• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

| Queensland Smash Meets | Meet @ Bob's house this weekend |

Status
Not open for further replies.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Hey kids.

Bring Wii's and Melee/Brawl if its easy, cause I only have 1 remember!
Food strategy: Have a reasonable breakfast, minimal lunch + snacks so we can eat a bucketload for dinner. :D
Ya doyles better be going to Hotdogs as well! :bee:
Also, Pantry Smash will be ON for tomorrow.

SPAM: (please re-direct all only spam posts too QLD social thread ya ****s)
I last about 8-9 hours in bed.
Then I gotta get up and go to work.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
im bringing a cube cuz i never took it out of my car from when i played at nicks.

i dont have a memory card though :(

wow huge crew at bobs tomorrow. can't wait for some melee.

edit: i feel like my falcon has gotten better since playing with chris again. noticed alot of mistakes ive been making anyway.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
good fun smashing yesterday guys. lol lee you're too funny. should have hung around and played more singles with me :(

fking ben, now I have to try and beat your fox and falco and sheik. soooo gay.

gonna buy one of these video toll bull****z. **** tolls!

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Yeah, was a lot fun yesterday.
No amount of training in America was gonna help me beat Chris :D

Though, I do feel like I'm improving, and by improving I just mean getting more technically consistent with Diddy's B-reversal Popgun techs and Inverse Glide tossing.

I feel about the same in Melee, lol.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
>.> yer, master of snatch - owner of beef curtains (wtf lol)

anyho nice meet... its just not complete with a portorgasm, good thing i had multiple ones

nice melee even tho i haven't got anybetter.. (well how can i ben keeps taking lives from my life bank of 4 stock -,-) tit wich wang **** ... classic bum 69 stuff right there

alright brawl didn't play alot =P wanted to tho

awesome first "anal"ual games master gaun1337z.... we should get a belt for that
the run down on the ruleset. 5 games. neutral stage decided on coin flip (neutrals - brawl, melee, anything decided as fair). loser counter picks any different game. resonable round length (no 50 turn mario partys etc).

the results of the arrow vs djcat (home team) challenge.
Round 1 - Brawl .... Arrow wins due to the serious snake whipped out early. dj's robot moves could not dance away from the tilts. also yoshi caught a snake bite
Round 2 - DJ counterpicks Blast corps (moon level) ... Highly techinical hyperslides and impressive camera angle changes from dj boosts him into the better time. gravity didn't hold him back... Arrow failled around in circles....
Round 3 - Arrow counterpicks new tech Wii resort (sword duel) .... Arrow's "Zorro" dominates Dj's "C.Falcon" and dong dances to victory.
Round 4 - match point DJ counterpick, Mario tennis 64 ... The god tier paratropper (DJ) vs the tricky poo (arrow). the ball went back and 4th duh. The first game went to tiebreaker where DJ got into arrow's head and took it. Arrow CP's baby mario/yoshi court.. and goes through DJ iron wall of defense like a ghost. THe final match DJ CP's unexpected composition neutral stage (a test of pressure perfect stage for it). It went to a tiebreak, close match but DJ takes it with some smooth flying.... fox
FINAL ROUND - Arrow counterpicks a DJ favourite, INTERNATIONAL SUPERSTAR SOCCER GOOOOOAL 64. the peri peri portugal (dj) vsed the mancini italians (arrow). corneria was carry for DJ and mancini and car boni for arrow were key players.. 7-8 lead DJ come second half. where he marks arrow's forawrds. the match was a cracker. unexpected 55 meter goal turned the tide and brought it to a 11-11 draw.. it headed to extra time, key subs were made by both teams cause their stamina was used up like a fat guy after 20 situps. the extra time was deadly close where it went to 14 - 14 in the final minute of the game.. forcing a tie!!!!!!
FINAL FINAL FINAL MATCH - it ends on melee, FD fox only no items... not really but did end on melee... cold harsh outside melee. for-raw-wad smash marth did a forward smash... duh and took first game. DJ CP's mute city with falcon... however the mute city theme worked against him... and arrow takes out the first gamer gaun1337

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
"The goalie has come out!"

Yeah, thanks to everyone who came on Caturday the 1st, maybe i should write a blog on it, how do you do em Antho?
Thanks for bringing Wii's n cubes, we had more than enough!
And thanks for traveling heaps far people!

Hmmm, when should the next meat be?
Weekend in between the 2 tournys?
Or should that be a "rest" week? "resting is for the WEAK!" Thanks Dif. :)
Whos hosting....I vote Dif or Chris or Hotdogs or whoever else wants to.
I'll drive n pick people up if need be :)
Eekk, too many :)'s

RANDOM:
I remember roughly 2 years ago someone suggested a random camping trip. I don't think it happened (although it might have been somewhat of an idea for the Byron Bay trp...no idea).
Reckon it should happen anyone? Would be fuuunnnn.
>Insert hilarious responses about camping in Smash...<

.Lee

Smash Rookie
shoutouts for caturday

firstly

DJ CAT!: thankyou for the lift/food/bed/equipment for the day, hehe your yoshi is tighter then fish p*ssy

Aussie"SexGod"Rob: you and your falcon get sexier everytime i see you, shame we didnt have any singles hahaha i was sleeping for abit cause i finished work at like 3am sat morning, ill make it up to you next time mate

Kas:shame didnt get to play with you much either,i wanted to show you my blood hawk ill see you soon your awesome aweeeee

Sirias

Smash Champion
Wtf lol Bob your signature.

Omg I can teach peoplez but no one ever asks so wtf. XD

I didn't get to play Rob at all! :C
Only like a game or two with Casy and Lee... :C
And I barely played with... Dean, is it? Testikillls anyway.
Got to play lots with Dif, though. C:

Feel like more Mario Party. </3

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Yea thanks for hosting DJ, didn't get to play much since I rocked up late. I still gotta get those TV's of you later in the week, I forgot to get them @_@

Sirias

Smash Champion
You didn't ask me for any help. :C

Oh yeah.
Thanks for hosting Bobsy. <33

Kool to see all you guys. c:

Miss you all already... </3

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
kasssssssss since you played me heaps ;) ... in melee... you got any advice i can think about before i play you guys again???

also thanks dj cat/bob for being generally AWESOME. oh, and for hosting.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
is ther anyone that could host me for the night Im a friend of Max from sunnycoast. We were gonna stay at djcats's but he's not gonna be there. If someone can pm me. That would be awesome. Otherwise I'll c u guys the foloowing month. Or whenever there is another meet.

Sirias

Smash Champion
I could totally stay at Bob's place and be the host and we could all have an orgy there.
Up to Bobsy, though. d:

Depends on who you use, DIF MANG! O:
Fox = More up-throws to up airs, or up smashes, or up tilts (with fast fallers) to grabs, or just chain grab. Wave-shining. Thunder's combo (waveshine to jab to upsmash). Back or forward throws off edge, shield their attack if they come back and then shine spike them, and if they air dodge you can jump into a shine and spike them. c: Approach with lots of nairs against people without much range/priority, otherwise nairs to bairs to nairs and so on are good. :D Uhm... drill shining's goooooddd...... tilting people off edges is usually better than smashes... ftilts are good for just walking up to people, and utilts are good for people coming down on you (haha innuendo). ....... There's seriously so much to teach, haha. XD Ask me next time I see you, it's much easier to teach when I can show and also let you practice such.

... Really, though, the whole game of Smash is mind-games. Knowing what the person you're playing against is going to do next and using it against them and so on. c:
I'm not very technical, I rely much more on guessing what's gonna happen next and abusing priority moves, lolol. d:
Harder to teach mind games, but I mean I can show you (or anyone else for that matters) some things that most people would do in such situations and so on...

That's why I like Ike in Brawl.
He's so slow and bulky, but has a couple of fast moves AND NO PROJECTILES so no fkin camping.
ALL MIND GAMES!
<3
Ike = Win.

Edit:

Which reminds me.
Camping is lame.
But edge-camping is what I do.
And I can camp for infinity as well. C:
Patience is a virtue, kthx.

Lol, which reminds me of what Ryan said when I was playing Chris last year (or earlier this year) in Brawl.
And we were both just camping the ledge.
And Ryan was all: "So boring, they're both so patient, could go on forever."
Or such like that.
Fun times.
<3

Edit 2:

I want to go to America and see how well I go there... :C
With Zac.
<3

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
-Yeah, Bob's place was really good fun
-Was great to see so many ppl I haven't met before also, just wish I could have more time to smash...eat cake and try out the hundreds of different Baskin 'n' Robins milkshakes <3
-And Kas, sif you have only mindgames in melee, your tech skill is crazy in that game along with your mindgames haha

-And also, less cricket and more smashtacular soccer! (And more VGM)

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
it was cold rock but yeah ... <3 icecreamu

soccer > cricket..... but dont really care 2 much... getting hot these days tho ~_~

yeah so much more campy brawl... ike and c.f are d man

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
is ther anyone that could host me for the night Im a friend of Max from sunnycoast. We were gonna stay at djcats's but he's not gonna be there. If someone can pm me. That would be awesome. Otherwise I'll c u guys the foloowing month. Or whenever there is another meet.
Someone host him, yo!

@Billy: YES! Cricket should happen again for sure, so you can sign the wall!
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2456/3621713632_b573171a38.jpg
How does the weekend after next sound for everyone!?
Or even the Sunday after the Melee tourny?

-random camping trip.
-ANIMANIA AND GENCON, better organize it before we miss out and regret it!
I'm busy....ish but if someone tells me what I can do to help...then I will!

Atlasmist

Smash Journeyman
pretty epic pic bobby cant wait for weekend man yayzors for stigma b/64 fix

anyone alse love conkers bad fur day?

D0N

Smash Ace
<<From the States

Hello, ive been told by some of Vyse's american fans that I need to play him and his friends while im in australia. Are there gonna be weeklies in Queensland? If I find a way to come down for August 8th or something at a latter date is there any way I can get housing?

Sirias

Smash Champion
Yes. Conkers Bad Fur Day. <3 Wub.

Would be easier to just stay at a hostel unless you plan on staying for like... more than 5 days. d:
And if you plan on staying a long time, then... I dunno. I can't really host, I can, but I live ages away from City/anyone, so would be boring.

I want to go camping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom