• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

| Queensland Smash Meets | Meet @ Bob's house this weekend |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Oh my god.
You completely CUT me, Booker.
Holy god of mercy. XD
I didn't know you were going, you knob. :C You should have told me, and we could've held hands. *sob*

Lol, Ben, what the heck, I didn't know you went to Canberra. Welcome back anyway, was it good? c:
You should have taken me with you, I have to see someone there sometime.

IT'S GUY LLLOOOVVVEEE~

Twistingyou? I think he's Max's brother? Max, that guy, you know, from the Sunshine Coast. I don't know if he's any good, but I would imagine they're not really into Brawl that much.

I know, how was I supposed to know where anyone was or who was going or anything.
I did want to go, though, I spent the entire day drawing and writing and talking to my friend in Germany (for 4 hours omfg) and getting yelled at because of it and txting and playing Grandia. :D Now I'm tired and I haven't lain down for too long.
Lain...
LAIN!!!

LET'S WATCH SOME LAIN!!!

Kust0m

Smash Cadet
I like Ben.... In a toaly none gay way.

And kas i went and you didnt come =( i cryed silently. I dont think i like you anymore =(

Thanks for hosting Chris and thanks for picking us up and dropping us off at the station. Also thanks for not making fun of me. And Vyse how the **** did we not vs each other again. GET OUTS OF THE MELEE!! Good games to you Doug and Bob

there was a meet and you didn't tell me? you ***!

oh well, i spent all day playing CS:S lol :psycho:

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
What's that Kust0m?
You want to hold Redcliffe II: The World's Strongest ?
(j/k)

(DBZ movie title references ftw)

Still, I think we should setup a mass meet soon. DJ told me yesterday that he might setup a meet soon. So we'll see.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Just as a heads up, there is a very real possibility of the SBR recommending the banning of MK in tournaments. At the moment polling wouldn't suggest so, but opinions are getting swayed quite convincingly, so time will tell how things turn out

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
So I've heard.
I was at Chris' place yesterday when you put the news to him about the SBR poll.

: /

What will you do Cao?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Shaya's tier tournaments invalidates the winning power of top tiers, but has a borked implementation (time consuming). I like the system though and will use it in special tournaments :). I voted against banning MK, simply because the rulesets that are implemented here provide enough options to deal with MK for the time being (Shadow Moses/Corneria/Yoshi's Island Melee/Eldin)

But if it becomes convention to ban MK, it'll inevitably put pressure on us to do the same.

Italy isn't so stupid after all

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Yoshi's Island Melee and Corneria are more than enough to deal with him. Of course Eldin and Moses are controversial, but either way there are enough counter picks to deal with him.

Just a random idea, maybe certain stages may be unbanned should one person choose Metaknight. In the same way certain stages become banned because of Dedede.

Kust0m

Smash Cadet
What's that Kust0m?
You want to hold Redcliffe II: The World's Strongest ?
(j/k)

(DBZ movie title references ftw)

Still, I think we should setup a mass meet soon. DJ told me yesterday that he might setup a meet soon. So we'll see.
:laugh:

I'd be happy to host another meet if people were up for it.

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
I'm always up for meets =D
And I'm starting to use MK less and less now over all this antics about MK - but it's all good, yoshi for top teir =D
Yoshi crewwwwww

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
It's always good to have a variety of characters to use anyway. Seeing so many MK's at QBB was a little upsetting. I swear I was the only bottom-tier bloke there. Wait... I did see a Ganon.
How is this meet organisation going anyway? :036:

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Well, to be perfectly honest Kust0m. Your meet last time in Redcliffe was top tier. Easily one of the most memorable meets for me ever. The way you guys set up the place was awesome.

If you want to host another meet, just let me know and I'll add it to the first post. That goes for anybody else. I intend to make this thread the meeting place for all things smash in QLD.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Lain is mind****ingly good.

Kas give me Grandia. Or burn it for me.

Moses doesn't seem like that much of a bad stage. The only real bad thing I see is knocking down the towers. Atleast it has towers, Eldin has NOTHING.

Although Moses would make Snake just godly.

HOST MEET ON SSATURDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Kgo.

Also Melee.

