• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

etecoon

Smash Hero
LOL renaming it the erik bend

I still can't do it and really have made no progress, just not a very flexible person I guess

I didn't go to a tournament today and instead stayed home and raged at wifi, yay having no money! :/

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
For doubles I did something incredibly sexy with mydiddy partner

We were grab releasing the last man on their team and once he got to 110% this is what transpired:

1. diddy - pummeling
2. me - stuck him with c4, double jumped directly over diddy/victim
3. diddy - uthrow
4. me - footstool
5. diddy - short hop, recovery/barrels (victim was hit and sent flying)
6. NOW

the time ended at like 3 minutes; I was so mad I couldn't record this

@ErikG: You won draft?
LOL renaming it the erik bend

I still can't do it and really have made no progress, just not a very flexible person I guess
Well, I will tell you that it does hurt.

For doubles I did something incredibly sexy with mydiddy partner

We were grab releasing the last man on their team and once he got to 110% this is what transpired:

1. diddy - pummeling
2. me - stuck him with c4, double jumped directly over diddy/victim
3. diddy - uthrow
4. me - footstool
5. diddy - short hop, recovery/barrels (victim was hit and sent flying)
6. NOW
Team combos are the best. I wish there were more double combo videos.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I can't do that either lol, I can touch like, the base of my ankles without bending my knees

really the only interesting thing I can do with my body is make fart noises with my ears <_<

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
@xeylode

...Did I mention it didn't kill? xD LOL

and yeah, my crew combo video will heavily major in double combos; not to be arrogant or anything but it probably will revolutionize combo videos, no joke

@Eteoon: lol what?!

I does not matter if it kills. The thing is that does major damage, hard to get out of, and is sweet looking. Even if the double wargasm on ganon was staged, it is still awesome to see.

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
Hmmm...

Do you have AIM or MSN? I want to show you a preview of the combo video (private youTube video) I'm working on now;

I really need some feedback besides my friends who'd say "awesome" regardless if I were to have had **** it out

*ANY OTHER SNAKES CAN ASK ME FOR THE LINK; I'D BE HAPPY TO LET YOU SEE THE PREVIEW*

etecoon

Smash Hero
HOLY **** I FIGURED OUT HOW TO BEAT TOON LINK ON WIFI

you just aerial shuttle loop over and over and over again. eventually they'll DI down and die at like 50% because they are all unthinking automatons and do absolutely NOTHING but pull bombs XD

I still have no idea what to do with snake though :/

etecoon

Smash Hero
tell me how to beat it with snake then ;-;

why do people think snake is good online lol, he's so horrible when you can't react to things just right

Hard predicts work on wifi. That is how I realized any character is good. If you spam the right things you are unpunishable. As you proved with UpB stuff. You either have to be considerably good at punishing something, or spam things back.

etecoon

Smash Hero
that's actually the disturbing thing I realized today is that I lose to a lot of people, especially online, because I give them too much credit and expect them to mix up more, when I could just spam the counter to whatever they're doing because so many of them never change their game up EVER and it makes me want to throw things -_-

that's actually the disturbing thing I realized today is that I lose to a lot of people, especially online, because I give them too much credit and expect them to mix up more, when I could just spam the counter to whatever they're doing because so many of them never change their game up EVER and it makes me want to throw things -_-
Well, that is probably what I like about wifi. People are so prone to having habits. If you start to see what people do, then you can likely expect them to do it again. If that keeps happening, punish them. I think this is why most of my matches are even whenever I play someone. I try the first stock or so trying to figure out tendancies. So even if I end up a stock down, by the time I figured out how to play them and make a comeback. But anyway, this helps trying to figure out how people play.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I feel like it's too hard to punish a lot of things as snake lol, even if you see it coming. I do better with more mobile characters where I don't need to rely on power shielding so much, you can just go around things

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I failed miserably at SIIS4. I think I'm going to take like a month or two break from this game and then go back at it again. But I've realized that Snake is by far my best character no matter how I look at it. I can't escape it.. He has blatant weaknesses yes but he's still great. There are mid tier players that have it worse than us and yet many of us (myself especially) complain about Snake. I realized after going to this regional that if I dedicate myself like mid and low tier mains do I'll learn how to overcome these weaknesses and place well. I know a lot about Snake but there is more I could learn. O have no actual desire to play other characters yet I subject myself to countless amounts of bs by convincing myself that if I use DDD or Falco or ZSS or Wario or whoever that I can just erase my problem.

tl;dr Stop *****ing about Snake and make your Snake the best it can be and make yourself the best player you can be.

