• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

ViperGold42

Smash Lord
What do you mean when you ask me if I'm a fatbats legend, I don't understand?

grab releasing someone into dsmash is situational, but dsmash itself kills earlier than uptilt. I believe the little situational things are very important to know as well because it is a part of mastering your character.
well only certain people use that picture. Mew2king and a few others, I've never heard of you. and yeah if you believe in Psychics.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Viper why are you coming off as such an ***? LOL

Bonds is good, delux told him to use the avatar. So hop off of his ****.

:phone:

Bonds

Smash Journeyman
I don't think he's being rude, just curious, and I don't really blame him. It's true that I only have one notable tournament placing currently, and outside of delux who I play all the time, I haven't taken a tournament set off someone considered 'good' yet. I do have people that would vouch for my skill, but I am still a relative unknown off of the snake boards.

The fat bat legends avatar isn't a club of top players or anything, it's just an avatar delux is spreading around. It doesn't really have any meaning.

Edit: I do not believe in psychics, but I don't see what that has to do with your inquiry or anything I have said.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
He may not be rude but he does come off as a bit too aggressive imo. :\

Also I think he may have somehow confused the grab release to d-smash to mean you grab release them and then set a d-smash and hit them with it. o-o

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Do any of you think stickying a C4 OoS is a good option at all? o-o I feel like it would be easy to hit, because when someone does something punishable on Snake's shield they probably shield/spot dodge expecting the f-tilt. Also I feel when we stick someone with a C4 and don't get hasty with blowing it up we are put in a pretty nice position, because people usually either bum rush Snake and try to get the C4 off of him or they shield at first get their shield small and then try to do something off of that. I more so mean this as a mixup if you don't think you are guaranteed a f-tilt.

EDIT:I also was just trying to list some of the reactions to being stickied, so I know there's most likely some other ones that i'm just not thinking of. o-o

etecoon

Smash Hero
it depends on how/if you've conditioned them but they're more likely to spot dodge or roll away IMO unless they're very well spaced, taking an ftilt is vastly preferable to dealing with snake's oki

I think it's fairly easy to just react to the NOW! but at the very least if you sticky someone it limits them a little, if they throw out anything with any lag in that situation it's a huge risk

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Yeah I was expecting it to be a bit situational. D= Also I wasn't necessarily thinking it was good so we could hit them with the C4, but more so good because of the pressure it puts them under. =D

Out of all mix-up options, its not one I would enjoy using. For friendlies and people you feel you can play around with, yeah, I'd try it.

I think I might drop snake for singles. I do not understand this character at all even after 1-2 years of playing. Maybe more like 3 years.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Out of all mix-up options, its not one I would enjoy using. For friendlies and people you feel you can play around with, yeah, I'd try it.

I think I might drop snake for singles. I do not understand this character at all even after 1-2 years of playing. Maybe more like 3 years.
Awww k. I'll probably play around with it more. D=

The tourney for both you and ralph.
Oh =D Well thanks. ^_^

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
you mean off the ledge? i do that sometimes.

on other news, there's a national this weekend. so out of practice; uni is killing me atm.

RNH

Smash Cadet
Soon enough somone will learn how to Dash attack cancel into a taunt, I mark my words.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Yeah I always thought it would be useful or something if I would've actively thought about doing it, but it always happens at such inappropriate times for me. >_<

Also will there be a livestream for this national? =DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Bonds

Smash Journeyman
I don't think it's a very good idea unless you shield push them off the edge at the same time..

It's a neat trick but the position it puts you in it just so, so bad unless they drop their shield and get hit by the aerial. Unless False was talking about another method, in which case I would be very interested to hear about it.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Cancelling an attack off the edge into an aerial is called the "Seibrik Combo" named after the smasher who made the technique known.

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
Did not know it was named after Seibrik!

I found it useful because no one really holds shield that long. they attempt to punish with an oos or grab so it usually hits them..

I usually do dash attack > cancel to upsmash > cancel to bair

one of those 3 will connect.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
Yeah I beat Stingers (best ROB in the country imo and #1 in NC) in bracket this past weekend.

Vid coming soon...
somewhat related: 10$ MM in best of 5, whoever you used to beat Stingers vs my Rawb at that charlotte tournament this month if I go?

(sorry if this is remotely off topic, its late and Im just randomly perusing boards and stumbled across that)

RNH

Smash Cadet
Is it just me or does anyone feel that Bair might not be Snake's best aerial?

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
They're all bad.

Uair is a more solid move, but bair has much greater utility.

Actually, his aerials aren't that bad, but his jump speed makes them much worse.

RNH

Smash Cadet
Their also waayyyy too laggy, when bair is your least laggy aerial, youve got a problem

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Dair is a really good and underrated punisher and is also a decent mix-up fom the ledge.

:059:

RNH

Smash Cadet
I usually use dair as an OoS. I use fair to punish more often

I actually really like using Down tilt for the kill, just cause it looks better than Up tilit and f tilt, though killing with Uair during its landing animation is even more satisfying

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I actually pull off the run off ledge -> fair spike fairly often. No one ever sees it coming. Fair is also decent for punishing people on platforms above you if they have a habit of spot dodging.

Top Bottom