• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

| Queensland Smash Meets | Meet @ Bob's house this weekend |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sieg

Smash Champion
^.

I'm lazy.

Meh.

ZOMG 6/6 AGAIN HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA.

Incase you didn't get my text.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer

Sieg

Smash Champion
Lol, my Yoko is the only one that wasn't taken.

If you want, I can bring Arcana Heart/XI

Scrubs

Smash Lord
2D fighitng games FTL

I'd vote for moving Port Town to counter...

If you actually play on it a few times you shouldn't get killed by the cars

ACCELERATE

Smash Lord
Neutral

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Pokémon Stadium 1
Lylat Cruise

Just because you Put PK stadium 2 in does't mean you need to take another stage out.

Counter
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Brinstar
Corneria
Distant Planet
Frigate Orpheon
Green Hill Zone
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Rainbow Cruise
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
Bridge of Eldin
Shadow Moses

It has already been argeed by a majority of smashboards that without these 2 stages it gives metaknight players(no chris hate honest) top 3 at least. Why it may seem unfair to some it really evens the game out in a metaknight dominated game and therfore is a must.

There is nothing wrong with walkoff stages whether their comfortable or not. Learn to play them or dont play.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
not just that accel <3, the starter stages are so biased that top tiers will take out the set regardless, since whoever wins on the first stage wins the set on the final counterpick.

first match on random = top tier win (based off the starter stage list)
second match (challenger CP) = probable challenger win
final match (top tier CP) = probable top tier win

having more stages will not change anything unless they become a meaningful part of the set.

this is the exact reason why there's something like an odd-28-ish stages set to random select in vic. depending on how you look at it, its arguably a stupid ruleset fit for an agruably stupid game. Or vice versa, whatever floats your boat. I like bralw.

So, get me?? don't follow SBR rules, they created the controversy we all see before us; let's be smarter and design something sustainable for our own community, because at the end of the day, we'll be the ones more satisfied with brawl's era

Sieg

Smash Champion
Cao's bringing down walls.

Imo if we change the stage list, I don't see why Mk would get banned.

Paff

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: Didn't see CAOTIC's post. And I don't have any strong opinions of the idea yet. However, if we are going to mostly base things off of the SBR stage list, my thoughts below still hold:

I'll throw my support in again for Port Town Aero Dive being counterpick, again with the proviso that people aren't worried about it hosing Olimar too badly.

Regarding Shadow Moses and Bridge of Eldin: If the only reason the SBR banned these stages was due to Dedede's chaingrab, and the chaingrab is banned, I suppose it makes sense to reconsider them, perhaps with a Meta Knight rule where they can only be chosen as counterpicks for Meta Knight. However, Bridge of Eldin was apparently banned for taking too long to play matches on, which I presume would still be a problem even if one player were using Meta Knight.

Sieg

Smash Champion
I can see it happening.

But I can see more of the who can kill the other person by knocking him off the screen happening over camp offs.

That's just the way we Aussies are.

XD

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Under that logic we should just Ban Brawl. Takes too long am I rite? Eldin has been in our stage selection since day 1 and it's hardly what you'd consider bannable on the basis of time. It was a mistakingly preemptive ban, rather than one based off any real evidence

the dedede rule serves its purpose - implement that rule and suddenly SBR-banned stages become much more legitimate

Paff

Smash Journeyman
Under that logic we should just Ban Brawl. Takes too long am I rite? Eldin has been in our stage selection since day 1 and it's hardly what you'd consider bannable on the basis of time. It was a mistakingly preemptive ben, rather than one based off any real evidence

the dedede rule serves its purpose - implement that rule and suddenly SBR-banned stages become much more legitimate
Heh, k. Does the Melbourne area have its own set of recommended stages, by any chance? Or do you personally have any particular suggestions in terms of what stages should be starter, counter, or banned?

Scrubs

Smash Lord
Olimar players can just ban Aero Drive

I don't think we should have 28 neutrals however

I reckon Brinstar, Corneria, Orpheon and Halberd should move to Neutral

With the exeption of snake the top tiers don't do to well on those stages

Sirias

Smash Champion
I bet I'm poorer than you, MaCa. c:

Lol, Michael, why so much posting?

Sigh for all this talk of stages and such.
Argh, I want to contribute, but really can't right now.
Later.
Edits tba.

Paff

Smash Journeyman
Olimar players can just ban Aero Drive
Oh, right, I completely forgot about banning, heh. In that case, I definitely think Port Town Aero Dive should be counterpick.

I reckon Brinstar, Corneria, Orpheon and Halberd should move to Neutral

With the exeption of snake the top tiers don't do to well on those stages
Hmm, the only issue (obviously) is the lack of anything hosing Snake.

The Peach board seems to think Jungle Japes is a good counterpick against Snake, for Peach anyway. The ideas being the ceiling is high to hose his vertical kills, he can't give ground for camping as easily as usual, and the water negates his ridiculous vertical recovery.

I don't know how other characters fare there, but that seems to me like a pretty good case for probably moving Jungle Japes to starter, if we decide to deviate from the SBR's recommendations, and if an anti-Snake stage is needed.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Jungle Japes is a horrible stage in my opinion. Too many outside things to kill someone. Keep it banned.

It's like Icicle Mountain.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

CAO.

I knew that.

>.>

undead_moose

Smash Lord
Toooooooo baaaaaaaaad iiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttsssssssssssssssss

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
other fighting games i can bring.

PS3
Tekken 5
Virtual Fighter 5
Soul Cal 4
MK 2
Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo

PS2
MvC2
Street Fighter 2
Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Soul Cal 3
MK Armageddon
DBZ TB 3
Super DBZ

GC
Viewtiful Joe Red hot Rumble
Soul Cal 2

Xbox360
Naruto Rise of a Ninja
DOA 4

but id LOVE to play Arcana Hearts if you could bring Sieg =D

Sieg

Smash Champion
I can bring it sure, I'm just gonna have to bring the Ameri PS2 with me.

So like, you'd need to have one TV just for it, or you'd have to keep swapping lol.

It is a fun game though.

Except Nick can button mash it and somehow win.

I hate that.

EDIT: We should play some SC4 Booker.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Yeah, we need to get some good old Shingo Kick/Psycho Ball/Teleport happening.

God, why do we stop playing these games?

I didn't even like them and now after playing Smash I love them.

Also XII sprites = hot.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
I can bring it sure, I'm just gonna have to bring the Ameri PS2 with me.

So like, you'd need to have one TV just for it, or you'd have to keep swapping lol.

It is a fun game though.

Except Nick can button mash it and somehow win.

I hate that.

EDIT: We should play some SC4 Booker.
did you get your American PS2 when you went there or did you get it off the net? If so what site?

Paff

Smash Journeyman
Getting back to Smash-related things (I can't comment on other fighting cames, as I've played extremely few of them), to me, it looks like we've currently got three possible plans for stages:

1. SBR-Based:
vyse's most recent list is at this link.
ACCELERATE has proposed the following changes:
- Lylat Cruise to starter
- Bridge of Eldin to counterpick
- Shadow Moses to counterpick
Random other people have proposed the following change:
- Port Town Aero Dive to counterpick

2. Victoria-Based:
CAOTIC described it at this link. Basically having a ton of stages as starter, based off the idea that the SBR starter stages are biased towards the top-tier characters.

3. Scrubs's Idea:
Described at this link. Based on the SBR list, but with about five-ish stages added to the starters, with those added stages being ones that top-tier characters tend to do worse on. Currently-proposed added starter stages are:
- Brinstar
- Corneria
- Frigate Orpheon
- Battleship Halberd
- Jungle Japes

So I guess we've got to pick a method and hammer out its details. I'm not really sure which would be best, so I guess I'll shut up and see what other people think.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Nah, I bought a cheap *** one from Gamestop while I was over there.

You could prolly find one from Play Asia though, if you were looking for one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom