• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

F A N G

Smash Journeyman
Wow, that is incredibly lucky. From what I have read, FC was an old tournament series back in '05 and previous. If you went, it might be a pretty good experience for meeting all sorts of older players and newer ones.

If you have not been to tournament before not sure what sort of example it might set from your parents point of view. Sort of your call in the end.
I'm really thinking about it, but I don't know how it'd go with the people I'd have to tell. Being 15 is hard for this lol. I think it'd be pretty cool, and yea, it'd definitely be my first.

Is that tournament in Indiana? o-o If so does that mean Fang is from IN as well? =D
Yep! Pretty much the same city the tourney is in (South Bend)

F A N G

Smash Journeyman
Where are you then?

No... I've never gone to one. I'm 15 (can't drive), and the closest ones I know of have been in Illinois, about two hours away.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
I'm in KY. BD

That probably explains why I haven't seen you at anything then lol. There was a Brawl tournament 3 weeks ago in IN or something around that long ago. Also you might be able to find some people to play with if you check out the IN social thread or one of the other IN/KY related threads.

Okay, easiest way to get in.

Find local/small tourneys and go to them. Meet other smashers and get your foot through the door. Get to know them, then the door is wide open for going to other tournaments that you find on smashboards if you have other people you know personally going.

F A N G

Smash Journeyman
Thanks guys, but I probably won't to go any unless they're here, in Illinois, and possibly Purdue in the future, just because of things I put a bit ahead of my smash career lol.

Also, do you know which colleges have a smash scene?

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
I don't know off of the top of my head, but you could probably ask here and find out.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=266703&page=140

Krystedez, and Composer are the ones who host things for the most part I think(Krystedez at least is planning on starting somethg at his college, and Composer tends to host smashfests and tournaments)

EDIT: I'm also pretty sure there is someone in/near Purdue, because that name sounds familiar.

DOUBLE EDIT: Someone actually just posted about a smashfest in there. =D

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Lost a tourney today; had three quality sets against a wario.

Felt like I played well most if the time, but a few concentration lapses really cost me.

Also, I'm never using ics against him again.

:phone:

etecoon

Smash Hero
using IC's against a character whose entire metagame is stalling

why would you do that to yourself lol

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Climbers do not **** wario at all.

If he stalls and only uses retreating aerials, he's fine.

He is the character best equipped at avoiding the grab.

I wasn't confident in snake, so I used ics. They worked for a while, until he learnt the matchup. Then I switched to snake, and was improving as the sets went on; I easily could have come away with it. Very close.

Really hope it was recorded.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Climbers do not **** wario at all.

If he stalls and only uses retreating aerials, he's fine.

During the course of the game he only has about 4 or 5 opportunities to punish ICs Uair pressure maximum. How is he going to get away with stalling on stages like SV/BF when you consider that?

**** was an exaggeration but I'm almost positive that ICs beat Wario by +1 at least.

etecoon

Smash Hero
Wario beats IC's IMO, maybe an antiquated opinion but I never saw anything that changed my mind

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
since we're on the topic of wario..

I beat Malcom today in tournament. ^_^ keitaro is gonna upload it on his channel in HD quality soon, so expect some vids!

got 4th in a stacked *** tourney, pretty happy.

Jrugs

Smash Ace
since we're on the topic of wario..

I beat Malcom today in tournament. ^_^ keitaro is gonna upload it on his channel in HD quality soon, so expect some vids!

got 4th in a stacked *** tourney, pretty happy.
:bee: GOOD **** FALSE!!!!! :colorful:

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
Thank you for the support everyone. I will make you guys proud in future tournaments. I will definitely make it into top 5 snakes, and after that #1.

I am not as flashy as I was before. I've gone extreme textbook against MKs, but you will see some crazy explosives going on in the set.

Top Bottom