• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

nevershootme

Smash Master
Oh, hey, NSM, whatever happened to your Smash stick idea? I'm interested in seeing some pictures.
simple solution, it doesn't work... lol. the problem is that it kinda works, but it didn't give me the full analog movement. when i plug it in to give me one of the configurations, it gives me full analog movement, but craps out once in awhile (maybe it could have been my wiring setup...)

also, the dual mod i've painstakingly tried to do (and assumed it was guranteed to work)... decided to not work in my favor for some strange reason... all because of a ground cable. like if i plug in the 360 cable, it will work, but not the ps3 (it won't even display the controller properties on my computer). if i take out that particular ground cable on the 360, the ps3 will work but not the 360 cuz of that ground...

soo pretty much the mod for my friend is a complete bust :( i mean doing it for 1 system is fun and easy... but when doing a double system mod... holy crap of money investing and time wasting of trying to get it working!...

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wait...

I thought you were the one who still found the cake to be funny...
i said certain ones, not just any cake reference.
and i still think it's overused.
but it can still be humorous.
i also think desu jokes are overused, but i still do them.

etecoon

Smash Hero
this cake is so delicious and moist

edit: so I finally found a use for the wii remote, it's amazing for training, much less clumsy than trying to use two controllers, I'm just sitting here practicing perfect shielding olimar's get up attack on reaction, I'M GOING TO GET YOU YOU ****ER

etecoon

Smash Hero
I think a lot of them the frame data is already out there...I pulled oli's from their board...what would be considered reaction time exactly anyway? I think somewhere in the neighborhood of 150-250ms is what you have for something that you ALREADY KNOW is coming, probably a bit more if you need to process it...

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Reaction time varies to much, but if you able to do Olimar's off of reaction time, then it should be safe to say that 15~ frames is around the ballpark.

I'm also not really one to like frame data unless it was gotten using the pause debug code.

Underload

Lazy
Snake boards need to test footstooling, at least a little bit. I believe it has tons of potential, and I can only think of two or three characters that have successfully taken advantage of it so far (Falcon, ICs, Pikachu).

Snakes need to start messing around with it a little bit. It can have a ton of potential applications, not just inifintes (something I don't think Snake is a candidate for anyway). NinjaLink's Diddy footstool tricks come to mind.

Sorry, wanted to get that out. I prefer pie, btw. Cake is too sweet for me D:

IxxI

Smash Fence
I can totally see Wargasm happening in tourneys. Same with Falco's shine killing at 726%. :laugh:
Lol, Footstool>FAir's would be funny to watch.

If we do try to incorporate footstooling, I don't even know what we could try.

Underload

Lazy
Well I just messed around with uthrow -> mash the sh*t out of X on a few characters. Iunno if it's guaranteed, but I can do it on a few characters.

If you set up a C4 under them you could probably do uthrow -> footstool -> C4 -> uair combo. That's if footstools can't be teched (which I'm pretty sure is the case).

I need a savvier person here so I can get some concrete info, I'm not knowledgeable on this kind of stuff ;(((((((((

nevershootme

Smash Master
Well I just messed around with uthrow -> mash the sh*t out of X on a few characters. Iunno if it's guaranteed, but I can do it on a few characters.

If you set up a C4 under them you could probably do uthrow -> footstool -> C4 -> uair combo. That's if footstools can't be teched (which I'm pretty sure is the case).

I need a savvier person here so I can get some concrete info, I'm not knowledgeable on this kind of stuff ;(((((((((
problem with your suggestion is this. u-throw -> footstool won't work cuz it buys enough time for them to jump away.

footstool -> c4 detonate won't work if they're on the ground, in the air it will work, but it's situational as they have to land

also, take account to DI

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
It seems moderately active to me. Not dead, but AIM message board style.

As for wargasm - I aspire to pull that off legitimately one day. Needless to say, I can never get a shield break cause I always poke them away before the shield shatters.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Since Snake doesn't have attacks that lift his opponent in the air just a little bit, footstooling won't be very useful.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Hey Knux, you've made custom Wii strap loaders right? Care to help me with a problem? I've already posted my question/problem here. If ya don't feel like answering questions, then I guess someone else will look at it sooner or later.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Okay, so I've been trying to make my own wii strap loader. When I use ASH's step 2 create, I get this message for the image which replaces the large wii mote in hand

04MenBoot03error:
ImNew: no alpha layer in file C:\USERS]OWNER]DESKTOP\SSBB HACKS\ASH\04MENBOOT03\TEX#00_14.TGA for image 0

total alloc: 214008
total freed: 214008
press <enter> to quit

For anyone that can help with this only problem, I've uploaded the offending TGA file. Perhaps you could open it in photoshop or GIMP (what I use) to see what I did wrong. Any further help is appreciated
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8Z66KCGY

Sukai

Smash Champion
Okay, so I've been trying to make my own wii strap loader. When I use ASH's step 2 create, I get this message for the image which replaces the large wii mote in hand

04MenBoot03error:
ImNew: no alpha layer in file C:\USERS]OWNER]DESKTOP\SSBB HACKS\ASH\04MENBOOT03\TEX#00_14.TGA for image 0

total alloc: 214008
total freed: 214008
press <enter> to quit

For anyone that can help with this only problem, I've uploaded the offending TGA file. Perhaps you could open it in photoshop or GIMP (what I use) to see what I did wrong. Any further help is appreciated
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8Z66KCGY
Add an alpha channel in the tga.
If you're using gimp, then it should be Layer > Transparency > Add Alpha Channel

Do that for all tga.s that doesn't end with a "+1" or a "+2".

Sukai

Smash Champion
Glad to be of service instead of hatred because people think I have a superiority complex.

You know who you are.

Top Bottom