling xD Not to hate on the person at the time, but I really think you should be able to beat lv 9 CPUs before trying to play pools.

There really is no one that I hate on Smashboards Rated. It is sort of hard to hate persona's. Although, that avie if Tommy's is sort of... creepy.
lol not even BPC ?! his post made me :urg:

lol not even BPC ?! his post made me :urg:
lol BPC is pretty famous these days.

Well, I would not single out a single person. Despite the fact that one person I know of is being harsh, or trolling, I know of many others. My hate I guess since you put it into my mind would be the trolls. Although, I become one myself every so often. My hate is nerfed.

Top Bottom