• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

etecoon

Smash Hero
not really AFAIK, though I've never hated DDD as much as most, and I only hate ROB if he planks, I'm bad against ROB planking with snake :/

sometimes I used to think I should be a snake main, then a wild olimar appeared and remind me how stupid that thought was

etecoon

Smash Hero
maybe he isn't for all snakes, he's definitely my worst MU as snake though. olimar and planking are really the only things that make me feel that disadvantaged as snake, and sometimes MK but that was only with good players and people who were beating me with other characters anyway, where as I feel like I can lose to a bad olimar pretty easily :/

The only time I feel Snake can do well is when its a match-up where the match-up doesn't involve snake having a horrible time getting back to the ground.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I think it's going overboard to say that he can't do well. snake isn't the second best character, he might not even be top 5 tbh, but he is a good character still, his worst MU's are still close as long as you don't go to ridiculous stages(brinstar/rainbow used to be "MK time", FML)

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Olimar isn't that bad IMO. I should have beaten r. Bro wn at genesis if two white pikmin didn't get stuck on me last stock last match for 98 freakin % (he had 100+ on his last stock before that happened..>_>). And that was the first "good" olimar I had ever fought.

:phone:

Jrugs

Smash Ace
I think it's going overboard to say that he can't do well. snake isn't the second best character, he might not even be top 5 tbh, but he is a good character still, his worst MU's are still close as long as you don't go to ridiculous stages(brinstar/rainbow used to be "MK time", FML)
he's no longer 3rd in japan anymore. he droped to number 6 I think?
Where he belongs. hopefully he drops even lower :)

zmx

Smash Lord
Snake is top 3 in this game, 4th at the worst.

:059:
I seriously wonder how many people you have faced that actually know how to fight snake for you to say this. He could easily drop out of top 5, he has very exploitable weaknesses people are finally realizing how to abuse.

Honestly, Gheb half the time the things you say make me question if you have actually played the MUs against people that know what they were doing or if you are just theory crafting and assuming the stuff you say will work.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
People have been saying the same old "people are finally realizing how to abuse" BS for like two years now and Snake still always manages to place in the top 8 of like every national tourney ever. Got an explanation for that too?

Also, stop attempting to discredit somebody's tourney experiences just because you don't know him. That reeks terribly of being some close-minded guy who's utterly unable to form his own opinions. Putting somebody down doesn't make you credible all of a sudden.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
People have been saying the same old "people are finally realizing how to abuse" BS for like two years now and Snake still always manages to place in the top 8 of like every national tourney ever. Got an explanation for that too?:
Yeah, but isn't it just like Ally, & Razer only? o-o Also I think it'd make more sense to say people aren't realizing how to abuse Snake, seeing as how people are still arguing that Snake should be 2nd.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Snake can be argued to be 2nd although I think ICs / Olimar counter most character harder ... but I don't see Snake below 4th overall. Diddy / Pika are good but not better than Snake imo and Marth is just ... meh.

Ally isn't placing with Snake at all anymore from what I've seen. But Razer, Fatal, Bizkit, Havok are all doing pretty well in nationals with [mostly solo] Snake. And that's not counting international Snake players out of which I can name at least 5 competent ones.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Ally still pulls out Snake every now and then. =D Also I don't know a great deal about tournaments internationally, but I was mainly referring to U.S. nationals. Has Fatal, Havok, or Bizkit really placed top 8 at a national recently? o-o

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
What character other than MK has 2 people placing top 8 at nationals in the USA? Snake has placed like 7th, 2x 17th and multiple times somewhere between 25th and 49th at Apex and I know that Fatal and MVD have both placed top 10 at some national before whereas Bizkit and Havok have placed top 5 at bigger regionals as well.

MK, Snake, Olimar and ICs are the only characters whose success is rooted in more than just 2 outstanding individuals and Snake is still the most successful one out of those 4.

I need to see some more False and Attila the Hun action.

I'm surprised Gheb brought up pikachu and no Falco. I'm jumping to conclusions, but do you think Pikachu can have a better placement than Falco can?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I give Pikachu the nod over Falco because Pikachu is 100% viable as a solo-main, that's not the case for Falco. Falco still has a powerful character design but his match-ups against ICs and Pikachu - both top tier in my book - *theoretically* make it impossible for him to compete as a solo character. I do think that he only loses those 2 match-ups and maybe Squirtle though.

Top:
MK
ICs ~ Olimar ~ Snake
Diddy
Pikachu

High:
Falco
Marth ~ Fox
Wario ~ DDD
Pit ~ ZSS ~ Wolf

That's my take on top / high tier atm

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
Snake is definitely top 5 imo. Mk Oli and Pika are his negative MUs. I used to think you could solo him but ESAM changed my mind about that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4-oWewcTqbE

Super KTAR, a national in July. Please come guys!

Also Xeylode Ill have tournament videos this Saturday. I'm gonna be attending an MK ban. So hopefully all goes well.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I think you can still be very successful with solo Snake, and I think he has more negative MU's than that but other than like...Diddy who doesn't with MK out of the picture?

etecoon

Smash Hero
MK is banned and this is the first time I've ever heard anyone claim that IC's beat Diddy o_O Though I could see it being possible, I just hadn't considered it at all...

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
ICs are already beating Diddy players all over the place. It'll become pretty obvious after the MK ban imo.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
I don't think Diddy loses to either snake or ics... He's oos options and keep-away game are just too good.

But both mus are close though, and probably even.

:phone:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Statistic is still in Snake's favor, noticeably.

Also, I really wanna go to a national in the US but not one where MK is banned.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
tbh the only diddys i ever play now are ADHD and Gnes which i feel is even (good players).

generally, its 55:45 snake.

Gheb, if you're gonna go to a tourney in the US, do Apex 2013. Seriously.

Top Bottom