• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Qusestion the Falcos!

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
I really don't like fighting Olimar. I just hate the way that he plays / the way that you have to play against him.

I don't think that I have a favorite matchup, really.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
8/26/10
Do you ever taunt during tournaments? If so, when?
I taunt when I play people I play all the time in tourney...like a crewmate or someone I always friendly...and I only use the "Don't Try Me taunt" because Like I usually kill with upsmash and falco points down like "you were standing here" and then his hand goes up and hes like "now you up there"...lol

8/25/10
What is your favorite type of bread?
Panera Bread (not a real bread But i love that restaurant)

but I like Ciabatta

8/18/10
Why did you pick up falco, and how many of you have even played a single game where falco was even part of the game?
I picked up falco in brawl because I played him all through melee. I just recently dropped him from the main poool but I won't ever drop skill with him because im Black and Falco is easy for black people obviously

games I've Played:
starfox 64
starfox command (used falcos ship alot)
starfox assault (actually used Falco in Multiplayer)
Starfox adventure (Still working on that)

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Last question: I like taunting. It annoys my opponent and when they're pissed they make more mistakes.

My favourite matchup? I would say MK, because it's evenly matched and both characters have vastly different movesets and characteristics. It's actually an interesting and exciting match to play.

My least favourite matchups are against anyone that floats. Yeah, even trash characters like Zelda, Jiggs etc. I can't stand them because I guess a bad habit of mine is liking to pressure my opponent with aggressive followups. Unfortunately, floaters just drift away and smack you in the face when you try to do that. I mean, they're not hard to beat per se, it's just the way you have to play against them bores the **** out of me.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
I forgot to answer the question about taunts. xD

I only taunt if:
- I take a stock in a cool way
- I get the last kill
- someone planks or aircamps me

As for the matchups there are some I really enjoy playing a lot, especially Diddy Kong, Fox and Wolf, because it usually gives pretty fast paced and fun games.

I hate the Olimar and Snake matchups because they are very frustrating.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I love playing against ROBs, with both Snake and Falco.

I like fighting Marths with Snake, hate it with Falco though.

I hate fighting pikachus the most for the simple reason of me losing to some1 i really shouldn't lose to when he used pikachu who he doesn't even main.

AxelPurpleMissle

Smash Journeyman
What is your favorite, and most hated match-up? And why.

My favorite match up is Mk I guess.. Most disliked match would be rob haha(and snake maybeh)

SSSnake

Smash Journeyman
most liked mu is proably snake. hes just too easy with shdl and cg. i really hate the ic mu... i just feel so helpless since lasers have a 50% change of hitting popo, provided they hit anybody in the first place. cgs dont really work well because if you even get popo, nana will likley just hit you before you can even do the 2nd grab. ics pretty much take away what makes falco falco, and that doesnt help anybody.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
A at least decent Snake should never be cg'ed, he should just camp with nades until he's out of cg percents, just saying.

SSSnake

Smash Journeyman
what if you do an shdl/shffl approach? could it be possible that snake cant pull nade?

I'm little late this time instead of on time >.> Anyway, this question will be...

What is your favorite type of music and would be Falco's favorite type of music be?

My favorite genre would have to be techno, but I would say Falco would like heavy metal. I have no idea why o.0

AxelPurpleMissle

Smash Journeyman
Mines would be Tecno, rock, n rap...

Falco might be something fast but slow at the same time...pendulum much?

SSSnake

Smash Journeyman
i agree 100% on the haevy metal. falco just seems like the kind of person who can go with heavy metal and make it work. he does have a shady past afterall.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
What is your favorite type of music and would be Falco's favorite type of music be?

Classic rock and metal.
lol hip hop

Ok, the question that was up for like 2 days obviously did not get much attention like all... a whopping 4-5 responses lol I'll keep it more falco oriented and see if that's what it takes to get you guys talking.

Do you prefer melee falco or brawl falco?

I lack the tech skill to play melee falco at all, so brawl style falco all the way.

Arcadia

Smash Apprentice
You can't even compare them, but Falco is good in both games for different-ish reasons. However they both use lazahs as a central part of their game.

Melee Falco = Brawl Falco, but not really.

MetalMusicMan

I like Brawl Falco (obviously :p), he can be aggressive but focuses more on keep away / being campy, which I like. A good Melee Falco is really fun to watch though.

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
I prefer Brawl Falco but I guess that's just because I'm not that good at melee.
Watching some melee top falcos play is pretty fun though.

SSSnake

Smash Journeyman
melee falco is better imo, but when playing melee i like fox.. but yeah melee falco had the killer down b, awesome u and d tilts, and a vetter recovery move (falco fire is longer in melee). however brawl falco does have cgs, which is something that nobody would disagree is a good thing (except for the people playing against us :p). but overall i think melee falco is faster and just well... better.

MetalMusicMan

im so over all these brawl falcos thinking he's all about keep away

it's so not true
What part of my post said that he could only play keep away? Oh, none of it.

Now, if you think he isn't better at keep away, then you're wrong. Brawl is a defensive game, defensive play is generally better as a rule. That's not to say that aggressive play doesn't have its place or isn't useful.

You pretty much just wanted to disagree with me for no reason other than to disagree, even though I clearly did not state that there was anything wrong with aggressive play. I said he was good at it, but was better at keep away, which he is.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Ok, the question that was up for like 2 days obviously did not get much attention like all... a whopping 4-5 responses lol I'll keep it more falco oriented and see if that's what it takes to get you guys talking.

I lack the tech skill to play melee falco at all, so brawl style falco all the way.
Whats melee?

Next question.

What sort of motto do you live by?

"I try to have the most fun in the most comfortable way I can. So long as you do not complain about my looks, interests, etc. I will treat you the same manner. Let's both have fun!"

These are my own words.

Choice

Smash Champion
my motto is never give up, never surrender.

down 2 stocks? that sucks but lets bring it back.

i dunno if thats really my motto or if i have a motto.

SSSnake

Smash Journeyman
just an idea... so yeah this is a cool thread and since you cant think of anything else to say, then in stead of letting the thread go to waste, why not let other people who roam the falco boards ask the Qs? just an idea.

AxelPurpleMissle

Smash Journeyman
just an idea... so yeah this is a cool thread and since you cant think of anything else to say, then in stead of letting the thread go to waste, why not let other people who roam the falco boards ask the Qs? just an idea.
That be cool....

Don't Really have a motto except to not give up to quickly on the match up even though your down by two stocks.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Next question.

"I try to have the most fun in the most comfortable way I can. So long as you do not complain about my looks, interests, etc. I will treat you the same manner. Let's both have fun!"

These are my own words.
Play to win but be smart about it.

iamjason8

Smash Journeyman
Erm dunno. "Hands off my bread"?

8/30-31/10
Melee. Its more fun. That's why I try to play Brawl Falco like Melee. Obviously not the same or as effective but definitely a lot more fun and challenging.

8/28-29/10
I like rock. Falco also likes rock.

8/27/10
What is your favorite, and most hated match-up? And why.
My favorite is against Marth. What can I say? Its fun and reminds me of Melee haha. I hate Meta Knight and Toon Link the most. MK is just gay. If ever I get off stage that's a stock gone and camp wars are just incredibly boring.

8/26/10
Do you ever taunt during tournaments? If so, when?
No, because there are no tournaments in my area. :'(

8/25/10
What is your favorite type of bread?
I don't really like bread but Panini I guess?

8/18/10
Why did you pick up falco, and how many of you have even played a single game where falco was even part of the game?
I picked him up because he looked fun, he was good in Melee and I heard he was good in Brawl. Now I'm very good with him. :)

I'm a noob though, I've never played a single Starfox game. ><

Top Bottom