• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Queen B. Kyon's Random Question Thread

hiROI

Smash Lord
/sigh Dark......

FL peaches we need to play more often.
I played Kyon yesterday for like 4 hours :p Living across the street FTW!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But I like how my Peach looked yesterday, just in general I go on autopilot a lot and things get messy :X

My playstyle involves a lot of transistions. My main method might be that of defend and retaliate. I try to defend myself with the use of spaced attacks, rolls, shield, jumps, dodges, etc., then try to counter attack with something that will hit. After I get that initial punishment I try to follow-up unless it is no longer safe to do so in which case I revert back to defending myself.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
I played Kyon yesterday for like 4 hours :p Living across the street FTW!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But I like how my Peach looked yesterday, just in general I go on autopilot a lot and things get messy :X
You know how we do it gurl

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I generally try to counter whatever my opponent does, which is why I love OoS Turnips and Peach's 2nd jump - this is essentially my gameplan if there isn't a specific way of beating someone (e.g. like there is with Wario)

I personally enjoy to play a bait and punish game with my opponent and harrass the hell out of them with Turnips. Throwing Turnips up like <3 mentioned is really cool, especially when you Bone Walk away and glide toss it up to create an extra problem for an opponent, plus you can catch it with an aerial and then use it again if you need

There aren't any tourneys where I live so whilst I do play defensivly, I do go on spammy Fair hopping to get a kill in - resorting to timing someone out is something I don't think I've ever had to do (except for one or two cases). I avoid it as much as possible cause its no fun when your Brawling with friends. I would gladly just sit there, hold a Turnip and shield and dodge in a tourney match but...the way things look, I'll never have to do that xD

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
people put down auto pilot a lot... but it rarely lets me down. In fact my main goal when I play is to stay in auto pilot to not over think and just kinda go with the flow.

when I do start thinking is where problems arise I second guess which slows me down and destroys the flow leaving room for punishment and time to react. I feel like I never make the wrong choices in auto pilot, kinda like stepmania and DDR when you start feeling that pressure and you are doing good, flowing with the steps you just want to stay there and that's your only goal... but that pressure to keep it up is always there.

Nicole

Smash Champion
Taco bell! Chicken quesadillas are terribly delicious. Plus, the $5 box deal they have going on now is amazing for my wallet.

White-Peach

Smash Ace
Idk, I cook a lot so I know the value of food, and it pains me to buy something that I could make (which is usually a recipe away), and especially when I buy something and feel like it didnt live up to my expectation.

I really love my sweets <3

I have a soft spot for cooking from either side of my family, Filipino food or good country cookin'!

Metatitan

Smash Master
Frankie animals eat other animals, being a vegetarian doesn't make you a better person or anything so why stop eating meat ;o?

I'm not a huge fan of fast food but I'd have to say Jack n the Box

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Frankie animals eat other animals, being a vegetarian doesn't make you a better person or anything so why stop eating meat ;o?
It's a nice way to lose weight and offers health advantages as long as you eat right.
It can make a person feel better about themself.

@ question
Hmmm.. I would say McDonalds but I've been tired of it recently.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
i like in n out but i quit fast food forever though b/c i was diagnosed w/ type 2 diabetes like a month ago.

it's not so bad though i guess since if i cheat i'll make sure it's mad good.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
basically.

i used to be mad worried but apparently it can't do anything to me at all if i keep my sugar in check so now it hardly matters to me so it's all good.

it's **** like this though that makes me far less tolerant to certain people's melodrama over the dumbest stuff all over these boards.

White-Peach

Smash Ace
I know what you mean lol

But you are always experiencing more damage than any "normal" person by virtue of being diabetic. Even with great control, you're still managing a shakier system, and because it is no longer automatically controlled, you'll have periods of time when your blood sugar isnt perfectly controlled. These little windows of time add up way down the line, and you'll eventually suffer the effects of diabetes... but GOOD, CONSISTENT control makes those effects happen much later. Or think about it this way, good control now means the littlest damage for when they find something (cure? easier/better management?) better down the line. Keep your losses to a minimum :)

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
oh.

but i could probably make it to 60 right? >_>

i'm 20 atm.

don't scare me. xD

i could eventually just make it go bye bye anyway if i keep my blood/sugar in normal ranges right?

not that i'm counting on it or anything.

and my kidneys are healing from whatever damage i did to them right?

and what would you say is the minimum amount of damage I can possibly take w/ great control?

;o

White-Peach

Smash Ace
60 easily. I mean, you have people with other issues TOGETHER with the diabetes go earlier, but good control means that you aren't putting yourself at risk for other issues.

I'm not trying to scare you, I'm trying to ingrain in you that it is important to be consistent with your control. I mean, you can't lie to your doctor, there's a test that can find out whether or not you've been "good" and managing yourself the way you should be :p

Diabetes doesnt go away >_> I mean, you can have hyperglycemia (high blood sugar or "high sugar") that can go away... But that has to do with a temporary issue. You can have hyperglycemia and have the same symptoms as a diabetic person while on certain drugs or while pregnant. But to my knowledge, once you have diabetes, you have it until they find a cure (which hasnt happened yet.)

As far as your kidneys, or anywhere else in your body, anytime something is damaged, it heals with a scar. The scar tissue will always work less efficiently than unaffected tissue. So while you may give your kidneys "a break" by managing your diabetes well, and allow them to heal, they'll never function at the original 100% It may be 99.9%, but those decreases in efficiency add up and eventually manifest as a problem.

Amount of damage, idk, every person is different, and what kind of lifestyle is acceptable to some people may not be acceptable to all. You have a lot of reading to do :) I say start with something general about diabetes, and then go on to managing your symptoms. Learn how to manage activity periods with eating, and read a lot on how you are affected by water gains/losses. You can do so much good by drinking water as appropriate (meaning, don't overdo it.) But definitely read up on dehydration and how it affects your symptoms as well as the "balance" as a whole.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
oh cool cool, as long as i know good control means i can live to be old then i'm good. as far as kidney **** i guess maybe it'll get me when i'm old then but sumtin eventually kills us all so whatever, it's allg ood.

and yeah, i don't cheat on my diabetes since i just had it. 'cept when my aunt made me go out to eat with her yesturday. i had this big *** burger and cheesecake but when i checked my blood/sugar a few hrs later it was at like 115 so the damage wasn't so bad.

it's prob lower now since i just went out for a run and i'm about to have a salad.

but yea it's cool my family understands that i will not eat like that every week or every month.

maaaaaybe every few months XD

but yeah i'm rly consistent w/ my control now. the only real change is having to bring my own food to tournaments.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
diet.

i gotta take a lipsinopril (sp?) b4 i eat in the morning.

then 2 metformin pills after my meal in the morning and in the evening.

after genesis i tried to like run n stuff and lose weight but then when i got a check up a month ago they said i lost 40 lbs which was waaaaaay too much.

turns out my sugar was around 400. it doesn't like bother me knowing now that that **** was actually deadly but i have **** under control now.

so now i'm like 5'8 1/2" and 160. that was a month ago though so i prob lost pound or two since then though since i have to actually eat healthy and continue w/ the exercise.

Snakeee

Smash Master

I'm not a huge fan of fast food but I'd have to say Jack n the Box
It is for my moral reasoning actually. Everyone simply says the same simple line you did to speak against being a vegetarian as a moral issue. To counter that one, I could simply say that it will be beneficial as it shows that we are not as primitive as animals, and do not feel the need to eat them.

It really depends on what your views of animals are like. I believe them to be sort of like "demi-humans," because they share a lot of the same attributes that we have, albeit to a lesser level. The more advanced animals like chimps, can use a significant amount of reason as well so that has to count for something. To me it even somewhat opens up the possibility of the idea of reincarnation as well, but that's just a side note and not necessarily correlated to this.

I'm really tired and that was a pretty sloppy answer, so I'll probably say more later.