<3

ACCELERATE

Smash Lord
Whats that nick? You want to host on saturday!?! Well i dont think we should come to yours agai... OH you insist do you? Well i guess that settles it. Smash Meet at Nicks this weekend. Come one Come All!

Sirias

Smash Champion
LOL! Just wrote a massive post about MK and then I realised that I hate MK so why am I trying to protect him.
BAN MK. D:<
No but rly we don't have to make 'that' much of a statement of being different if everyone else is doing it.
Plus I like Italy, so I say we be like Italy and ban. <3 Europe.
Also everyone's saying let's ban MK so... we haven't really changed our opinion, lulul.

Yes yes, host this weekend Nick.
Wait... ****e I think I was doing something this weekend. WHAT WAS IT, crap. Oh, just City... so I can still come. And I'll have a Gloomy Bear. C:

Michael I cbf burning it. XD
Just download it omg.
Alundra and Saga Frontier. O: What else... gotta get FF 8 and 9. Hmmmm and that's it so fffaaarrr...
I'm not even up to Guido's part yet and I've been playing it for 30 hours, ffs! D:< I just want to get to Alent and then be happy.

Oh by the way, Booker, Lain is pretty... crazy, it's good, though, well the first episode was pretty strange, that's all I saw.
HOWEVER the reference to: "LET'S WATCH SOME LAIN!!!" is between me and Zac. c:

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
-I find it odd that the people who have vsed MK the most don't want him banned, and the ppl who don't play smash or vs MK want him banned so much
-ANd if Nick doesn't wanna host, don't force him to

Sieg

Smash Champion
Kas.

FAIIIILLLLLLL at Grandia.

I cbf downloading it. I have 8 and 9 though. Lol.

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.

Trade me.

Also is original Alundra or 2?

I've only played 2.

When I first watched Lain I was like in Grade 8 >.<

Maybe that's why I didn't get it then. It was so random and ****ed up lol, even more than Evangelion.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I'm open to stage bans/unbans
Mostly unbans at this point.

I think we need more stages that can help vs. Metaknight.

Paff

Smash Journeyman
When I first watched Lain I was like in Grade 8 >.<

Maybe that's why I didn't get it then. It was so random and ****ed up lol, even more than Evangelion.
No, Lain just pretty much doesn't actually make sense. Or at least you'd have to watch it several times in a row to figure it out. And take notes while you did so.

Also, Australia should ban everyone except Captain Falcon. They'd all laugh at first, but they'd soon come to acknowledge Australia as the manliest country on the planet.

(More seriously, in terms of banning Meta Knight: it seems to me that it'd be best to wait and see what the SBR comes up with - I'm sure they have access to a much wider base of people playing with and against him than anyone here. Although Meta Knight-specific stage unbanning might be fine.)

Sieg

Smash Champion
I agree with the above post and it's desicion on maliness.

ALL HAIL FALCON.

Imo this calls for an all Falcon tourney.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
Kustom you *** you said you where busy sunday so thats why i didnt ask plus you would of been all RAWR! 2 HOURS ON A TRAIN TO ROBINA! But Yes when are we hosting again trent? Not this weekend maybe next when im off... we will have to carry the heavy TV again.. we might need gloves stupid thing.

In Terms of Banning Metaknight? LAWLS at the gayness of that seriously thats like Banning Ryu from Street fighter Or Eddie from Tekken 3 Daigo from using his Parry in 3rd Strike, Metaknight is the best character in the game in the right players hands. If you cant beat him then your not good enough GET ****ING BETTER AND WIN!

On an Anime Note

And Is Lane like Paranoia Agent or Paprika in terms of ****ing mind blowing? If so i might be in its only like $55 from JB. Also my g/f keeps saying no but is FLCL really worth it? Everyone seems to talk it up and after talking to Aaron im pretty close to getting it

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
FLCL is really good if you can take the time to understand all of the theorhetical underpinnings. First time I watched it, I just thought it was a cool, zany anime. Second time I watched, I was blown away by how incredibly deep the metaphorical symbolism was, and how much they are able to pack into just 6 episodes.

I reccomend it. The only downer being that they're making you pay a fair bit for just 6 episodes.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Don't get Antho started on the undermeanings of anime.

He can go for hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom