• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Queensland Power Rankings v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrubs

Smash Lord
Queensland Power Rankings 29/12/09

Mission Statement:

Using a set of defined criteria, the goal of the Queensland Power Rankings is to regularly maintain an ordered list of the state’s top 10 players of the games Super Smash Bros. Melee and Super Smash Bros. Brawl. To be utilised by the opinions of several, informed panelists, the criteria, will be designed to ensure an objective and fair measurement of each player’s perceived skill to properly order them within each power ranking list.

Purpose:

The purpose of the Queensland Power Ranking project for the smash series is to encourage the competitive development of the game and to nurture the desire of lesser players to compete for placement on and within the power rankings. The power rankings will drive all players to consistently attend tournaments and will also serve as a tool for tournament organisers to accurately seed state level smash events.

Panelists:

Accelerate
Hotdogs
J-Birds
Scrubs
Vyse

Criteria:

1) Recent Tournament Placements

* Must have competed in a tournament within 3 months of the updated list.
* The more recent the tournament, the more weight it holds in determining placement on the ranking.
* More recent wins or losses hold more weight.
* More tournament results equates to more consistency in placement.
* Tournament Placement only accounts for standard singles events. Doubles/Low Tier events do not count towards the rankings
* Self imposed handicaps should not to be taken into consideration in this or any other criteria. (This includes using low tier characters in a standard singles event)

2) Win/Loss History

* Placement on the power rankings is influenced by who you have beaten in tournaments
* Conversely; it is also affected by whom you have lost to.
* The significance of these wins and losses is determined by the perceived skill level of the opponent (be they power ranked or not).
* Money Matches/Out of State tournament performance is counted.
* Friendlies are not an acceptable means of perceiving the skill level of a player and do not count towards power ranking considerations. Taking friendlies into account is in direct opposition of the goals and purpose of the power rankings.

3) Exceptions/Panelist Discretion

* In the event of forfeiting from a tournament, it will be up to the panel to use their discretion in using the limited results supplied. Panelists will take into consideration the circumstances surrounding the forfeit.
* All considerations by the panel should not be heavily dictated by the criteria, the criteria instead serving to guide the panel to the most accurate outcome.

The Rankings

Up and Comers

Yokai (Zelda)
Toki (Marth)
AD3PT (Ness)
Arrow (Snake)

Up and Comers

J-Birds (Marth)
Hotdogs (Jiggs)
Vyse (Sheik)

Previous PR Lists

QLD Power Rankings v.1

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8331174&postcount=1

Note:

If you disagree with a placing please give specific reasons why i.e refer to a bracket image (they are all in the hotcats thread). There is a chance the panelists may have missed something developing this list.

Scrubs

Smash Lord
8. Moose (Peach/Roy) *NEW

The fark? Peach? put a marf in thar

Also how is rob 4 spots higher when we tied at squat?

Double Also NEW?! NEW?! ITS NOT LIKE I JUST ROCKED UP
Hahaha

You used peach to beat the best player you played at SQUAT (josh)

Also NEW to the list not new player

Also its not only based on squat

KamiStriker

Smash Journeyman
i dont play fox =P, im falco/falcon =). Just play fox alot in friendlies. Also why isnt syke on there? O.o

Sirias

Smash Champion
Kas = 1st and 5th.
Amaterasu = 1st and 6th.

OOOHHH MMMAAAYYYUUNNN!!!
I'm 1 placing above Chris!
WIN!!!

What were the placings based off?
I'm PREsuming not off tournaments placings alone.

Sloth

Smash Ace
Instead of disagreeing with my placement - I personally don't think I've been back in the scene long enough for a placement to be created considering there isn't enough actual game experience verse most players to solidify a logical poistion.

But I am curious as to why I was put at 5th? for example; I know AussieRob is a good player - we had a few friendlies, but what reasoning are we using to put me below him and me above Chris?

Scrubs

Smash Lord
Mainly based on Robs performance against SD vs. yours.... Plus previous tourneys

Chris is up there because of previous results + teams performance at squat

These aren't based entirely off SQUAT

Although you have only just come back it was a major....

Sloth

Smash Ace
So if I took off one set - would I still be behind based off the fact Rob has been in the scene longer?
I'd hope so, because one matchup where different characters were used against only one person is a heavly biased situation

However I do have doubts whether that team skill should actually justify poistioning within the Power Ranks - to play well in teams is different to your ability to take people on 1v1.
So to consider it in the power-rankings you have to consider it for everyone not just one person.

Jupz

Smash Master
But not in the PR IMO. And I do take teams quite seriously lol. I pretty much always get second (or first that time ric wasn't there). /getting carred by good players

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Yeah teams are still important =) I love them to death.

I just think they shouldn't be accounted for in a PR. (but yeah as Vlade said, depends on the panelists opinion)

weee

J-Birds

Smash Lord
There has been a lot of drama regarding power rankings as of late so i urge everyone to just let it rest as to what constitutes peoples rank.
In the end its just down to the opinions of the panel to where they think people should be. Yes certain things do influence our opinion that may not be weighted as highly to you, that's just the way it is.

Scrubs

Smash Lord
So if I took off one set - would I still be behind based off the fact Rob has been in the scene longer?
I'd hope so, because one matchup where different characters were used against only one person is a heavly biased situation

However I do have doubts whether that team skill should actually justify poistioning within the Power Ranks - to play well in teams is different to your ability to take people on 1v1.
So to consider it in the power-rankings you have to consider it for everyone not just one person.
Yep...Rob would still be ahead... Like I said past results count...

Additionally teams was mainly used in Chris' case to justify a position that he earned from past results...because he couldn't enter singles at SQUAT...

Kas didn't win squat doubles by himself....

Hotdog

Smash Lord
pretty pictures are already done, will upload them when i get home =P

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
woah, i just realised j-birds is a panelist now.

also lawl@bryce commenting that he "shouldn't" be on the list when he's obviously better than most ppl. JUST PROMISE TO COME TO MORE TOURNIES T_T if you don't then you'll probs be taken off the next list ='(

Sloth

Smash Ace
Whoever wins teams with Syke deserves all of the money
I've already done that at a tournament about a year ago!
I think I'm the first person to achieve what most thought was the impossible

also too tired to comment on teaming thing a bit more. Using it for justification seems like a debate in itself but I have no energy in me. Stupid travelling.

BTW, I wasn't around when QLD power-rankings took effect, but did the actual QLD players have a vote on who should be on the panel-list? or was it self-selection without debate?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
SOOIIKEEE -
and I was the one who carried him >_< I'm crap for like an hour before i start to warm up, that explains my crappy doubles placings..

AND WTF AT KAMI???? lachlan is waaaayyyy better u ****tards.... ****

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I tried to infract myself but I can't seem to find the button for it... oh well I tried!

<3 Syke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom