• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo last kc tournament until we get a new TO is today

all the sad/salt/disappointment
Was Delux hosting the tournaments before? O-o
yup and now our scene's gonna be hurting until someone steps up

I seriously underperformed today too =/ man
Only because Bonds *****ed at me to not quit harder than anyone >_>

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=321838

Bonds

Smash Journeyman
what? When did I ***** at you not to quit

I gave up seriously trying to keep you playing ages ago, unlike Bpow lol

Philnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Gifts, I hate you.

Also, I swear you can just tell what character someone plays from looking at them. It very funny lol. I think you can actually pick out someone that uses the same character as you if you wanted.

F A N G

Smash Journeyman
Opinion on trying to stick people who are in shield on a platform above you?

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Ann Arbor is generally the "hotspot" of the Michigan scene, however both Tech and myself are from the Detroit area.

ZTD | TECHnology

There's weekly Smashfests in Ann Arbor and in the northern Metro Detroit burbs (where me and Gifts stay). Most of the tournaments are in Ann Arbor however.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I know somebody made a thread about what moves Snake can't be hit with while crouching a long time ago. Does anybody happen to know where that thread is / if it still exists?

:059:

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
can't remember if we made a thread, or if we just talked about it.

i remember it was quite significant for the ganon mu lol

Attila_

BRoomer
funny story.

i went to record some replays from my wii from the last tourney that i was at. connect my capture card or whatever, start recording. starts off alright, then i notice about 2 minutes into the match, the characters start behaving randomly. like, different to how the recording is supposed to be. so different in fact, that the recording shows me sd-ing 3 times in a match that i actually won.

has this happened to anyone else?

ZTD | TECHnology

Replays are actually matches being played over again by two computers. They're simply imitating what happened during that match. Its not a stretch for that happen.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
If you have codes on or it was a different wii that recorded it or something that could be it. Replays are just saved as a list of commands, so for example, if your character tripped in the real match but you're running codes that eliminate tripping, that will change the entire match. Maybe you did a get up attack from your trip, but with no tripping the wii reads it as a dash attack and it changes your spacing in relation to the other character. Then when you got hit off stage and you're trying to recover, you actually never got hit due to the changed spacing and you end up up-b'ing off stage for no apparent reason.

That's just an example of how one tiny thing will mess up the entire match. I've seen it mess up like that even on the same wii with the same codes, so it's also possible that it just messed up somewhere as it was saving.

:phone:

I think any codes changing how the game is played and inputs will screw it up. P:M added light presses, so that is why the full version cannot record video.

F A N G

Smash Journeyman
Wait does that mean like GnW 9 hammer or gordo could be messed up in a replay?

Edit: 300!

Attila_

BRoomer
tripping might be it.

there were no codes other than infinite replay on the tournament wii. my wii has no tripping, also.

will try it without the codes and see what happens.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I've been playing around on Rainbow Cruise, and it is helpful to know that you can platform cancel on the platforms on the ship. As it cycles through, the platforms are actually moving allowing you to platform cancel. Same goes for the carpets and the swing. I forgot to check with the other platforms that seem stationary as the screen climbs after being on the ship (Does anyone know about those?). If those are platform cancel-able then that would make that part of the stage a whole lot easier to avoid getting juggled.

Just some random information that could increase snake's viability on Rainbow Cruise if you ever have to play on it.

Top Bottom