White-Peach

Smash Ace
diet.

i gotta take a lipsinopril (sp?) b4 i eat in the morning.

then 2 metformin pills after my meal in the morning and in the evening.

after genesis i tried to like run n stuff and lose weight but then when i got a check up a month ago they said i lost 40 lbs which was waaaaaay too much.

turns out my sugar was around 400. it doesn't like bother me knowing now that that **** was actually deadly but i have **** under control now.

so now i'm like 5'8 1/2" and 160. that was a month ago though so i prob lost pound or two since then though since i have to actually eat healthy and continue w/ the exercise.
Your metformin is for your diabetes too (I was like wtf at that drug, i've seen it but that's because I know it as Glucophage). Lisinopril is for your heart/blood pressure, which is associated with your diabetic condition, but it doesnt manage it directly~

Do you know the symptoms you experience with high and low blood sugar? If not, you should definitely be aware so you know when to test yourself. It might be further down the line, and maybe it's because I've given my fair share, but insulin is a wonderful drug :) Not to say that diet and exercise dont have their place, but insulin is wonderful too xD

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
"Come for life, game, and medical advice, all in one place."

<3 Peach boards

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
Your metformin is for your diabetes too (I was like wtf at that drug, i've seen it but that's because I know it as Glucophage). Lisinopril is for your heart/blood pressure, which is associated with your diabetic condition, but it doesnt manage it directly~

Do you know the symptoms you experience with high and low blood sugar? If not, you should definitely be aware so you know when to test yourself. It might be further down the line, and maybe it's because I've given my fair share, but insulin is a wonderful drug :) Not to say that diet and exercise dont have their place, but insulin is wonderful too xD
hmmmmm i know i had a tingling left foot b4 but now that my sugar is waaaaaaaay down it doesn't happen anymore.

also i think when i'm reclined and then suddenly get up my vision blurs sometimes but i think that's when my sugar is a little high i think.

hmm, that's about it though. the tingling foot never happens anymore but the dizzy thing kinda does still.

what's w/ insulin anyway? is that the shot thing? i don't mind shots but i don't think i'd wanna deal w/ that everyday. how good is insulin though? like what would that do for me that my current pills and diet/exercise don't do?

White-Peach

Smash Ace
Usually people complain of low blood sugar as feeling shakey and nauseated. High blood sugar, you'll notice you're eating, drinking, and peeing more. Maybe it will edit that out. You'll go #1 more lol

Insulin is basically something the body makes, that takes the sugar in the blood, and basically "feeds" it to the cell. Once inside the cell, it no longer has any ill-effect. Your big meals, that would otherwise cause your sugar to rise, can be mediated with a shot before (which involves math, basically counting how many points each food is worth, then converting it to how much insulin you draw up into a syringe to give yourself.) Or~ you can be RE-active and let your sugar rise up, then take an appropriate amount based on your sliding scale provided by your doctor (Sliding scale is basically a gradually increasing amount of insulin for a gradually increasing amount of blood sugar, as with cutoff limits/parameters set by your doctor.)

Insulin is an everyday thing. Some people do shots with a kind of insulin that works all day. Others use the more conventional (at least to me) method of coverage that goes with every meal. People get VERY good at managing their sugar levels (I had a rotation at a middle school, and the kids with type1 were ridiculously fast with counting [carbs], preparing their syringe/insulin pen, giving their shots, and putting their supplies away.) I've seen a highschooler just start insulin therapy, and I've seen middleschoolers extremely proficient with their management.

Well, your question about the pills is something I really can't answer because I just dont know. That's definitely a question for your doctor. I'm curious as well. I know more about insulin, diet, and exercise when discussing control of blood sugar in diabetes, but less so about your metformin/glucophage.

It's a shame that the smash community is so young :( we'd have so many more interesting discussions if people were older. But I have another board for that :)
Some things might get out of hand if we were older. Good thing for SWF wanting to keep a family image.

My question that I want to know is which characters might it not be good to use a ground float Dair against in there recovery?

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
favorite smasher of all time?

whoa that one is pretty hard. it's between like 2 people. yeah i can narrow it down to 2 but i shall not name. ;O

Metatitan

Smash Master
Favorite smasher? No idea, I love most of the ones I meet.

Favorite to watch? Probly either anther/edrees (for brawl) and Armada for melee.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
Ohhh thats a tough one...

Favorite smasher that i look up to: Mike G and maybe Mikael.

Favorite Smasher i know: Probably Riot and X-factor. these two are like the most fun people i have met in smash period. And like, when they arent at a tourney that im at, its defiantly not as fun.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I have never been so excited for Smash than when watching Armada on the big screen at Genesis.

I don't even play that game.

Top Bottom