• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

napZzz

Smash Hero
i was trying to think of how to use it with snake, I'm still not really aware of how it works in the first place so I'm not too sure but all I'm aware of is that it works from an air dodge, so it could be a decent form of escape after dodging something into the ground. idk.

Breezy

Smash Ace
i was trying to think of how to use it with snake, I'm still not really aware of how it works in the first place so I'm not too sure but all I'm aware of is that it works from an air dodge, so it could be a decent form of escape after dodging something into the ground. idk.
It works from everything. It's basically just a buffered DACUS, and because it's buffered, it's executed frame perfect, and because of THAT, it's more effective in distance and time. Isn't Snakes the same distance as regular DACUS though?

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Not only is it buffered, but you also cut off the lag from the dash animation, so it comes out even faster than a perfectly executed DACUS.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
BDACUS probably doesn't matter at all to Snake simply due to the nature of his up smash. Takes too long for the mortar and the first hit doesn't guarantee anything.

I remember back when I was trying to get better at this game, I was experimenting with the Usmash first hit. Snake's only disjointed hitbox that doesn't extend his hurtbox is his usmash. The significance of that being stuff like countering D3's throw. If you hit D3 with something like a tilt while he is trying to grab you, he'll just exchange with your hit and grab you out of whatever you were throwing out at him, unless you used Usmash.

Never got the time to truly experiment with it though.

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
Not only is it buffered, but you also cut off the lag from the dash animation, so it comes out even faster than a perfectly executed DACUS.
BDACUS probably doesn't matter at all to Snake simply due to the nature of his up smash. Takes too long for the mortar and the first hit doesn't guarantee anything.

I remember back when I was trying to get better at this game, I was experimenting with the Usmash first hit. Snake's only disjointed hitbox that doesn't extend his hurtbox is his usmash. The significance of that being stuff like countering D3's throw. If you hit D3 with something like a tilt while he is trying to grab you, he'll just exchange with your hit and grab you out of whatever you were throwing out at him, unless you used Usmash.

Never got the time to truly experiment with it though.
Wow, sounds cool. Some should this. (I can't I got too much HW) >.>

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I don't get it. Cancer cells not only have to mutate so they replicate infinitely, but they also have to mutate to detatch themselves from surrounding cells, mutate a special protein to attach to the barriers separating it from the rest of the body, then mutate something to EAT the barrier away.

It just seems too specific to happen from random mutations. How are only 10-20% of cancers caused by viruses?

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
I thought most cancer was caused by genetic mutations - some mistake when transcribing DNA. I thought they keep replicating because they lose that contact inhibition. Never really knew what role viruses had in forming cancer. Also didn't know they needed special proteins to detach. Reminds me of last semester of biochem, except it is probably easier than your course.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
My course IS biochem. Basically, all the biochem from a full undergraduate course, plus a ton extra, crammed into a month and a half.

But yeah, the mutations that make it replicate like nobody's business actually form a tumor out of the cells. Benign tumors are tumors just filled with these kinds of cells. Malignant tumors are tumors where the cells have mutated to escape the tumor itself, which causes cancer, because the freely replicating cells are on the loose, making tumors everywhere.

I actually was not aware that tumor = cancer until I studied this stuff.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
So turns out that because of the large amount of time you can cancel a dash attack into an up smash, it's actually pretty easy to BDACUS with Snake. I'm thinking that just learning the buffer dash attack would be helpful enough, as you can surprise your opponent with a kill move after doing a laggy move.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Guys, super happy right now. M2K just said he is coming to Utah's tourney in July =D =D

etecoon

Smash Hero
trolling in the MK ban debate inadvertently made me realize why I love snake again

only snake can stop ice climbers from tying you up and taking a dump on your chest.
<3 ekans

etecoon

Smash Hero
I've always used snake in some capacity, I just main MK/MK is my best character because he's broken >_>

I wonder why some people who use MK still have some CP characters when all MUs of MK is is advantage.

etecoon

Smash Hero
personal bad matchups plus you can still gain a bigger advantage in some cases. I have secondaries because it's more fun and because I don't even like MK that much, lmao

edit: having a good secondary is also a good contingency for an MK in case he gets banned : ) he'll never be banned here in atlantic north regardless of what the BBR says anyway though so I wouldn't have to consider that.

For me about Ban-MK, I'm for nothing but more on anti-ban

MK is a challenge and he's a fun opponent.

Lol okay

I think it's possible that Snake can instant throw on ground. There might be a possible tech on how to do it. I'm gonna try my best on finding out on how to do this (I bet it's impossible but yeah)

etecoon

Smash Hero
I disagree with half the things I've posted here today, I'm becoming paranoid that I may be bipolar lmao

Turazrok

Smash Master
Yume, do you still remember the site where I got my old avatar? My friend changed it lol.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Yume, do you still remember the site where I got my old avatar? My friend changed it lol.
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no I don't I seen the link on a blog on AiB but dunno who's blog it was lul. You can try searching for keywords in this thread to see if you can find the link I posted.

Turazrok

Smash Master

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no I don't I seen the link on a blog on AiB but dunno who's blog it was lul. You can try searching for keywords in this thread to see if you can find the link I posted.
It was in the snake stuff thread I think. :(

Top Bottom