• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quick Question, Quick Answer Thread

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
What are the properties of Snake stickying hit box(if it's called that)?I'm referring to when he is sticking someone with the c4. Is it lingering or anything? I was playing against someone who spotdodged a lot and I was able to stick him in it fairly consistently. o-o
Please and thank you. :D

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Can you footstool a character who is in invincibility frames (specifically, ledge invincibility while they're off the ledge)? If so, will the opponent go into the "I've just been footstooled" animation?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I thought all characters are completely intangible when they're on the respawn platform.

I just thought that P:M developers would've had a big issue on their hands if footstooling could get people through ledge invincibility.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
They could just buffer an aerial, airdodge, or whatever. Besides, most characters can't occupy that space for very long, while they can sit on the respawn platform for ~3 seconds.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
You can be on the respawn plat for a total of 3 seconds. Exiting the respawn plat gives you 2 seconds of invincibility.

Do all characters swim at the same speed or do they vary?

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Anyone know the difference between priority set to special attacks and priority set to normal attacks?

I'm thinking they might be different because aerial attacks trade if the character using has their hurtboxes overlapping, but they can cancel special attacks like Din's.

edit: lol that is atrociously explained, hope people can understand what I'm asking

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
That might be what I meant. Do attacks that are articles (Din's, Aura Sphere etc) have special priority? I'm assuming they do because aerial attacks can cancel them out even if their hurtbox gets hit.

I'm going to make a video about priority in Brawl, so I'd appreciate as much as I can get about the subject.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Can't aerials also clash with glide attacks? What properties do glide attacks have that allow this?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I've never heard of this, and I want to know the truth--

Miscellaneous : Have you ever heard about the z-axis? If not, watch this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=079p47Y42Og

DDD's spotdodge goes so far into the z-axis that he can avoid many attacks during the vulnerable part of his spotdodge.

You're right, we don't care about DDD.

Let's get to the good stuff now. Charizard's spotdodge also move him into the z-axis, although he doesn't go as far as DDD. But he also suffers from the fact that one of his foot is sticking out in front of him.

So if you spotdodge why facing backwards, you can actually avoid some attacks even when you're not invincible! :D
Does Charizard's spotdodge allow him to avoid stuff via Z-Axis during the end of his spotdodge? If so, what parts of his body avoid moves in that situation?

Toomai

Smash Ace
Does Charizard's spotdodge allow him to avoid stuff via Z-Axis during the end of his spotdodge? If so, what parts of his body avoid moves in that situation?
This is not really a yes-or-no question, but I can give an estimate from what I see with BrawlBox: Charizard's belly never really leaves the Z plane by more than 1 unit, his head does as well as about 3 units (but before intangibility ends), and his standing foot is about 4 units out. So if a hitbox has a size of above 4 then probably no dice.

For comparison, Dedede's arm and foot are from 2-3 units out, but his belly is a whopping 6 at maximum.

Top Bottom