• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Bonds

Smash Journeyman
MJG doesn't stop doing it when he plays toon link against me

he's just baiting the ftilt so I don't do a ton of damage. why don't we just sticky people who do this?

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Well I would just see that as free damage personally. You could also test other options like doing jab 1 and trying to work with something after that or something like that. Also I think most Snake mains see stickying people as unreliable, but I support that option personally. ^_^

Bonds

Smash Journeyman
so do I.. mostly because you can get free c4 damage if they use or are forced to use anything with lag while they have the c4 on them. Most recoveries are a good example of this.

I always jab1 characters that we can force to get up with it when they stay there, it's pretty much a free grab/ftilt at that point. It CAN be sdied though, and that isn't fun for us lol. I always feel lame when I only get 4% in followups out of dthrow myself.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
I personally feel like if you play a sticky right it puts a lot of pressure on the other player, but that honestly might just be me. =o Also yeah 4% sucks, but it has potential for a good deal more than that imo. =D

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Staying on ground? Ftilt1 --> regrab.

Works on almost everyone, and it's quite hard to beat on reaction. Doesn't work on Diddy unless you walk back slightly first.

Jab can setup on a regrab on fatter characters.

Dair if they don't getup on the ledge. Kills so early.

:phone:

etecoon

Smash Hero
I randomly went into the depths of this thread

on a related note I'm semi retiring from barwl, <3 you guys

the fact that I'm about to lose my wii for a week made me realize that it's better off that way, I still like brawl but I mostly just play it constantly out of habit...
WHY DIDN'T I LISTEN TO MYSELF

and yeah snake boards used to be pretty awesome, hence why this thread accounts for almost a fourth of my posts even though I haven't mained this character since august of 08

I also rediscovered my greatest wifi achievement

THE GAYEST according to the eternal president of snake boards

The fact that you still have the most posts here Etecoon is a testament to your activity back in the olden days. Its interesting to see people come and go. I just wonder when I'll hit the point where I'll no longer want to play smash. Already going on 4 years just about which is surprising. Maybe when its harder to get people together I'll finally have to ditch it.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
The fact that you still have the most posts here Etecoon is a testament to your activity back in the olden days. Its interesting to see people come and go. I just wonder when I'll hit the point where I'll no longer want to play smash. Already going on 4 years just about which is surprising. Maybe when its harder to get people together I'll finally have to ditch it.
Same, I also fear the day i get bored of this game. Yet the tournament scene is more active now in the UK then it ever was since i've been around which makes me believe I'll be around for quite a few more years

Also, when it comes to tech chasing someone, I tend to dash forward expecting to regrab the forward roll. but thats just because it's what i like to do out of it

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Bonds, the tourney won't be big enough that finding people will be hard. Especially if you're a snake main. But the hat would make it easier. I'll let you know if we find someone who can drive.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Small maybe wasn't the right word. It will be a lot easier than finding people when I went to genesis lol. There are also not a ton of snake mains in CO to my knowledge.

Bonds

Smash Journeyman
idk, they've complained on facebook about having a lot of snakes before. Granted, the guy who was complaining hates snake.. so idk. But yeah, I'll probably bring my hat along assuming you guys can come. I love playing against other snakes

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
idk, they've complained on facebook about having a lot of snakes before. Granted, the guy who was complaining hates snake.. so idk. But yeah, I'll probably bring my hat along assuming you guys can come. I love playing against other snakes
I'm from florida. Automatically makes me love fighting snake haha.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
idk about small, I have heard estimates of 50+ for it including the ks car(s)
I think tournament sizes are completely different for you guys than for us...
our biggest recent event was this january which had 55 people for brawl, and to us, that was huge...

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
I remember when I heard he died, it was really sad. I was talking about it with a fellow Melee smasher about it, and he pretty much said "played brawl, dont care." which really made me angry. RIP Nappy.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
same, but premature death is one of the saddest things ever. always got to respect it

anyways, I've been teaching myself to use those grenade tricks where you make 2 of them explode at the same time, are they that useful or do they take too long to make work

Bonds

Smash Journeyman
They are incredible at walling off your opponent but take time to set up. There are a few really good applications where you can use them to cut off your opponent's landing and then punish their airdodge with a dash attack or something, and the combined hitbox of 2 nades is pretty big, but imo you are usually better off keeping one near you in case something goes horribly wrong and you need a nade next to you for cover. Not to say you shouldn't ever do it.. It's really good at long range but if your opponent is trying to approach you you're probably better off doing something else.

That said, I'm leaving to Z3 in a couple of hours. So hyped!

I never knew Nappy.
The man should be reborn as a god or something.
anyways, I've been teaching myself to use those grenade tricks where you make 2 of them explode at the same time, are they that useful or do they take too long to make work
For myself, I have never bothered on something like that. I probably should do more complicated things like that. I think False had a nifty idea against wario. to lob a nade, then Full Nair to catch it or something like that. When you landed on the ground the nade would be near perfectly cooked or something like that. I usually always focused on my opponent and doing simple nade stuff.
That said, I'm leaving to Z3 in a couple of hours. So hyped!
Good LUCK!

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well, I've been working on snake nade things specifically, Here's what seems to be the best at dealing with wario and his floating at the 1 o'clock position stuff

pull nade1
shield drop, Pick it up
wait a tiny bit
smash d-throw nade1
pull nade2
weak throw
crouch

You get both grenades to make a roof of boom. which is cool, crouching is jsut a safety precaution to make sure you dont get hit too
and good luck bonds!

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I actually use that double grenade thing quite often, usually at mid to long range. Often people will see the first grenade coming at them and stay just out of its range, but then you huck a second, fresh nade near it right as it blows up, doubling its range and catching them off guard. You can increase the range to the top, sides, or even under the first nade (if it's on a platform or still bouncing or something). People don't usually see it coming either. I would say its a trick/timing worth learning and applying where you can.

Bonds, I won't be making it to the CO tourney, sadly. No one could drive. Good luck. I will be attending a local tourney though.

For the past few local tourneys I've been doing this weird thing where I'll pick a random character or two 1-3 weeks before, practice with them a bit, then see how far I can get with them. I got third at the last tourney going all peach and DK lol. I'm going marth and ICs this Saturday, we'll see if I feel the need to pull my snake out against someone.

Black Mantis

Smash Hero
well, I've been working on snake nade things specifically, Here's what seems to be the best at dealing with wario and his floating at the 1 o'clock position stuff

pull nade1
shield drop, Pick it up
wait a tiny bit
smash d-throw nade1
pull nade2
weak throw
crouch.
You get both grenades to make a roof of
boom. which is cool, crouching is jsut a
safety precaution to make sure you dont
get hit too

Sounds interesting.

Bonds

Smash Journeyman
Thanks guys!

I did alright, 9th of 32 (?) in singles and 5th of 13 in doubles with Fragger. I feel like I could've done better.. I made it to winner's round 3 and lost to Averil (MJG) and then in loser's to a local DK main. The same guy beat me in pools, I really don't know what I'm doing in the matchup. I think a couple of my sets got recorded in singles if you are still interested shmot, I'll let you know when they get uploaded.

Top Bottom