• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

| Queensland Smash Meets | Meet @ Bob's house this weekend |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Well if you want to come Michael, just save $20 each week between now and December and then you'll have enough money. (In fact, probably double).

It'll be $98 return if we buy the tickets now.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
The thread for it has the dates in the title. >.>

6th and 7th of December. We'll talk about it.

btw, no MSN for me tonight either. No internet at home atm.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Note my obvious lack of effort to move.

Or click.

I'm too busy beating Bunta on Hard Mode.

Scrubs

Smash Lord
I will probably go.... If someone will team with me...

I don't think Josh will go

Oh and anthony you should put a rankings thing on the first page like Dave has done in the melb tourney thing

Sirias

Smash Champion
Ohhhhh my god. 1 day of not talking = 2 new pages to read. 100 posts. FK that. It might not take long, but seriously, no thanks, 90% is spam.

Lol to Zac, stop trying to make flame wars with Ryan.

Are all these games going to be brought to Kustom/Booker's STD? Because, seriously, if we have like 20 different games, we're not even gonna play Smash, so let's not call it an STD, lol.

Mmm... Hott.
I was going to say something but forgot.

Lots of Smash discussion going on about stages, have we come up with a 'decent' one yet, that's apparently going to be Aussie-exclusive?

Paff

Smash Journeyman
For everyone who doesn't want to read all the new stuff:

Basically vyse posted the updated list on page 31 ( link ), and so far there were no major complaints and we were discussing the possibility of implementing Scrubs's stage idea. Also on page 32 Scrubs suggested more things, not stage-related ( link ). And then lately everyone's been discussing who's going to Don't Come.

Scrubs's stage idea (modified a little by me): move Brinstar, Corneria, Frigate Orpheon, and/or Jungle Japes to starter with the idea that top-tier characters do relatively less-good on those stages, so it'd be balanced more.

It basically hinges on:
1. If everyone agrees that these stages are good for not-high-tier characters and that evening out the tiers some would be desireable.
2. If everyone agrees that they'd be acceptable as starter stages.

So far nobody's really come forward to advise either way on 1 (aside from Scrubs of course), and there'd been some movement to discuss what we all want as criteria for a starter stage in regards to 2. I'd posted my thoughts on criteria for a starter stage at this link.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Pokémon Stadium 1
Lylat Cruise
^^ Thats perfect. Id Be Happy with Jungle **** and MAYBE Corneria and Brinstar(altho lava is a pain for a starter) But NO WAY Orpheon. If your having starters that are fair for most characters. as an IC player it completely FUCCKs your recover alot of the time. And the Flip can root you in the *** as well. Counter for sure but as a starter no way.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
If there is a hungering for Smash sometime this weekend, or if someone unexpectedly hosts, let me know!

I can host if people are wanting it enough, buzz my phone, no internet as usual!
Also willing to travel.

Have a nice weekend all.

Paff

Smash Journeyman
More stage discussion stuff - I've compiled a list of opinions expressed about the proposed counter-to-starter stages, listed as votes:

Brinstar:
- 3 in favor (Scrubs, Arrow, Sieg)
- 2 not-against (Paff, Shaya)
- 1 opposed (l3oOkeR)
Corneria:
- 3 in favor (Scrubs, Arrow, Sieg)
- 1 not-against (l3oOkeR)
- 1 opposed (Shaya)
Frigate Orpheon:
- 4 in favor (Scrubs, Paff, Arrow, Sieg)
- 0 not-against
- 0 opposed
- 1 DIE IN REAL LIFE (l3oOkeR) :p
Jungle Japes:
- 3 in favor (Paff, Scrubs, l3oOkeR)
- 0 not-against
- 0 opposed

I'll update it as more opinions are expressed or changed I suppose.

@undead_moose: Heh, I'm afraid that you're much too not-female to be my type.

@Shaya: What'll we hate about Castle Siege as starter?

Sieg

Smash Champion
While I do say there prolly would be too many starters, I'm still for Frigate/Corneria and Brinstar.

There prolly has to be alot of starters to make this work anyway.

Sieg

Smash Champion
It depends on what people think about the water and the croc thingy's.

I'd prolly say... >.< It's alright.

You can get out of the water and the crocs only hit if your under the stage now, they don't jump super high like normal.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Pretty easy to avoid in that part of the stage anyway.

DDD is slow, just stay on the platforms above and it's ezymode.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Okay.

The middle bit is pretty much either a camping (i.e. about 40seconds - a minute of RUNNING AWAY) or you get killed at ridiculous percentages in ridiculous ways.

D3 - Chain Grab.
MK - Shuttle Loop (there are a BILLION ways for MK to **** you with shuttle loop here), Back Throw.
Lucas/Ness - back throw
Marth - Forward Throw to Fsmash anywhere not in the centre, LULZ.

Every other character - Statues giving delayed/elongated hitboxes which will make you CRINGE.

Also, ughh do I have to do the crew battle vid?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
@B00ker:
If you don't like a certain random select stage, we will introduce a new rule called 'Stage Cancelling'. Well, it's not a new rule, but what it is, is that when the random stage is selected, you may elect to 'cancel' the stage and have the random re-picked.

You may only 'cancel' a stage once, and that is during the first match of a set when the stage is selected randomly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom