• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

| Queensland Smash Meets | Meet @ Bob's house this weekend |

Status
Not open for further replies.

undead_moose

Smash Lord
2 days

one in ***
one in english

same **** differnt moonspeak

bla bla bla vs capcom will not be epic

it will fail because no doubt it will be a card game or something and you know it

All of those games ARE CASUAL

hardcore casual! yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah no

Sirias

Smash Champion
Lol.
"Tournaments with cash prizes 'deter people'."
Why didn't you say that to what I said, only when Cao says it. XD Still I find it valid considering Dave's got much more experience than I do. Although I suppose you did, since you said we'd only be competing for competition's sake, and not for money. <3 Wubz.

I think the old games are always good when they're re-made. I like remakes. I like playing games over and over, since I'm easily entertained, and have a bad memory, so I forget everything, play it again, omg new experience, etc.
Valkyrie Profile? o: Awesome, gonna get that.
Rather, download, lulul. R4 for godly win.

$100 is a lot to someone that doesn't have a job/want to pay for a venue when they don't even wanna play the game anymore, lol.

I never knew you were a 'hardcore' gamer, Nick. What do you mean by 'casual' anyway? I'm sure all of those games will be fun, if you don't wanna play them you don't have to say it will be **** or anything, talk about something else, lol, like how the cow tried to eat you. c:

Anthony if this is going to be the new thread make the title a bit more presentable as well as the first post. d:

MK isn't a 'noob' character, like Sheik, MK needs a bit of skill to use. My friend obviously made that apparent when he came down. I never knew how blind people were but apparently: "No way he (MK) sucks!" And then of course I own him. And his back-up statement is: "Well he's good if you know how to use him." Which applies to everyone. Sonic on the other hand has gay moves. :D Which are of course easily countered but you have to know how to as well, etc.
As Dave, and everyone in the world will say, knowledge is power, so if you're a newbie you'll choose your favourite character (omg Sonic hott) and since he's fast he's fun (like Fox, knobs think Fox is good because he's quick). ETC knobs are dumb and don't know anything, leave it at that.

I feel like I could rant about how much I hate prejudice right about now. d:
Which is funny because I come off like that, I make it look like I know what I'm talking about but I really don't, and I hate it when people do that. :D I'm so kul bra.

Also 30 parking spaces is quite a lot if you have 3 people in 1 car, that's 90 people. And if every car brought 1 T.V and/or 1 Wii+Brawl we'd have at least 30 T.Vs and/or 30 Wiis + Brawls. That's pretty good. That's of course if there are no parking spaces already being used.
$100's only $2 pp if 50 people came. Although we'd need the bigger venue which is around $200 or something, no? Still, $4.

Post is too long. SIGH.

ACCELERATE

Smash Lord
Okay.

-Lets think about this. How many active brawlers live in brisbane? How many active Brawlers live on the GC?
Monthlies should be only on the gold coast.

-Kas you keep talking about not wanting to play the game SO dont. Seriously. So far you have contributed nothing at all to this scene so stop wasting your time.

-Crews are a bad idea. Mainly because there is not really an even way to split up the crews.

-Enough MK discussion speak about that elswhere.

-Cao whilst your input is always good you and shaya need to go have your little gay virtual match somewhere else.

-We also need to find away to get people to play seriously without the need for money. Poor smashers FTL. From my experience unless there is something to lose/gain. People dont care if they lose. They wont play seriously. "I Sandbagged" "I only play serious in tournies" lines like that tend to pop up.
Discuss.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Only manly people who main Captain Falcon in Melee can be manly enough to make a post so manly.

MEN!

URGGHHH!

FALCON PUNCH!

<3 Ryan.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Lol, I agree with Zac. c:

Edit:

That was too meaningless of a post.
I thought you didn't want to talk to me anymore, Ryan. So maybe you should keep to your word and perhaps back up your statements with some facts - you don't come on here very often, nor do you check every post I make, so I can assume you haven't seen any of the (maybe not so HELPFUL help) input I've put into this. At least I'm not DISCOURAGING people to go away, maybe you could learn a thing or two from me. Maybe. I won't get my hopes up. <3

I don't actually go on about how much I don't want to play it, I only say it every now and then. However I thank you for looking out for me, because you're telling me to stop wasting my time (and perhaps use it more constructively?). It's not my fault I can beat you at the game, if you don't want to play me that's fine but I'll keep playing, I just don't play with an attitude like yours that only seems to matter if there's money involved, otherwise you can't play it seriously, which is a load of bull, because if you don't play seriously then you don't get better, and if you don't get better then you'll lose. c:
Which is my answer to what you just said about there needing to be a means for winning.
Everyone will always john about something, it's only natural, people don't like admitting to be beaten by a better player. Using money as a medium for it is just sad because it shows that you can only play with certain stakes? The stakes are maybe your ego, or your reputation. If you lose when nothing's on the line it just means that you suck all the more. Why don't we make a new thing other than money, such as bets? d: That would be fun.

If I can beat Chris (Amaterasu) best out of 3 then he has to lick my feet, if he wins I have to suck his d---. You get my point. Although it doesn't seem like a fair enough way to make it a very 'competitive' feel, because it would only work for the final two, not for everyone.
Anyway I'm just trying to GIVE MY ADVICE ONTO THINGS.
OH MY GORD sorry I'll be more like you, Ryan, and stay out of things until it seems like it's good enough to come out and say: "Stop wasting your time [insert name].". Oh but of course you 'must' be a busy person, therefore it's ok to come out and tell me to stop wasting my time. Of COURSE, forgive me, Ryan, I'll make sure to look into things more INTENSELY before I blurt out the first thing that comes to mind. Oh and I'm not trying to insinuate that that's what you do at all, no. c:

Ben is an active Brawl player, and so would I be if I had the game. Since I don't, though, I suppose you could say I'm not a Brawl player that plays Brawl by himself. I prefer to play the game with other people, rather than by myself. :D It's good to see that you're paying attention to the fact that more people at playing Brawl in GC, but there are people outside of Brisbane (northside) that also play, which are in fact closer to 'Brisbane' *gasp*? Monthlies should be held in one area, though, that's for sure, as Dave said, it would be less complicated and easier to manage. Gold Coast is better all in all anyway because it's so much beach-ier. <3

Crews are fine as they are, is what I think. Brisbane, Gold Coast, Outer Brisbane, Southside, etc, all of those seem fine, making them smaller would only be good once we have more than enough. At least 6 in each sub... place, or such. But I think in a tournament or such then it wouldn't be like that, it'd only be the main places (i.e Brisbane/GC). By which I mean Brisbane is everyone that lives close to and in Brisbane and Gold Coast is everyone that lives close to and in GC.

Metaknight is a character in Brawl, so I think the discussion is valid enough in itself, as long as it isn't spam, which it is, which is when people come in with points about how to keep the spam AWAY by showing the spammers that there are reasons MK is allowed and ETC. I thought we in Australia wanted to try and be different to everyone else? Having discussions about characters to ourselves is a good thing, isn't it?

If you haven't realised Dave gave us good advice on things that WE haven't even thought of, so, again, instead of pushing people away, maybe you should encourage them to stop digressing from topics-at-hand or from any helpful input towards the QLD scene or such.
From what I can see... the only input you put in right now is the one to do with money. Your help/unhelp ratio is 1:4. Better work on that.

--

If you ignore this, Ryan, it just shows that you actually 'don't' read my posts and that it shows that you're ignorant and therefore anything you say is basically void. C:

THANK YOU AND GOODNIGHT EVERYONE.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Being employed or not means that what they/we say has less meaning?
Maybe you should stop putting yourself down and others in order to protect Ryan. =/
Ryan's got a job, wow, therefore everything he says has 100x more meaning and he can back everything up because he has a job and... ... ...? And? And what else? Lol.
Ryan's got his own views, and so do we, we've all got opinions, if you don't wanna read other peoples' more than others then don't, and don't say that they've got less value than another's. :D

Sirias

Smash Champion
Yeah but you go to school/uni, Chris, and you're awesome, so we love you. :D

And we don't look down on you, we just give you a lot of ****, Michael, and since you get so irritated by it it feeds our desire to make you as angry as possible.
Well, not me, but the people in GC anyway.

Guh, enough typing.

Edit:

Nick that's basically what you said before, just more elaborate.
Ok, so, Zac and I don't have a job, we DO do things, but since we don't have a job, we're therefore... less inclined to have as much of a say as Ryan?
Stop being a fool.
What I was more or less trying to say is that Ryan's trying to say that he's helped with this, when he hasn't, at least, barely at all, but he's trying to take authority over me?
I don't see his logic, and I don't see yours either. What we ARE doing isn't what we HAVE done. If you would LOOK at what you say maybe you'd realise you said: "What he's DONE with his life." Not: "What he's DOING with his life.". Seriously, I'm getting so sick of this cr@p, learn to know more.

What makes you think I haven't done anything with life? And what makes you think I'm not doing anything with my life just because I don't have a job?!
I have had jobs, I have done things with my life.
OH MY GORD! REALLY?!
Yes, so now will you realise that Ryan isn't more 'worthy' of anything more than me or Zac? Ffs.

Edit 2:

I'm ready to RAGE. XD

Sieg

Smash Champion
On another note, money doesn't make everyone play hard.

I always go hardout when I play, regradless of friendlies or tourney or w/e.

Unless it's like FFA.

With items.

Pro.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Lol to your apology, Nick. Mega fail. =/

You don't look like you play hardcore---
Oh my god I just realised the word hardout.
THAT BRINGS BACK MEMORIES... *reminisce*
... Anyway, as I saying...
---Michael, you look like you just play for fun. o:

Oh my gord I need to make dinner I'm so hungry omfgfogmfogm.

Items is so fun.
We need to make a tournament with smash balls in it.
Like in the first post of the tournament thread we could just put in "Smash Balls will be used" in a plethora of text. :D Wall of text etc. It'd be fun, because people wouldn't know, then they would, then they would rage, and we would all win, because we rule. c:

K dinner time, enough. FFS. ENOUGH SMASH TALK!

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
2 days

one in ***
one in english

same **** differnt moonspeak

bla bla bla vs capcom will not be epic

it will fail because no doubt it will be a card game or something and you know it

All of those games ARE CASUAL

hardcore casual! yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah no
Lawls at the no knowledge
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AGwKLiNL_0&feature=related
^^ The Game looks godly. Personly ill be getting it for PS3 but meh its just that no one makes a good stick for Wii.

But personally the game im looking forward to most and the one that has me most excited is Trace Memory i loved the game on DS as well as the follow up Hotel Dusk. Sin and Punishment 2 looks ****in wicked ill be buying that. And punchout with Wii Motion Plus should be sweet.

Sieg

Smash Champion
God game is god.

Also how do I look like I play for fun Kas?

I rage everytime I lose.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Game looks lame, too slow, too smooth. =/

Hmm... well I guess you do tend to get more serious 'after a while', in the beginning you look like you have fun, and I generally relate fun to not being serious. d:

You don't really 'rage' every time you lose, only if you lose a lot, you're just one of the ones that actually voices your hatred, most others tend to just keep on playing until they eventually win and then they stop playing after that.
It gets sad when that happens, it makes me want to play less and less when people want to play more and more just to win. :c

I want to play MvC again.
Who has it? o:
And maybe Soul Calibur.

Yokai

Smash Ace
this thread has filled up with rage already.

I have a job, and go to uni. blah blah blah. no one cares.

Kas, for some odd reason I read your posts, but imagine them as if you are saying them.

Ryan: Thanks for your input, its hard to get things moving, but dont completly annoy people.

bah, im gunna get flamed for this for some reason, people love to hate me lol.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Good luck with those awesome 3D graphics.

Did WONDERS for Maximum Impact 2.

>.>

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
>Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time (for both DS and Wii!)

>Mario & Luigi 3

>New Wario Ware game
>Mega Man Starforce 3
>Valkyrie Profile: The Accused One
>Chocobo Fables 2
>Tales of Hearts
>Professor Layton 3 (has a subtitle, can't remember it)
>Gyakuten Kenji! (AKA Turnabout Prosecutor)
>Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
>The 7th Dragon

gimme gimme gimme, r4 ftw =D
nice sig vyse its splashtasticle XD

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
psp are good.. if u are rich XD
same goes with ps3 =P
they have alot of good games on them.. expensive =P

ds games kinda venture more through genres if u disclude the crappy platforms based on movies or tv shows... u know who u are cory in the house.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
PSP is so gay. i only ever played mine for like a week. then i just used it as a Music player till i got an Ipod. But i am thinking of getting a Slim and getting SF Alpha 3

Sirias

Smash Champion
:C BOOKER :C! PSPs are awesome! :D
Well, I'm sure they are... They're just not for me, is all. c:

No worries, James, I won't hate on you for... reading my posts as if I'm saying it.
Isn't that how you usually read things? That's how I read things... I imagine the person saying it, as opposed to... reading it... with a monotone voice that resembles my own. :D Jwub. <3

Ryan wasn't annoying or trying to, he's just trying to help. c:
I just tried to show him that I actually read and reply to his posts but I think it got a little out of hand. =/

Lulul R4!!! ARGH!! SO AWESOME!!! D: <<<

Kingdom Hearts, eh, Chris...
Well at least you're not gonna waste too much money on games and such, then. That's a bonus!

3D is gay. c:
I mean, 3D fighting, not 3D... 2D fighting.
Apart from Soul Calibur, it's hott.

OMG does anyone remember BLAST CHAMBER?!?!?!

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
You all do know that Street fighter 4 even though is 3D graphics plays exactly the same as all the 2D Street Fighters right? Its just a 2D fighter with 3D graphics. and now that they have fixed the art design it looks fawking HOT!!

And Soul Cal is hot and probably the only good full 3D fighter. Number 2 was my fav due to the linkage in it. Number 4 goes pretty good still can whoop everyones *** with Maxi. I dare anyone to take it down.

And i never played Blast Chambers Kas. I was chillin with my SNES back in the days of the Saturn playing some good old Clay Fighters... man that game was the ****. And screw was everyone says about the N64 Clayfighters IT HAD ITS MOMENTS!

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Mini-Request

As they discussion isn't very smash related (although that isn't necessarily a bad thing), I thought I might slide us slowly back onto topic.
I kind of have a mini-request to anyone with Photoshop or some other photo editing software...
Its come to my attention that I may need to go looking for someone else in Toowoomba that plays Smash. And to find this person/persons I need a poster of some description. I guess about A4 size so I can stick it on noticeboards around Uni and Downtown.

So if anyone wants to help me out with a nifty lookin' design, I would be grateful, otherwise it'll probably end up lame.

KK. Well let me know guys.
L8as.

Sirias

Smash Champion
I'm pro at Photoshop but I don't use it anymore. =/
I have it on my computer (laptop, rather) but my laptop is so **** that it lags the fk out of it just by opening it.
I'm pretty sure Dave (CAOTIC) or Anthony use Photoshop?
I only use openCanvas now since I only 'draw'...
And I don't know why I'm saying any of this.

I want to use Oekaki more. c: So funn.

OMG. Clay Fighters. HOTT.
I wonder how well I'd go against you in Soul Cal, Booker... probably not too well.

Blast Chamber, ahhh... good old days. It was on the Playstation and you basically played as a Power Ranger and ran around in a box. So fun. :D

Yokai

Smash Ace
not to my knowledge.

Im so busy again with uni and stuff, ill have to find time to come down vyse.

Do you get the christmas hols off? Im on holidays from 14 of november.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom