• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I'm not sure how slow and notable the getup attack animation is. Also it takes (7?) frames to shield drop, and at least 9 to shield grab (11? to dash grab) and Olimar's roll is 33~ frames (all rolls are around that IIRC) which means you have 15 frames to get to where he rolled to and input the grab.

It may be possible..... <_<

I just wish Olimar had an away-towards attack... then it'd be G&W status easy...

EDIT:
Also note that we have a -1 frame advantage on dthrow.... not that that is a huge difference. <_<

That's how I recover sometimes... lol... you don't need to shieldgrab, that adds (7?) frames to what you want to do, effectively doubling the time it takes to grab.

Grabbing from a shield elimnates all shield dropping frames. The only problem you deal with is start-up lag. And if you do it correctly, you can shieldgrab input without even bringing up the shield. Plus, I believe the grabbing from a shield will even cancel out all start-up lag of the shield as well. This means there really is no down side to shieldgrabbing. At least I cannot think of any.

SuSa

"Plus, I believe the grabbing from a shield will even cancel out all start-up lag of the shield as well."

I think you have to wait 2 frames, I'm almost certain you need to at least wait 1 frame after the shield input to let the game know you want to shield grab.

"Plus, I believe the grabbing from a shield will even cancel out all start-up lag of the shield as well."

I think you have to wait 2 frames, I'm almost certain you need to at least wait 1 frame after the shield input to let the game know you want to shield grab.
Not that much of a difference. Espically when you consider that the fact that if you land with a grenade, you have no ending lag. So it sort of evens itself out.

SuSa

Diddy+Ganon > Snake+Pikachu

Although Snake and Pika can make a pretty **** team.

Also @ Crystal
2 frames can make a huge difference in some cases, including reaction time, but that is so extremely rare and situational and player dependent that it isn't worth arguing over. Although you are right.. I don't think it's 7 frames... :p

EDIT:

Bracket ****ed.
When you just get ****ed by your bracket:

Winners' bracket
Defeated Okville - Dedede
Lost to JonT - Snake / Dedede

Losers' bracket
Defeated Ronin - Mario
Lost to Hall - Snake

**** SNAKE DITTOS IM NEVER DOING THEM AGAIN
Overall placing: 25/57

EDIT:
Turns out Okville was a lot better then I thought:
Okville's performance
Winners' bracket
Lost to Susa

Losers' bracket
Bye
Defeated Doppelganger
Defeated Oats
Defeated Phillycheesesteak
Defeated Dao < good ****
Lost to Futile

Overall placing: 9/57

SuSa

BANANA CHOKE INDEED.

Diddy gives Ganon a banana, they both go **** with their 1 banana a piece.

Also they can perform a team infinite with banana's and side-B's that leads to Ganon's KO move. It is indeed, ever so epic....

SuSa

It's all camping... and I suck at watching C4/mines I noticed. :3

Anyways, I'm going to go buy a new copy of Melee. <3 My copy is so scratched that 3 stages and 4 characters don't work.... and sometimes it will crash while I play.

My other copy was broken by a dog.

And my OTHER copy is at my mom's house and I keep forgetting to take it home.

YES I had 3 copies. :3 going to buy a 4th

EDIT:
@Underload
I should ban you for even suggesting to play the Snake dittos..

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Room ban him. If your having trouble with Snake dittos(or with playing against Diddy) Work on instant throwing. It helps

SuSa

Puffballs Unite! is sooooo impossible T_T

EDIT:
Went DK spammed down-B and beat it first try.... so much for trying to do it with Sheik.

EDIT:
****, I just realized I won't be able to save. :3 no memory card.. all this work doing 30 events for nothing

So Fatal

Smash Master
BRACKET ****ED!!!

Winners' bracket
Bye
Defeated Pat G
Defeated Minty
Defeated Dabuz
Defeated Ninja Link
Lost to Atomsk

Losers' bracket
Defeated KSizzle
Lost to Atomsk

Overall placing: 2/53

o waitzzz

SuSa

So I'm trying to do the new MH Glitch, right?
I get to the stage selection screen, right?
It freezes. :|
SON OF A *****.

And I don't feel like unlocking mewtwo, bringing my wii home, and re-unlocking him... I have 3 memory cards.. all at home. :x ....

Guess I won't be playing Melee til I get home.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Always jump before the stage flips, or make sure you're airborne.

I'm so totally getting that Metroid Prime Trilogy.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
COUNTER PICKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!!!!!!

Also, I have a replay of Frigate flipping and killing a cpu off the top. It's lulzy.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
God d**n it, you even predicted the perfect amount of exclamation points and the exact placement of the random question mark. Even the space between "COUNTER" and "PICKS" that isn't even entirely necessary. You sir, are amazing. Hats off to you.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Woo, starting to learn how to edit strap loader. Needless to say, I'm already lost :/ Hopefully when I learn to do this + use GIMP, I could make some good stuff.

Also, Spelt is from "Soviet Russia?" Either that's a lie or it's exotic.

Exotic... more leik erotic... wait, what? Mmmm waffles.

Top Bottom