• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

| Queensland Smash Meets | Meet @ Bob's house this weekend |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sieg

Smash Champion
"one of the greatest sources of Freudian theorhetical symbolism, and general advanced literature theory. For me, Evangelion has an incredible depth of storyline, plot and character development"

This is why I stopped watching it.

You couldn't just watch it and go "Wow! That looks awesome!" or "Man this **** is ****ed up" etc.

I'd reply to Kas, but it's too much effort lol. Stop taking the time to read everything goooooooorrd.

Maybe later.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
See exactly. Not for everyone. Only for people who are impressed by that kind of quality.

It's like anything really. A yacht could be incredibly well made and detailed, but it wouldn't impress me, because that's not my kind of boat. I recognise that its incredible craftsmanship, materials and what not, but if I don't like that kind of boat, I'm not going to be swayed by it that much.

Sieg

Smash Champion
But I did watch it.

And I did like it.

Until I couldn't talk about it because I had to be studying Super English just to look at it again.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I read wolf flower and didn't like it.

It doesn't change the point I'm making.

What you said reinforces it.

Point is, I'm validating what you're saying.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
That rabbit and the magician?
Yes I concur that it was legendary.

EDIT: I would still like some help making a flyer or poster inquiring about Wombat smashers, so if anyone has the skillz let me know. :036:

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
If it's this weekend I won't be able to make it up. The following weekends I will be able to though.
Whats cheaper? Bus or drive to the train station?

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Helensvale has a Train station yer?

Also: what would the time frame be like? travel time....

Dedu

Smash Lord
Sorry had to talk about anime here...

EVA is def the best there is in anime.
Soo many plot twists and WTFs all the way till the end.

Rei is many bodies but one soul WThe **** was daaat?!? *creepy*
Rei becoming the Lilith Eva WTF??
Shinji strangling Asuka WTF?!?

Kaoru was teh best character there was in EVA
Shame he had to go after two Episodes.
He was definitely the best 'WTF? yay! <3 <3 <3' character I had ever seen in any anime/manga.

Wish they showed more of him...

Lately I'm reading Desu Noto. That is a fcukin epic manga I have read so far. L and Raito are just awesome.

Yokai

Smash Ace
The new title makes it sound like qld is preparing to get on its rags.

anyway, in smash related discussion, what venues can we see in bris??

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
i think im pretty much gonna go with Fortitude Valley PCYC. Its good size cheapish and is easy for train station for out of town guys. Also parking on site is for 2 hours (plenty of time to unload all your ****) then there is another car park which is 3 mins walk away and another 5 mins walk away. Is everyone ok with this?

And Antho i hear you all the way with EVA and Anime in general that make you look beyond the surface to really see whats going on. Again like you thats not to say i like something that shallow as all hell DBZ is my fav anime ever so go figure. But something that makes you think is just ****in awesome. And feeling WTF after it and researching it and reading everyones point of view on WTF just happen is way awesome for me

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
i would go to this monthly tournament but i can only go to gold coast area
brisbane would be too far for me :( also i could meet the players i previewly vsed at the last touney :p
even tho i was the youngest there o.O

Sirias

Smash Champion
Fruits Basket! Holy GOD I loved that! It was one of the FIRST anime I ever watched (as in, Japanese with English subtitles (downloaded etc not available in non-english or w/e)). Fruits Basket and Samurai Champloo. How awesome. Champloo is so hott...
I'm weird. I only like things when I think I'm the only one that knows/has seen/read/heard it, but when I know others have I don't like it anymore, or, not as much. :c

Catcher in the Rye, hahah, that 'is' a good book. c: You should read Mo Hayder's stuff, Anthony, she's really good at Horror. Try Pig Island or Tokyo.
Also you should watch David Lynche's movies. Like Molhulland (Mulholland... Mulhulland) Drive or Eraser Head. Crazy.

What is that Bunny Cartoon? Me and my brother tried something, when it ended we decided to go: "Well, that was an awesome movie! Definately got my money's worth." And see who else moved. But no one did. :C

And nah, I meant GitS:SAC, it's hott... SSS is kool too, though. c: Movies are pretty bad... =/
Azumanga is weird, in a good... and bad weird way.

Lol to Michael, it only takes a couple of minutes to read everything, and about 10 minutes to reply to it all. So it's not that time-consuming.
And lol you don't have to know/read "Super English" to be able to talk about EVA, it just depends on how you want to look at it. If you WANT to go in depth about it, like Anthony is, then feel free. But as I think he was trying to point out, people can like things in their own way/s. I like EVA for both it's awesome-ness and crazy-ness along with its symbolism and depth (vague much?). And lol, wait, what was it...--- "general advanced literature theory". XD Fair enough.

I didn't say the animation was bad I just said the name sucks. Gunbuster sounds better. Diebuster sounds ********. Mega gay.

Lol, Dedu. :D Kaoru makes me ****. <3 Yaoi pro hoT HOTTHOTTT!
Oh, on the topic of Yaoi, lol, LOL to Yaoi. At least Yuri has a bit more STORY and LOVE to it... Yaoi, from what I've seen/read, is so horribly fail that the only reason I would watch it is to HATE it even more. It's basically: "Omg love at first sight now let's bang.". And then they do. Yuri is like: "I'VE KNOWN YOU FOR SO LONG AND I LOVE YOU!! LET'S GET MARRIED!" At least from what I've seen/read.
And with all that being said, I think 'STRAIGHT' is the best. Who likes Yuri anyway...? Asian boys? =/ I know asian girls like Yaoi but that's about it.

Lol, Booker, if you're into that sorta stuff, you should read/watch what I suggested to Anthony. Mo Hayder - Pig Island or Tokyo. David Lynch - Mulholland Drive or Eraser Head. And I think Ghost Hound is pretty insane, you should try that too. c:

Ergo Proxy, you should try that out as well. Animation is pretty slick too. <3 Gankutsuou is strange. Higurashi no Naku as I mentioned before is mental. Monster is neat-o.
OH MY GOD! MUSHI-SHI!!! <333 I love that one. :D Should watch it.

Air.
You should ALL watch that.
Air!
Saddest anime in history.

The Girl who Leaped Through Time.
Byousoku 5 CM.
Those two movies are pretty neat.

OK that's enough from me. c:

Sieg

Smash Champion
I saw something really sad once. I think it was Miyazaki but I can't remember.

So after watching Diebuster, I can conclude. That it is godlike.

****ing most epic anime I have seen to date. EPIC!

The point I was trying to make Kas, was that. When I first got into anime, the first ever series I watched was Eva. I don't know if that's good or bad lol. Anyway, I got Antho into eventually so I could actually have someone to talk with about anime. And then he went all super deep. Then it just kind of ruined it for me.

Idk.

Scrubs

Smash Lord
i think im pretty much gonna go with Fortitude Valley PCYC. Its good size cheapish and is easy for train station for out of town guys. Also parking on site is for 2 hours (plenty of time to unload all your ****) then there is another car park which is 3 mins walk away and another 5 mins walk away. Is everyone ok with this?

And Antho i hear you all the way with EVA and Anime in general that make you look beyond the surface to really see whats going on. Again like you thats not to say i like something that shallow as all hell DBZ is my fav anime ever so go figure. But something that makes you think is just ****in awesome. And feeling WTF after it and researching it and reading everyones point of view on WTF just happen is way awesome for me
The PCYC is good....

However....

There is a time issue, it is only open till 5 and from memory sometimes until 3.

This means no Melee :(

So if people could keep an eye out for other venues that would be cool

Oh yeah and I probably shouldn't be in Ward on the main page....

I have tech running through my veins

Hayzeus

Smash Cadet
FALCON ONLY!!!!! **** THAT...
Oh wait melee.

I'm in.

EDIT: Back onto anime. List all the anime I have * next to the ones that i have watched. % next to the ones that i am watching.

Azumanga diaoh *
Berserk
Black Lagoon
Claymore*
Code Geass R2*
Death note* (Watched twice)
Devil may cry*
Ergo Proxy*
GunSword* (HOLY MOTHER OF GOD... it was ****)
Initial D*
Invader Zim* (wow not an anime but awesome)
Love Hina*
Lucky Star*
Haruhi************(YES!!!)
Minami-ke
Naruto*
Naruto shippuuden%
Pale cocoon
Paranoia Agent%(starting to watch)
RahXephon
Scryed*
Trinity Blood*

Well yeah. Thats all i got atm, BUT---- Theres a guy at the lan i goes to that has 1.6tb of different anime's
I've only got 1.5tb total storage so i cant leech all :p.

Any I should look out for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom