• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

| Queensland Smash Meets | Meet @ Bob's house this weekend |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirias

Smash Champion
@ Ben - FINALLY, even though you're basically the only TECH player these days...
A one man army is hott.

@ Michael - Ohh, I see... Well fair enough, first anime I ever saw was Fruits Basket + Champloo and thankfully there's not 'too' much meanings behind them... elsewise I might have SUCCUMBED to what Antho did to you. Lol. Suc. ***. Hott.

@ Hayzeus - Black Lagoon is pretty neat. Claymore... I don't know why I watched it but I did, pretty kool, I like Teresa the most... everyone else fails in godlikeness. Zim is hott!!! HOT!!!T!T!!! Minami-ke... lame. Pale Cocoon was alright, a bit boring, but slightly intriguing - it reminds me of Breath of Fire V. Scryed was gay. Trinity Blood was alright. And as I mentioned, about 50 other anime titles, but I don't remember them anymore. :D

@ Max - Azumanga was awesome, it was funny and NOT boring, Lucky Star got boring.

@ Toki - o: I didn't see you join in at all, howdy. :D How old are you? Where do you live? Can I come see you sometime? Maybe we could get together for a fun day, sit under the stars by the beach and listen to the waves lap at our feet? I'd love that, truly, I would. <3

@ Maca - Yes. Yes we should have a tournament at the Valley. And then afterwards we should all go clubbing. c: Or to a strip club. Awesome. In groups of 4, though, only.

@ Zac - SHADDA***AP FFFAAACK!!!

@ Cao - Yay Melee~ <3

Edit:

Wait a sec, is there any meet on this weekend, or is it next weekend?
Lol, monthlies in planning? Yes, Antho, totally. Look at all this talk of monthlies. =/
Change the title to:

:: QLD Thread - Now with 'EXCESS LUBE'! :: Or something, be creative, you're a writer, aren't you? c:
Oh and to you again, Michael. If you have 8 and 9 I think I might indeed give you Grandia for them.
Or alternatively... just... copy it to a USB and give you the USB + ePSXe so you can play it on the computer.
SEEING as I don't have the DISC, lul, and I would burn it to a disc, but... Hmm... well again, cbf.

Sieg

Smash Champion
@ Kas - I liked the artwork for Scryed. I haven't seen the anime, but from the manga, I thought it was a pretty good series.

Also I GET YOUR SUC *** JOKE LOL.

Best scene in Lucky Star was the ID rip off. Pure Genius.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Was writing a post about something and then noticed.. AMV HELL DIVIDE BY 0 HAS BEEN RELEASED!!!!!! NOW WITH STAB WOUND FCKING, MUFF SLAPPING, INCESTUOUS HOMOSEXUAL INTERCOURSE AND HOW MUCH HORSE SEMEN CAN FIT INTO A WOMENS AHOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sirias

Smash Champion
How weird that I come on as soon as Zac posts that.
Sexy.

Scryed was alright, but... at the same time not. :D

I want to watch these two animessesses but I can't find theeemmm...
It's like... aurugh, Martial Artsy ones, but I can't remember them.
One with Girls in the title and another... with a guy who wears a purple singlet and has crazy yellow hair.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
So tell me what meets are happening this weekend (Or otherwise are in planning) and I'll add them to the first post.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
At the moment, b00ker is taking up the role of BrisMonthly Organizing. However, I'm sure that he would really appreciate help in that regard. Especially from people who live inside Brisbane city.

Once b00ker decides on a date, we'll need somebody to put down a 20% deposit on the room, and seeing as he lives in Redcliffe, I'd say it's a pain in the *** for him.

If you're interested in helping out MaCa, just let me know. I can organise running events and such on the day, but it's the venue hiring side of things that I need somebody Brisbane based to take charge with.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
Ill put down all the money and organize the venues. But since scrubs has brought to my attention that its only open to 5. (i still need to confirm this) If this is the case some other venue ideas would be a great help. Payment and everything is not an issue on my part (plus i work in the Valley so im there everyday)

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
No it's true. 9-5 is the most we can get there.

My proposal is, that we run these monthly meets with a shorter time frame in mind, rather than letting it run all night as well.

9am - 5pm meets is more than enough time to do 2 events.

So, Brawl Singles will always remain staple, but we could alternate between Brawl Doubles and Melee Singles for the second event (And Melee doubles I guess).

It also means a reduced price overall in the end.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
well thats fine if everyone is happy with that? And well since Brisbane is the TECH territory i think it would only be fitting that we have the Melee match ups in Brisbane. Again Syke Scrubs Kas and all you other brisbaneites thoughts? Will you all come?

Scrubs

Smash Lord
We could do

Brawl Singles, Brawl Doubles @ Gold Coast

Brawl Singles, Melee Singles, Melee Doubles @ Brisbane

Melee doesn't take as much time as brawl

I will also announce

Weekly meets at my house

Tuesdays

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Please please put it back one weekend.
There's a good chance I'm needed to work that weekend. A rarity.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
Please please put it back one weekend.
There's a good chance I'm needed to work that weekend. A rarity.
The 25/26th?

lawls i read scrubs wrong. yes scrubs is right we do that Brawl Singles and Melee Singles and Doubles

Kust0m

Smash Cadet
Zomg Kustom Std 2

SATURDAY 15TH TO SUNDAY 16TH OF NOVEMBER
These dates are OFFICIAL

Arrival Time: Between 10 and 11.00am

******* GETTING TO MY PLACE: MAP *******​

If anyone else can bring a TV & a Wii - let me know. Please add me on msn: kust0m_@hotmail.com

My Mobile is: 0406 890 190

or contact BoOkeR:
Mobile: 0405305715
Email: l3ooker_@hotmail.com

NEED ABOUT 2 MORE TV'S

Confirmed Attendees (Bringing Equipment):
- Kust0m (2 TV's, 1 Wii, 1 Brawl)
- BoOkeR (1 TV, 1 Wii, 1 Brawl)
- Vyse (1 TV, 1 Wii, 1 Brawl)
- Scrubs
- Rune
- Darkwing SykeDuk
- Lachlan
- Paff (Wii, Brawl)
- Maca (Wii, Brawl)
- Arrow (tentative)
- Sieg
- Kickflip (TV, Wii, Brawl)
- Zeph (TV)
- Brad
- Ryan
- Bob?
- Carlos

We'll be looking at doing a mini tournament type thing. Vyse was kind enough to do up a rough time table:

Redcliffe II Time Table:

10am to 3pm: Friendlies
3pm to 5pm: Brawl Doubles
5pm to 7pm: Dinner Break
7pm to 9pm: Brawl Singles
9pm to 11pm: Draft Crew Battle/Round Robin
11pm to 1am: Melee Singles
1am onwards: Friendlies, NO SLEEP

BALLS OF STEEL

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I'm about to put a link to your post there in the first post for easy reference
<3

EDIT:
Done!

EDIT2:
Also, I added MaCa's meet.

Hayzeus

Smash Cadet
FFFFUUUUUCCCCCKKKKK

Why does everything have to be in "near" brisbane?
Y can 15 yo's drive cars?
What happened to Max?
Why don't my parents trust me taking a train?

Answers NOW!!!

Sirias

Smash Champion
I can make it to your meet, Kustom/Booker, and obviously to all of Ben's, but I'll only go every now and thne. Maybe you should make it bi-weeklies, Ben, as opposed to every week, unless of course you want QLD to become mega good. Lorl.

Lol, so Brisbane will be the Melee type and GC will be the Brawlers? Or at least Brisbane will be less inclined to do Brawl Teams, lol. Unless of course we happen to make it to every GC meet. Or is this talking about tournaments. I'm confusing myself now, OH WELL.

Where did MaCa say he was gonna host?

Actually now that I think about it, Kustom/Booker, one of my friends might be up here on the day... He's into Brawl a 'little' bit but he's not anywhere near trying to become good at it, he's just a play-around sort of person. So if he is here I might come, but I don't think I'd want to stay too long. ... Well I don't think it would matter, if we get bored of it we could go to your playground and play around there. :D Or play other games. Or something. ... So with all that pointless ****e being said, I'll be coming anyway. =/

Don't ask why I alternate between : and = for eyes.
I.E - :D and =] and :C and =/

Edit:

Agreed with Zac and Ben as well - no Brawl for Brisbane, lolol. Or Teams anyway. Zac let's play Melee again, last time I played you I was mega crap, I decided to play it for a little while yesterday and got some TECH SKILL back, yay? =/ Lol, yay.

Hayzeus... Lol to parents. I don't get why parents are like that. What are they afraid of? You... being run over by it, being arrested, mugged, etc? All that can happen with cars as well, lorl, or buses, etc. My parents wouldn't give a crap if I got run over, they'd just blame me for being an idiot and laugh at me. :C
Also you 'can' drive cars when you're younger, but getting your licence at 15 is pretty normal to me. Max is a lurker these days, probably busy with work/school. And everything's near Brisbane because Brisbane is better than everywhere else, so... c:

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
Lol, so Brisbane will be the Melee type and GC will be the Brawlers? Or at least Brisbane will be less inclined to do Brawl Teams, lol. Unless of course we happen to make it to every GC meet. Or is this talking about tournaments. I'm confusing myself now, OH WELL.
:
Tournaments.. not for cash or anything just ranking really and getting smash out there on a consistent bases. The Idea for holding a bi-monthly in brisbane is so all the Sunshine coast/Brisbane guys dont have to travel to the gold coast ever month. And now if it all goes to plan we can get Melee a bit more out there(Vyse you said at chris's you would teach me melee im holding you to that)

Scrubs

Smash Lord
Well I will make it weekly because not everyone is available every tuesday...

Of course I might be busy so I will let everyone know if its not on

Paff

Smash Journeyman
I'll try to make it to the Redcliffe meet, and I'll try to bring my Wii and Brawl.

@Scrubs: If "Anytime on tuesdays" extends into the evening, I'll come. However, I'll need to know how to get to your house.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
444 Bus from the City and get off 3rd stop after Indro shops. It's about a 30 second walk from there lolz. Past a Shell servo, under a highway bridge, the stop is right next to a oval about 30m past some lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom