• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

| Queensland Smash Meets | Meet @ Bob's house this weekend |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrubs

Smash Lord
I've been to Fiji....

When they had a stable government...

Its alright..

I'm not a big fan of lying around on a beach type of holidays...more of a sight seeing person + the capital Suva is a hole

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I've just obtained SF4 for my laptop and it runs like a dream.
So I'll bring it to meets from now on for people to muck around with :)

(Convenient to have it on my laptop lol)

Just need to get USB cords for my 360 controllers + get a PS2 to USB converter for my stick.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
There's an issue with Gencon. It conflicts with Animania, and both of these events could potentially bolster the attendance at SQUAT V.

So I'm probably going to go host something at Animania while the others are at Gencon.
I'm sure we'll figure out something ;S
Animania is just on the Saturday right?
Could have that and then if I am correct 9am-5pm Sunday at GenCon.
Which is the most time available on all the days at GenCon. Loook it up! (I could be wrong)

Rob:
-Thats like kneeing an apple!

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
yeah kas missed out so much melee no brawl.
no falcon **** in doubles tho XP
it was the forawrd smash and the pikachu hat **** in doubles

i got a ps3.. so i might bring it when i get sf4 :X

Atlasmist

Smash Journeyman
sup qlders anyone coming to stigma-b today? hahahaha should see the wise arse young ppl kicking veteran arse...noooo:(

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Alright, lets get some mid-week Smashing happening then.
Where and when?
I will if no one else will host.

Pantsman: Where you at?
As in, where are you currently located so we can work out how easily we can play smash with you, ey ey!!!!! ;)

And lets get something of a decent size happening this weekend, seems it needs nearly a week of notice for anything to happen round here, so there it is, again I'll host if no one else will. Could be the first weekly, even if we have a bi-monthly the weekend after! Oh yes!

Scrubs

Smash Lord
Alright, lets get some mid-week Smashing happening then.
Where and when?
I will if no one else will host.

Pantsman: Where you at?
As in, where are you currently located so we can work out how easily we can play smash with you, ey ey!!!!! ;)

And lets get something of a decent size happening this weekend, seems it needs nearly a week of notice for anything to happen round here, so there it is, again I'll host if no one else will. Could be the first weekly, even if we have a bi-monthly the weekend after! Oh yes!
Soz couldnt make it today bob...

Midweek sounds cool

I'll give joshua a bell

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
A weekend large smash meet would be nice =)
I should probably study so I doubt I could make it for a mid-week one, but yeah we need more GC host action I say!

undead_moose

Smash Lord
But I don't feel like Smashin' when the old joanna plays
My heart could take a chance but my wallet can't find a way
You'd think that I could muster up a little wave dash light shield way
But I don't feel like Smashin' no sir no Smashin' today

sorry reminded me of that song

Sirias

Smash Champion
... Yeah be quiet kthx.
<3

Mid-week?
Sounds good. c:
My phone cap resets in 2 days.
Then I can start txting and calling again, yayayay.

Scrubs

Smash Lord
Im there tomorrow Antho 9-3

Just watched rocky 4... never seen it before I think it is a movie about Genesis

Appollo Creed = M2K

Ivan Draggo = Armada

Rocky = Mango

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
sorry chris, i would host more on GC but i live with parents so I cant :(

I think you're the only one on the GC that doesn't live with parents... lol. You know if I was on my own I'd host all the time. I'm addicted to melee and pretty much want to play it whenever i get the chance / am not doing anything else.

weekend sounds good, but I never know what i do on the weekends so I will wait to see yet.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Does anyone know what happened to Zac's bricked PSP? He gave it to me at Bob's and I left it there.

Did he take it back or did someone else grab it? I actually need it now lol.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
curse all you qut people, more of you should go to uq. djcat, i'm a brisbanite XD
More specifically though?
Can you host people as well?
If not come to mine this weekend (I don't see anyone else volunteering, BUT I'll happilly go if they do ;) )
More details to come after I wait just that litle bit longer for someone else to say they will. :p

Back in the day (07) heaps of people used to host. Parents or not.
Ben, Ryan, Zac, Juggy, Triss/Aaron. The list doesn't go on. But I digress. And digression is my job....or was it detection...either way its about time I did some more of it.

@Sieg: Yep, still here and on display.

@This weekend: Caturday or Sunday? Or a combination of the both? Does Friday get a look in? No one ever gives Friday a fair hearing these days. :dizzy:

@Ryan: I remember Ryan saying he wanted to do something smashy this weekend, so thats 1 person. :)

@mid-week: that would be Wednesday, and IF anyone is interested let me know NOW, so I know to get up early. :p You have to let me know!
Don't spam up this thread, send me a message in the emails or phone, more cleaner yo all.

EDIT:
If anything happens on da weekend I'll get some Shapes for J-Birds...i mean everyone to eat. XD :p <3

Scrubs

Smash Lord
More specifically though?
Can you host people as well?
If not come to mine this weekend (I don't see anyone else volunteering, BUT I'll happilly go if they do ;) )
More details to come after I wait just that litle bit longer for someone else to say they will. :p

Back in the day (07) heaps of people used to host. Parents or not.
Ben, Ryan, Zac, Juggy, Triss/Aaron. The list doesn't go on. But I digress. And digression is my job....or was it detection...either way its about time I did some more of it.

@Sieg: Yep, still here and on display.

@This weekend: Caturday or Sunday? Or a combination of the both? Does Friday get a look in? No one ever gives Friday a fair hearing these days. :dizzy:

@Ryan: I remember Ryan saying he wanted to do something smashy this weekend, so thats 1 person. :)

@mid-week: that would be Wednesday, and IF anyone is interested let me know NOW, so I know to get up early. :p You have to let me know!
Don't spam up this thread, send me a message in the emails or phone, more cleaner yo all.
I still host kinda..... one person at a time... Josh came over last friday...

I just don't have the facilities to have like 10 ppl over...

But yeah wednesday!!

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
My parents don't even know I play smash. I don't tell them where I'm going when I'm heading to a meet / tourney lol. So they are usually like where the hell were you and I'm just like "at a friends house". same excuses are starting to get old... but yeah my house doesnt have any suitable TV's and not many decent chairs, and the whole not telling the parents thing...

I don't know what it is, I just don't tell anybody outside of the smash community that I actually play. :S

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
^yeah kinda like that 2...
so i stopped telling them i was going out and where i went... didn't work out to well XO

zzz wednesday only day i cant make a midweak meet =P

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
@Rob: I just say 'Competitive Gaming' or 'Competitive Fighting Games' and leave it at that. rofl. Easier for people to understand. You all might remember Ken trying to explain smash in 20 seconds on American TV for survivor. Pretty lol.

EDIT: I placed a poster up yesterday (and removed the posters already covering it by this morning) up in QUT's Z Block right next to Z411 (You QUT guys know the one), so hopefully it'll get maximum exposure today.

The poster is in the OP, I'm imploring you guys to pin them up in places as well. They DO work, but only if we actually get them posted up, so help me out here!

EDIT:

When you see it, you'll **** brix.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Is anything happening tomorrow?

I joined a gym.
I'm gonna get so buff.
And I'm also going to the Army.
Hott.

Someone txt me if anything's happening tomorrow.
Also, Ben, if you want to smash, tell me, because I'll be around Indro tomorrow.
And then I'll come round naked.
Kthx.

Scrubs

Smash Lord
Is anything happening tomorrow?

I joined a gym.
I'm gonna get so buff.
And I'm also going to the Army.
Hott.

Someone txt me if anything's happening tomorrow.
Also, Ben, if you want to smash, tell me, because I'll be around Indro tomorrow.
And then I'll come round naked.
Kthx.
Well I think Im going to Bobs tomorrow.... Catch a bus to the city and meet me at uni at 1

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
i could host, but it'd be several hours travel for anybody on the gold coast, and could be over an hour for people in brisbane. i live in carseldine, which is a fair bit north.

i can't do anything midweek. too busy with uni.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
I'll host this weekend! Sunday, anytime after 12pm, will have Melee, Brawl and SF4 crankin! kgo. cya's there.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Wha? Bob's got afternoon shift from 2 till 10, lol.
If we leave at 1 we'll get there at 2.
No smash lulz.
At least not at Bob's.
Although he says it's ok as long as we're there... but I still feel a little uncomfortable doing that, lol.

My nose hurts. :c

Edit:

Koolio. c:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom