• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

| Queensland Smash Meets | Meet @ Bob's house this weekend |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paff

Smash Journeyman
@l3oOkeR: It seems like nobody realizes how good FLCL is the first time they watch it. If your girlfriend has only seen it once, she has to see it again.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Was D3's chain grab banned for QBB?

If it was... RAGE.
It wasn't banned at QBB

Infinite Chain Grabbing is banned in any form (Bar Ice Climber's).

So D3 chain grabbing against a wall is banned (therefore D3 stage bans were in place).
D3 infinite chain grabbing on the spot against characters like DK is banned.

Chain grabbing characters across a stage with D3 was very much allowed.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
ionno about FLCL
i watched it it wasn't my thing :S same with lain

something like the 2nd full metal panic and Gurren lagann is much better

what about snakes infinite grab?

Sieg

Smash Champion
I wanna watch Gurren Lagann, but I cbf dloading it atm.

Just started watching Diebuster, but I haven't seen any eps yet.

I'll watch them after Soul Eater.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
The infinite grab clause that was outlined in QBB basically stated that:

Any grab or maneuver that can be performed infinitely to the point where regardless of stage design, it cannot be escaped, is banned.

Infinite grabbing also constitutes stalling, which is also banned.

The only infinite chain grab allowed is the IC's chain grab, due to its degree of difficulty.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Only anime's worth watching are Night Shift Nurses, Gurren Lagann, FLCL, Evangelion (cause everyone does, I don't like it), Death Note, FMA, DBZ and Haruhi. That pretty much covers all anime references that will be made EVER!!!

Amaterasu

Smash Ace

Sieg

Smash Champion
Yoshi isn't manly.

LOOK AT THOSE COLOURS.

Where's his pink and white outfit?

YOU NEED PINK AND WHITE TO BE A MAN!

Sieg

Smash Champion
Lucky Star is still pretty good lol.

Yknow though, isn't the being the most watched not a very good judge?

Meh.

Anyway.

Tristan.

Sigh. Fail. At. You.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
DragonBall, DragonBall Z, DragonBall GT <--- Best series ever!!

But why is everyone forgetting the awesomeness of Elfen Lied and Gantz? And if you want some funny **** you cant go past Desert Punk. Fan Serves? Chobits is HOT! And how about some Classic old school cheapness with TRANSFORMERS G1!!!!!!!!
But yeah i love lots of Anime. Need to Buy Cowboy Bebop still missing that. Afro Samurai was god like even without L Jackson. Hellsing Ultimate is just awesome so perfect to the manga. Death note is the new Evangalion in the fact that you just HAVE to watch it.

And it sucks that everyone hates it but Naruto (ENGLISH DUB) ****in owns and everyone needs to bow down to its awesomeness. Although i cant wait for Soul Eater in english watched the first ep in *** looks hot!

Sieg

Smash Champion
Naruto.

English Dub.

You just lost all credibility here.

Doug is more of a Gantz/Elfen Lied fan than me.

Bebop is just awesome.

With Death Note...

I watched it once, it was cool. Maybe because I like those police drama shows, idk.

But I wouldn't watch it again.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
Elfiien lied and gantz were nothing but **** and gore
Gantz yes (but its like Saw/Matrix/Starship Troopers. 3 of my fav movies ever mixed together)

But Elfen lied was **** and Gore but you dont even notice it. the story sucks you in right to the end. Its more a love story then anything. Seriously i made fun of the homeless girl for living in a cardboard box. The i almost cryed when i found out what happened to her. The series for 13 episodes has so much character development its not funny. You feel so close to all of them by the end it really hits you.... Thats how i feel anyway

Sieg

Smash Champion
I HAVVVEEE VEEECCCCTOOOOORRRRSSSS

I KILLLLLLELEEEEEDD YOOOOUUUUURRRR PAAAARRREEEENNNNNNTTTTTTSSSSSS

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Also Mind**** sucks.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
i Havvveee Veeecccctooooorrrrssss

I Killlllleleeeeedd Yoooouuuuurrrr Paaaarrreeeennnnnnttttttssssss

Looooooooooooooovvvvveeeeeeeeeee Meeeeeeeeeeeee!

Also Mind**** Sucks.
Dont Make Fun Of The Awesomeness!

Sieg

Smash Champion
Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddddd Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!

Sieg

Smash Champion
Seriously though, **** and gore lol.

And mind**** still sucks.

Why would I watch something that is supposed to entertain so I can read the underlying messages.

No Evangelion. I laughed at you.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
Seriously though, **** and gore lol.

And mind**** still sucks.

Why would I watch something that is supposed to entertain so I can read the underlying messages.

No Evangelion. I laughed at you.
coz it was already mentioned. Im a pretty big Eva fan. I even got my Disk 1 signed by Spike Spencor (he is my fav voice actor) and i spent $80 on the *** special edition no subtitles of Evangelion you are (not) alone just so i could get the uber rare flim clipping. Eva is godly!!!!!!!!!!

Sieg

Smash Champion
Meh, I don't see why it's so godly.

I watched it, I liked it for a while, but then I got over it.

It's like those trading card games you spend all your money on then never play again.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Holy god of lame.
QLD = Spam.

FLCL is great, first time, yeah, same as Antho, I thought it was just... random+awesome together, but if you watch it again you notice a lot more holiness inside it that's quite RIVETING (god I hate that word). Also it's one of the best animated ones as well.

Dude, wtf is with all this ****. Let me just re-read ALL of this crud.

Ok... Gurren Lagann in awesome, except for episode 3, or 5, fail.

FMP is great too, along with Fumoffu. I'm not really one for Mecha/Infantry sorta... things but I till enjoyed them.

Wtf is Diebuster it sounds gay.

Soul Eater is pretty neat, sexy fight scenes but I don't really like the characters.

Night Shift Nurses is wonderfully imaginative. Definitely worth watching. Deep and meaningful.

Evangelion is sexy.

FMA is alright, I like the idea, but the anime is slightly lame.

DBZ, well, yeah.

Haruhi is AWESOME! Man, I don't see why people don't like it. And Skittles makes it better. c:

I'm pretty sure if the 'world' loves something it must be liked 'by the majority' which usually means 'more than likely' people will like it. c:

Azumanga is made of strange, good, though.

Lucky Star is... good in some parts, mainly boring.

Bleach - Gay, same as Naruto. Don't like them, dunno why, story is ****, characters are irritating. It's so mainstream that it's gross.

Hellsing, though, is good. c: Well, sort of. More than Bleach/Naruto.

Death Note, GOD YES. GOD. YES. WATCH IT, F*CK.

Elfen Lied was... lame. Fail gore and fail ****. It was crud, I didn't like it at all. Vectors were kool, though, if ridiculously broken.

GANTZ? F*CK. I HATE IT. JESUS GOD. So much, I hate it, so much. The characters are... oh my god... so... irrIIRIRIRIRITATING!!! Argh. Worst anime I ever saw, couldn't watch past episode 5 it was so horrible. To me, anyway, so... stupid.

Desert Punk? It's not that funny, but it's good, though.

Chobits? I dunno why but I watched all of it. Main character was a douche, Chi was neat though. I thought it was good, just the main character was gay.

Cowboy Bebop yyyaaayyy!! <33 Hott.

Afro Samurai lol, it's good even though it's so short. L. Jackson, lol, snakes, plane, lol, peepee v@gina.

What the heck Evangelion was horribly engrossing. The screaming and emo-ness of it was so satisfying to watch. And the ending episode was so DISGUSTINGLY CR@P that it made the movie ending 100x better. I found it severely staining to my head. It's pretty gorey if you look at it that way. Pretty creepy, how they get smarter, the Angels, etc, saying that Angels are bad always gets my attention. So creepy and freaky and mind twisting. I loved it. :D

I don't get it but most (most, not all, don't get hurt) people that say the really crazy anime as 'meh' are those that like the ones that only have action and not much in the way of story or development or something.
I remember reading this person's post and he/she said:
"I hate Death Note and FLCL and all that 'mainstream' stuff! But I really like this homosexual anime that I forgot what it's called because I HATE IT SO MUCH."

Boogie Pop is lame, too.

Paranoia Agent I have not seen but it's supposed to be good.

