• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)

I lieked 10 the best =P

Also nothing is even close to being as cute as my avi :3
4 is obvously the best, u guys on crack
TY Infern! Your right 4 is the ultimate clip. When I saw 4 it bought a tear to my eye. (that's how good it was)
Is it just me or does Ally make Snake seem "god" tier?

5 was awesome too!

My favorite Cool Pokemon is Breloom, get Spored, son.

My favorite Cute Pokemon is Darkrai. Yes, you didn't read wrong.
lol leafy.

Oddly enough, while drunk last night I decided to redownload Gurren Lagann (because I saw it on Hulu but it was dubbed) and now everyone is talking about it here. What're the odds of that.

I'll keep that in mind.

Your opinion is wrong, 6Mizu. My opinion is clearly correct.
I luv how you say you'll keeep it in mind.......but you turn around and calll me that again. lol

I don't like anime, I only like a select few.
your weird. lol jk.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Hi Snake mains~ It's been awhile.

One Piece, DBZ, TTGL...those are the anime I watch.

As for movies, I love watching Miyazaki's stuff.

Limeee

Smash Champion
Full metal alchemist is really the only one i've liked >.<

my brothers are really into anime though

what do you guys think of the abridged stuff (naruto, yugioh)?

IMO ****s hilarious

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
IMO ****s mad st00pid.

But I generally don't like Cartoons/Anime/Television of any kind. I watch sports with my friends, I watch 30 Rock & The Office with my girlfriend every Thursday. Besides that, my HDTV is only used for MW2. My SDTV is used strictly for Smash. LCD Lag is :urg:.

TwentyTwo

Smash Ace
I haven't watched an anime in some time, but I've always been a fan of mechs, story heavy stuff, and some random stuff like shaman king, which in turn was one of my favorites.

Anyone notice a lot more randoms popping up in the snake boards? We're doing something right :D lol.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I haven't watched an anime in some time, but I've always been a fan of mechs, story heavy stuff, and some random stuff like shaman king, which in turn was one of my favorites.

Anyone notice a lot more randoms popping up in the snake boards? We're doing something right :D lol.
I noticed that too, maybe we're just being a little more friendly? Idk.

anyways, to all the snake mains and lurkers what are your top 3 favorite animes? Mine are-

1.one piece
2.Hajime no ippo
3.Higurashi

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
1. Ippo

The rest don't matter.

Also, I've seen more anime than any of you here can possibly comprehend. Its rather absurd how much I used to watch back in the day. Hell, I became fluent in Japanese just off of watching it, and I apparently don't have an accent.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
1. Code Geass

2. TORADORA!

3. Clannad (Both seasons and OVAs)

I am a huuuuge Otaku, watch alot of animes and read alot of mangas. I'm a biiiig fan of shoujo manga, romantic comedies ftw!

napZzz

Smash Hero
1. Ippo

The rest don't matter.

Also, I've seen more anime than any of you here can possibly comprehend. Its rather absurd how much I used to watch back in the day. Hell, I became fluent in Japanese just off of watching it, and I apparently don't have an accent.
lol thats ran's favorite too. Apparently snake mains love it xD Its so good tho.

lol yume, I've been watching too many action/adventure types lately so I started watching hayate no gotoku recently and I think thats supposed to be a romance/comedy. Its actually pretty enjoyable so far.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Hayate no Gotoku is considered a romantic comedy, but it's alot more comedy that romance, but alot of the episodes are one shots and the plot is really thin. The plot in the manga is alot more developed though, it's actually good enough for me to follow it every week when the new chapters are out.

If you want romantic comedies with more plot I suggest Clannad, TORADORA, Kanon, Kimi ni Todoke, and Lovely Complex.

edit: btw, Nagi is the best loli of all times

Limeee

Smash Champion

haha i was lurking alot, then realized that i'm actually starting to get decent, so i may as well start posting.

My favorite anime is Full metal alchemist.

You guys know sergeant keroro? I love that show cause it's funny xD.

I also like hayate no gotoku.

My favorite mangas... Naruto and dragonball Z (Not GT. I don't really like GT :p)

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Toradora and Kimi ni Todoke are good romantic comedies I can back.

FMA brotherhood is the ****.

The best manga is One Piece, followed by Berserk. Not an opinion. Its a fact.

And I am a seething with hatred for you for mentioning that, Terios. It just brings up memories that make me sick to my stomach.

Quoting is for women.

Turazrok

Smash Master
I basically just googled the ones that sounded interesting and got the whole plot down in 10-20 min.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Couple things: top 3 fav anime is really hard.
1) Tenchi Muyo (my first anime)
2) Ruroni Kenshin
3) Air
4) Yu Yu Hakusho
5) Hajime No Ippo

*"Big Mara Ippo.... Tama Aru" -> Hilarious part haha. Also:
http://www.animetheme.com/sidebar/
I have this installed and made frames of Ippo doing the Dempsey Roll. Every time there's more general CPU usage, Ippo does the Dempsey Roll faster. Get ***** computer!

Also The Office is awesome.

Incase anyone cares, I still exist. I have just taken a backdrop of Brawl since I'm tried of playing random people who complain on wifi and no one to play around here.

Right now, I have been playing Modern Warfare Reflex. Ranked in the 60s for most kills and a K/D of 2.85

I would love to read/watch more anime and manga, but dont' have the money to do so, and I really am not into the reading/watching online so much. Every so often I might, but I still don't do it that much.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Awesome. I like hearing about everyone being dorks and what not. Makes me feel better :-)

So... my personal life is pretty awesome right now. :) Here is why.

:)

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
In other news, this is the new Snake board official themesong: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Xj08-_Rmq4
Wowww this brought back memories, thanks for sharing!

Awesome. I like hearing about everyone being dorks and what not. Makes me feel better :-)

So... my personal life is pretty awesome right now. :) Here is why.

:)
guuuuud **** sinz, you must be having the time of your life. :)

back to dork talk, this season of anime has being really disappointing, the only ones I follow right now is Kimi ni Todoke, Baka to Test to Shoukanjyuu, and Omamori Himari. None of them I'm really liking either, though I prob would like Kimi ni Todoke more if I don't follow the manga and know everything thats going to happen. Although I hear Durarara is decent and To Aru Majutsu no Railgun is picking up, so I might watch them when I have time.

Remember how this time last year both Clannad After Story and Toradora are about to reach its climax, oh how far anime has fallen since then...

@sinz: Parents.... :/

@yume: anime ain't for dorks :( (or is it..)

What I find weird about Naruto:

All ninjas are stupid. They say there next move out loud like "SHADOW CLONE JUTZU!!!11oneoneoen" or "Katon: blahlahbalh!!!!" and all what the enemies/people who get attacked by a whatever jutsu is let themselves get hit. They dodge less often. If I were them, just dodge it, they said their next move and you know what to do

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Railgun is entertaining and passes the time by, but not something I'd recommend really. Also, for all intensive purposes Naruto ended (or should have ended) after the Gaara v Rock Lee fight. The series only went downhill from there.

So I take it that the official Snake board themesong is decided then?

I've always wanted to make a combo video to that song, but I never had the time to get around to it :(

@sinz: hope nothing bad happens between you :)

@panda: make one then if you have time xD

@today: you have a shop O_o? Really?!?

@berk1/myself: I'm talking to myself lawl. Too lazy to quote

-Ran

Smash Master
Thanks for the nominations to be a moderator. The downside of having a name that's composed of two sets of three characters is, you cannot name search yourself. =p Seriously though, the reason I've been gone is due to college + finding a job + moving into a house + repairing said house. I haven't played Brawl since the last week of December. Once I realized that I was spending more time on Smashboards than actually playing the game, I became rather annoyed so I decided it was time to take a break from the board. After all, everything in my life was pointing towards getting my stuff together.

I wish I could say that I'd be more active in the coming weeks, but really I'd regret it later. I'm going to keep Smash as something that I do with the local/regional guys that I know from tournaments, and I'll stop writing massive posts about the game. It's just that all the endless time I've spent on the forum has never really furthered what level I've played at. Hell, I feel that I do better in the game when I don't play it for months. =P

Take it easy everyone.

Top Bottom