• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
I entered a random scrub tourney 2 days ago and got $75 for singles and $25 in doubles

I ****ing suck now =[

but entered singles as "Former Snake Boards rep" and Doubles as, "THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE"

:D

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
well, besides hilarious, sometimes:

-random characters are banned

-they generally try to follow the real ruleset but add things in (like I couldn't regrab more than 4 times after a dthrow for some reason)

-character variety because people don't want to tier ***** (and with tons of dissing real players)

-chances of items or dumb stages (I had to play on rumble falls so I CP'd Falco, lasered him once then ran away)

-Giant amounts of whining

-Giant amounts of praise

-bad players

-random good player (besides you)

-and my favorite, rules added to limit you (being the non-scrub), like when a scrub tried to ban Snake right before winner's finals because I hadn't lost a stock yet through the whole tournament

have fun :D

well, besides hilarious, sometimes:

-random characters are banned

-they generally try to follow the real ruleset but add things in (like I couldn't regrab more than 4 times after a dthrow for some reason)

-character variety because people don't want to tier ***** (and with tons of dissing real players)

-chances of items or dumb stages (I had to play on rumble falls so I CP'd Falco, lasered him once then ran away)

-Giant amounts of whining

-Giant amounts of praise

-bad players

-random good player (besides you)

-and my favorite, rules added to limit you (being the non-scrub), like when a scrub tried to ban Snake right before winner's finals because I hadn't lost a stock yet through the whole tournament

have fun :D
Umm.... I'm thinking of not ever competing in one of those if I get the chance. Ruins the moment.

IxxI

Smash Fence
You don't think making little kids mad is fun?
If not, you hate fun.

FUN HATER! :mad:

@BlackHeretic
How mad do they get? All the little scrubs in my area play Ike and always play Bridge of Eldin because they thing it's the most fair stage. If that happens, my plan is to use King DDD.

Also, how many wiimote's were used? :laugh:

NNID
Budget_Player
If not, you hate fun.

@BlackHeretic
How mad do they get? All the little scrubs in my area play Ike and always play Bridge of Eldin because they thing it's the most fair stage. If that happens, my plan is to use King DDD.

Is DDD really more frustrating than Falco? SHDL them into uper 500s and watch them get pissed. :p

I'd love to go to one of those, if just to piss all the scrubs off. xD

Also, I'd kill to find a PAL brawl+ user who'd be willing to upload the contents of his SD card so that I could actually try the **** game out. Installing brawl+ on PAL is ****ing impossible.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
Umm.... I'm thinking of not ever competing in one of those if I get the chance. Ruins the moment.
Its free money and tons of fun =/

If not, you hate fun.

@BlackHeretic

Nobody remembers to call me Syx anymore =[
They go to their friends and act like they should have won and that we spammed or something, but they rarely actually say anything to you

a few wiichuks, one wiimote on its side (and he was considered to be "hella good")

Is DDD really more frustrating than Falco? SHDL them into uper 500s and watch them get pissed. :p

I'd love to go to one of those, if just to piss all the scrubs off. xD.
On Eldin when forced to play there, I go fox and shoot lasers and side B :D
I try to make it to 999% before the timer runs out

and I suggest that everyone do it, its money in the bank lolol

IxxI

Smash Fence
Nobody remembers to call me Syx anymore =[
They go to their friends and act like they should have won and that we spammed or something, but they rarely actually say anything to you

a few wiichuks, one wiimote on its side (and he was considered to be "hella good")
Lol, those complainers, how good were they and who do they use?
What about the "hella good" guy? Man, I'm going to have so much fun. I'm expecting a lot of complaining little kids when I tech chase 0%-Death.

And, how old are these kids? Sorry for asking so many question, this is just so lulzy.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
Lol, those complainers, how good were they and who do they use?
I'm 4 months rusty and I didn't lose more than one stock a match (except against the friend I brought with me)

What about the "hella good" guy?
Single elimination tournament, I JV 4-stocked him in the first match

Man, I'm going to have so much fun. I'm expecting a lot of complaining little kids when I tech chase 0%-Death.
they might L+R+A+Start

And, how old are these kids?
they weren't much younger than me, I'm 19 and they were all 16ish and there were a few parents who play with their kids who also entered

Sorry for asking so many question, this is just so lulzy.
and I don't mind the questions, it gives me a reason to keep thinking of the epic lulz that were had

@Velox - nobody *****ed at me, just to their friends when I "couldn't" hear them

Just another question, how well regulated are the matches? In major tourneys you have judges and stuff to sort out problems regarding the rules. They enforced much in the "scrub tourneys" or do you have to sort it out yourself?

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
well... I knew the rules better than the TOs, so they asked me

that said, I did IDC for about 40 seconds at a time to **** with this kid who was an ******* because nobody had heard of it

he SDed 3 times =]

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Results finally got posted.

SuSa's performance
Winners' bracket
Bye
Defeated 3des (2-0)
Defeated Edrees (2-0) (Peach --> Bowser)
Defeated Jmex (2-1) (DK -- > DK --> Pikachu)
Defeated Champ (3-0) (Fox --> Fox --> Sheik IIRC)
Defeated dao (3-1) (Diddy > MK > Diddy > Diddy :x we had MK dittos)

Overall placing: 1/17

http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=5920

I got another tourney tomorrow, probably can't make it. :( $11 short... lol I'm broke

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
O lawd... ICs infinites would be so lulzy at a scrub tourney...

****, I need to enter some of these. I wanna make a quick buck. Where can I go to find stuff like this?

Things that would freak people out at scrub tourneys:
-ICs infinite
-Falco CG to spike
-Pikachu CG to 100%
-Pikachu QAC spam
-Snake's up tilt
-Any lock on a wall
-Meta Knight
-Lucas Zap Jump
-Beating their Ikes with Jigglypuff
-Landing a rest with Jigglypuff
-Playing with one hand and winning
-Killing with Snake's box

Think of your own scenarios!

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I went MK twice against Dao(once MK dittos, once right after, then went back to Snake) and Dedede against Jmex's DK 2nd round. But for the most part, all Snake.

Jmex's DK was just a tad to good for my Snake. Wrecked my first match.

Dao is just a great player, and I wanted to save my trump card (Battlefield) so I went MK + Norfair and we did MK dittos. Then he went Smashville so I stayed MK and just BARELY won, then I switched to Snake because he was going BF <3.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Things that would freak people out at scrub tourneys:
-ICs infinite
-Falco CG to spike
-Pikachu CG to 100%
-Pikachu QAC spam
-Snake's up tilt
-Any lock on a wall
-Meta Knight
-Lucas Zap Jump
-Beating their Ikes with Jigglypuff
-Landing a rest with Jigglypuff
-Playing with one hand and winning
-Killing with Snake's box
-DDD's chaingrab
-glide tossing
-mortar slides
-Marth's Full Shield Breaker recovery
-Stalling techs including:
*Infinite Dimensional Cape
*Sonics Homing Stall
*Jiggly's Sing on FD lip (that's infinite right?)
-Curving Pit's arrow 360 degrees (IE looping)
-Using MK, Pit or (Charizard?) to glide under FD and make it to the other side
-Luigi's Spike Taunt to a ledgegrabber

*I'm basing this off of how my friends reacted to this kind of stuff. They were surprised at Ike's dtilt spike, which shouldn't even happen. I'd rather call my friends casuals rather than scrubs though >.>

*Ahem, protecting my name in case I'm a scrub, haha

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
My friends are used to all the fancy stuff cause I do it all the time. So they're probably better than your average casual player.

They still suck though.

Somebody give me tips on how to Infinite Dimensional Cape. I can't seem to do it consistently. It's hard to mash that c-stick up.

yellowroy

Smash Ace
I went MK twice against Dao(once MK dittos, once right after, then went back to Snake) and Dedede against Jmex's DK 2nd round. But for the most part, all Snake.

Jmex's DK was just a tad to good for my Snake. Wrecked my first match.

Dao is just a great player, and I wanted to save my trump card (Battlefield) so I went MK + Norfair and we did MK dittos. Then he went Smashville so I stayed MK and just BARELY won, then I switched to Snake because he was going BF <3.
lol you got any vids, I wanna see ur snake, and BF is too good.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
So Tourney Today. :D
Round 1. Me Vs Dekar(NM's #1)(Diddy)
We go Pokemon Stadium to start the match. The match is extremely close, as are all of our matches right now. :D I win Game one. He counterpicks Smashville wins there. i counterpick Norfair and Uptilt at the right time. :d

Round 2. Me vs GoldenGlove. (Running Falco for some reason.)
I knew the match up nuff said. If he went DK I probably wouldn't have won as easily. The games would definitely be a lot closer. He is an amazing DK, don't know why he went Falco.

Round 3 Me vs Overgames (NM's #3)(Luigi)
He wins game one, I counterpick Norfair, barely win. He counters with Smashville I win barely.

Round 4 Me vs JT(ROB.)
I know the match up, and he is predictable. Good Rob though

Round 5(Winners Finals) Me vs Austin(Diddy. Had an easy bracket)
He doesn't even get close to comparing to Dekars Diddy, the matches are onesided and uneventful.

Round 6 (Grand Finals) Me Vs Dekar(Diddy. #1 player.)
We go to 5 games, I win at the last moment, he is a ridiculous player. He should have won the first set, but I know I would have won the second set. Either way, I still won.

Vids to come if they get uploaded.

yellowroy

Smash Ace
Whos Dekar?

and Havokk link the vid even though it sucked is it like bad quality or something?

it seems like everyones ****** tournies wit snake.

Top Bottom