Oh and I'm drunk lol. I had to blow off some steam after pools.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I look at snake rather like a mid tier tbh

but then again snake is my secondary so I can understand where you're coming from, the other characters you play will never be as good as your main unless you put the time in and make them your main instead. my snake is "alright" but there's a clear difference between that and my MK/marth, I've just spent too much time playing those kinds of characters where snake is totally different. I think I'm actually getting worse at snake and other kinds of characters lately, my whole playstyle is based on the assumption that I have a sword and some other things...

for a while just based on my own experience I even thought marth was a better character than snake but if you look at results I guess that's kind of objectively wrong, marth's clearly have much less success than snake players and it's not like marth is an unpopular character or anything either

etecoon

Smash Hero
I actually don't mind the marth vs MK MU that much, I get gayed over a lot but I can see where I could iron out a lot of it if I mained marth. my marth kryptonite is DDD, **** THE PENGUIN FAT ****ER NEEDS TO DIE

there are no words to describe the rage that marth vs DDD inspires in me

napZzz

Smash Hero
marth ***** DDD, all DDD can do is try shield grabbing or something, he's fat adn worthless so marth juggles/***** him

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
this is me on wifi-

I dthrow, read forward roll, dthrow, I think he's gonna roll forward again expecting me to not think so but I feel he knows that I know what hes thinking so I run back and pivot grab

he rolls forward

i forget i'm playing with 9 year olds

and Tech I can't agree with you more. you going to ktar4?

etecoon

Smash Hero
marth can destroy DDD when he gets in but DDD outspaces him on the ground, outprioritizes him in the air, and also lands rather large rewards himself in the form of CG > edge guard. even at best and that's if marth plays at a somewhat unrealistic level, like, pixel perfect spacing and never making a single error or getting read

It's snake vs DDD like. Both **** each other once they get in.

I am going away from snake because I love to be able to poke and prod people with attacks. Shiek, Falco and Peach are all great poke'em characters. Double jab cancels, multihitting attacks or projectiles. It's so much fun to frame trap people upon landing with all of it.

Characters like snake, MK and marth I cannot do that very well. So many of their attacks are not safe on shield, or have too much lag. Any move of marth's that is not spaced well will get punished. Or at the very least it should. Even MK I have been thinking it is not all that broken either. At least to the degree people make him out to be. But then again, I do not play many MKs xD

napZzz

Smash Hero
the problem with the ddd mu is that if he grabs you, you take assloads of damage from a cg and then get put in a bad position offstage where he can juggle you and probably do a good amount of damage

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
this is me on wifi-

I dthrow, read forward roll, dthrow, I think he's gonna roll forward again expecting me to not think so but I feel he knows that I know what hes thinking so I run back and pivot grab

he rolls forward

i forget i'm playing with 9 year olds

and Tech I can't agree with you more. you going to ktar4?
I'd like to but my cash flow is low after traveling to Cinci :( plus. I was considering Pound 5 anyway.

Savon

Smash Ace
MK is not broken, but it just good enough to where he shuts down most of the cast and keeps them from being viable. If he has banned I think that almost anybody in c-tier on up would have a legit chance of winning a big tournament.

etecoon

Smash Hero
ice climbers, falco, and olimar also completely invalidate a large number of characters, tbh I don't think much would change except the top tiers would be more even.

Savon

Smash Ace
I'll drop it for the sake of beating a dead horse. Not sure what else I want to talk about. Although UL is was awesome on that livestream.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
I did the asian squat yesterday!!!!!!
=D I can do it too now!
@ErikG: You won draft?

Well, I will tell you that it does hurt.

Team combos are the best. I wish there were more double combo videos.
That is just terrifying looking. o-o I can't even touch my toes on a normal basis, much less go too far past my knees. T_T

OnlyUseMeNades

Smash Journeyman
He's so fast! I never really liked him though.

How do you open/extract a .bin file?

I'm trying to install Homebrew for the wii and cant figure out how to do it. Windows or Mac

He's so fast! I never really liked him though.

How do you open/extract a .bin file?

I'm trying to install Homebrew for the wii and cant figure out how to do it. Windows or Mac
.bin files are sort of like written instructions to building a cabinet. It is simply stored coding that programs read in order to do something. Which happens to be whatever is read in that file. So .bin files are not something you open or extract.

First off, which sort of wii verison update do you have? you can tell by going to

Wii Options -> Wii Settings
In the upper right corner of the screen, it should say "Ver. #" Mine currently says Ver. 4.3

What Ver. # you have determines the method you have to go about using to install homebrew. If you have Ver 4.0 or higher, I can help with that, but if not, I do not know that method of installing homebrew below Ver 4.0

Lol I had been writing something up.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=263360
Follow the instructions on this page. Affinity made a pack that really simplifies the process. Put the files in the right spot after download and start-up homebrew, run gecko OS, have brawl up in the wii in the first place, and the codes will load.

Congratulations, you have a wii with stage, music, and some menu hacks. The rest is simply switching up some of the files in affinty's pack to what you want. His pack does not have any texture hacks.

Top Bottom