• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [QLD] Tournament & General Thread: Next Event - UQ Smash 15 - 19/12/15

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Why lansmash when we can do smash elsewhere and pay less money and have more fun. I always hate havingn to pay 20 bucks just for all the people playing PC games.

Edit: anybody free Thursday? I have all day and I'm keen to smash.

Last edited:

Russ The Love Muss

I just want to love you
NNID
RussellTLM
In other news, play warehouse really needs some organising from a bracket stand point, I mean a one point 3 brackets were held up at once, not calling anyone out but it's just a concern of mine
That was my bad. Baby TO johns, but I should have just DQd people holding up the melee brackets.

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
No biggie love muscle, the main issues was time restrictions and Cal goes to far in all brackets

Also forgot to say earlier, cheers to radiance for teaming with me, always fun teaming with one of the old school doubles champs

S.D

Smash Master
I played Falcon against Dutch and one of the new guys after his friend requested it. I'd rather use Fox against Zac because I want my Fox to get good. Perhaps our sets would be more interesting if he stopped ****ing around with other characters?
Now you're pro school mad good Zac is scared of losing to you "legitimately".
Spup for Buttonsmash champ.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
I think lansmash is good for us at Santasmash for a few reasons.

-Summer time. They have a good aircon. Unlike any of our other venues.

-The near infinite time-frame.

-I kinda like the atmosphere and the game can get interest from other like minded people who don;t know about the smash scene. And I remember the hype from earlier this year for Blue vs G$ and other matches like that.
Much of that hype wouldn't have been there without the interest of some old school smashers who happened to be there for other games.

-Its really not that expensive. I mean really.

Bad points are the availability to food. If people stopped being Dck Rags and ate a feast before arriving, it wouldn't be such an issue.
But that should happen all the time regardless, not just for lansmash.

I will probably be there for Killer Instinct anyway, I've enjoyed it for smash in the past and would like to see it again.
Maybe its just stupid nostalgia, but very fond memories of SantaSmash last year, it was where Melee roared back to life and it was a joy to be a part of.

Did I mention the aircon?
The Ice Cavern.
Its worth the price of admission alone.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
He'll be da bess soon imo.

Most drive, most tech skillz, most rapidly improving.

I won't be able to keep up.
He also apparently just lost to syke and tristan (tristant came 1st?) just this weekend.

You're safe for a long time right now Sam

Sloth

Smash Ace
Where the brackets at? Also any vids recorded? Would enjoy seeing Tristan destroy people again.

Russ The Love Muss

I just want to love you
NNID
RussellTLM
Where the brackets at? Also any vids recorded? Would enjoy seeing Tristan destroy people again.
Brackets should be up this afternoon. I believe there were recordings but I'm not sure who has them and when they will be uploaded QLD sucks

Last edited:

smopup

Smash Journeyman
The most important piece of Queensland Smash history was recorded at this event: Jimbo's pop off during the crew battle.

10/10 tournament, can't wait to go back to that godly venue again and hang with everyone. Shoutouts to Party and co for being able to run a slick first tournament. I'm not sure if Bizz and/or Thatch check the boards, but thank you for taking care of us on Saturday night.

Congrats to Tristan for bopping everyone and thank you Zac for playing your silky smooth Marth against me.

I guess this wasn't my tournament, but I'll be ready next time hoh hoh!

Russ The Love Muss

I just want to love you
NNID
RussellTLM
GC Smash Grounds Results

Melee Singles - Pro

1: Tristan
2: Syke
3: Smoking Puppy
4: Haikal
5: Cal
5: AussieRob
7: Radiance
7: Tranq
9: Jimbo
9: Phrase
9: Kami
9: Dutch
13: Mytus
13: Dino

Melee Singles - Amateur

1: G$
2: JKTS
3: Party
4: Blue
5: JediLink
5: Slurpy
7: JuicyPenguin
7: Wizzow
9: Thatch
9: DJ Cat
9: Caelan
9: E-Dawg
13: Casey
13: Nonco
13: Sam
13: Bizz

Melee Doubles

1: Smoking Puppy & Cal
2: Radiance & Tristan
3: Mytus & Syke
4: Dutch & Party
5: DJ Cat & Dino
5: Tranq & JKTS
7: Haikal & Sam
7: Carlisle & Will
9: Rob & Casey
9: Slurpy & Bizz
9: Caelan & Jedilink
9: G$ & Phrase
13: Micky & Ethan
13: Blue & Nonco

Last edited:

trissy

Smash Rookie

tristan practising for next tourney

freaking LOL. its funny cause its true.

thanks for the tourney guys had a really great time.

cheers to all who set up the tourney you all did a fantastic job at hosting it.

OHH AND BRENT, them sausages rocked dude. best meal for the week!

Wizzow

Smash Cadet
Are sign ups supposed to start at 12 for Smash Brovas or is that just when people should start getting there? Because depending on which train I catch, I may be a bit late or a bit early.

Last edited:

Russ The Love Muss

I just want to love you
NNID
RussellTLM
Are sign ups supposed to start at 12 for Smash Brovas or is that just when people should start getting there? Because depending on which train I catch, I may be a bit late or a bit early.
If you get there before 1 you should be fine, but keep in mind people won't be waiting if you show up late. That's why the time is set as 12. If you are afraid you're going to miss sign up you can ask someone to sign you up as long as you aren't going to be that late. Getting there a little early is fine too as people would just be there playing friendlies.

Last edited:

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
Another great sykeypoo tourney, just need to whip out some more fans to keep the place cool and we'll be aces
(Puppy's only fan can't do all the work on its own)

So what's the plan for the next month for tourneys and meets, taking a break until after uni exams (around the 22nd of November) or just powering on?
Also picked up that random CRT near syke's place on the way home and it's another Goldeneye tv, soooooo goooooooood

Wizzow

Smash Cadet
Someone posted something on the Facebook group about a possible melee tourney at UQ on either the 22nd or 23rd

Also I fly out to Bali tomorrow morning until the 10th so I won't be able to go to anything until I'm back

Last edited:

smopup

Smash Journeyman
The next proper event might be the Gold Coast tournament. I remember Party saying it might be on November 16, but I don't think anything's confirmed at this point. If not, there'll be the UQ tournament on November 22.

I'm so happy that QLD Smash has another GoldenEye CRT in its possession. <3

Have fun in Bali, Wizzow!

Last edited:
Top Bottom