• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

napZzz

Smash Hero
i won my first out of state tourney today, technically yesterday I guess. I just got back, made about 200$. Yay.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I sucked pretty badly too, I went 2-2, lost to Shadow and to a really campy Snake, I beat him (the Snake) in Snake dittos 1st match, lost 2nd match, went Falco 3rd match and lost, really should have stayed as Snake urrrgggg
snake needs a secondary so that he doesn't get gayed over by...snake, lmao

we should snake ditto some next time, I never get any practice with that

You didn't play it safe enough when theyre together, camp to the max until you can seperate them, then **** Nana as hard as you can when theyre apart.
ice climbers are the only character I enjoy camping as meta knight, torturing them with the clock and smashvilles platform is amazing

Also you shouldnt be using wavebirds, these have input lag, its much better for you to use a normal gc controller.
does anyone know if this is also the case with wii controllers as they are also wireless? very real possibility that I'd like to use classic controller pro when that comes out, I was messing with the classic controller and noticed that I tech and shield much more accurately because the buttons don't have springs

Mizu was right. ROB's projectiles are pretty easy to powershield once you get used to it O_o
I have a strange thing going on with ROB where I can shield/approach him pretty effectively as snake but have more difficulty with meta knight, I'm ****ing backwards lmao

Snake vs. Marth is easier than Falco vs. Marth.
I'd disagree actually, I've found falco vs marth to be a fairly even matchup...most marth's don't know the snake MU that well though so snake is incredibly effective against most of them lmao

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
I got 5th yesteday. Lost 2-1 to Lain, 3rd game went to last stock, high damage against his DDD(which has beaten Ally in the past) and then lost to Judge 2-1 (got 5th at Pound) that also went to last stock. So overall i got bracked gayed lol but I think I did really well agains those 2, considering they are both top national players.

Also, good **** Nappy.

Turazrok

Smash Master
I got 5th yesteday. Lost 2-1 to Lain, 3rd game went to last stock, high damage against his DDD(which has beaten Ally in the past) and then lost to Judge 2-1 (got 5th at Pound) that also went to last stock. So overall i got bracked gayed lol but I think I did really well agains those 2, considering they are both top national players.

Also, good **** Nappy.
No name dropping johns.

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
At least i took a game off them lol and 3rd game went to last hit haha plus i learn some new **** thanks to Judge so next time it might played out a little different :p

And Turazrok, gtfo! lol

napZzz

Smash Hero
Lains DDD is pretty good infern. I lost to him at my first national awhile back too :/ i didn't know where to take him so I CP's halberd and at first it seemed smart, but then apparently I found out DDD has a dthrow infinite on that stage and it made me lose my lead. lol

napZzz

Smash Hero
...Where's the infinite spot?
On the 2nd part of the stage, you can dthrow snake (I dont know if its limited to snake only) near the left (could be right too?) edge repeatedly. I dont really know how it works, i just know I got caught in it and eventually killed ~_~

WOULD A LURKING DDD PLAYER CARE TO EXPLAIN

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
On the 2nd part of the stage, you can dthrow snake (I dont know if its limited to snake only) near the left (could be right too?) edge repeatedly. I dont really know how it works, i just know I got caught in it and eventually killed ~_~

WOULD A LURKING DDD PLAYER CARE TO EXPLAIN
Second part do you mean the ship or when it's flying? I know Dedede has infinite/walking cg on alot of chars including snake on RC because of all the moving platforms, but I didn't know about Halberd, I'd like to find out though.

napZzz

Smash Hero

Second part do you mean the ship or when it's flying? I know Dedede has infinite/walking cg on alot of chars including snake on RC because of all the moving platforms, but I didn't know about Halberd, I'd like to find out though.
i meant the part of the stage where the cannon shows up and its on the ship I think. Or are both parts considered the ship? lol I'm so stupid. Its the one you cant attack through because its more like a normal stage, or fly under

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Lains DDD is pretty good infern. I lost to him at my first national awhile back too :/ i didn't know where to take him so I CP's halberd and at first it seemed smart, but then apparently I found out DDD has a dthrow infinite on that stage and it made me lose my lead. lol
Yeah, the CO18 infinite. We call it that because CO18 did it to Ally in a $5 MM (with my $5 :p) which is when most people first heard about it.

Its done where the platform lands on the ship, next to the edge on the right side (dunno if it works on the left). But it requires specific spacing to do, so it really depends on where D3 grabs you on the stage.

Prawn

Smash Master
lol namesearch

sup.

snakes gay.

and erikg you were way too nervous I could tell LOL.

its cool tho you ain't half bad keep working on it

ErikG

Smash Ace
lol namesearch

sup.

snakes gay.

and erikg you were way too nervous I could tell LOL.

its cool tho you ain't half bad keep working on it
I was nervous mostly because I recognized your name.
And I was pissed when I got caught under the world's smallest lip on Frigate.
edit: Ironically before singles began, I was going to ask for some Friendlies versus you (or Money Match you if you didn't want to do friendlies) to get some experience.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I was nervous mostly because I recognized your name.
And I was pissed when I got caught under the world's smallest lip on Frigate.
edit: Ironically before singles began, I was going to ask for some Friendlies versus you (or Money Match you if you didn't want to do friendlies) to get some experience.
you shouldn't be nervous at tournaments. Just get into it and roll with it. Whatever happens happens, before you know it matches are over and you just might come back as long you focus hard enough

etecoon

Smash Hero
asking again for anyone that skim read before because I really want to know if anyone knows <_<

Also you shouldnt be using wavebirds, these have input lag, its much better for you to use a normal gc controller.
does anyone know if this is also the case with wii controllers as they are also wireless? very real possibility that I'd like to use classic controller pro when that comes out, I was messing with the classic controller and noticed that I tech and shield much more accurately because the buttons don't have springs

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Yeah, both the wiichuck and classic controller has input lag. The lag is only 2 frames so some people can deal with it.

I timed out a Marth today at my friendlies -.-<(?)

I camped him really hard at the last stock then he got hit by my C4 then he got star KO'd but before he "turned into a star" it timed out :p

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Woooah. Scientists estimate that roughly 10-20% of cancers are caused by a virus.

I had no idea. That is absurd.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Sorry, I meant to say viruses. Not like 1 virus, lol.

But yeah, its incredible how little we know about stuff like cancer, diabetes, and alzheimers... the kinds of stuff that millions of people suffer from.

Albert.

Smash Master
Sorry, I meant to say viruses. Not like 1 virus, lol.

But yeah, its incredible how little we know about stuff like cancer, diabetes, and alzheimers... the kinds of stuff that millions of people suffer from.
Woahh serious talk on the boards? Yeah its amazing how many stupid diseases are STILL inevitably lethal/life-ruining.

But a lighter note, If you like scientific stuff I highly recommend the website www.Cracked.com

Each day they have a funny/informative article that lists random stuff. Most Science/nature tipics has been covered. Let me find you a link....

A couple minutes later...:

http://www.cracked.com/article/162_5-forms-black-magic-that-science-making-possible/

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I am indeed a fan of cracked material. Although I know an inordinate amount of science, having spent the majority of my life involved in it, so most of what they write about are things I knew years ago.

I'm rather surprised they didn't write about it, but one of the first successful attempts at getting a monkey to control a prosthetic arm with his brain ended up with the monkey using it to fling his poop at anyone who came into the room :p

Oh great.

That means I'll have to be very paranoid about it :p

Snake boards Dr. SomeGuyFromMichiganLearningCoolScienceStuffAndIsAtPowerRankingsAndIsASuperSaiyanPandaAndPlaysAs

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I'm sure alot of you know about the new BDACUS find, lets see if we can findd a way to use it to help Snake's metagame.

Top Bottom