• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
uair/utilt give you time to pull out a grenade at the worst, but otherwise jump/footstool out. just dont be silly and land with an aerial when he's shielding. fair only works if you're lazy with di.

Attila_

BRoomer
Isn't the bird easy to pick up on lol I do not recall you having a Falco at all.
i used him for a month or two about 18 months ago.

started mucking around with him for a few weeks and decided to main him in a tourney. he's actually a really fun (and broken) character. pity he's got a few terrible mus...

Looking forward to IC discussion.

The good think Shmot (not sure if to call you attila or continue with shmot) is that you have an ICs. You can ditto another IC and then not get messed up by a pikachu. Nor does a shiek or kirby give ICs much of an issue either I imagine. And, you can LOL at the ditto. Sort of makes me want to pick up the ICs over Snake. But the pineapples are so GUD!

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Okay folks, I'm back and the :popo: MU thread is up. I had a LOT of tests this week....finally I can chill for a bit.

Except, I have a regional thats slowing turning into a national coming up. Will I ever rest? lol

Resign your TO, BBR, and Smash researcher status and all other smaller voluntary projects. You will enjoy much more freedom and rest lol

ZTD | TECHnology

Meh, I have obligations to uphold for now.

And I worked so hard to get into the BBR lol.

But yeah, seems like there's never enough hours in the day between my personal life and Smash. But I have people who depend on me here <_<

ZTD | TECHnology

Well its more or less due my inability to just be a part of something. I have "lead" and put myself in the epicenter of everything...I am unable to control this personality quirk of mine. Very funny because in irl I'm not shy but I'm much more withdrawn.

Like Apex was very interesting. Soooo many people I have never heard of came up to me and introduced themselves to me and were like "its so nice meeting you! I heard so many great things about you!" And I'm always taken aback every time I hear it. Its a good thing though, its kinda cool. All I know is that I love helping people for the sake of helping people and then later on it rewards me in interesting ways.

I wouldn't have it any other way though.

I'm the opposite of that in one way. I enjoy trying to help out, but I dislike being put in positions where I am the one making the final choices. Surprisingly, I find myself in those type of situations fairly frequently. I would much rather be the person giving suggestions and helping out on the side with someone who has to be in charge. Maybe because I dislike responsibility or something.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
So Bonds is kind of on a hot streak. Came in 4/32 two weeks ago and 2nd out of 8 at our last local last Friday including two wins over me combining both tournaments.

Bonds on the rise

Hey 84SS, interesting name :) Keep playing.

Delux, first the name change, and then you say your going to stop playing. Make up your mind already :glare:

DeLux

I'm only entering because we needed the prize money in order to pay off the venue lol

If I get enough people to enter to cover the venue and prizes, I won't enter more or less

Wait, so your entering, stealing winning the prize money, then using it pay off the debts LOL Are both you and bonds in on this?

DeLux

Bonds is the Co-TO, so yes he is?

It definitely isn't stealing. I could just charge people like $5 venue + entry fee, but i'm trying to make it cheap and accessible for people to go if that makes sense.
New people are more likely to try brawl if it's only $5 to enter. So if we can pull in 24 people, it covers both prizes AND venue, and I don't have to enter.

I don't mind taking a loss if someone beats me. Budget of $200 set aside for the series and we'll see where it goes

The crossout was for fun ;P Yeah, I've wanted to try lower venue fee simply to get people to play, but then no one OoS would want to come. 10 is a bit much for anyone borderline on playing 5 is too little for payout. And anything in between is a pain to try to split 20s and 10s.

Bonds

Smash Journeyman
Umm.... Hello I'm 84-55 (pronounced Bass) and I'm a new Snake player. I suck, majorly and I've never been to a tournament.
Hello, welcome to the snake boards. If you're looking to get into the smash scene, I would start with your state's smash thread.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=54708

@ Ralph, the results for that tournament are in the OP of that link

@ Lux, you're like that one guard in MGS that always decides to be a spoilsport and pick up my box. :urg: you keep drawing attention to me

@ False, NJ is really really far way and I'm a minor =(

Attila_

BRoomer
i didn't realise iridescent was lux. but it definitely makes more sense.

also, recent videos of bonds? i wanna see this new snake.

DeLux

I think starting next tournament, we're going to start recording livestream like and broadcasting on the Saturday or Sunday after.

At the very least the plan is to upload the entire tournament to youtube post tournament since the venue doesn't have internet.

Top Bottom