You guys should watch Ghost Hunt and Ghost Hound. Ghost Hound is REALLY kool, as is Ghost in the Shell. Love them. c: Ghost Hunt is actually quite 'scary' for an anime (as opposed to gross/frightening). But it gets a little gay around the end, and it's slightly repetitive.

Ghost Hound.
Ghost Hunt.
Ghost in the Shell.
<3 (Ghost lol)

POST IS LONG. Might as well make it longer. What are the anime I remember/have watched (that I haven't already mentioned)...
Let's see:

Air Master (!!)
Nabari no Ou (!!)
Shion no Ou (!)
Special A
Madlax
Scrapped Princess
Read or Die (!!!)
Romeo X Juliet (I dunno, I thought it was neat, I like the outfits <3 and I like Romeo and Juliet lol)
Tsubasa Chronicle (!)
Card Captor Sakura (!!!!!! <333)
Vampire Night
xxxHOLiC (!!)
Zombie Loan
xam'D (? is that how it's spelt?)
Trigun
School Rumble
RahXephon (!)
Kamisama Kazoku (!)

And a 'lot' more... but those are only some of the ones that I'm either watching or stick in my head.

Yay Anime Post of Longevity. C:

Edit:

Now that I mention it... I haven't seen anime in forever.

Yakitate Japan lol (so cr@p but so awesome).

OH MY GOD.
EVERYONE MUST WATCH AVATAR!!!!

AVVVAAATTAAARR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MaCa

Smash Cadet
evangelion is overrated.

cowboy bebop is pro.

afro samurai and champloo boasts the best artwork.

EDIT: Then again anime quality is just **** in general; a massive pile of cheap but effective techniques all linked together. Much rather appreciate Western product.

We getting back onto smash, yet? :)

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Michael, people enjoy different genre's for different reasons.

Take horror for example. When you think about it, it hardly seems like a genre anybody could like at all, and yet, it's a fact that it's quite a popular genre. We play FPS games, despite the subject matter being brutal and meaningless at times (CS?)

I quite enjoyed reading Charlotte Bronte's 'Jane Eyre' despite the book being a 500 page text involving a woman whining about herself and her situation for the majority of it. My favourite book is Catcher in the Rye, and yet all it is, is a book about a 15 year old boy that hates everyone he meets.

It's just a stubborness that everyone has.

I, for one, can't really enjoy say, a Yaoi storyline for obvious reasons.
But instead of condemning it and saying 'IT SUUUUUUUUUUUCKS', I'll recognise that it has a fan base, and recognise why. In Legal Drug's case for example, it was written by CLAMP, and has an enjoyable CLAMPesque storyline that I'd probably like if it weren't for the genre.

I completely understand how somebody could dislike Evangelion. It's not an anime for everyone. It's not an anime that I'd go to just anybody and say 'Hey let's go watch some Eva'. But at the same time, you also have to recognise why somebody could worship Eva, and the only way to do that is to be unbiased, and to appreciate the obvious qualities.

Eva is, one of the greatest sources of Freudian theorhetical symbolism, and general advanced literature theory. For me, Evangelion has an incredible depth of storyline, plot and character development, which is something I look for in anime. I like an anime that makes me think, that makes me recognise the symbolism, the contextual underpinnings, metaphor. Not to say that's the only kind of anime I like. I enjoyed Azumanga Daioh, and I enjoy lots of different genres.

I just don't appreciate feeling as though my opinion on my favorite anime is invalid just because you think it 'SUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS'

undead_moose

Smash Lord
RahXephon is hot liked it more then eva

Champloo is good

soul eater good but seen most of it so now its boring

Hellsing = godlike

Cowboy bebop = MO MO MO MO MONSTER KILL which means awesomoe

i want to watch black cat after reading all that is out atm but cbf to find it

OH

XXXHOLIC = <33333333333333333333333333333333333

I want to read legal drug but am unable to find atm

might download ghost hunt because its supposed scaryness

Also paranoia agent is good i also liked it better then eva

Paff

Smash Journeyman
Apparently everyone is forgetting Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (except maybe Kas, dunno if you're talking about it or the crappy movies).

Also, anyone who thinks Azumanga Daioh is weird is weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom